4.40 star(s) 71 Votes

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Digging this one so far. Girls are great looking and there's variety between them, but I have no interest in Naomi so hopefully that's not forced. Story has some mystery which already leaves you wanting more. I think some of the relationship dynamics have been strange and unrealistic but it's too early to say too much definitive. I will say the MC is an idiot but that's normal for these games.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Digging this one so far. Girls are great looking and there's variety between them, but I have no interest in Naomi so hopefully that's not forced. Story has some mystery which already leaves you wanting more. I think some of the relationship dynamics have been strange and unrealistic but it's too early to say too much definitive. I will say the MC is an idiot but that's normal for these games.
When isn’t the MC of these games an idiot? So rare really for the MC to not be a high school/college student who does and says idiot things but yet gets all the girls. If that’s the way the world really worked I’d have been swimming in pussy during high school.

At least Red Dust has an intriguing story with a few different mysteries that make us all wonder what’s going to happen next.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Gotta say, it's a fun game. Naomi's character model is.... odd though. It's kinda jarring compared to the others , like you'll be clicking along and then you get something like this. Which means the game is kinda peculiar as you are playing a character who is seemingly fascinated with his ex whilst she's probably the least interesting love interest out of the group.

1618349374641.png

Can't get a handle on the MC though. Like he's written like he SHOULD be an idiot dude bro but at the same time he seems to be universally liked. Not to mention from his interactions it seems like he's sound and good at thinking on his feett so I'm curious how that'll play out.

sdawg1234

Dec 1, 2019
I just hope the MC gets a chance to go off on mira, and Damon in the next chapter
I would like that too but it probably won't happen. It would be good for the MC to just go off after everything he's being forced to go through like trying to solve Damon/Dani, Mira's painting lesson's, Ada's parents, and Penny giving hope about info on his mom and then have your friends shut you out at club. Add in Noemi's return and well let him lash out a bit instead of just acting like everything's ok. Even if they had good intentions I would like to tell them to butt out until they're ready to be truthful.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I would like that too but it probably won't happen. It would be good for the MC to just go off after everything he's being forced to go through like trying to solve Damon/Dani, Mira's painting lesson's, Ada's parents, and Penny giving hope about info on his mom and then have your friends shut you out at club. Add in Noemi's return and well let him lash out a bit instead of just acting like everything's ok. Even if they had good intentions I would like to tell them to butt out until they're ready to be truthful.
It would be so gratifying to be able to reach a point where the character just says, "enough! I am tired of being kept in the dark about everything!" And really goes off.

His break up with Naomi wasn't great and they haven't talked since. Now, SURPRISE, she shows up on Damon's "special" night.
Damon and Mira wanted this whole night to happen and now won't talk to the MC or even allow him near them.
Damon has some secret (we all believe it is that he is gay) and yet he won't talk to his best friend about it.
Mira, the girl who has been in town for 3 weeks, is more in the loop about what is going on with Damon. And you've been trying to help solve her problem even though you've known her for ~a week.
Your mom disappeared, people seem to have some knowledge of why, but no one will tell you anything...Nevermind all the trying to graduate, dealing with Danielle's obsessive behavior, the election, the whole thing with Ada, etc.

I mean, fuck, he has every right to want to get pissed off and tell everyone to fuck themselves and storm out.

Acheron32

Aug 12, 2019
Not the only one.
She seems to be just using the MC to help her get back with Damon (not that it will work). I guess at some stage she will realize that she is in love with the MC, but I'm not interested in sticking around with her to find out.
I don't know if I'm interested in any of the girls at the moment.
I don't like Mira much now with the way her and Damon act in public (like in the club, MC on one side of the table and Damon and Mira snuggled up together on the other) and then with her knowing all of Damon's secrets (including him being in therapy). I wanted to walk out when the bartender said they wanted privacy.
Ada was my favorite until her ex showed up (not sure if she is actually over him or still has feelings)
I not even sure about the supposed best friend Damon. He expects you to solve the Danielle issue and refuses to get involved. He seems to trust Mira more than the MC and can not tell the MC what is going in until he fixes everything.
With the way Damon acts here's hoping we have option to tell him to fuck off as a friend. He knows more about the mother's disappearance than he's letting on.

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
It would be so gratifying to be able to reach a point where the character just says, "enough! I am tired of being kept in the dark about everything!" And really goes off.

His break up with Naomi wasn't great and they haven't talked since. Now, SURPRISE, she shows up on Damon's "special" night.
Damon and Mira wanted this whole night to happen and now won't talk to the MC or even allow him near them.
Damon has some secret (we all believe it is that he is gay) and yet he won't talk to his best friend about it.
Mira, the girl who has been in town for 3 weeks, is more in the loop about what is going on with Damon. And you've been trying to help solve her problem even though you've known her for ~a week.
Your mom disappeared, people seem to have some knowledge of why, but no one will tell you anything...Nevermind all the trying to graduate, dealing with Danielle's obsessive behavior, the election, the whole thing with Ada, etc.

I mean, fuck, he has every right to want to get pissed off and tell everyone to fuck themselves and storm out.
I believe that naomi part of Damon's "not until I fix everything". He's starting with trying to fix the fallout from mcs breakup which came from his state of mind, which was caused by his moms disappearance, which seems like everyone knows about but him and I get the feeling Damon is one of those that know something and maybe its something like mcs mom told damon not to tell mc. That would make him feel like he's responsible for everything thats happened and he wants to fix it, to fix his best friend.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I believe that naomi part of Damon's "not until I fix everything". He's starting with trying to fix the fallout from mcs breakup which came from his state of mind, which was caused by his moms disappearance, which seems like everyone knows about but him and I get the feeling Damon is one of those that know something and maybe its something like mcs mom told damon not to tell mc. That would make him feel like he's responsible for everything thats happened and he wants to fix it, to fix his best friend.
But then why try to shove Mira at him? That’s what I don’t understand about the whole thing. If the MC is supposed to be going for Mira, Damon has talked him up a bunch in the two weeks before they met, then why did Damon bring Naomi back in order to fix things?

It’s a confusing situation and doesn’t feel helpful. If I was trying to move on from a crappy breakup, felt I finally was doing so, and my best friend introduces me to a new girl he is trying to set me up with... The LAST thing I want is for my ex to show up.

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
But then why try to shove Mira at him? That’s what I don’t understand about the whole thing. If the MC is supposed to be going for Mira, Damon has talked him up a bunch in the two weeks before they met, then why did Damon bring Naomi back in order to fix things?

It’s a confusing situation and doesn’t feel helpful. If I was trying to move on from a crappy breakup, felt I finally was doing so, and my best friend introduces me to a new girl he is trying to set me up with... The LAST thing I want is for my ex to show up.
Mc has been stuck in limbo it isnt till damon introduces them that he starts making movement. but is still anchored to what happened with Naomi. He won't move forward till he deals with the past. (The damage is shown in mc's "ex" conversation with ada) Damon wants him to finally be happy again.

Edit: that line Naomi says doesn't seem like she's mad at him, its almost playful. But in the ex conversation mc shows that his actions still sits with him. So maybe if he knows Naomi forgives him, he can forgive himself.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2021
My interpretation is that we aren't supposed to like her.
That is most certainly not the case. I don't know what problem people have w/ Naomi. Some of the earlier facial expressions could use improvement, but that applies to more than one character. Maybe after the original MC folks just need a new target to complain about .

In any case, unlike MC which I'm neutral about, I happen to like Naomi's appearance, so she'll be staying as is.

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
That is most certainly not the case. I don't know what problem people have w/ Naomi. Some of the earlier facial expressions could use improvement, but that applies to more than one character. Maybe after the original MC folks just need a new target to complain about .

In any case, unlike MC which I'm neutral about, I happen to like Naomi's appearance, so she'll be staying as is.
Not complaining or trashing, but I kinda get what some are saying. There is a gap between Naomi and all the other girls. Personally I'm fine with it, but I get it. Granted sometimes she kinda gives a joker from the 90's batman cartoon vibe, especially when she's smiling, which is slightly creepy. But it is what it is. Not every girl is the same and not everyone has the same taste. thats perfectly fine, you could say its more representative of reality in that aspect.

Reactions: Lerd0

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Not complaining or trashing, but I kinda get what some are saying. There is a gap between Naomi and all the other girls. Personally I'm fine with it, but I get it. Granted sometimes she kinda gives a joker from the 90's batman cartoon vibe, especially when she's smiling, which is slightly creepy. But it is what it is. Not every girl is the same and not everyone has the same taste. thats perfectly fine, you could say its more representative of reality in that aspect.
The model for Naomi doesn't detract from how enjoyable the game is but she does have a weird thing going on in some of her scenes

1618406924810.png 1618406950949.png

• Haha
Reactions: Lerd0

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
if it comes to it im not choosing naomi, hopefully she is just there so he can get over it. Its obvious that his mate is gay and i didnt even think that he brought back naomi until i read stuff here. If he is hiding this and hiding something about the mum then i think its kind of fucked up tbh... looks like danielle is going to get fucked real soon lol

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
if it comes to it im not choosing naomi, hopefully she is just there so he can get over it. Its obvious that his mate is gay and i didnt even think that he brought back naomi until i read stuff here. If he is hiding this and hiding something about the mum then i think its kind of fucked up tbh... looks like danielle is going to get fucked real soon lol
The fact you've got the option of being nice to Naomi in the flashbacks and simply her taking up scene time suggests she's there for more than to get over. Especially given it seems the MC is somewhat guilty over having pushed her away. If she was just there to explain what happened to the MC before the game began then the flashbacks would be more linear

Reactions: SpyderArachnid

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
The fact you've got the option of being nice to Naomi in the flashbacks and simply her taking up scene time suggests she's there for more than to get over. Especially given it seems the MC is somewhat guilty over having pushed her away. If she was just there to explain what happened to the MC before the game began then the flashbacks would be more linear
She is important to his backstory, to me i dont think just because you see a lot of her from the past that it means she has to be involved in your future. It can be something that makes him evolve and get past, he cant move on because he feels guilty about that. I don't expect her to just come back for that bit then they move on 5 minutes later but i dont think it should be set in stone that they have to just make up and stay together either.

4.40 star(s) 71 Votes