4.40 star(s) 71 Votes

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Do you not realize how freaking rare this game is for having single paths? Why are harem fans always so greedy..
It's like: ''Hey dev, you are doing something different.. I don't like that! Can you please make the game the same as almost every single other game on this website?''

I don't personally hate harem games in general, but I am just so very tired of them, I want to play something different too.
Ok, we are greedy. I won't deny, but there are quite a few harem games that give the option of not going after all the characters, so how is playing it like that any worse than having a game force you to only pick one?
If anything it would be better that way because the player makes the choice and isn't forced one way or the other by the story. If multiple endings are planned anyway...then why not? :unsure:

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
Ok, we are greedy. I won't deny, but there are quite a few harem games that give the option of not going after all the characters, so how is playing it like that any worse than having a game force you to only pick one?
If anything it would be better that way because the player makes the choice and isn't forced one way or the other by the story. If multiple endings are planned anyway...then why not? :unsure:
Because if I am interested in playing a wholesome romance game with a focus on 1 girl, I want it to be meaningful. If she is capable of sharing me with another woman 1) I don't respect her. 2) I don't feel loved enough by her.

It is like having an optional NTR path for every girl in a harem game. You don't want to know that they are capable of fucking someone else, even if it is optional.

Makes sense?

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Because if I am interested in playing a wholesome romance game with a focus on 1 girl, I want it to be meaningful. If she is capable of sharing me with another woman 1) I don't respect her. 2) I don't feel loved enough by her.

It is like having an optional NTR path for every girl in a harem game. You don't want to know that they are capable of fucking someone else, even if it is optional.

Makes sense?
It depends. Not a fan of NTR but the reason why it happens makes all the difference. Like if you push the love interest away or be a douche bag to her. Then in my eyes it's pretty much fair. If it's the MC playing babysitter so she doesnt get harassed or go off by herself and do w/e then it's bullshit.

For MC having multiple partners that is up to interpretation. You say a LI doesn't love MC enough if she allows it. I like to think they aren't jealous or maybe they are but through the MC's actions towards them, are won over anyway despite that.Ofc whether or not the author can adequately depict that well enough to hold up to scrutiny of a real world perspective is another thing entirely. That is part of the "fantasy" however. At least that's what it is for me. I don't like cheap harems and am always appreciative when some effort is put into making the MC earn it.

And by earn it I don't mean fighting off a horde of brainless males who exist in the story just to cuck him.

Last edited:

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
this.gif

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
To chime in on the harem stuff: I don't necessarily need a proper harem, I just can't stand being route locked. Odds are I'm going to like more than one of the love interests but I am just not going to replay your game X amount of times to see content for them all. I'd rather just avoid the game, and 9 times out of 10 that's what I end up doing.

There's definitely some quality games I'm missing out on because of it no doubt, but I can't get passed being forced into a single route with one girl. All personal preference though really. Harem games tend to be admittedly lazy with making the harem element somewhat believable.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
You say a LI doesn't love MC enough if she allows it. I like to think they aren't jealous or maybe they are but through the MC's actions towards them, are won over anyway despite that.
I am looking at it from the perspective of an observer. MC belongs to the streets and his LI is a simp who accepts that. I see that and lose respect for her, she is no longer an attractive individual in my eyes, the romance starts to suck because I don't like the girl I am trying to romance as a person.

To avoid this issue and for an optional harem to be possible I would need an official statement disclaimer from the game written by the dev that states that when the game follows a harem path it is an alternative universe in which the girls are different people who have different personalities than the ones that they have on a solo path. Because otherwise I take the character as a whole in a metagaming sense, everything they do on every path is everything they as a character are capable of doing.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
Odds are I'm going to like more than one of the love interests but I am just not going to replay your game X amount of times to see content for them all. I'd rather just avoid the game, and 9 times out of 10 that's what I end up doing.
We need to add a harem because holding down control button is just way too hard isn't it?

• Angry
Reactions: WastedTalent

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Do you not realize how freaking rare this game is for having single paths? Why are harem fans always so greedy..
It's like: ''Hey dev, you are doing something different.. I don't like that! Can you please make the game the same as almost every single other game on this website?''

I don't personally hate harem games in general, but I am just so very tired of them, I want to play something different too.
What...me greedy? Sure, I guess...I have the "I got to have them all mentality" with my fictional adult stories prefrences, which I prefer to play the harem path. You do know all Harem stories also have the single path choice as well?

And does having more than one relationship path type added to a project trigger you? I guess I can kind of understand your displeasure, as I dislike the so called "chicks with dicks" futra content. I'm just not into seeing or interacting with other dicks...especially when it's with a hot girl that ends up having a huge dick :KEK:, or when a player is hit with unavoidable trans trap content. But to each their own, though it's really nice when a dev adds the choice to avoid or lockout at the start of their project.

Like it or not harem's are a more popular path choice, and some dev's later figure out by limiting their fan base to a single relationship path only, can and will limit their fan base. And most dev's really don't like working for free, thus including more than one type of relationship path, can increase their potential to generate the revenues they need to keep their project going.

Regards.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
And does having more than one relationship path type added to a project trigger you?
Read my comments on the previous page, you will understand.

Like it or not harem's are a more popular path choice, and some dev's later figure out by limiting their fan base to a single relationship path only, can and will limit their fan base. And most dev's really don't like working for free, thus including more than one type of relationship path, can increase their potential to generate the revenues they need to keep their project going.
Yes I get it you are in the majority and you really like pop hits, I just like Chillstep, yes Chillstep producers will never be as popular as Ariane Grande, you can go to their youtube channels and tell them that if they want to make money with their music they need to write some pop songs.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
You do know all Harem stories also have the single path choice as well?
Not all of them. I quit several because of that. Not because of harem itself, but, because in some games, at least one of girls was a lesbian. Not bi, which I can deal with, but, one that the MC will never bang. So, what's the point in having her in the harem?

Reactions: MrBenny

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
We need to add a harem because holding down control button is just way too hard isn't it?
Well not hard, but annoying. At that point I'd just download a full gallery save and not really play the game anyway. Which defeats the whole point of a game that actually has a story since, you know, I'm not actually reading it.

Being a harem and not getting route locked are two different things.

Last edited:

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
. Because otherwise I take the character as a whole in a metagaming sense
...Yea I don't do meta level character analysis because for the story being written, the author is "God". The only thing I look for is logical consistency with how a character is presented and how they act and are developed on a given path.
I do think tt is better if what they do is influenced by the player's decisions through the main character though. So major branches originate from the player and not a pre-existing desire of the character.... For some things.. it works better or worse depending on what it is...idk if you get what I mean.

Humans are capable of doing a lot of things, even if they don't look like it on the surface. If you look at things from a meta level then how do you avoid this fact? I don't think you can, otherwise why would you even look into another path and take that into consideration? Shouldn't who the character is in the version of the story you are on be enough?

At the meta level you have already broken the "mold" the author made for the character so they would be capable of doing anything your imagination comes up with. At that point. no character is who you think they are and what is being shown to you is just one version of who they could be....Wait a sec, we have come full circle haven't we? To me it just doesn't make sense to do this.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
Well not hard, but annoying. At that point I'd just download a full gallery save an not really play the game anyway. Which defeats the whole point of a game that actually has a story since, you know, I'm not actually reading it.

Being a harem and not getting route locked are two different things.
Bruh, gallery is out, download it and enjoy. No need to ruin the solo romances for other people. Alternatively the whole game takes like 2 min to scroll through max, start from the beginning and get to the next girl, press on skip only what you have already read, then you will see each individual story.

• Angry
Reactions: MidnightKing
4.40 star(s) 71 Votes