4.40 star(s) 70 Votes

MrJay

Apr 21, 2017
So what's the deal, is there a way to have all the girls, or at least most, in a single save file or do I need to juggle 6 different save files just to see all the content in the game?

Max1276

Mar 14, 2020
all my saves give me to restart from the start? what the hell happened? :mad:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 313, in run
new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
renpy.load(fn)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 770, in load
log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1815, in rollback
self.load_failed()
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1733, in load_failed
raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Three Rules of Life 0.4.0
Sat Nov 06 17:11:26 2021

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Is it really necessary to leave the patch directory in the 0.4.0 archive? It only contains a patch from 0.1.1 -> 0.2.0 and this requires a total of 1.25gb because it is also included twice (zipped and unzipped).

Actually, the files for ep2 music, images and movies are available three times, because they are in the game directory as well. :LOL:

Last edited:

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
True. He has a young man's haircut but his eyes and smile look like he's in his 40's.
I'm in my forties and I don't look like that.
That's just a bad execution of the face modeling, with the purpose of giving originality to the character, but failing miserably.
Even though it is to applaud the dev, who at least tried to be original. ;)

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
From what I've read the game isn't harem. Can you have a relationship exclusively with the blonde in the second photo? I mean, can you avoid all the sex scenes with the rest of the LIs?
Would it be possible?

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
all my saves give me to restart from the start? what the hell happened? :mad:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
renpy.load(fn)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 313, in run
new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
renpy.load(fn)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 770, in load
log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1815, in rollback
self.load_failed()
File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.4.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1733, in load_failed
raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Three Rules of Life 0.4.0
Sat Nov 06 17:11:26 2021
Spoiler tags yo.

Johnny Bravo.

May 26, 2017
From what I've read the game isn't harem. Can you have a relationship exclusively with the blonde in the second photo? I mean, can you avoid all the sex scenes with the rest of the LIs?
Hmm maybe after the girlfriend flashback scenes I'm sure you can start skipping scenes by picking the wrong choices with other LI's

Reactions: BlasKyau

NoxLaw

Nov 11, 2020
Would it be possible?
I think it is. She is your bestfriends ex girlfriend and at the beginning you're "helping her" to get back with him or something like that if I remember (She won't get back with him btw). Also you can deny all the other Lis except MCs ex girlfriend, there are flashbacks with her and in the present Mc is still hung up on her so you can technically deny her but the MC will still "like" her.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
how did u guys download the file? the download speed is so slow with nopy :/
With Gofile I had at least 2mb / second (16mbit) with a 100mbit line, the others apart from Mega are mega-slow. With AnonFile I had an incredible 50 kb / sec, if you feel like having 12-20 cups of tea while downloading, then this filehost is the right choice.

Damn, I want my Nopy back.

asplly97

Retired
Game Developer
Nov 9, 2018
Is the cheating tag means " Male protagonist is cheating?" or the female can also cheat?

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I think it is. She is your bestfriends ex girlfriend and at the beginning you're "helping her" to get back with him or something like that if I remember (She won't get back with him btw). Also you can deny all the other Lis except MCs ex girlfriend, there are flashbacks with her and in the present Mc is still hung up on her so you can technically deny her but the MC will still "like" her.
Hmm maybe after the girlfriend flashback scenes I'm sure you can start skipping scenes by picking the wrong choices with other LI's
I guess then the MC can have a relationship with her (and sexualy ignore the rest), so I'll try the game.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Thanks for an excellent update. Quite a lot of play. None of my end of chapter nor auto saves would load, but a save I made at the beginning of Chapter 3 saved the day. All the women/girls are desirable, but I think it's either going to be Naomi or Rose for me. Although I liked her appearance much better before she changed her hair color. Still her original color was back for the trailer at the end, so maybe that's moot.

The storyline dealing with issues around the campaign is a little weak, but the writing supporting the women's personalities and their interactions with the MC and each other is very solid. So over all it works pretty well. Looking forward to what comes next.

Last edited:

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Yeah you're right. Tecnicaly you can be with any girl however MC have soft spot for his ex. Like in version 0.4. When she called MC to join her in hopes to setle thing with her foster parents MC is like "sure i'll go" instead of giving a choice like "i have some other things to do" or something. And honestly i would rather prefer to skip all that drama with ex and her foster cause ex simply isn't my thing.

4.40 star(s) 70 Votes