4.40 star(s) 71 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Finished the update and I'm feeling really mixed about it.

Here we go...The MC needs to take control of his life, take action instead of having everyone around him make decisions which results in him only reacting. The worst part is that the MC often doesn't react in a way that the player may want him to react. An example is how the MC reacts to Damon and Mira conspiring to bring Naomi back to see the MC. Even if the MC gets upset with Damon he quickly moves on and is once again best bros with him. Nevermind the fact that Damon went behind his back, invited his ex-girlfriend back, and made a mess of the MC and his relationships. The relationship breakdown:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All I see with every character is a bunch of complications and very little reason for the MC to want to be with them. He barely knows most of them (Ada, Mira, Rose, Lexa, Vivienne) and the ones he does know are his friend's ex or his teacher. Not counting Naomi because I don't think she wants him back.

TL;DR my MC is going to fuck his teacher so many times and ignore everyone else. I hope he is able to move on from all the people who make decisions for him instead of with him.

Overall, a well done update that gives the player too little in terms of decisions that impact the story but has a lot going on otherwise. Looking forward to the next installment with a bunch of trepidation.
Ada was my main until all the stuff with the ex started, lost all interest after that. Had to restart and pick another....

Went with Mira but she's really clingy and it started weirding me out a bit so restarted and went for the teacher....

Turns out she knew more than she was willing to say and I don't trust her so lets see what happens with the ex....

Okay, maybe not....

Story is good so i'll play it for that but as it stands I don't know if i'll be going for any of the LI's.

Although I will admit the whole Ada thing is a new way of stopping a romance. Never seen potential LI obsess over an ex like that before.

This is the weirdest game i've ever played when it comes to love interests. Even in the most drama filled games the girls at least have an interest in the MC and you pck one to pursue and build up. Here it's like they are doing their best to put you off. Some of them are interested in other people, some are insane, some just aren't interested at all....

It's weird as fuck.

Normally i've found it strange when you've said you wouldn't mind your MC ending the game single but happy but the only ending i'm seeing for my MC in this game is single so far.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
More people should learn from this example and know what they like or don't like (y).
well
i know how much drama and always yes-saying mc i can take ;)
its like the"A Man for all" game
same mc behavior
maybe take a look there and get some hints for your game ,
so it dont go down - i think VenusWalz has a hard time with it

again - gl with your game

MrJay

Apr 21, 2017
God, I will never understand why people try to make games like this force you to only choose one girl. It just means I have to juggle a dumb amount of save files to get all content. It doesn't actually change anything, it literally just makes the game a horrid bookkeeping experience to play. There doesn't exist a single coherent reason to just allow players to have all the content in a single save file. People who want to be exclusive could still do that if they wanted. I'm confident the game would be miles easier to make, as well, if creators didn't have to include all these moments where you have to choose. It's just such a waste of potential.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Ada was my main until all the stuff with the ex started, lost all interest after that. Had to restart and pick another....

Went with Mira but she's really clingy and it started weirding me out a bit so restarted and went for the teacher....

Turns out she knew more than she was willing to say and I don't trust her so lets see what happens with the ex....

Okay, maybe not....

Story is good so i'll play it for that but as it stands I don't know if i'll be going for any of the LI's.

Although I will admit the whole Ada thing is a new way of stopping a romance. Never seen potential LI obsess over an ex like that before.

This is the weirdest game i've ever played when it comes to love interests. Even in the most drama filled games the girls at least have an interest in the MC and you pck one to pursue and build up. Here it's like they are doing their best to put you off. Some of them are interested in other people, some are insane, some just aren't interested at all....

It's weird as fuck.

Normally i've found it strange when you've said you wouldn't mind your MC ending the game single but happy but the only ending i'm seeing for my MC in this game is single so far.
Woohoo! Ava agrees with my monastic MC theory for this game!

Most of the time I do it just to see if the story stands up on its own. But this time I just don't know where to go for a Love Interest, everyone is making decisions for the MC and actively keeping secrets.

At the end of this update it feels like the entire crowd knows that Damon is gay but not the MC (if he is gay). My most outlandish theory is that the MC is going to end up with Damon at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grelk

lol
Donor
Sep 11, 2018
nope nope nope

not my type of game
the mc is a gimp
and as far i can see - a yes-sayer just in different ways like: yes -- no, but yes -- i wont ,but yes
in the first 30 min(of my gameplay) he got :

setup with a girl ,
forced to a "date"
forced to lie to crazy bi... for his "bro"
and im sure those teacher is after him too ...

i smell a lot of drama , blackmail and setups ...

MrFriendly
soo i checked the "choices impact" --90% do nothing
like here

View attachment 1228423

anyways - gl with the game Red Dust
What's that addon? Seems very useful

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Okay, that's enough. It's one thing to trash my game. But I won't tolerate insults to fellow developers, especially ones I like.

So here's what I'd like you to do: cry me a river, build a bridge, and jump off it. In other words, GTFO.
you got me wrong here .. completely

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
well
i know how much drama and always yes-saying mc i can take ;)
its like the"A Man for all" game
same mc behavior
maybe take a look there and get some hints for your game ,
so it dont go down - i think VenusWalz has a hard time with it

again - gl with your game
Wut?

The MC in that game isn't following women around because he wants to fuck them, he's doing it for his class to study them then write about them.

The MC's are completely different.

Woohoo! Ava agrees with my monastic MC theory for this game!

View attachment 1228441

Most of the time I do it just to see if the story stands up on its own. But this time I just don't know where to go for a Love Interest, everyone is making decisions for the MC and actively keeping secrets.

At the end of this update it feels like the entire crowd knows that Damon is gay but not the MC (if he is gay). My most outlandish theory is that the MC is going to end up with Damon at the end.
I may change my mind about them as I go along. I'm willing to give Pendragon a chance because she makes 2 great points everytime my MC speaks to her......

Ahem....

Ada is completely off though. Sad because I really liked her but not interested in getting involved in other peoples relationship drama's nor chasing someone still clearly in love with someone else.

And then Naomi coming back. I'm just hoping she won't be a forced LI for the game because of all the girls in the game she is the bottom of my list. Well really, I wouldn't even go after her even if I didn't have a girlfriend :rolleyes:.
She doesn't want to get back with him.

Trying to doesn't end well.

Hardly surprising considering how shitty the MC was with her.

Last edited:

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Wut?

The MC in that game isn't following women around because he wants to fuck them, he's doing it for his class to study them then write about them.

The MC's are completely different.
well
the mc agrees to anything too there , says yes in 3 diffent ways
thats what i was pointing too

but i stop here ;)
the dev think i want to trash his game :confused:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
well
the mc agrees to anything too there , says yes in 3 diffent ways
thats what i was pointing too
Well, yes because he's studying how they behave so he can write his paper on them.

Be a bit weird if he said no because then he'd have nothing to write about and fail his course.

The whole point to it was to follow them around, watch what they do and write about it.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I may change my mind about them as I go along. I'm willing to give Pendragon a chance because she makes 2 great points everytime my MC speaks to her......

Ahem....

Ada is completely off though. Sad because I really liked her but not interested in getting involved in other peoples relationship drama's nor chasing someone still clearly in love with someone else.
Yeah, Pendragon is a hard maybe for me. I am willing to have a casual thing but nothing serious. At least until we find out that she's pining for the fjords or has some long lost loved one.

I can't help but be sad about Ada, she was my number one but she is obviously still on her ex's hook. TBH I feel like the MC is every LI's back up option. Except Mira who is way too intense and considering how she is Damon's confidant I wonder how much they compare notes about the MC.

She doesn't want to get back with him.

Trying to doesn't end well.

Hardly surprising considering how shitty the MC was with her.
Yeah, honestly feel like we're going to hear that she's dating someone else (I know some people would consider that NTR but they are wrong).

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
bro im done...i was trying so much to move on from the old gf and this jus destroys that like my choices were not important...i cant even get angry at them cause picking an emotion will only lead to the emotion they want you to pick...the choices that dont matter
You can still move on from the old gf, she only wants to be friends, she doesn't come back wanting to get back together.

Yeah, Pendragon is a hard maybe for me. I am willing to have a casual thing but nothing serious. At least until we find out that she's pining for the fjords or has some long lost loved one.

I can't help but be sad about Ada, she was my number one but she is obviously still on her ex's hook. TBH I feel like the MC is every LI's back up option. Except Mira who is way too intense and considering how she is Damon's confidant I wonder how much they compare notes about the MC.

Yeah, honestly feel like we're going to hear that she's dating someone else (I know some people would consider that NTR but they are wrong).
Yeah, Ada was my main right up to the ex thing then I lost interest.

Even if Ada and MC got together it would feel like a "i'm with you because I can't be with him" thing. Same with Danielle but I never even entertained her, not jumping on a girl that has just been with the guys best friend. That's the very definition of rebound.

I would be perfectly okay with the ex dating someone else, then she can't complain about my guy moving on too fast for chasing his teacher.

Rose is in the same boat as Ada. They both love the same guy and it isn't the MC so would be another second best scenario.

Mira I can't work out. She is a bit too intense and full on but at times she's quite cute so I might have a playthrough of her route.

Ada is a hard pass though. It's weird, I don't care about ntr it's never been something that bothers me but when it comes to romance in relationships and these games I refuse to go after anyone still in love with someone else. I want my guy or girl MC to have a happy ending with someone that loves them equally not someone that settled for them because they couldn't get the one they wanted. That's a sad ending.

Unfortunately it's also nearly half the LI's that are interested in other people.

I'm deff going to follow the game for the story because I need to know what happened with the mother but when it comes to romantic interests i'm struggling. Normally I have a bunch of saves by now with all the different routes I want to see but the route I wanted to see took a nosedive and most of them i'm unsure about. So far i've only got the teacher, kept everyone else in friend bay. Hopefully she doesn't let me down.

Last edited:

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
God, I will never understand why people try to make games like this force you to only choose one girl. It just means I have to juggle a dumb amount of save files to get all content. It doesn't actually change anything, it literally just makes the game a horrid bookkeeping experience to play. There doesn't exist a single coherent reason to just allow players to have all the content in a single save file. People who want to be exclusive could still do that if they wanted. I'm confident the game would be miles easier to make, as well, if creators didn't have to include all these moments where you have to choose. It's just such a waste of potential.
Also I can't take multiple play thrus just to be with a different girl because the majority of consequent play thrus the dialogue will just be the same dialogue over again with a small amount different based on what girl it is.

I actually started learning how RenPy scripting works because I don't want to play multiple play thrus so now I rewrite the scripts so I can do every girls events in one play thru :D. Honestly though sometimes it is a big pain in the ass depending on how complex the game is. I did it for this game which wasn't to bad.

Reactions: MrJay and Grelk

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
For the moment the only woman who interest me really is Penny, all the others don't really seem to know what they want.
She is just asking me to go swimming with her at this moment, i hope it will give me some rest after all that mess.
Let's see if that gorgeous Penny has some love to share !

Woww miss Pandragon!!!! in her swimsuit, my god my heart nearly stopped :love::love::love::love:

Gellidus

Dec 6, 2017
Honestly I kind of like all of them, If I had to pick the one I like the least it would be Danielle (Even then she has her enduring qualities). Maybe I'm just a big softy, regardless well done Dev, this is a quality game.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah, Ada was my main right up to the ex thing then I lost interest.

Even if Ada and MC got together it would feel like a "i'm with you because I can't be with him" thing. Same with Danielle but I never even entertained her, not jumping on a girl that has just been with the guys best friend. That's the very definition of rebound.

I would be perfectly okay with the ex dating someone else, then she can't complain about my guy moving on too fast for chasing his teacher.

Rose is in the same boat as Ada. They both love the same guy and it isn't the MC so would be another second best scenario.

Mira I can't work out. She is a bit too intense and full on but at times she's quite cute so I might have a playthrough of her route.

Ada is a hard pass though. It's weird, I don't care about ntr it's never been something that bothers me but when it comes to romance in relationships and these games I refuse to go after anyone still in love with someone else. I want my guy or girl MC to have a happy ending with someone that loves them equally not someone that settled for them because they couldn't get the one they wanted. That's a sad ending.
Absolutely agree. It's the emotional connection when fucking that matters. Obviously Rose and Ada are emotionally and romantically interested in the ex (Chris? I can't remember) and that kills it for me. The MC is the classic rebound guy, nearly perfect example. Ada is so twisted up about the ex, as is Rose, wish they felt that way about the MC but that's not going to happen. The ex even sacrificed his beloved motorcycle for Ada, what's going to happen when she finds out? I doubt she is going to run to the MC to thank him, no she will go see her ex and they'll have it out (okay, I have no idea but that's what I would write).

At this point I hope that Ada and the ex get back together and live happily ever after, she obviously feels strong emotions for him than she does the MC.

Unfortunately it's also nearly half the LI's that are interested in other people.

I'm deff going to follow the game for the story because I need to know what happened with the mother but when it comes to romantic interests i'm struggling. Normally I have a bunch of saves by now with all the different routes I want to see but the route I wanted to see took a nosedive and most of them i'm unsure about. So far i've only got the teacher, kept everyone else in friend bay. Hopefully she doesn't let me down.
We are in accord :ROFLMAO:

Red Dust has done such a great job of building up this mystery of what happened to the mom. I keep thinking of all the possibilities from murdered to murderer to affair to confidential informant to who knows... It feels limitless. Due to how vague it all has been it feels like it could be anything.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Honestly I kind of like all of them, If I had to pick the one I like the least it would be Danielle (Even then she has her enduring qualities). Maybe I'm just a big softy, regardless well done Dev, this is a quality game.
I'm starting to have a huge crush for Penny, how did i not noticed that woman before, i can't stop looking at her.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Red Dust has done such a great job of building up this mystery of what happened to the mom. I keep thinking of all the possibilities from murdered to murderer to affair to confidential informant to who knows... It feels limitless. Due to how vague it all has been it feels like it could be anything.
Exactly. To up and leave her son she loves so much it must be something huge. Can't wait for that to start unwrapping.

Absolutely agree. It's the emotional connection when fucking that matters. Obviously Rose and Ada are emotionally and romantically interested in the ex (Chris? I can't remember) and that kills it for me. The MC is the classic rebound guy, nearly perfect example. Ada is so twisted up about the ex, as is Rose, wish they felt that way about the MC but that's not going to happen. The ex even sacrificed his beloved motorcycle for Ada, what's going to happen when she finds out? I doubt she is going to run to the MC to thank him, no she will go see her ex and they'll have it out (okay, I have no idea but that's what I would write).

At this point I hope that Ada and the ex get back together and live happily ever after, she obviously feels strong emotions for him than she does the MC.
That's the big problem there now. There is absolutely no way that Ada and MC can get together without it feeling like a rebound. I fully agree, Ada should get back with the ex, it's the only thing that makes sense.

I feel bad for Rose but she's in the same boat as the Mc but on the opposite side. She is chasing a guy clearly in love with his ex. We know it won't work out for Rose so it wouldn't work out for the MC and Ada.

I will admit I don't understand the thought process behind that. I don't think most people would mind an ex being involved it's more the fact she's clearly madly in love with him and still wants to be with him that kills that route. If he was just there with Rose that would be fine but nevermind.

I should get over it but she was my fave until all that. I just don't understand the reason behind making a route that some people would instantly shut down.

que será, será

Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020
Here we go... Of course the one thing I was concerned about, that he's gonna forgive them so quickly, happened. That's actually with most games here, it's like the MCs are not allowed to get angry or sometimes even react when they're getting fucked over by people close to them. Also I have 0 interest in Naomi so this is just annoying.

4.40 star(s) 71 Votes