4.40 star(s) 71 Votes

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Soooo, using her ex boyfriends best friend to try and get back with her ex boyfriend is good hearted in your books?

I swear, some of you guys just see attractive and boobs and ignore everything else.

I've seen some people saying how nice Ada is while she pines over her ex she's still in love with, how awesome Rose is while she uses the Mc as a bit of release to cover for the fact her soon to be husband is still in love with his ex and hurl abuse at Naomi who is the only one in the entire game not guilty of anything and was treated like complete shit by the MC....

It's like some people just look at the pretty pictures and ignore the words.
That's why I said kinda. Every character has character flaws, except maybe Naomi (but she has a flawed face which is worse). Every character in every game is a hopeless cause if we take away all nuance. Danielle is a typical rich girl that usually gets her way, but isn't a mean girls levels of bitch. Thats "good hearted" enough.

As for your idea of playing the game to find the good girl to bring home or something, not everyone cares about that. It's a game. I'm not trying to find the love of my life. I just want to create interesting and hot situations. A character with no flaws who is basically just there to give MC their undivided attention and devotion is boring.

Sep 3, 2020
Soooo, using her ex boyfriends best friend to try and get back with her ex boyfriend is good hearted in your books?

I swear, some of you guys just see attractive and boobs and ignore everything else.

I've seen some people saying how nice Ada is while she pines over her ex she's still in love with, how awesome Rose is while she uses the Mc as a bit of release to cover for the fact her soon to be husband is still in love with his ex and hurl abuse at Naomi who is the only one in the entire game not guilty of anything and was treated like complete shit by the MC....

It's like some people just look at the pretty pictures and ignore the words.
you make some good points all I can say is normally I absolutely hate cheating

and being with Rose I feel conflicted

honestly I don't know what to think

on one hand I hate cheating with her but on the other hand her fiance does not love her and treats Rose like crap and Rose's mother and I use the word likely well you know how I feel about Rose mother I hate that bitch she doesn't even treat Rose like a daughter

cheating is still wrong no matter what that is why im confused

I'm hoping that we can crash the rehearsal dinner

and tell everybody in the room. Rose is mine

and Danielle I fell in love with her in the previous update but I did not like how she used us
and then was like there's the door bitch

van321

Jan 7, 2021
Nice little VN, though playing it while in development seems to be an issue since going off-path even once seems to close off the paths for the LIs, making this a choose one LI kind of game. I was kinda hoping it would be more like Where the Heart Is or Become a Rock Star, where instead of decision trees closing paths, you could still pursue everyone but cheating on certain LIs would lead to dangerous outcomes and ruin those relationships at a later time.

Into Episode 3, I wanted to maintain paths with Mira, Penny, and Rose. Of course, now it looks like I'm committed to Rose, since decision trees came up back-to-back for all my paths. I guess we'll see if I can gain enough points back to at least get Mira back. :(

As for the LIs...

Mira may be a kind of manic pixie dream girl, but she's too damn cute, and there are enough moments of dimensionality. Penny definitely rides the line between motherly cougar and creep, but stays enough on the former side for me to buy her genuinely caring about the MC and not just wanting to get into his pants.

Rose and Ada are interconnected. Technically being with Rose is cheating, but it's easy to tell the love Rose has for Chris is not nearly as strong as the love Ada has for Chris, and that love is reciprocated. Going with Ada just doesn't feel right; it feels like putting MC in the same place Rose is. The natural solution, especially after the heart-to-hearts MC had with Mr. Lee and Ada's boss, is to get Ada and Chris back together and kindle the obvious chemistry the MC has with Rose.

Danielle is obsessed with Damon, so even if she has loving moments, that plus her psycho moments... no thanks. As for Naomi, the MC did her wrong. For his and her sake, they should move on.

Sep 3, 2020
Nice little VN, though playing it while in development seems to be an issue since going off-path even once seems to close off the paths for the LIs, making this a choose one LI kind of game. I was kinda hoping it would be more like Where the Heart Is or Become a Rock Star, where instead of decision trees closing paths, you could still pursue everyone but cheating on certain LIs would lead to dangerous outcomes and ruin those relationships at a later time.

Into Episode 3, I wanted to maintain paths with Mira, Penny, and Rose. Of course, now it looks like I'm committed to Rose, since decision trees came up back-to-back for all my paths. I guess we'll see if I can gain enough points back to at least get Mira back. :(

As for the LIs...

Mira may be a kind of manic pixie dream girl, but she's too damn cute, and there are enough moments of dimensionality. Penny definitely rides the line between motherly cougar and creep, but stays enough on the former side for me to buy her genuinely caring about the MC and not just wanting to get into his pants.

Rose and Ada are interconnected. Technically being with Rose is cheating, but it's easy to tell the love Rose has for Chris is not nearly as strong as the love Ada has for Chris, and that love is reciprocated. Going with Ada just doesn't feel right; it feels like putting MC in the same place Rose is. The natural solution, especially after the heart-to-hearts MC had with Mr. Lee and Ada's boss, is to get Ada and Chris back together and kindle the obvious chemistry the MC has with Rose.

Danielle is obsessed with Damon, so even if she has loving moments, that plus her psycho moments... no thanks. As for Naomi, the MC did her wrong. For his and her sake, they should move on.
preach my brother preach and do not fear Rose will be ours

but we either have to crash the dinner rehearsal or fuck up the wedding

which do we choose what do you think
:unsure:

Reactions: CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019

Something like barging in during the classic "if anyone would oppose this wedding...." yadda yadda ; we scream "Bitch I might be" and then we throw Ada like a javelin right into Chris' arms and be on our merry way with our flower.
The End.

van321

Jan 7, 2021

For me, it has to be fuck up the wedding. I want to be there for my Mira's art exhibition.

Sow increased seeds of doubt in Rose, show her the affection and tender care that Chris is now clearly not. Use Mikaela to set up a surprise meeting between Ada and Chris, and let the sexual tension build to catastrophic levels. Hope that's enough for Chris to call off the wedding as they admit their feelings to each other, but no... there needs to be DRAMA!

:devilish:

Convince Ada that she should live her life by her terms, and that her father will accept it. Admit the conversation with Mr. Lee at dinner to her, and that Chris now works an office job... likely subconsciously to become more respectable for her. Befriend Chris. Tell him you know Ada isn't interested in you, but that you want her to be happy, and that to be so is with him, and tell him you know he proposed to her before. Chris sighs, and being the stand-up guy he is, can't abandon Rose. Plan seems to have failed.

Day of the wedding, convince Ada she has only one more shot to get Chris: tell him her true feelings. MC accompanies Ada to the chapel, and intercepts Chris. Again, Chris holds back tears, but refuses to call off the wedding. But Rose sees from afar that Ada is talking with Chris, meets eyes with the MC, and bursts into tears. She runs off to her bridesmaids, Chris and Ada unaware. Once the ceremony begins, MC sees both bride and groom holding back strong emotions. When comes time to object, MC stands up and runs into the aisle: cue melodramatic homage to The Graduate. MC admits his feelings for Rose, and she bursts into tears. She runs into the aisle, and both run out of the chapel.

Yeah, not really...

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I don't think the dev would force the poor girl to get back with the guy she broke up with because he was treating her like shit.
Yeah, and that's why I chose the remain friends option. The MC burned her already with that silly request to leave that volleyball tournament that was very important to her, then threw a temper tantrum when she did not, pushed her away, treated her like shit and then did not man up to apologise. Which he now did, but Naomi does not deserve to be heartbroken again when my MC goes for Mira and leave her hanging in a doomed long distance relationship.

Last edited:

critter

Jun 9, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'ep2_title_label'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "scripts/ep2/ep2_header.rpyc", line 38, in script
File "E:\# GAME downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.3.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "E:\# GAME downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.3.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Three Rules of Life 0.3.0
Tue Jun 08 06:56:55 2021

Trojaner

Donor
Apr 4, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "scripts/ep2/ep2_header.rpyc", line 38, in script
File "E:\# GAME downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.3.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "E:\# GAME downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.3.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Three Rules of Life 0.3.0
Tue Jun 08 06:56:55 2021
Uninstall the WT-MOD then it works fine.

Sep 3, 2020
For me, it has to be fuck up the wedding. I want to be there for my Mira's art exhibition.

Sow increased seeds of doubt in Rose, show her the affection and tender care that Chris is now clearly not. Use Mikaela to set up a surprise meeting between Ada and Chris, and let the sexual tension build to catastrophic levels. Hope that's enough for Chris to call off the wedding as they admit their feelings to each other, but no... there needs to be DRAMA!

:devilish:

Convince Ada that she should live her life by her terms, and that her father will accept it. Admit the conversation with Mr. Lee at dinner to her, and that Chris now works an office job... likely subconsciously to become more respectable for her. Befriend Chris. Tell him you know Ada isn't interested in you, but that you want her to be happy, and that to be so is with him, and tell him you know he proposed to her before. Chris sighs, and being the stand-up guy he is, can't abandon Rose. Plan seems to have failed.

Day of the wedding, convince Ada she has only one more shot to get Chris: tell him her true feelings. MC accompanies Ada to the chapel, and intercepts Chris. Again, Chris holds back tears, but refuses to call off the wedding. But Rose sees from afar that Ada is talking with Chris, meets eyes with the MC, and bursts into tears. She runs off to her bridesmaids, Chris and Ada unaware. Once the ceremony begins, MC sees both bride and groom holding back strong emotions. When comes time to object, MC stands up and runs into the aisle: cue melodramatic homage to The Graduate. MC admits his feelings for Rose, and she bursts into tears. She runs into the aisle, and both run out of the chapel.

Yeah, not really...
I liked it but I was thinking about kicking open the church door and yelling hands off the woman i love you motherfucker

and you forgot to mention slapping Rose's mother

for how badly she treats Rose

and then we propose to Rose

Sep 3, 2020
Something like barging in during the classic "if anyone would oppose this wedding...." yadda yadda ; we scream "Bitch I might be" and then we throw Ada like a javelin right into Chris' arms and be on our merry way with our flower.
The End.
now that's what the fuck I'm talking about somebody give my boy a motherfucking mic to drop

XCJ

Feb 13, 2021
Signatures for 2 of my favs, might add for other girls in the future

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/06/1254971_TRoL_Rose.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/06/1254980_TRoL_Penny.gif
Very nice sig

Reactions: .N9
Sep 3, 2020
That's why I said kinda. Every character has character flaws, except maybe Naomi (but she has a flawed face which is worse). Every character in every game is a hopeless cause if we take away all nuance. Danielle is a typical rich girl that usually gets her way, but isn't a mean girls levels of bitch. Thats "good hearted" enough.

As for your idea of playing the game to find the good girl to bring home or something, not everyone cares about that. It's a game. I'm not trying to find the love of my life. I just want to create interesting and hot situations. A character with no flaws who is basically just there to give MC their undivided attention and devotion is boring.
Well speaking for myself and my I am looking for the love of my life I'm a romantic
and so far when it comes to Rose I like it and I want to put a ring on it

:p

Last edited:
Reactions: van321

Jonny Skull

Aug 7, 2017
The MC burned her already with that silly request to leave that volleyball tournament that was very important to her, then threw a temper tantrum when she did not, pushed her away, treated her like shit and then did not man up to apologise.
I mean I think it was a bit more complicated than throwing a 'temper tantrum'. The guy's mother had just abandoned the family, had abandoned him, without even saying a word to him. So MC was in a pretty bad place. He even admits he was too afraid to try and talk to Naomi because she might have rejected him as his mother did. I'm not saying he made the best choices but I do think there was a bit more to it than a baby's hissy fit.

Now Ada, man she did Chris wrong. Told him that he wasn't good enough for her. Even caused him to give up the life he was happy with to get an office job in the vain hope of making a woman he wasn't even with anymore happy. She was afraid too like the MC. I don't know if Ada and Chris need to be together now but I do hope where ever the game leads they both end up happy.

Last edited:

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
this is an unofficial android port Three Rules of Life [v0.3.0] APK -

ai...

May 30, 2019
Maybe it's just me, but I was waiting for Damon to tell you that he's gay and in love with the MC. The game kept giving subtle hints that he is possibly gay. With the sign on his locker, his mysterious relationship with the other athlete, the way he gets those protestors to leave, and the way he tells his therapist and Mira everything about the MC. But other than that the game is pretty good so far, I just wish a lot of the paths didn't intersect. For instance so you wouldn't have to ditch picking up Mira to talk to the therapist.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I mean I think it was a bit more complicated than throwing a 'temper tantrum'. The guy's mother had just abandoned the family, had abandoned him, without even saying a word to him. So MC was in a pretty bad place. He even admits he was too afraid to try and talk to Naomi because she might have rejected him as his mother did. I'm not saying he made the best choices but I do think there was a bit more to it than a baby's hissy fit.
Yeah, I think the MC's reaction to his mother's disappearance was justified. Unfortunately he took it out on Naomi and they broke up. She could have come back after the tournament, she could have communicated with him and tried to work on the relationship. Instead because of his ranting she shut him out. Totally his fault for ranting but she could have tried on her part and didn't. Considering how much he hurt her it would be ridiculous for her to take him back. I even think it's ridiculous for them to be friends at all.

Now Ada, man she did Chris wrong. Told him that he wasn't good enough for her. Even caused him to give up the life he was happy with to get an office job in the vain hope of making a woman he wasn't even with anymore happy. She was afraid too like the MC. I don't know if Ada and Chris need to be together now but I do hope where ever the game leads they both end up happy.
Ada and Chris are one good conversation away from getting back together. Once Ada finds out that Chris sacrificed his motorcycle for her there's no way I believe she doesn't go back to him. There is obviously a bunch of feelings waiting for a spark to reignite the love they feel for each other. Rose is right to fear the two of them being together alone. Honestly expect to see Ada and Chris kiss at some point, hurting the MC once again.

Maybe it's just me, but I was waiting for Damon to tell you that he's gay and in love with the MC. The game kept giving subtle hints that he is possibly gay. With the sign on his locker, his mysterious relationship with the other athlete, the way he gets those protestors to leave, and the way he tells his therapist and Mira everything about the MC. But other than that the game is pretty good so far, I just wish a lot of the paths didn't intersect. For instance so you wouldn't have to ditch picking up Mira to talk to the therapist.
I think I've mentioned that before. I really think Damon is gay and has a crush on the MC. But I also think that Lexa is trying to help Damon deal with those feelings. Damon wants his best friend to be happy, he knows that the MC is not gay so there's no chance of that happening. One of those "if not with me then with someone who loves and respects them" situations. Unfortunately Damon has gone about it all wrong - throwing Mira at the MC, forcing the MC to deal with Danielle, unexpectedly inviting Naomi back to talk to the MC. Right now I think the MC needs some time to confront his own emotions and get through school, being in another relationship could destroy any equilibrium the MC may have.

Regardless I want to see what happens next, even if it feels like we never get any explanations for anything.

4.40 star(s) 71 Votes