Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Of course.

Edit: Okay, I got a prototype autobattle to work, cutting down on the clicking and especially on missing the aftermath due to too much CTRL. It basically pushes the buttons for you and cuts out any delays, so fights with a lot of tough opponents can still take a bit of time.

I also repurposed right-clicking to close/cancel and added a few hotkeys: 'D' for entering and exiting the lair, 'R' for calling up the 'Recall Locations' menu, and 'W' for Darkwood options. If anyone has more suggestions, I'm all ears.

Edit2: Example screenie. Sleeping is W since it's handy, but I don't really know how to hint at that.

Last edited:

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
So, I just found something bizarre in my own mod, after using the mass mate function, the lair music insist on playing on the map screen !?!

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
That's weird. You haven't changed the lair music, have you? The main map ought to kill everything that's playing and doesn't have 'ambient' somewhere in its path relative to '[install dir]/game'.

How, precisely, are you entering the map screen?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I think the problem is that the 'cells' screen is never closed. Try 'jump lair_cells' instead of 'call lair_cells()'.

Reactions: Ambjorn187

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Okay, I now have a one-click autobattle. There is no feedback, though, so you won't know what hit you, and bugs will be able to hide much better. :cautious: I'm not really sure I want this while the combat system is not 100% finalised.

This is probably going to be all the dev work for the next few weeks.

Edit: Well, I lied and got some more automation done. :sneaky: I think that's all of the requests now?

I also fiddled with Ambjorn187's mating feature, which made for a very solid base. (y) Attached Here is my version. It won't help anyone else since using it with HF3 will probably lead to crashes, but Ambjorn can take a look and adapt whatever he fancies.

Last edited:

Drizzel

Sep 5, 2018
Drizzel said:
my game just died while i was about to pressd on a place travel
Try the attached script. I think I've posted an update before, but it never made it into a proper patch.
havent done it till now cause i hoped it dont happen again but not im kinda stuck cause it hapens every few min

-- where do i place this attachment?

i went to /game/_skript/lair
i deleted the: lair - classes file and placed the new one
but somehow it doesnt make it better.

and somehow i dont get further atm
do i need something to find the fiery and Frozen hatchery and stuff like that? or where do i have to search for them?
and i got the infos about the dwarven halls but i can enter them?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
i went to /game/_skript/lair
i deleted the: lair - classes file and placed the new one
but somehow it doesnt make it better.
Interesting, it should have worked. Try deleting the corresponding .rpyc file.

do i need something to find the fiery and Frozen hatchery and stuff like that? or where do i have to search for them?
No and mountains/sky. The chances are very low, like... ~0.5% low per try. :(

and i got the infos about the dwarven halls but i can enter them?
There are several ways in, but all of them require you to be able to beat at least a full party of dwarves and some extras. Possibly much more, if you're not sneaky enough.

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
I also fiddled with @Ambjorn187's mating feature, which made for a very solid base.
Glad I could help. (y)

As for Drizzel. It looks to me like the problem happens if a girl dies from childbirth while she is in a cage with a minion.
In, lair-classes, find what for you is line 1529.

it says
if room.minion and room.girl.hp > 1:
add a little bit in the middle so it says:
if room.minion and room.girl and room.girl.hp > 1:
As for where to go... you need the right crystals for the frozen and fiery hatchery, you get them from really rare encounters in the sky.

If you got the info about the dwarves from the Smugglers' Isle then their place should be among the known locations. (Recall Locations at the top of the map screen).
If you can actually enter depends on your strength relative to the dwarves, and their front door.

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
Or since the next line (1530) is
if room.girl.hp > 1:

we seem to double-check her hp for no reason, so line 1529 could just be
if room.minion and room.girl:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
we seem to double-check her hp for no reason, so line 1529 could just be
if room.minion and room.girl:
The new script actually has
Code:
if room.minion and room.girl and room.minion.power > room.girl.power:
Which now makes weak minions unable to torture strong captives. :devilish: Something similar is going on with cages and affection increases.

Edit: There will be these guys doing some more fishing for you, including sharks and krakens after an upgrade. No BJs, though. :p

Right now future plans for food are to enable 'stockpiling' and one-click buying of fish and other edible creatures after you've donated all the minions the villages can use, add some whales to the sea, and enable larger dragons to eat more animals at one time. Possibly also an 'eat' option for the villages to go with 'rob' and 'destroy'.

If anyone has ideas or critique for food management, I'm listening. If you have other ideas for a new tribe, that'd also be welcome. I was thinking of a 'flying' village that'd sell griffin and Darkwood creature meat, but flying minions aren't particularly 'villager' types. And something mechanically different would be nice.

Last edited:

Drizzel

Sep 5, 2018
so i downloaded it again and tried it again
i still got another fail 1 min in game
text and save attatched

Try deleting the corresponding .rpyc file
done

It looks to me like the problem happens if a girl dies from childbirth while she is in a cage with a minion
this time i looked it up before ending the day:
i had 0 minions torturing the captives
i had 1 captive in prison with birthcounter of 1
i had 2 captives out of the prison with birthcounter of 1

so this time it shouldnt be the same reason then?

it says
if room.minion and room.girl.hp > 1:
add a little bit in the middle so it says:
if room.minion and room.girl and room.girl.hp > 1:
i havent done that one till now cause im not so familiar with these programms XD
i will try it if you tell me its still the same problem

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
The new script
Drizzel is obviously not using that.
Has that script been published?
Attached is my version.
I noticed 2 or 3 flaws in it.
1. You are assigning bools X_girl_rape but you never read them.
2. You use [first_girl.name] in both the rape and mate report, regardless of what you did to her.
So if you had 1 rape and 1 mate the same girl name would show up twice.
3 maybe. throughout the script the variable current_girl_name is assigned, why, what is it for?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
so this time it shouldnt be the same reason then?
No, the reason is that I forgot your game doesn't yet have a 'bestiary'. :oops: Try the new attachment.

i will try it if you tell me its still the same problem
It's a new one caused by me adding too much new stuff at once. The root of it ought to be the same, though.

Edit:
Has that script been published?
No longer. It's now at the end of this post.

Yeah, my bad. Improved version attached.

throughout the script the variable current_girl_name is assigned, why, what is it for?
To make sure the dialogue name actually matches the speaker's name. Some kind of weird Ren'Py thing.

Edit2:
I couldn't resist and peeked at Drizzel's save. Nice lair! Although your nun population is inappropriately small for it... :sneaky:

Or maybe it's a noble convent, seeing how many of these you have, including Isabella. Marianne also seems to be itching to join. ;)

Otherwise, the scaly guy is looking good if a bit on the small side, with a pretty nice little hoard. You also seem to have taken my advice about lots of snakes, and coincidentally also have a batgirl flapping around as your main tank. :) I assume raiding the city was done via flying?

The only thing that stands out in your shame rating is the amount of captives that have died. Bad births, I guess?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ambjorn187

Drizzel

Sep 5, 2018
Nice lair!

Although your nun population is inappropriately small for it
i havent tried to raid the cathedral till now so all my nuns are from "luck" finding them
and i havent really figured out what girls give what kind of offspring.

i know for sure lizardman are from nobles and at the 2nd egg burghess give kobolds
alves seem to give leafzards and mermaids hatches murlocks.
nuns feel qiet random atm
peasents give cocatrice and on the 2nd egg snakes

gargants come from nuns sometime? if i remember right also korkks
i just cant remember where i got the wywern and the drake egg from.

the scaly guy is looking good if a bit on the small side
i wanted to stay little as long as possible this time to hold infamy as small as possible

and coincidentally also have a batgirl flapping around as your main tank
yeah although the pic mislead me into buying her
i wanted her cause she had wings but i found out later she can only swimm and burrow? like WTF? :ROFLMAO:

I assume raiding the city was done via flying
actually when i go in disguised and reveal myself inside i have my full team with me.
i wonder if thats not supposed to be cause you have so many options to get in? XD
anyway i use it aslong as its possible if thats not supposed to be possible :D

The only thing that stands out in your shame rating is the amount of captives that have died. Bad births, I guess?
do you mean meat grinder there? if so i think there is a bug, also with sloppy jailor
every time s1 escaped or died while laying an egg i loaded my safe till it doesnt happen- yet the number seem to rise
so no girl ever escaped or died while laying an egg in my safe
the only times girls died where on the altar or from trophy taking but not that much as the counter says

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
i havent tried to raid the cathedral till now so all my nuns are from "luck" finding them
Spending 5+1 magic, you can steal pretty much unlimited nuns. You can also steal one for just 5, but that only works once.
I'm thinking of increasing it to 5+32, but allowing repeat violent nun-nappings every year.

and i havent really figured out what girls give what kind of offspring.
That's what the new 'bestiary' system that was crashing is supposed to do, track births for you in the Bestiary. But if you want spoilers most of these can be found in Girl.rpy. Search for '_spawn'.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

i wanted to stay little as long as possible this time to hold infamy as small as possible
Fair enough, although you can safely upgrade to Large. The first size-based penalty to fear/seals comes at Impressive.

yeah although the pic mislead me into buying her
i wanted her cause she had wings but i found out later she can only swimm and burrow? like WTF?
Homunculi have cosmetic appearances. In fact, the Witch shop has a number of potions for sale that do the same thing for all captives, although the result is random and they get no abilities from the 'shapechange'. It's basically so that you can pimp your favourite 'waifus'.

My remark was more aimed at the fact that I also used the same 'batgirl homunculus' when I did the impossible playtest last year.

actually when i go in disguised and reveal myself inside i have my full team with me.
i wonder if thats not supposed to be cause you have so many options to get in?
anyway i use it aslong as its possible if thats not supposed to be possible
Indeed. Fixed. Enjoy it while you can. :)

do you mean meat grinder there? if so i think there is a bug, also with sloppy jailor
I indeed meant Sloppy Jailer. What's the bug with Meat Grinder?

every time s1 escaped or died while laying an egg i loaded my safe till it doesnt happen- yet the number seem to rise
the only times girls died where on the altar or from trophy taking but not that much as the counter says
Escapes don't increase that number right now, they will. Sacrifices count for pride, not shame, since the Dragon does that deliberately. That also goes for just fucking or torturing your captives to death.

I just tried, and Sloppy Jailer seems to work on my end. Can you provide a save where this inflation happens, i.e. I can end turn, the counter goes up, load and it stays? Note that the girls starving, bred or milked to death; eaten or tortured till dead by minions also count for Sloppy Jailer.

Last edited:

Drizzel

Sep 5, 2018
The first size-based penalty to fear/seals comes at Impressive
nice to know-
what kind of penatly are we talking about? or is it written before i start the evolution? (if so, i dont want to know:D)

if i want to start my evolution to large now it says i´ll loose my ability to swim and burrow.
thats why i did not want to grow any further atm

My remark was more aimed at the fact that I also used the same 'batgirl homunculus' when I did the impossible playtest last year.
ah :D

That's what the new 'bestiary' system that was crashing is supposed to do, track births for you in the Bestiary
sounds good
another way to wirte that down would have been, to make a new tap on the girls stat called -offspring-
so you could keep track who gave you what kind of ((or even with name -going more detailed) (minion))egg she gave you
but thats another story i guess

Indeed. Fixed. Enjoy it while you can
so there is a new patch out? where is it? and is there a summary for it?

What's the bug with Meat Grinder?
i thought meat grinder was supposed to be how many captives died. so there is no problem then

I just tried, and Sloppy Jailer seems to work on my end
if

Note that the girls starving, bred or milked to death; eaten or tortured till dead by minions also count for Sloppy Jailer
that counts to sloppy jailor,
everything might be okay

my general understanding of meat grinder was - how many girls died
and i thought sloppy jailor only was for - how many girls escaped

so there was a missunderstanding on my side:ROFLMAO:(y)

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
what kind of penatly are we talking about? or is it written before i start the evolution? (if so, i dont want to know)
No, it's pretty invisible. Once you're past Large, kingdom-wise Fear will never fall below a certain threshold (1 for Impressive). So you can never again have your 'small and harmless' state of no seal loss, there is always at least a tiny chance of encountering cultists, mobilization never goes to 0 on its own, etc. Larger sizes are worse, and Monstrous and Gargantuan are notable jumps.

if i want to start my evolution to large now it says i´ll loose my ability to swim and burrow.
thats why i did not want to grow any further atm
Growing more heads and paws is the way to go, then. Unless you're at risk of getting kicked out of your lair because of this (probably not), you can do the growing afterwards as well.

another way to wirte that down would have been, to make a new tap on the girls stat called -offspring-
so you could keep track who gave you what kind of ((or even with name -going more detailed) (minion))egg she gave you
Adding a reverse bestiary to individual girls is probably a good idea, I'll consider it. What do you mean by 'name -going more detailed'?

so there is a new patch out? where is it? and is there a summary for it?
No. When I said fixed, I meant I fixed it, i.e. the code now exists. There's quite a bit of new code already, and around the start of July I'll try to put another update together. You can see some self-advertising above, what with the Murloc village, hotkeys, auto-mating, etc.

i thought meat grinder was supposed to be how many captives died.
my general understanding of meat grinder was - how many girls died
and i thought sloppy jailor only was for - how many girls escaped
No, Meat Grinder is how many minions (or other allies, although these only exist during endgame right now) you've gotten killed in battle. I may need a better name for it, then... :cautious:

Sloppy Jailer is how many girls have died due to mismanagement. Killing them outright doesn't count. I'll be adding runaways, too.

everything might be okay
Okay. If something else seems odd, let me know.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes