4.40 star(s) 70 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Here is a wild thought...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Literally laughed out loud at your Chris comment! :D
I say Chris is a good guy despite playing with Rose's heart because he hasn't cheated physically on Rose. Sure, emotionally he may be unavailable which makes me question why he would even propose to Rose in the first place. He's been nothing but chivalrous and kind, with no sign of ill-intentions. To me his only crime is he just is incapable of loving Rose as much if not more than Ada. Maybe they would have been better off as just friends instead of lovers now engaged to be married.

Playing as the MC, I would pull him aside and tell him Ada still loves and wants to be with him. That it's not too late to be with the real woman he loves and to sweep Ada off her feet and elope with her....

...meanwhile, this leaves Rose for us to be that shoulder to cry on and be her one and only true love who will give her the love and devotion she could never get from Chris. :devilish::love:

I may be naïve here for thinking about trusting Rose and giving her my heart, but as a hopeless romantic, I choose to believe Rose's indiscretion was borne out of her desperation being with the wrong man, in a hopeless situation with no one willing to help her figure things out. Once she is paired together with her true soul-mate, there will never be a need to worry or fear from future infidelity from the MC or Rose. In fact, the best news possible would be an ending where Rose finds out she's pregnant with the MC's baby and in their happiness they elope/get married and are excited at the prospect of starting their family. The MC vows to be the kind of loving father his own distant father never was.

On a side note, I am genuinely at a loss trying to understand under what justification the MC's mother had for straight up walking out on her family. All we know is it most likely has something to do with a former/current at the time patient, but it would be way to obvious or on the nose to assume she got too close and there was some kind of infidelity. Maybe she had some kind of shady, dark secret of her own she was afraid would be exposed and felt it would better for her heartbroken son to forget her and move on with his life over ANYTHING she may have done in her past like murder/manslaughter. Tragically not only did she destroy her own family, but indirectly caused the implosion of the only other relationship with a woman the MC had at the time, essentially destroying his whole support system, who knows what would have happened if Damon and by extension Danielle weren't around and in the MC's life.
Shit, man... Rose is a grown ass woman not a teenager. She shouldn't be constantly trying to get her mom to give her some attention. Doesn't Rose have ANY other friends she can go talk to about her life? If her mom is obviously so damn busy then Rose should be looking to communicate her dissatisfaction regarding Chris with someone else, someone she actually knows... She shouldn't go fuck some rando because "waah! mommy and Chris aren't paying attention to me!" LOL, Rose is a cop, most police forces have a minimum age and/or other requirement that has to be met (I have NO idea how she passed the psych evaluation), how is she unable to process her shit without fucking some new guy she barely knows? Or is the MC one of many random new guys she's fucked while trying to handle the fact that Chris is torn between two different women?

Rose is a lying, cheating piece of hot garbage with a pretty face and a gun. A really dangerous combination that could end horribly for quite a few people. If Red Dust has the guts and wants to ramp up the drama he could easily have Rose go to a very dark place...
I love your grounded, realistic and completely logical and fair assessment of Rose, despite it getting in the way of my preferred narrative of an unlucky in love damsel in distress waiting for her knight in shining armor to come save her, lol. ;)

Taking all that into consideration, I still would like to date her once she does the right thing and calls off the wedding. If she can prove that ugly part of her was an aberration and not reflective of the true person she really is, I can live with giving her a second chance to prove she is someone who is flawed, made an impulsive decision she now regrets and legitimately wants a do-over with someone willing to accept her and give her that second chance.

Sure you can say once a cheater, always a cheater, and maybe in a lot of cases that's true, but unless she's had a previous track record for being unfaithful, there's no reason to assume this one time would automatically paint her with the Scarlett Letter from here on out as someone to avoid. Furthermore, I would offer up I've made my share of very poor decisions in my life, in some ways more serious than infidelity. Granted I made most of them as a kid/teenager like the time I was caught shoplifting at a department store and nearly arrested. I was lucky I avoided that fate by the sole reason one of my parents was in the store with me and ultimately left with a warning and banned from ever returning....

I can say that definitely was not reflective of the real me, the person my parents raised and it not like I became a thief based on making a seriously poor choice. Sure, Rose is a grown ass woman, and a police detective no less, but she's also human, in a lot of emotional pain and turmoil. Maybe she doesn't have friends or anyone else outside of her mother she feels comfortable opening up to? In any case, you have your completely valid opinion and I have mine, the great thing about the game is we can play out whichever route we want to take per the Dev's vision.(y)
all of you have raised some beautiful and valid points

it is a pleasure to have you guys as brothers

now here is my counter-argument fuck y'all

I'm marrying Rose

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Nice update. I was waiting for one more, but I couldn't wait and played it. Vanessa is my favorite one so far. All girls are great, beautiful, but Vanessa, damn! I like MC and Vanessa's chemistry.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
So, after skimming the thread... this game isn't really a harem-style game where you try and pursue every LI simultaneously as much as it is the type where you should probably gravitate to one girl early on and sort of focus on them?

Not saying that's a bad thing (or that either way is better), just curious before starting a run which is the better way to play to enjoy the story.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
So, after skimming the thread... this game isn't really a harem-style game where you try and pursue every LI simultaneously as much as it is the type where you should probably gravitate to one girl early on and sort of focus on them?

Not saying that's a bad thing (or that either way is better), just curious before starting a run which is the better way to play to enjoy the story.
You might be able to date a couple simultaneously, but the way the story unfolds, its probably better to choosing a girl sooner than later and following her path otherwise there could be negative consequences.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Naomi just looks weird, I know the dev continues to defend the way she looks but I just don't see what appeals about her. Perhaps she's based on someone real? Total speculation of course.
Maybe we're dealing with a Chasing Amy situation, where the entire game is just the dev working through their own issues with a past failed relationship, and Naomi is modeled on "the one that got away".

I hope the mc x Ada possible. During the game w/o the ex and the cheater
At this point this is honestly the only ending I actually want.

Every other relationship has too much toxic baggage IMO.

For all that the game clearly wants to represent Naomi as the ONE TRUE LOVE who we want to devote every second to reclaiming, I am not even remotely feeling it. As other people have pointed out she has one of the least attractive models in the game (which certainly doesn't help), but there's problems beyond that as well. From the flashbacks their relationship seems incredibly shallow - if anything, I get the feeling their relationship was almost more a case of "in love with being in love" scenario, combined with teenage hormones. She wanted one person in her life who wouldn't leave her or want something from her (as she mentions), and he clearly got off on the validation of "always being there for you" (and let's be honest, the sex). They don't really seem to have much in common (she's into sports, he clearly isn't) based on what he clearly seems to remember as important defining moments in their relationship. It's not a deep romance, it's a teen crush. The MC is Romeo angsting over Rosaline until Juliet comes along.

Then add to that the fact that Naomi made absolutely no effort to reconcile or mend bridges herself. Yes, he was angry and lashed out, but her reaction was to give in to her own insecurities and run away without a moment of introspection. Both of them are absolutely guilty for how things ultimately turned out. And the fact that she clearly knew there was something up with his mother yet didn't say a word leaves me very, very cold on her (especially when her unwillingness to talk ultimately contributed to the MC never being able to really meaningfully discuss anything with his mother, or potentially cope with her leaving effectively).

Which makes it kind of annoying when they do finally meet and the MC spends the entire time more or less apologizing over and over again, essentially begging her to take him back. Hey game, if you're going to tell a story where I get to make narrative choices, let ME decide how he reacts in that moment, and if getting closure (and multiple budding relationships with other women) have finally left him ready to try and let go (especially when, you know, the one night he explicitly realizes he didn't have a nightmare about her was the night he slept with Ada - progress!). The only saving grace is that we got to make the choice of "Hey let's try again" or "I'm happy we're friends again" - I friendzoned her hard (and will continue to do so), and as far as I'm concerned, the final scene between them isn't a new beginning, it's just a better ending, and a way for them to both get catharsis before they move on.

To be honest, people knowing things and being blatantly obvious about knowing things but refusing to tell anyone these things, no matter how much that person deserves to know those things, seems to be the root cause of 90% of the problems in this universe. If even a single one of these people had the capacity to actually talk about important things with others, they'd all be a lot better off (and at this point I'm tempted to say that's the entire intended theme of the story - that and not hanging on to past regrets that keep you from moving forward).

Speaking of people knowing things but refusing to talk about them, Penny coming out of nowhere at pretty much the worst possible time to Mrs. Robinson us means I shut her down every chance I get. MC is not ready for that crap on top of all his other issues right now, especially once she effectively attaches herself to the anchor that is our mom issues by bringing her up. The same goes for Lexa, who is prety clearly crossing all sorts of boundaries (and is tied into the much bigger problem of what Damon is up to - more on this later).

Danielle is sympathetic, but also difficult. She does come across like a bit of a bitch crossed with psycho ex-girlfriend, so it's hard to feel bad for her (and her admitting that she used to break up with Damon just to get a reaction out of him doesn't help her case). But at the same time she is blatantly coming out of a relationship where Damon has been taking massive advantage of her, which was in no way fair to her on any level, regardless of his own issues. Ironically, her and MC evolving into an organic and healthy relationship would probably be kind of an ironically appropriate outcome that would benefit them both... but her own attitude, and Damon not being honest with the MC, makes it difficult to do anything other than reject her out of hand (without leaning into things the player knows but the MC does not). I just can't bring myself to be anything other than snippy and dismissive with her.

Speaking of attitude, Rose comes roaring out of the gate angry and offensive and there's no way I want any part of that. Sympathy gets stoked by seeing how upset she is about Chris (and it really is Chris' fault for handling things the way he does), but lashing out at people who aren't actually at fault kind of blunts that a bit. Picking the exasperated option at the studio (and seeing that she was genuinely hurt) did flip me into understanding mode (I followed her out and tried to cheer her up a bit instead of chasing after Mira), but even if that relationship eventually improves, I don't necessarily see it ever going romantic, especially when I wouldn't want to come between her and Chris (regardless of their troubles).

Though on that note, while some people have implied issues between Chris and Ada, I don't really get that vibe at all. Sure, Ada went into the bar meeting assuming he wanted to get back together with her (and seeing things from her perspective contextualizes that interaction that way to the MC), and Rose clearly suspects it's the case (at least emotionally if not physically), but most of the conversation you have with Chris alone kind of comes across like someone who has clearly made his peace with the past and moved on. He doesn't want to be with Ada as much as he just wants her to find her own happiness, because he does still care about her, even if they're not together (which, honestly, is exactly what I kind of want the MC/Naomi relationship to evolve into). And while Ada is definitely conflicted over whether or not she made the right choice (which is why some part of her was hurt when she realized Chris really was with someone else), she did go to that meeting with the express intention of using you to get him to move on (because you're her "boyfriend"). And it's entirely possible for her to care about him and want him to be happy without still being in love with him. Being with you is clearly helping her get over him in the same way being with her might be helping you get over Naomi. Both of you are essentially learning from the mistakes of your pasts to potentially avoid making the same mistakes again. And you're clearly helping her reevaluate aspects of her life in ways she apparently never did when she was with Chris - your own pain gives you far deeper perspective into her issues, which in turn allows you to give her advice to help fix them.

(Though I hope agreeing with Ada on the first night that our age difference was too significant and not having sex didn't completely lock that path forever. Especially considering we eventually did sleep together later.)

Mira's about the only other alternative I even remotely consider, but her own broken bird tendencies are going to become a problem eventually (I basically feel like I'm her Manic Pixie Dream Boy come to magically heal all of her angst and live happily ever after, and that only goes so far before it starts feeling obsessive/co-dependent). And I also feel like it's going to be a major problem if/when it comes out that Damon has deliberately manipulated us together because he sees us both as broken people who need fixing, and he's decided the best possible solution is to stick us together so we can fix each other.

I'm at the point where I'm almost starting to view Damon as the villain of this story, and it's making me wary of where things go from here because I kind of feel like there's never going to be narrative pay-off for that. He's making a huge mess and I'm not sure it's ever going to be completely fixable. He refuses to talk about his personal issues, even to his best friend (understandable to some degree), but those issues are snowballing and compounding problems for other people beyond himself (he's kind of ruining Danielle's life for one, he's clearly hurting Dion, he's jeopardizing his father, and he's creating problems for the MC and potentially losing a LOT of trust when everything comes out). On top of which, he's very much meddling in MC's life without permission or knowledge (forcing the Naomi reunion without asking or telling us, blatantly pushing Mira on us, and the very distinct likelihood that he's going to the therapist to get her advice on how to help US, not himself - which would be incredibly unethical on her part, btw). Yes, from his perspective he's clearly doing it with the best of intentions and for what he sees as good reasons, but it's also extremely disrespectful in a lot of ways, and it has the potential to backfire spectacularly. In a realistic scenario, he almost certainly makes things far worse rather than better, and probably drives a wedge into their BFF relationship that will never heal.

And to touch on what I mentioned twice above, when all that finally comes out there's a very good chance it would poison multiple relationships instantly. Is MC going to be mature enough to be chill when he realizes whatever relationship he has with Mira is entirely because of Damon's obsessive need to fix things? Or is it just going to result in so much resentment and pent-up rage that he winds up lashing out again (especially when Damon's actions help justify the "everyone I love always betrays me mindset" MC's mom, dad, and even Naomi have been slowly building up), hurting Mira, and leaving both of them even more broken than when they started? Especially when a complete lack of trust is going to leave MC wondering just how much Mira knew and when (the club scene is going to count against her here).

I'm just afraid none of that will ever be addressed, and if MC ever figures it out he's just going to be "Oh well, you just wanted to help!" and immediately forgive Damon for everything because they're friends. Which would be an unsatisfying and unrealistically shitty ending. Or you'll have the option to explode on Damon and call him out for all his bullshit, but then the game will treat MC like the bad guy for lashing out again and it'll give you the bad ending where you wind up alone forever because you can't just accept the moral it's trying to force on you.

(I'm also half-expecting mom to come back and offer up a lame reason why she left and have the MC immediately accept her excuse because the game clearly sees that as the only acceptable option, and that's the point where I call bullshit and nope out. Especially because I already have suspicions of why she left, and I do not even remotely consider them a justifiable excuse.)

Last edited:

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
What I meant with Danielle is that the first time we talk there's an option when she asks him to help her that says: "No I won't" as in the MC doesn't help her and he ends up helping anyway. I get it, it's scripted, and that entirely my point. Why give that choice if it means nothing?

P.S. Feels like I have absolute no control on what's going on... besides who to fuck. Even something like dancing, I said NO but I have to go dancing so why the choice?!
Can't say for sure because I have no access to the behind the scenes mechanics or knowledge of how the game is tracking choices, but it's possible that even inconsequential "no choice" choices still have an effect.

To put it another way, Danielle wants you to help her. If you agree you go help her, if you say no she drags you along anyway. But it's possible that agreeing right away is increasing her affection for you in some way that might pay off later (or potentially affect endings).

But even if the game isn't keeping track of those minor choices, it's still influencing how you the player is experiencing the story. Someone who choses to help her is seeing a scenario where they want to help her and go willingly. Someone who says no instead sees a scenario where you're badgered into going along, potentially leaving you even less tolerant of her nonsense later.

For example, when she drags us along to break into Kent's dad's office, I repeatedly said no and got pulled along anyway. Because of that, when the time came to either help her out with dinner with Kent or abandon her to her own mess, I left her to deal with it herself. But if I'd agreed to help her, then I would have felt at least somewhat responsible, and much more inclined to help her by running interference for her at dinner.

In other words, the story may go to the same place regardless of what you pick, but why/how you get there is slightly different depending on which choices you're making. You're changing the context of certain scenes.

Personally, I'm very grateful that I'm able to voice my opinion that Danielle's plan is crazy and I want nothing to do with it even if she forces me to come along anyway, as opposed to the game just assuming I automatically agree the way most pushover doormat MCs do in a lot of other games.

Reactions: kartolas

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Can't say for sure because I have no access to the behind the scenes mechanics or knowledge of how the game is tracking choices, but it's possible that even inconsequential "no choice" choices still have an effect.

To put it another way, Danielle wants you to help her. If you agree you go help her, if you say no she drags you along anyway. But it's possible that agreeing right away is increasing her affection for you in some way that might pay off later (or potentially affect endings).

But even if the game isn't keeping track of those minor choices, it's still influencing how you the player is experiencing the story. Someone who choses to help her is seeing a scenario where they want to help her and go willingly. Someone who says no instead sees a scenario where you're badgered into going along, potentially leaving you even less tolerant of her nonsense later.

For example, when she drags us along to break into Kent's dad's office, I repeatedly said no and got pulled along anyway. Because of that, when the time came to either help her out with dinner with Kent or abandon her to her own mess, I left her to deal with it herself. But if I'd agreed to help her, then I would have felt at least somewhat responsible, and much more inclined to help her by running interference for her at dinner.

In other words, the story may go to the same place regardless of what you pick, but why/how you get there is slightly different depending on which choices you're making. You're changing the context of certain scenes.

Personally, I'm very grateful that I'm able to voice my opinion that Danielle's plan is crazy and I want nothing to do with it even if she forces me to come along anyway, as opposed to the game just assuming I automatically agree the way most pushover doormat MCs do in a lot of other games.
Yes, all true. My point is: the more the MC "acts alone" and does things I would Never do, or even things I don't agree with, the more I'll get annoyed and has those bad choices Mount, I just quit. Some of these stories are strong and stressful. You're playing and thinking at the same time "I would never go along with this" and suddenly the game gives you THE choice and you think "Fuck yeah! I have a choice!" but its only the kind of choice you said OR worse... No thanks.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Yes, all true. My point is: the more the MC "acts alone" and does things I would Never do, or even things I don't agree with, the more I'll get annoyed and has those bad choices Mount, I just quit. Some of these stories are strong and stressful. You're playing and thinking at the same time "I would never go along with this" and suddenly the game gives you THE choice and you think "Fuck yeah! I have a choice!" but its only the kind of choice you said OR worse... No thanks.
Oh, I absolutely agree, and as I mentioned in the prior post I'm both aware of him making decisions in-story that I disagree with, and suspect the outcome might be similarly scripted to force the MC into an ending I don't agree with, or otherwise punish the player for not choosing the path that maps to the dev's own outlook and expectations.

But I also think that that sort of storytelling is kind of unavoidable in any game trying to tell a more complex story, because of the number of separate branches each choice creates. So the key to some extent is to make the individual journey slightly different along the way rather than make every path radically different. Because otherwise the later updates will take about 4 years to finish, if the dev doesn't just quit having been driven insane by the complexity of it all.

Reactions: sava75 and kartolas

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Oh, I absolutely agree, and as I mentioned in the prior post I'm both aware of him making decisions in-story that I disagree with, and suspect the outcome might be similarly scripted to force the MC into an ending I don't agree with, or otherwise punish the player for not choosing the path that maps to the dev's own outlook and expectations.

But I also think that that sort of storytelling is kind of unavoidable in any game trying to tell a more complex story, because of the number of separate branches each choice creates. So the key to some extent is to make the individual journey slightly different along the way rather than make every path radically different. Because otherwise the later updates will take about 4 years to finish, if the dev doesn't just quit having been driven insane by the complexity of it all.
It's too many bad choices in my opinion and believe me this one is not the worst out there.
About the paths and the increasing development time, that's just one reason. For instance, you have a game like ORS where you play with TWO MCs, one of each sex, with probably hundreds of variations or more, and yet the updates are about 3 months in between. It as increased a bit but that's to be expected. Here I think the dev has a story in his mind to tell us so variations aren't his main concern. I RESPECT IT but unfortunately it annoys me too much. I feel like I'm watching an hollywood movie where I have to shut my brain down to avoid going insane before it ends.
Will I try this game after it's finished? Yes, most likely. I just won't be following it's development.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
...we dont need no such previews, we dont need crowds control...

We do need just a simple&actual game update already:WeSmart::BootyTime:

Reactions: xinkala
4.40 star(s) 70 Votes