Swag&Bacon

Jun 2, 2020
Anime is so simplistic, yet the dev couldn't create the faces how they are actually portrait in the games. Absolute cringe.

GH20

Feb 21, 2020
Well... i don`t like to rush you on these things, but when is the Public version gonna be released?

Last time it took a week to be released after the Patreon release, so i expect it to release today honestly.

I understand that the early exclusivity is one of the few patreon promises you can offer right now, but i think you should consider giving a potential date or number of days between Patreon and Public releases, so non-patreon followers know when to expect the next public build.

I might be playing the new update of Burgundy Scarlet Law meanwhile, and i recomend everyone on this thread to also give it a try, if they liked Three Houses or just want to keep supporting you.

Last edited:

JYPGames

Game Developer
Sep 1, 2020
Well... i don`t like to rush you on these things, but when is the Public version gonna be released?

Last time it took a week to be released after the Patreon release, so i expect it to release today honestly.

I understand that the early exclusivity is one of the few patreon promises you can offer right now, but i think you should consider giving a potential date or number of days between Patreon and Public releases, so non-patreon followers know when to expect the next public build.

I might be playing the new update of Burgundy Scarlet Law meanwhile, and i recomend everyone on this thread to also give it a try, if they liked Three Houses or just want to keep supporting you.
To be honest, I'm not very happy with it and people send me a lot of bad messages. And with the whole Nintendo thing, I don't know what I want to do with Three Houses. I need some more time to think about it. I want the latest version to be a higher quality which I don't feel as though it is right now.

Last edited:

GH20

Feb 21, 2020
To be honest, I'm not very happy with it and people send me a lot of bad messages. And with the whole Nintendo thing, I don't know what I want to do with Three Houses. I need some more time to think about it. I want the latest version to be a higher quality which I don't feel as though it is right now.
So basically, you are losing faith and getting more doubts about the project as a whole, and you also feel the build you released for patreon is not good enough yet? (That`s what i understood at least)

I see, then take your time to think it well, i might keep following your other project meanwhile and hope everything goes fine for you.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Last edited:
Reactions: JYPGames

JYPGames

Game Developer
Sep 1, 2020
Hi guys, so after giving it much thought, I've decided to cut Three Houses. The reason for this is legality.

This project has been going on for a little over a month. I initially wanted to make the interface similar to Scarlet Law and add music, more interaction, etc. However, I don't want to spend so much effort and time on a game that'll eventually just be C&D'd and become another victim of Nintendo's lawyers. I want to be able to look back an entire year and say, "Wow, I really made this?" instead of, "Wow, I spent so much time on this to make it better only to have it taken down after a few months?"

With less effort spent on Three Houses, it will only become a shoddier product. It'd honestly be best that I give this up now. That being said, I still intend on doing regular updates on Scarlet Law. If you enjoyed that game, I would appreciate it if you continued supporting me.

There is currently a 0.1.8 beta. I don't know if it'll ever be finished for a proper release but I doubt it ever will.

Thank you so much for the constant support and I'm sorry again for what has to be done.

TL;DR

There will be no more Three Houses updates

Last edited:

hruutu

Jul 21, 2018
Hi guys, so after think giving it much thought, I've decided to cut Three Houses. The reason for this is legality.

This project has been going on for a little over a month. I initially wanted to make the interface similar to Scarlet Law and add music, more interaction, etc. However, I don't want to spend so much effort and time on a game that'll eventually just be C&D'd and become another victim of Nintendo's lawyers. I want to be able to look back an entire year and say, "Wow, I really made this?" instead of, "Wow, I spent so much time on this to make it better only to have it taken down after a few months?"

With less effort spent on Three Houses, it will only become a shoddier product. It'd honestly be best that I give this up now. That being said, I still intend of doing regular updates on Scarlet Law. If you enjoyed that game, I would appreciate it if you continued supporting me.

There is currently at 0.1.8 beta. I don't know if it'll ever be finished for a proper release but I doubt it ever will.

Thank you so much for the constant support and I'm sorry again for what has to be done.

TL;DR

Fair play,
Probably better to do this sooner rather than later especially with nintendo

sncns

Jan 15, 2020
Hi guys, so after think giving it much thought, I've decided to cut Three Houses. The reason for this is legality.

With less effort spent on Three Houses, it will only become a shoddier product. It'd honestly be best that I give this up now. That being said, I still intend of doing regular updates on Scarlet Law. If you enjoyed that game, I would appreciate it if you continued supporting me.

There is currently at 0.1.8 beta. I don't know if it'll ever be finished for a proper release but I doubt it ever will.

TL;DR

That's a shame, but your position's understandable. Well, best of luck with your other projects!

GH20

Feb 21, 2020

TL;DR

Understandable...

I will still support you on Scarlet Law (Will Review it on 0.1.2), and hope you had more projects in the future, like another parody game about other franchise that doesn`t have this kind of problems.

Oct 7, 2019
I mean...if they take it down, what's stopping you from uploading it on a different account? Just saying, this site deals with parody and outright piracy all the time. Don't let them scare you out of making art. This had a lot of potential.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I mean...if they take it down, what's stopping you from uploading it on a different account? Just saying, this site deals with parody and outright piracy all the time. Don't let them scare you out of making art. This had a lot of potential.
Nintendo have taken fan projects to court for less.

Basic rule to follow when you're an amateur dev, don't fuck with companies that have entire teams of lawyers and billions of dollars behind them.

This isn't bypassing a system like Patreons rules, this is fucking with copyright law which Nintendo takes very seriously and have no problems leaving someone a lifetime of debt to pay off court fee's and fines.

The advice you;re giving them could fuck their life up, don't be silly.

Oct 7, 2019
Nintendo have taken fan projects to court for less.

Basic rule to follow when you're an amateur dev, don't fuck with companies that have entire teams of lawyers and billions of dollars behind them.

This isn't bypassing a system like Patreons rules, this is fucking with copyright law which Nintendo takes very seriously and have no problems leaving someone a lifetime of debt to pay off court fee's and fines.

The advice you;re giving them could fuck their life up, don't be silly.
My point is, how are they going to take a poster on an anonymous forum to court? It's not like they can start a criminal investigation and start tracking IPs or anything, right?

But, yeah, you right. Chance isn't worth it either way.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
My point is, how are they going to take a poster on an anonymous forum to court? It's not like they can start a criminal investigation and start tracking IPs or anything, right?

I'm sure it wouldn't take much for Nintendo Guard Dogs to intimidate Patreon to spill all their secrets. Patreon keeps financial records so they can pay out money collected (and take their cut :sneaky:). If a big company asked them something they would not hesitate to pass along actual info about the dev and even if they resisted a court order could force them to release said information.

Besides if Nintendo cock blocks funding well no money honey :cry: While I enjoy passion projects it takes a lot to keep the lights on etc... Sure they could just release it to a pirate site though if they can't publicly promote it that limits their ability to bring in revenue. While it's easy to forget scenes that go by in minutes can take hours behind the scenes to create and those man hours do add up.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

They don't need to go through this site, Patreon wouldn't protect them nor would Subscribestar.

They did it with another game on here but I can't remember what it's called. It was like a pokemon thing with a female protag and she had scenes with the little creatures.

Anywhoo, Nintendo screwed that dev too.

Reactions: Reij and JYPGames

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
I never got any sense of any anime or game or any nonsense even resembling gaming.

Just change the names and find some folklore tale from your home region to base the 3 houses on:

House Bespoke - the nannies helping abbandoned children during the wars,
House Miskol - the king of thieves during the transition period after WW2, with his minions,
House Burden - the ones said to bare the burden of reconstruction - industrialists come together.

There you have it!
Go game!

Jimbog

Feb 27, 2018
@ JypGames, I quite liked this game but your reasoning for the cancellation seemed well thought and thank you for sharing your thought process with us. Good luck with Scarlet Law and your future projects.

kyurin

Jul 6, 2017
everyone told you you'd be DMCA'd so hard, and here we are :)

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes