4.20 star(s) 43 Votes

vonstroem

Dec 27, 2017
Truth to be told, the wait is killing me. It has been more than four months since the last meaningful update now...

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Yeah, the last update was literally a single picture. Even the ongoing comic series fails to update as often as it should, it's something like a page a week. Reinbach is definitely taking advantage of patreon.

Reactions: Rayanm

vonstroem

Dec 27, 2017
Worst part (for me), is that this release should be concentrating on Raina, which I've been waiting since day 1. It sucks that the updates take fucking forever, even after hitting the $4200 goal (which actually turned out to be worthless, since his coder apparently wouldn't be able to commit anyway). At this point I wonder if it's even going to be this week :(

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Worst part (for me), is that this release should be concentrating on Raina, which I've been waiting since day 1. It sucks that the updates take fucking forever, even after hitting the $4200 goal (which actually turned out to be worthless, since his coder apparently wouldn't be able to commit anyway). At this point I wonder if it's even going to be this week :(
Sounds like Reinbach needs to find a new coder then. It's Renpy, not rocket surgery. Shouldn't be too hard.

vonstroem

Dec 27, 2017
I don't think that's happening, they are buddies afaik. Rein's explanation was while that was the initial idea, but it got fucked because of the virus outbreak. But it's not only the coding, there is also the writing and rewriting, and the animations, which, while nice, apparently take a lot of time to make.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Not going to comment on the writing and animations bit, but not being able to find another code because of Covid is bullshit. "Oh yeah sorry, I can't do this relatively simple job that would pay me decently and would be done from home. Sorry, can't do it, no coders can. Literally none of us."

vonstroem

Dec 27, 2017
To clarify, changing the coder was never on the menu, rather the intention was for him to scale down his day job hours (and spend more time on the game), which he wasn't able to do "as much as they wanted because of the virus, not yet anyway" . Yeah, sucks.

KhanJr

Sep 15, 2017
I know Abbey's only shown interest in girls so far, but the latest comic story has me hoping some fun time with her makes it into the game.

vonstroem

Dec 27, 2017
So there's going to be another delay, because they want to implement a new feature (an indicator for new dialog for the characters), and it's taking longer than expected. No release estimation at this point. JUST

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: YaBoy and lnppo

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
That's a weird thing to take longer than expected unless their expectation for it was 20 minutes.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Unless Ren'Py is some weird monstrosity of coding, which I know it's not, then this taking a lot of time makes no sense. Each character would pull from a database of things to say, all it would take is proper tagging of dialogue based on the events you've seen, creating an icon to indicate that a character has new dialogue, and then using a simple series if "if "x event has happened do this dialogue and this icon on this character", if else "do not." It's not quite as simple as that, but it's not something that should cause a major delay. A programmer worth their salt could whip something like this together for the small number of characters, events, and dialogues in the game within a day. If the programmer working on this game can't do that without much trouble then they should be fired due to incompetence and if they can't find the time for it they should be replaced.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
The game takes a massive backseat to the somewhat repetitive, increasingly dull comic series that they already basically ended once and its associated merch because it's more easily marketable even though the game could get them a loooot of money on patreon with the right approach to its fetishes. But stickers? Who the fuck wants stickers of anything related to Switch? That's a weird, weird flex.

Reactions: Count_Chocula

vonstroem

Dec 27, 2017
Considering how much SS makes, concentrating on the game makes good sense, especially since Rein's drawing and writing is arguably better, and apparently the other dude CAN now spend more time helping him. Stickers are going to have new, probably exclusive to them, art, but it's probably going to be mostly SFW...

4.20 star(s) 43 Votes