themanticore

Aug 28, 2019
Okay, I finished this version. Getting the nuns (especially not-Verity-I-forgot-her-name-the-Monday-Tuesday-one) was very grindy. The nun whos name I forgot, she only spawned on Monday for me.
I do like how the Melissa arc went. Very nice. Took some getting used to, but I got it eventually.
Really glad you updated, hope to see more too .

Reactions: BawdyBaron

HalvorLind

May 19, 2018
Yes I agree with earlier posts Taylor(restaurant) is absolutely random if not forum I will never get it, nun's to Patricia only spawned on Mondays. I really counted on getting some threesome witch nuns or some kind mistress sub action witch hypothetical mother superior :wink:

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Okay, I finished this version. Getting the nuns (especially not-Verity-I-forgot-her-name-the-Monday-Tuesday-one) was very grindy. The nun whos name I forgot, she only spawned on Monday for me.
I do like how the Melissa arc went. Very nice. Took some getting used to, but I got it eventually.
Really glad you updated, hope to see more too .
Yes I agree with earlier posts Taylor(restaurant) is absolutely random if not forum I will never get it, nun's to Patricia only spawned on Mondays. I really counted on getting some threesome witch nuns or some kind mistress sub action witch hypothetical mother superior :wink:
Thanks for the feedback! Patricia spawns on Monday and Tuesday, but if you visit on Monday, she wont be there Tuesday. I was trying to balance gameplay with reality: it seems weird to mow the lawn two days in a row, etc.

I'll see what I can do regarding the grind, grinding is definitely not intended.

And stay tuned HalvorLind, your wish may yet come true ;).

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Update: Thunderous Business v0.2.4

Patch Notes:
  • Fixed a bug that prevented progress on the main quest if you knew Melissa's last name before talking to the police. (Thanks MrBlobby2)
  • Fixed a bug with tutoring that hid Dana's comments on your performance. (Thanks James)
  • Fixed a bug allowing the player to reset Melissa's rescue mission. (Thanks DarkDragon)
Saved games from v0.2.0+ will work with this patch.

Thanks to everyone who reported issues!

I know there's been a lot of patching in the past couple of days, but I figure, I have the time and I'd hate for someone to find some time to play a game and be unable to because I'm hoarding bugs for a bigger patch.

Maybe I need a QA team?

Reactions: Henry73au

Fake Count

Jun 4, 2017
BawdyBaron Can we get a list of the girls currently available and their locations? I have 9 so far not including Jesse as I haven't found her shopping and I don't think we can complete her induction.

Are there plans to add the tutored students to the cult? The shopkeeper? Who is next of the future inductees that have pictures already?

Joeker

Aug 5, 2017
BawdyBaron Nice game all in all. I have a general problem with the "stumble over content while exploring" part, though. I don't know if I'm the only one, but for me that mechanic just doesn't work at all if there is nothing there except on highly specific times. If there are no events, no changes in the description at all, I'm going to check a place maybe 3-4 times at max before I decide that there obviously isn't anything to do and never visit again.

So either some changing random events would be nice so people are motivated to visit again (I realize that that's a huge amount of work and is not likely to happen anytime soon), or maybe just a text indicator in the quest log that there's still something to do at a certain place. Doesn't even have to be specific, "maybe visit the graveyard sometimes" would likely be enough for me to check there more thoroughly.

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
BawdyBaron Can we get a list of the girls currently available and their locations? I have 9 so far not including Jesse as I haven't found her shopping and I don't think we can complete her induction.

Are there plans to add the tutored students to the cult? The shopkeeper? Who is next of the future inductees that have pictures already?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And yes, there are plans for the students, the shopkeeper, Zoe (the professor), Ainsley's coworker, the librarian, the realtor, and more. I wouldn't be surprised if the "finished" game has over 100 girls. I honestly wish I had more time to work on the game, because I have lots of big plans and just not enough time to implement them.

As for who is next, I'm not 100% sure. I will certainly be adding a few more Melissa scenes soon. I think it's important that I continue working on Jesse's story too. So we'll see.

BawdyBaron Nice game all in all. I have a general problem with the "stumble over content while exploring" part, though. I don't know if I'm the only one, but for me that mechanic just doesn't work at all if there is nothing there except on highly specific times. If there are no events, no changes in the description at all, I'm going to check a place maybe 3-4 times at max before I decide that there obviously isn't anything to do and never visit again.

So either some changing random events would be nice so people are motivated to visit again (I realize that that's a huge amount of work and is not likely to happen anytime soon), or maybe just a text indicator in the quest log that there's still something to do at a certain place. Doesn't even have to be specific, "maybe visit the graveyard sometimes" would likely be enough for me to check there more thoroughly.
I think everyone else agrees with you on this, myself included. I'm working on a way to make "stumbling upon" people less random and capricious. I have to keep in mind that I, having created this world, know everything about it, so it's a lot easier for me to find things. I'll be working hard in the future to make it less random, less grindy, and more fun.

Thanks for the feedback!

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
Well, I have Niha quest left, and no idea how to trigger that bring my date to the hotel bar...
Here is my save

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Well, I have Niha quest left, and no idea how to trigger that bring my date to the hotel bar...
Here is my save
Everything is good with your save: next Saturday, go to the hotel between 18:00 and 19:00. You will find Ainsley waiting for you.

Instead of going into the restaurant, take her into the bar. Then talk to Nihal about the women in the bar.

Thanks for reaching out to me about this one; the quest log would have told you what to do if you had invited Dana or Julie to the restaurant, but I had missed adding Ainsley. So that bug will be fixed in the next patch thanks to you!

Reactions: Pif paf

THeUnknow1980

Mar 18, 2019
i don't know why what i do wrong. I go to the church then i go inside then Melissa dead. then load the auto save. I try not go to the church then nothing happen the quest still there. I don't know how to finish it.

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
i don't know why what i do wrong. I go to the church then i go inside then Melissa dead. then load the auto save. I try not go to the church then nothing happen the quest still there. I don't know how to finish it.
You're just chasing after them too fast.

When outside of the church, click on "Wait a few minutes" twice. Then "Enter the church". Then, when inside the church, click on "Wait a few minutes" once more, then "Follow them". That should get you there without interrupting the police.

Or you can find another way into the church ;)

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
Everything is good with your save: next Saturday, go to the hotel between 18:00 and 19:00. You will find Ainsley waiting for you.

Instead of going into the restaurant, take her into the bar. Then talk to Nihal about the women in the bar.

Thanks for reaching out to me about this one; the quest log would have told you what to do if you had invited Dana or Julie to the restaurant, but I had missed adding Ainsley. So that bug will be fixed in the next patch thanks to you!
TYVM for the explanation. It worked perfectly!.
But now I have one girl in my bedroom and a knock on my apt door and there is no action button to resolve this- i.e. open door for Elena?

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
TYVM for the explanation. It worked perfectly!.
But now I have one girl in my bedroom and a knock on my apt door and there is no action button to resolve this- i.e. open door for Elena?
Ahh, yeah, visiting the girl in your bedroom and the visit from Elena/Liv are on the same button (just with different triggers). I guess I never expected them to happen at the same time. I'll have that fixed for the next patch.

In the meantime, just spend the night with Ainsley, then be at home at 19:00 the next day. Elena will knock on the door again.

Reactions: Pif paf

cyanspams

Nov 5, 2019
I am stuck at this point in the game.
I just looked everywhere I could think of and no new characters or side-quests encountered.
Can anyone help me please?

Murakami2099

Aug 27, 2018
Too particular. I have spent days wandering around and can't find anything new to interact with. There needs to be more going on. It's no fun wandering around trying to find the exact right sequence to trigger the one thing that is available right now. There needs to be enough going on that with only a minimum of effort you can find something. There are no clues after the waitress. Right now there is one trigger somewhere indeterminate in the story to make more happen and you have no clue what that is, so you are just clicking through the same options over and over hoping something will go.

Last edited:

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
I say that comparing with other html games, this one is very well behaved, so to speak. I hope it will continue in this manner in the future.
Of course, having live forum hinting help is tremendous help :) but right now only the hotel bar events hints were not enough for me.

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
Ahh, yeah, visiting the girl in your bedroom and the visit from Elena/Liv are on the same button (just with different triggers). I guess I never expected them to happen at the same time. I'll have that fixed for the next patch.

In the meantime, just spend the night with Ainsley, then be at home at 19:00 the next day. Elena will knock on the door again.
yep, did just like that, although I simply used earlier save and did not ask any girl to my apt at that time

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Too particular. I have spent gays wandering around and can't find anything new to interact with. There needs to be more going on. It's no fun wandering around trying to find the exact right sequence to trigger the one thing that is available right now. There needs to be enough going on that with only a minimum of effort you can find something. There are no clues after the waitress Right now there is one trigger somewhere indeterminate in the story to make more happen and you have no clue what that is, so you are just clicking through the same options over and over hoping something will go.
Yep, I agree! As I add more content it should fill up with things to do and people to... see. I'm also working on a way to make things less random and - as you said - particular.

Thanks for the feedback!

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Update: Thunderous Business v0.2.5

Patch Notes:
  • Added another way to rescue Melissa.
  • Added images to the intro. (Thanks chaosrevolver).
  • Added Ainsley to the questlog for Sceau Brisé. (Thanks Pif paf ).
  • Removed a conflict related to Elena/Liv showing up at your house when you have a girl over. (Thanks Pif paf ).
  • Fixed a bug where the priest was showing up when he shouldn't.
  • Fixed a bug where you inexplicably knew Elena's name before meeting her.
Saved games from v0.2.0+ will work with this patch.

Thanks to everyone who reported issues!

I've got limited time to work on the game in the next few days, but I have a few plans in the works that I hope you'll enjoy, including new Melissa scenes, some progress with Jesse, and (maybe) a run-in with the law!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Reij
3.80 star(s) 4 Votes