Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
Question: By "People you know", you mean those who frequently post here on forum, post here in the past or a close circle of trusted pals?

Still a bit sad it is discounted (sink a decent time into it), but it's your choice and I don't think any amount of rant will change that. Wish you well in the future.

Reactions: Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Question: By "People you know", you mean those who frequently post here on forum, post here in the past or a close circle of trusted pals?
It's enough that you've made a few posts in the thread and not been obnoxious about it. Or I've seen you be an adult elsewhere on the forums, or have interacted with you personally, possibly somewhere else.

Still a bit sad it is discounted (sink a decent time into it), but it's your choice and I don't think any amount of rant will change that.
I'm sad as well, but I am not able to go on like this. I'll take the time, see if I recover sufficient interest in the mod. Might take six months, might take a year, might take three, might never happen. If it happens, I'll see if I can find a more friendly home for the mod. If not, I might come back and set more stringent guidelines for myself and for taking feedback. We'll see.

Last edited:

prehot

Jun 25, 2020
Take care sir. For all it's worth i enjoyed your mods quite a bit and i hope you can find the strength to come back to developing them at some point.

Zercex80

Sep 6, 2020
It was a fun adventure while it lasted i'm a bit dissapointed in the result but it was previsible and i'm not at all shocked but just sad because i was looking foward to it and i enjoyed your mods quite a bit if i say so myself.

I also respect totally your decision and understand where all this come from.

I thanks you for the time and effort you did for making the mods it was one of the best game for me on that forum and i hope to see you again in a other project or on that one if you decide to relaunch the developement.

I wish you well and all the luck in the world for your next project !

Laxard

Sep 5, 2018
I'll see if I can find a more friendly home for the mod.
Making it available for public view on GitGud or Albedo.pw where Eliot hosted his version. The first option requires a bit of the GitMagic while second is a Russian forum.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Git is a tool for software development and not really communication. At least not with end users. The incarnations I know also don't like NSFW stuff, even if some of it can fly under the radar.

Russian forums are too niche, will likely lose me most current players here, and I have serious doubts that the forum culture is better than here. Which is the main sticking point.

As I said, I'll think about these things if I get another full version ready that I want to share. By that time, it's conceivable F95 itself might have imploded, or something.

mordet

Apr 21, 2020
Sad to hear that development halted, hope I didn't hound you too much while we were discussing the game.

Russian forums are too niche, will likely lose me most current players here, and I have serious doubts that the forum culture is better than here. Which is the main sticking point.
You should try our favorite mongolian basket-weaving imageboard. :p

• Haha

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Unfortunately, yes. I want to cut myself off for a while, and inviting new players, especially new players with zero posting history, is very counter-productive to that. Sorry.

gfw

Mar 21, 2017
Played several version of the game and liked many aspects in it. Sorry to hear that Jman will no longer work onit. Hopefully someone can have the ambition to take it over.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
At one point, I had modded this mod.
I added tiny tweaks to satiety amounts from some animals.
I added a bit of flavor that made certain areas slightly harder than others.
I changed the seals quantity so that you could either worry or not worry about them.

I was asked to share it and about 30 people downloaded it without a single complaint.
I havent considered re-upping since I was waiting for it to get to a stable point.
I havent even followed all the changes in the last several months so I dont think I will be helping to re-do this.
*edit* I doubt I even have a current version of the game with recent fixes

• Thinking Face

daru

Oct 5, 2017
Damn, sorry to hear this.
I've been playing this for 1-2 years now. I hope all the best with your future projects.

Aug 27, 2018
Damn, day late, dollar short. Just remembered how fun this was when I played back when the Ravager dudes first complained about it on their Discord and now I see it's dead. RIP the best dragon sim so far.

• Sad
Reactions: Rexaureus and Jman9

ishaiatien

Jun 29, 2020
Unfortunate. I only picked up the game a few days ago, and learned that there was a mod for it today.
Hopefully in the future, I will find you faster. Have a good rest.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 8 Votes