Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
All patches from the topic header are.
Post your 'inventory - classes.rpy' so I can check. The one in HF3 should not have an out-of-scope 'it' problem, only the one in the Nov release.

I have just discovered this mod for myself and am learning to play in it.
That's okay. I was just providing tips in a roundabout way. :sneaky:

There were no thieves or knights in this first game of mine until 60 infamy.
And in the second attempt to play, both the thief and the knight appeared on 10 infamy.
It's random. Knights have an [infamy level]*5% chance to spawn, which is resistant to save-scumming. Thieves don't care about infamy, they come after you depending on how much treasure you have.

Does the wounded dragon lose his appetite?
No, just his ability to sate that appetite. :D

Why is the wounded dragon blocked some of the interactions?
Probably because you're still small. Many options have a minimum required Power, and that goes down when you're wounded. Basically, the dragon is too weak from his wounds to successfully avoid the sheepdog, overpower the berry girl or catch the goosegirl, chase after deer, etc.

And how to open the deal with the witch / smugglers, if the dragon is still without magic?
Grow magic. Medium size automatically grants some, as do certain heads. You need medium size for the Smugglers' Isle quest, anyway.

And thieves and knights are already walking on your carcass
Uh, what? Well, yeah, you do have them after your dragon's scaly ass. Thieves are probably unavoidable, but knights very much aren't and ought to be kept to a minimum.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
New hotfix!

Yeah, this file is not from HF3. I'll check... Edit: Okay, the public HF 3 was missing exactly that change. :oops:

I collected as many intermediate fixes as I could and made HF 3b out of them. Maybe there are some new bugs, but I hope they're small and squashable.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017
It works like that already. Kingdom Fear >= 2*village size (so 2-10) will make them pay tribute or not fight back during robberies. Plus you get some infamy that also raises Kingdom Fear. Scourge of the Plains ought to make you gain enough that if you kill all the mobilization, only towns will continue to resist.

But all of them falling in line fast would make for poor gameplay and break the fluff a little. Medieval communication - especially for peasants or serfs - was positively glacial, and rather unreliable as well.
As a historical anthropologist I can tell you they weren't that slow. In fact, this method of getting cities to surrender was used by the Romans and Atilla the Hun bother of which are before the Medieval even started (c 475 CE). Furthermore news of your attack spread raising your infamy nearly immediately ... but the reason you leveled the village doesn't? Uh how does that work? Never mind this is a medieval world with magic, depending on how common it is and what it does it could change the whole communication dynamic.

Has been proposed and rejected several times due to centering the game on minions (or delegated minions). I'm not 100% opposed to that, but it is way too much work to redesign and rewrite the game to shift the focus from the Dragon to minion management and politicking.
You don't need to go that deep. Just as you remember certain locations you get to remember certian villages. You can only use them periodically (sort of like getting a doll).

So DDM is a game where you play a supreme predator (with some cannon fodder on the side) and not a political manipulator. It's something more unique than the latter as well, IMO. Scheming is common enough in games and fiction. Naked, unapologetic and reasoned malice is not, or at least not without hinting at some form of mental illness or social maladjustment. The Dragon is a loner and does not care about mortal mores, he goes around doing whatever fuck he wants. :p
Unless your game is set in the period of the Roman Empire. Naked, unapologetic and reasoned malice is your thing. Look what happened to Carthage or the Temple. You ticked off Rome enough you paid for it....or they tried t omake you pay.

Remember, the Dragon is an alien creature. He does not think like mortals do. He enjoys the personal touch, the thrill of the hunt and the pleasure of subjugation. The Dark Lady is the big brains of the operation, and she already lost once. So she keeps releasing hatchlings for now, and sees whether any of them might work out. She really doesn't want to get so involved in the politics that the King decides enough is enough and invades Dragonia before she's ready.

DDM is also a game about dragon tropes, and the archetypal dragon does not let henchmen collect the virgins, sheep, cattle or other tribute. He flies out and does the collecting himself. The game just adds some stat checks to the process.
There is alien and then there is stupid alien. Besides you eventually get involved in politics via that whole thing with the Queen. You are effectively the scheming advisor behind a possible civil war/coup da ta.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Updated hotfix to 3c, fixing loot generation.

With the latest fix, any of your jewels can be traded indefinitely.
Are you still using your last save? Then it's a save problem. Cycle item filters once on treasury/shop screens and the pseudo-items will go away. Edit: or try the new hotfix.

As a historical anthropologist I can tell you they weren't that slow. In fact, this method of getting cities to surrender was used by the Romans and Atilla the Hun bother of which are before the Medieval even started (c 475 CE).
These were cities during war - and most likely also campaign season, making movement easier for everyone -, places that produced enormous (well, relatively speaking) amounts of refugees to carry the message, plus their opponents' militaries also helped spread it, willingly or not. The Dragon is very much a local problem in comparison, and one that can hit you at any time, like in the deep of the winter or during spring thaws that make roads practically impassable. Hence it takes time for the message to settle, and it's not nearly as strong as one sent by mass warfare.

Furthermore news of your attack spread raising your infamy nearly immediately ... but the reason you leveled the village doesn't? Uh how does that work?
Gameplay and story segregation, primarily. Infamy also comes in pretty small increments to make the system more abstract from the 'speed of messages' POV.

Also, the people who carry the message are playing a game of telephone, and may not have known the Dragon's reasons in the first place, e.g. when they got out of the house, the Dragon had already been pissed off and killed everyone who was part of the 'negotiations'.

Never mind this is a medieval world with magic, depending on how common it is and what it does it could change the whole communication dynamic.
Non-high magic, which is only somewhat common among the pseudo-elves. And I've deliberately steered clear of commonly usable teleportation, messaging, clairvoyance and mind magic. If you haven't noticed, wizards are rare and the rest of what you see tends to be the 'fireball' variety.

You don't need to go that deep.
Sure. Until the next guy comes along and wants minions to excavate the lair, mine ores, set up hunting camps, steal virgins, preach the Dragon's personal religion, establish new mini-nations in the elven and dwarven ruins, etc. Note that these are all proposals already brought up at some point. So my answer for the time being is "minions can't have agency". :p

Just as you remember certain locations you get to remember certian villages.
There are probably thousands and thousands of very similar villages. I'm not really sure the dragon could remember some of them even if he wanted to. And it would probably only work for a while, until the locals either run away or get the King to set up a really bad ambush, with the Archmage and all.

But that's only the fluffy excuse. The design reason is that having a personal 'tribute bank' would break the core gameplay loop for villages. So I'd have to set up the above things, implementing a village database and a system where consecutive tributes get lesser and lesser, and there's a possibility of getting ganked by the King. Then I might have to extend that system to other places in the game, like the remembered locations. And after all that, we'd end up with a lot of work having gone into what are essentially sub-par choices compared to just searching for a new village. I find that I can spend my time more productively elsewhere.

Unless your game is set in the period of the Roman Empire. Naked, unapologetic and reasoned malice is your thing. Look what happened to Carthage or the Temple. You ticked off Rome enough you paid for it....or they tried t omake you pay.
The Romans justified that as 'necessary to suppress rebellions/the next war/whatever', and Cato had to go through his PR campaign to get the Carthaginian train rolling. And you had to get them 'ticked off' in the first place. They very much didn't wake up one morning, sail or march to a random city, raze it and salt the ground.

And all parties did not attack their own unless things had gone truly pear-shaped. The dragon is entirely capable of waking up one morning and eating his favourite 'waifu' for an appetizer, then getting a new one. Or squashing a goblin underfoot, just for fun.

There is alien and then there is stupid alien. Besides you eventually get involved in politics via that whole thing with the Queen.
Stupid from your POV is not automatically stupid from another's. An anthropologist ought to know that, this is pretty much the cornerstone of the discipline.

It's not necessarily stupid, either. The dragon is automatically an 'enemy of the state' (if there was a state), and while people can collaborate with him, they always do so under the assumption that they might very well get eaten if they don't. Any (political or not) agreements will need enforcement via naked force or be unquestionably in the interests of the other party, unlike the vast majority of human-to-human deals. And, as I said, the premise of the mod is that the dragon is basically running a one-man guerilla op, preparing for conquest without having to rely on questionable mortal allies.

And the queen thing is the lizard questing like any old adventurer. His actions having political consequences doesn't mean he wanted them, or even cared about them.

You are effectively the scheming advisor behind a possible civil war/coup da ta.
No, the dragon merely takes advantage of an offer, going "Okay, fine, do that if you wish. Here's some gold to get you started." That's where his involvement ends. The civil war is entirely caused and run by parties internal to the Kingdom, because Zoltan is heading that way anyway.

It's not even certain the civil war contributes to his eventual goal, since it's premature and thus the King just crushes the rebels. The net result is some extra poverty, and the Dragon ultimately wants to conquer and completely subjugate the Kingdom, not just loot it. It would be a different matter during an all-out war, but that isn't happening yet.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017
Non-high magic, which is only somewhat common among the pseudo-elves. And I've deliberately steered clear of commonly usable teleportation, messaging, clairvoyance and mind magic. If you haven't noticed, wizards are rare and the rest of what you see tends to be the 'fireball' variety.
I guess it is my exposure to GURPS Magic and GURPS Fantasy that gives me a much broader view of how magic can change things even if it isn't flashy magic. Create Food for example would be a major game changer. Copy is another one. Bless Plants (doubles crop yields) and Plant Growth (accelerates germination) would be king in any setting where they were common.

Nov 9, 2017
You get no argument from me there. Even D&D Wizards have a reputation as bullshit problem solvers.
Well at later levels yes but at early levels, ugh. AD&D1 1st level Magic-Users had two names - target and corpse. Yes your "mighty" mage can die to a common house cat. :)

That was another reason I loved the GURPS magic system - what it lacked in nuke the country side it make up in force the wizard to think tactically.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yes, 1st level Wizards are often unfavourably compared to kittens. But they still make detective work and other behind-the-scenes manipulation way easier. Never mind when they level up a bit and pure thief classes will go "Huh? What did you need me for, again?", or when you hit the teen levels and everyone else can just suck it unless it's heavy combat or they're some kind of caster themselves. Mind you, this stuff is a bit edition-dependent and probably most evident in 3.x and PF.

camistrie

Mar 6, 2019
Does anyone have a list of changes made in the hotfix (speficially HF3c) since the Nov 2020 version? Is there another "full" release coming soon?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Does anyone have a list of changes made in the hotfix (speficially HF3c) since the Nov 2020 version?
At a glance vs HF3:
  • A big-ass help file updated to the WIP version.
  • No more 'death via seeing dragon penis'.
  • Secondary elements work in battle.
  • Russian coin bug.
  • Slightly improved internal inventory management.
  • Weaker knights/thieves don't count for 'Gypsy Dragon'.
  • Elite guards stronger vs thief.
  • Magical traps aren't discount tentacle traps anymore.
  • Weak minions can't torture strong captives.
  • 3x slower healing.
  • Bestiary records mother's 'race'.
  • More immersive wording on the 'expenses' sheet.
  • Thieves can die before reaching the lair when their equipment is cursed.
  • Army of Darkness starts out normal, not weakened to all hell.
  • Milking shame allows for learning magic and a few extra sessions.
  • Some other bugfixes.
For HF3, it's a slightly longer list, like having secondary elements, slutty knights/thieves, a few extra pride categories, hunting for patrols, some minor new encounters and more. The code changes are bigger than a player-oriented feature list, so I'm not going to spell them all out.

In general, both hotfixes are still fundamentally the same thing as the Nov release when compared to the Sep version or the WIP one.

Is there another "full" release coming soon?
Maybe? My motivation is kinda low ATM, generally due to lack of feedback but also a heat wave and the next tasks on my list looking kinda tedious.

Last edited:

Red Capcha

Jun 15, 2019
It's amazing, you managed to almost completely destroy the Russian translation. I am not very happy about this.

Aug 18, 2020
Personally I've found the game to be a real drag, something I had kinda forgotten about in the intervening time since I had played this before. Personally I've modded satiety requirements and loss for evolution to 5 per instead of 10, but that just raised another issue: there's not much to do in the opening areas. I took the highest starting size and normal difficulty having played the game before and all, and even with gobbos providing around 6 extra damage and 80 more HP I can't even beat up a Ogre or a patrol of 2 Footmen. I can take down a single Footie with a full squad, but then it's the same reward as the Huntsman/Jaeger dude or whatevs he was called last time, with many losses. Which is perfectly fine in theory, it is a Footman after all, but I've just ended up save scumming if I get that guy. The rare events of Castle and Palace are likewise impossible to defeat, which is fine but also not fine. It's neat to have them and be a goal to reach, but it ain't exactly fulfilling a power fantasy that I expect from a dragon game. Your explanation that it is not yet applicable to openly defy the Kingdoms is valid, but it doesn't really meld well with the "supreme predator" part of the game.

Basically the only goal you have early game is to beat up dogs and mobs to get sheep and pigs. Anything else is a waste, especially in such an unforgiving game. You need satiety to get to the next evolution, and to survive. Battlefeasts are a joke, they are neat and flavorful, cool to have as a bonus, but you can't live on those alone. If you play with big starting dragon, you can reliably take down the bull/mob/dog to get enough satiety to do maybe one other thing. The only other thing to do is eat a Poor Pedlar to fuel your endless armies of goblins, maybe try and get a gal to take to your lair. Not that getting a gal is wise unless you take the big start and also a blue head to get the Underwater Grotto.

Head starting choice is quite uninformative, blue has unique starting options and probably the best start if you take largest start size IMO but Gold/Bronze/Shadow having an easier start is misleading. One extra mana is definitely big, enough to make a Hatchery and all. But then you get other problems, even with a lair chock full of captives in an Underwater Grotto I only need a single hatchery. And the minions you get from the eggs are not at all worth it for combat compared to a squad of goblins with dragon at the rear. And unless you have Grotto, you have even less of a need of a second hatchery.

I'm quite disorganized right now, but I'll try to keep notes and make a list of things I would change if you want the game to be more appealing to people like me. Also, just want to say it's impressive what you've managed to mod and how long you have stuck with it.

Red Capcha

Jun 15, 2019
С первого взгляда против HF3:
  • Большой файл справки, обновленный до версии WIP.
  • Больше никакой "смерти от созерцания пениса дракона".
  • Второстепенные элементы работают в бою.
  • Русский монетный жук.
  • Несколько улучшено внутреннее управление запасами.
  • Более слабые рыцари/воры не считаются с "Цыганским драконом".
  • Элитные охранники сильнее вора.
  • Магические ловушки больше не являются скидочными ловушками для щупалец.
  • Слабые миньоны не могут пытать сильных пленников.
  • заживление в 3 раза медленнее.
  • Бестиарий записывает "расу"матери.
  • Более захватывающая формулировка в листе "расходы".
  • Воры могут умереть, не добравшись до логова, если их снаряжение проклято.
  • Армия Тьмы начинается нормально, не ослаблена до чертиков.
  • Доение стыда позволяет изучать магию и несколько дополнительных сеансов.
  • Некоторые другие исправления.
Для HF3 это немного более длинный список, например, наличие вторичных элементов, распутных рыцарей/воров, несколько дополнительных категорий гордости, охота на патрули, некоторые незначительные новые встречи и многое другое. Изменения в коде больше, чем список функций, ориентированных на игрока, поэтому я не буду перечислять их все.

В общем, оба исправления по-прежнему принципиально то же самое, что и выпуск Nov по сравнению с версией Sep или WIP.

Может быть? Моя мотивация довольно низкая, как правило, из-за отсутствия обратной связи, но также и из-за жары, и следующие задачи в моем списке выглядят довольно утомительными.
You have a strange error in the Girl.rpy file. There are extra, irrelevant lines 308 and 309. And please do something about the prologue. It is all in English, although judging by the files it should be in Russian. And the fact that weak henchmen can't torture strong prisoners is complete idiocy, they are immobilized. -_-

Red Capcha

Jun 15, 2019
Лично я обнаружил, что игра была настоящей обузой, что-то, о чем я как-то забыл за время, прошедшее с тех пор, как я играл в это раньше. Лично я модулировал требования к сытости и потери для эволюции до 5 за вместо 10, но это просто подняло другую проблему: в открытых областях не так много нужно делать. Я взял самый высокий стартовый размер и нормальную сложность, сыграв в игру раньше и все, и даже с гоббсами, обеспечивающими около 6 дополнительных повреждений и 80 больше HP, я не могу даже побить Огра или патруль из 2 лакеев. Я могу сбить одного Футика с полным отрядом, но тогда это та же награда, что и у Охотника/Егеря или как его там называли в прошлый раз, с большими потерями. Что в теории совершенно нормально, в конце концов, это Лакей, но я только что закончил тем, что спасаю подонков, если получу этого парня. Редкие события Замка и Дворца также невозможно победить, что прекрасно, но и не прекрасно. Это здорово-иметь их и быть целью для достижения, но это не совсем исполнение фантазии о силе, которую я ожидаю от игры с драконом. Ваше объяснение, что это еще не применимо, чтобы открыто бросить вызов Королевствам, справедливо, но оно действительно не очень хорошо сочетается с частью игры "верховный хищник".

В принципе, единственная цель, которая у вас есть в начале игры, - это избить собак и мобов, чтобы заполучить овец и свиней. Все остальное-пустая трата времени, особенно в такой непростительной игре. Вам нужно пресыщение, чтобы добраться до следующей эволюции и выжить. Battlefeasts - это шутка, они аккуратные и ароматные, классные, чтобы иметь их в качестве бонуса, но вы не можете жить только на них. Если вы играете с большим стартовым драконом, вы можете надежно уничтожить быка/толпу/собаку, чтобы получить достаточно сытости, чтобы сделать, может быть, еще одну вещь. Единственное, что еще нужно сделать, это съесть Бедного Коробейника, чтобы подпитывать свои бесконечные армии гоблинов, может быть, попытаться найти девушку, чтобы взять ее в свое логово. Не то, чтобы получить девушку мудро, если вы не возьмете большой старт, а также синюю голову, чтобы получить подводный грот.

Выбор головного старта довольно неинформативен, синий цвет имеет уникальные стартовые варианты и, вероятно, лучший старт, если вы возьмете самый большой стартовый размер IMO, но Золото/Бронза/Тень, имеющие более легкий старт, вводят в заблуждение. Одна лишняя мана определенно большая, достаточно, чтобы сделать Инкубаторий и все такое. Но потом возникают другие проблемы, даже с логовом, битком набитым пленниками, в Подводном гроте мне нужен только один инкубатор. А миньоны, которых вы получаете из яиц, совсем не стоят того, чтобы сражаться по сравнению с отрядом гоблинов с драконом в тылу. И если у вас нет Грота, то вам еще меньше нужен второй инкубатор.

Я довольно дезорганизован прямо сейчас, но я постараюсь вести заметки и составить список вещей, которые я бы изменил, если вы хотите, чтобы игра была более привлекательной для таких людей, как я. Кроме того, просто хочу сказать, что это впечатляет, что вам удалось смоделировать и как долго вы застряли с этим.
Dude, just increase the maximum level of the core that the prisoners can give birth to and it will become easier to play, it's easy to buy biomass in the lizard village. And I noticed here that auto-translation translates even the text that you write.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
It's amazing, you managed to almost completely destroy the Russian translation. I am not very happy about this.
There is no Russian 'translation'. There is the original Russian game and then there is an English translation, plus the mod's own additions.

And I didn't destroy it, merely disabled some parts of it, because the mod is far from being complete.

I am not a Russian speaker, although I can sort of barely understand simpler stuff. So having Russian dialogue directly in the code interferes with my ability to develop the mod. Restoring the Russian via a new translation is not hard, but it's a lot of tedious busywork. A very fucking big lot, actually. For an example, the DW 1.4.1 English translation project died after a year or so without getting very far.

In any case, a translation will constantly be somewhat out of date and need updating. I am not shooting myself in the foot like this.

You want a Russian translation (even if it's just to restore the original text), you (or like-minded people) make it and I'll add it to the mod. Ren'Py basically hands the tools to do that to you on a silver platter. I get nothing out of such a translation personally, and I suspect a majority of players will neither.

You have a strange error in the Girl.rpy file. There are extra, irrelevant lines 308 and 309.
I don't see what's so wrong about this: o_O
Code:
                if self.core_power >= 8:
                    self.regular_spawn = 'lizardman'

And please do something about the prologue. It is all in English, although judging by the files it should be in Russian.
No, it is not:
intro1.jpg
intro2.jpg
intro4.jpg
intro4.jpg
Only the last two slides, which were split from just one in the original game, and the rest of the sci-fi plot got deleted.

And the fact that weak henchmen can't torture strong prisoners is complete idiocy, they are immobilized.
They are in a cage, not fully trussed up like sausages. Go into a zoo and tell me you can go and torture the bears, lions or even the monkeys or foxes with impunity. I'll wait for the pictures. :)

I suppose I could add an option to 'fully shackle captives', which would probably drain an HP per day or so.

Dude, just increase the maximum level of the core that the prisoners can give birth to and it will become easier to play
Why should I be concerned about the mod being 'easier to play'? :p And it won't be, because higher-power Eggs will need more advanced Hatcheries, and the quality boost is very temporary.

Anyway, for people wishing to blast through the game, there are console cheats and difficulty options, with more of the latter coming in the future.

And I noticed here that auto-translation translates even the text that you write.
Er, what? All the translation is manual. Although some of it lives in a dictionary that might indeed work a bit like that. Any examples?

Edit: Or do you mean that the forum has auto-translation now? o_O

BTW, please tone it down a little. I don't own you the tiniest thing. This is a hobby project, not a funded one like many others here. I gain relatively little from publishing my work, and lose a lot of my free time to the project, and even more to feedback and testing.

Personally I've found the game to be a real drag, something I had kinda forgotten about in the intervening time since I had played this before.
There will be some QoL features to help with the tedium, but this is fundamentally a game about grinding your dragon into Big and Bad. Kinda like the Chinese 'cultivation' genre, come to think of it. :unsure:

Personally I've modded satiety requirements and loss for evolution to 5 per instead of 10
That just sabotages the satiety part of the resource management. I'm adding a variety of new satiety sources exactly because of similar feedback.

...there's not much to do in the opening areas.
The mod is all about gating, otherwise you'll complain that there's never anything new to do.

I took the highest starting size and normal difficulty having played the game before and all...
There will be advanced starting options. I guess you can even mod them, if you wish. But I got zero feedback about those when I asked. :(

...I can't even beat up a Ogre or a patrol of 2 Footmen.
Ogres are pretty tough, you're not supposed to beat them with just Goblins. Footmen are armored, so you need something to handle that. Cockatrices ought to work.

I can take down a single Footie with a full squad, but then it's the same reward as the Huntsman/Jaeger dude or whatevs he was called last time, with many losses.
...but I've just ended up save scumming if I get that guy.
Uh, what reward? The toll post? That one's not save-scummable. If you mean the patrols, those are punishment. :sneaky: Or do you mean something else?

The rare events of Castle and Palace are likewise impossible to defeat, which is fine but also not fine.
Not quite. Some weeks ago I was raiding Castles on the regular with a year... four? medium/large dragon, using two Homunculi, Basilisks, a Gargant, maybe some fodder and Witch Rituals. Homunculi will get nerfed and castles will be less rare, though.

...fulfilling a power fantasy that I expect from a dragon game.
..."supreme predator" part of the game.
It's not trivial power fantasy, like typical isekai. A medium dragon with Goblins or even Lizardmen/Basilisks is in no way 'supreme' yet. Actually, I'm more worried about the battles being too easy rather than the opposite. Who was it that was regularly raiding the Capital for battle food?

So minions are getting a significant nerf, and there will most likely be another tier of tougher enemies.

Basically the only goal you have early game is to beat up dogs and mobs to get sheep and pigs. Anything else is a waste...
There's a bunch of other things you can do and which were indeed an important part of my last test game. Extorting/killing peddlers for silver. Robbing farms/small villages when your satiety is mostly filled up. Finding a good lair like the mansion or even the forest temple (the latter probably requires some luck and a certain amount of setup). Getting a hatchery and cage system set up, finding some peasants to fill them. Learning magic, starting to make inroads towards an Altar. Hoarding trinkets for your first Capital visit.

Once you hit medium, there's more to do. Getting your first Homunculus, the Queen quest, setting up an Altar and the necessary sacrifices, graduating to pigs, merchant caravans and medium/large villages, hunting for XP in the mountains and boar in the Forest, perhaps even raiding weaker lairs like the forts/manors, doing the 200+ Infamy quest, growing Cockatrices, Basilisks, perhaps even Lizardmen and their village.

You need satiety to get to the next evolution, and to survive.
You don't need to pimp the dragon at all costs if you're using fear or powerful minions. Once the smugglers come online, you can just purchase passably powerful fodder, and Basilisks+Homunculi are a staple of mid-early game.

Battlefeasts are a joke, they are neat and flavorful, cool to have as a bonus, but you can't live on those alone.
Tell that to the guy who was raiding the Capital for ~400 battle satiety a pop. I was forced to bring out the dude with the gnarly staff to stop that abuse. :cry:

If you play with big starting dragon, you can reliably take down the bull/mob/dog to get enough satiety to do maybe one other thing.
Eating herds will be scaling with dragon size. And a cattle herd can usually fund an entire sleep cycle that's not involved with anything stamina-intensive, like double evolutions, new buildings, etc.

Edit2:
endless armies of goblins
Will not be endless in the next version. They'll run away if the Lair is too crowded. :devilish:

Not that getting a gal is wise unless you take the big start and also a blue head to get the Underwater Grotto.
Why? Runaways? Then the answer is cages, which Gremlins can build for you once you get the money rolling in, or just use another herd to build one yourself.

Head starting choice is quite uninformative ... Gold/Bronze/Shadow having an easier start is misleading.
How so? Having access to the full range of Witch services and not having to rely on peddlers for cash infusion is huge.

But then you get other problems, even with a lair chock full of captives in an Underwater Grotto I only need a single hatchery.
That's an early game thing, what with egg quality being very low. Do you want something like 3, 5 or even 7 days of minimum hatching time? o_O

And the minions you get from the eggs are not at all worth it for combat compared to a squad of goblins with dragon at the rear.
Very untrue. Snakes don't eat captives or have upkeep and can (currently) be stacked sky-high to catch thieves. Cockatrices and Basilisks are armor-piercing, flying/burrowing, and considerably tougher than any Goblin. Never mind all the other critters like Crocs who you can take underwater raiding, Lizardmen who build the village, Kobolds whom you can trade for food at said village. The other stuff is even more powerful, but needs a better hatchery.

One thing you may be right about here is that girl minions and especially Homunculi are currently way too strong, obsoleting many early game minions. Homunculi already got nerfed, and guess what's the next item on my TODO list? :sneaky:

I'm quite disorganized right now, but I'll try to keep notes and make a list of things I would change if you want the game to be more appealing to people like me.
Anyway, I can take feedback I don't personally like. I just recently made a bunch of cheat options for exactly that reason, like no deaths from dragon dicking, max affinity disabling running away, no seal decay except the cultist events, double rage limits, etc. I can add something like half satiety for evolution in there quite easily. But these options need a bit of thought put into them beforehand.

Edit3: I think the summary of this mod goes like this: there are two sorts of power fantasies. One where you get some superpower(s) just handed to you and then go and rearrange the local civilisation to your liking, Most isekai and other self-insert media - including a bunch of adult games - and a sizeable amount of (mostly extremely modern) literature falls here. The other is where you work for your power and there are always bigger threats around. Most traditional RPGs, xianxia as a genre, practically all speculative literature preceding this century.

DMM is firmly in the second camp. Those who want a relatively smooth power fantasy and a dragon protagonist have Ravager to play. That game is more about the scaly guy doing largely whatever he wants from the beginning, has a mostly consequence-free Power Fantasy mode, original art and, most importantly, much better hand-crafted scenes. And the Ravager dragon is potentially a lot more tender-hearted than the one here.

Finally, I started making the mod because I wanted a game, not a slideshow. A game by definition means that you have a good chance of losing. Anyone is free to make their own further mods, but I'm not after popularity here. What I get (and care about) from releasing a public version is getting slaves testers to spot bugs and grave imbalances, and interesting discussions on the topic, including feature proposals. All the "it's too hard/it's too tedious" complaints completely miss the point of the mod. You could raise the same kinds of objections to any RTS skirmish/MOBA game, but it doesn't stop people from playing those games, and being proud of their rankings. Granted, the hardcore playerbase is tiny, but so is the number of people who are into dragon rape sims. :D

Last edited:

Red Capcha

Jun 15, 2019
I'm writing all this through a translator, so I can't vouch for the tone, but I didn't seem to be rude. Those two lines do not apply to anything and because of them, everything crashes when you start the game. I don't know why this doesn't happen for you, most likely there are differences in the versions of Windows. And wow, the translator turns slang into full-fledged words. Next, about the animals in the zoo, yes, I can safely mock the bear, since he will not reach me. Hit him with a stick or throw a stone, I'm not going to stick my hand in the cage like the guy from that video (DON'T CLIMB IT WILL EAT YOU!!!) , and for this I can get into jail for 15 days. And everything is harsh there, they don't even let you go to the toilet. So let's get back to the topic, as I said, I have a prologue in English with Russian enabled. I will assume that there is a certain problem in fashion that manifests itself only with the Russian Windows locale. And I also wanted to say that you are well done, so much time has passed, and you have not given up your business. I know a little English and therefore I'm not sure that the translator caught the essence of the last sentence, but I hope you understood me.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes