Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes
Aug 18, 2020
There is only one big_caravan event in road.rpy but the small_caravan event also uses the same background, which is heavy_carriage . There are differences between those two events, and you can find those specific changes in road.rpy in game/_story/hunt .

Edit: Wording and phrasing was off, now that I have my caffeine I can fix it

Last edited:

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
1599145323083.png

So much fear I cannot get the firery hatchery event to roll... shall I console down the fear :LOL:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Are there changes to the 2 big caravan events, that use the same bg? Both are almost the same, to me.
Some, but not very substantial. The backgrounds are different now, and there's a more elaborate tribute scheme and some sound effects.

But the big caravan gives roughly 2+ times the loot and satiety, so I don't see how they are 'almost the same'. o_O
So much fear I cannot get the firery hatchery event to roll... shall I console down the fear
You can cap fear by changing the 'reputation_level' function in 'PlayableCharacter.rpy' to
Code:
        @property
        def reputation_level(self):
            fame_tier = 0
            for entry in const_fame_tiers:
                fame,tier = entry
                if self.fame >= fame:
                    fame_tier += 1

return max(self.size-1,fame_tier)
Or just console the efreet castle with 'renpy.call('event_sky_ifrit').

Edit:
jewler table, the same as the tribute from a tier 3 plains settlment
That's actually been downgraded to the 'citizen' table.

Last edited:

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Or just console the efreet castle with 'renpy.call('event_sky_ifrit').
This one is abit of irony, I will get another ifrit encounter much later after calling it manually. :LOL: I dont get extra lair though so it still works somewhat.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
But the big caravan gives roughly 2+ times the loot and satiety, so I don't see how they are 'almost the same'.
I guess the extort loot amount? I changed it myself so the big one gives lots of coins. :D

Aug 18, 2020
I'm looking at the materials.yaml and I am going to try and make a few changes, like sorting by type then by price, instead of price. I'll also rename jade from a kidney condition to jade, and good emerald and good ruby to Mythical emerald and the same for ruby, y'know, since they have the same price as Black Diamond. For the crystall that is called Rhinestone, I feel one of those labels should be changed, but I dont know which, so I'll leave that to you. Pearl that is called Pearls Im renaming to Pearl. Pink diamond to Rose Diamond, Nacre to Shell (bit more clarity, I know nacre is shell but I dunno if many else do), Star sapphire to Star Sapphire, Adamant to Adamantine, etc. If you want to put in the work of sorting by alphabet within 2 subcategories, you are welcome to, cause I aint into that.

Aug 18, 2020
Here is a list of the sorted materials to go in any loot table addition. They are sorted into 3 loot tables based on what the type is, the sorted from left to right by highest price to lowest price.

Aug 18, 2020
The Royal Palace palace invasion results in the option of "Thief @ kill" where @ should be &. Caused confusion for me when the thief didnt die. Also, since both options result in mass theft, it should probably be called "Massacre everyone" or something. Also, I have an idea for a Royal Jeweler option, and I think I could code most of it, except for calling a specific quality and cut type of gem. Any tips on how to do that?

Edit: looking at the code, I now realize that the thief and kill option brings about double the loot, so nvm on that point.

Edit 2: Sorted treasures.yaml. I feel like there should be gates to creating the higher tier items based on craftmanship level. Currently, you have no reason to spam anything other than just Tiaras and Crowns, while stuff like Phalli and Tomes really should only be made for the luls. Maybe have each of them have a base worth that is multiplied at differing levels by craftmanship? Like, Phalluses have base price of 50k and but only gain +10 base price per crafting level, while Scepters have base value 10k or even 5k but get +100 base price per crafting level? Either option would probably be a pain to code tho, and it would only be a minor positive, so yeah.

Last edited:
Reactions: syponis

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
1599201413682.png

Permavirigin flag is producing just 1 egg.

I think I got it wrong abt egg count. What determines multiple eggs?

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020
What do you mean producing just 1 egg? Do you mean it is producing just 1 quality of egg, or only 1 egg at a time? 'Cause I am pretty sure I never noticed 2+ eggs popping out from a single cycle. Also, just a heads up, you can take a screenshot of only the game by pressing "s".

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Its popping out 1 egg per girl. Either i had too many egg makers or seeing things.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I changed it myself so the big one gives lots of coins.
Can't help you there, then. :D

I'm looking at the materials.yaml and I am going to try and make a few changes
Incorporated this in a somewhat changed form. Rubies and emeralds are 'flawless', Adamant is Adamantium. Rhinestone is anachronistic, but sounds nice, so it stays.

The Royal Palace palace invasion results in the option of "Thief @ kill"
Good old Translatese. :LOL: It's 'Pillage and plunder', now.

Also, I have an idea for a Royal Jeweler option, and I think I could code most of it, except for calling a specific quality and cut type of gem. Any tips on how to do that?
None, currently. :( Try replacing this in 'inventory - classes.rpy':
Code:
    class Item(Structure):
        def __init__(self,item_id, quality_index = None, size_index = None, cut_index = None):
            data = None
            self.group = 'other'
            for key in item_prototypes:
                if item_prototypes[key].has_key(item_id):
                    data = copy(item_prototypes[key][item_id])

if not data:
                debug(['Item not found',item_id])

if isinstance(data,Structure):
                for key in data.namespace():
                    self.set(key,data[key])

else:
                for key in data:
                    self.set(key,data[key])  
            # else:
                # debug(['wrong item data',type(data)])

self.price = self.base_cost

if self.has('quality_mod'):          
                self.quality_mod = self.quality_mod.split()
                if quality_index is not None and len(self.quality_mod) > 0:
                    self.quality_index = max(0,min(quality_index, len(self.quality_mod)-1))
                else:
                    self.quality_index = random.randrange(0, len(self.quality_mod))
                quality,mod = self.quality_mod[self.quality_index].split('/')
                self.quality_index += 1
                self.price *= float(mod)
            else:
                self.quality = 'normal'
                self.quality_index = 2          

if self.has('size_mod'):
                self.size_mod = self.size_mod.split()
                if size_index is not None and len(self.size_mod) > 0:
                    size_index = max(0,min(size_index, len(self.size_mod)-1))
                else:
                    size_index = random.randrange(0, len(self.size_mod))
                size,mod = self.size_mod[size_index].split('/')
                self.price *= float(mod)
                self.size = size
                self.size_index = size_index + 1

if self.has('cut_mod'):
                cut_list = self.cut_mod.split()
                if cut_index is not None and len(cut_list) > 0:
                    cut_index = max(0,min(cut_index, len(cut_list)-1))
                else:
                    cut_index = random.randrange(0, len(cut_list))
                cut,mod = cut_list[cut_index].split('/')
                self.price *= float(mod)
                self.cut = cut

if self.has('can_be_made_from'):
                material_group = select(self.can_be_made_from)
                self.material = select(item_prototypes['weighted_random'][material_group])

if self.has('has_picture') and self.has_picture:
                entry = select(item_prototypes['treasures_images'].keys())
                self.rus_desc = item_prototypes['treasures_images'][entry].rus_desc
                self.eng_desc = item_prototypes['treasures_images'][entry].eng_desc

self.count = 1
            self.order = 1
            self.item_id = item_id

# self.id = self.item_id + str(self.cost) + self.quality

self.id = item_id + self.get_property('size') + self.get_property('cut')
            self.id += self.get_property('quality') + self.get_property('has_picture')
            self.id += self.get_property('base_cost') + self.get_property('cost')
Then you call e.g.
Code:
royal_jewel = Item('diamond', cut_index =3, size_index = 1)
to get a little faceted stone.

I feel like there should be gates to creating the higher tier items based on craftmanship level.
Done. You need 1 craftsmanship per every 10 silver in base cost to craft that item. Which maxes out at 130 craftsmanship for scepters etc. I don't really feel like coming up with a treasure-enchancing scheme based on craftsmanship right now.

Is the rebel niece story broken? Else how to get it?
What do you think is holding up the next release? :D Well, it's not just Marianne, but she's a big part of it.

Its popping out 1 egg per girl. Either i had too many egg makers or seeing things.
Whatever gave you the idea that multiple eggs per girls are possible? :cautious: The dragon is rationing his sperm. :p

Last edited:

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
Quick question: is there any semblance of romance in this game? (even if it is à la Stockholm syndrome)

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Quick question: is there any semblance of romance in this game? (even if it is à la Stockholm syndrome)
Nope you are a villainous dragon bent on destroying the kingdom.

btw can milk be set as potion? bit hard to find in all items when you have lots of pillaged jewelry.

• Haha
Reactions: juanito
Aug 18, 2020
Yo, Jman, if I wanted to add a monster portrait/background how would I do that? I know I can place the background called from the arena in images/fight but dunno where to put the cropped fight portraits

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Not really. You might consider the 'affection' score something like SS, but that resemblance is rather weak.

btw can milk be set as potion? bit hard to find in all items when you have lots of pillaged jewelry.
Milk and crystals will get their own pages in inventory.

...where to put the cropped fight portraits
Into 'game/gfx/mobs'.

Reactions: juanito
Aug 18, 2020
Ok, I have tried 3 different online tools to try and convert to an html. It aint work on any of them. Would it work to just upload a .jpeg and have renpy read that alongside the htmls? Also, found this pic on rule 34
Edit: Image didnt upload 1st time

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes