Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

misterjoper

Apr 17, 2020
I've been playing on draconian difficulty ( trying to ironman) and i came to conclusion that it's better NOT to invest into size evolutions because bigger dragons sleep more. Also it's better to restore only 1 stamina +1 lust per sleeping session as opossed to 2 stamina + 1 lust. This way you can get +1 gold each sleeping session (which is short if you are small).
Also if you have 1 stamina left and you are frenzied it's better to sleep so you could get +2 to your mood after sleeping. And btw how do you decrease poverty and fear (Except allowing mobilization to go up)?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I've been playing on draconian difficulty ( trying to ironman)
Draconian will be even more Draconian. :cool: I'm not sure it's doable either way.

and i came to conclusion that it's better NOT to invest into size evolutions because bigger dragons sleep more.
Size will matter (and cost :devilish: ) much more, because size will limit your total satiety, and thus lair size/number of captives. Size will also cap the number of other evolutions you can have. You won't get two pairs of paws before medium size, or two pairs of wings before impressive, etc.

This is a dragon sleeping simulator, so you're not getting to stay awake so easily. :p

OTOH, sleep penalties will be lowered by ~1 day per size category, and there will be two extra categories (9 and 10).

Also it's better to restore only 1 stamina +1 lust per sleeping session as opossed to 2 stamina + 1 lust.
You're right, but only if the dragon is tiny. Small dragons will waste their sleepy time going +1 lust/+0 stamina instead of +2 lust/+1 stamina. And if you rest in bite-sized chunks, all sorts of sleep events have a higher chance of happening (due to being rolled for more often). Knights, Thieves, runaways, starvation, mobilization, etc.

But it's indeed intended that you try to optimise your sleep cycles.

This way you can get +1 gold each sleeping session (which is short if you are small).
The Witch will get gated a little bit, the smugglers a lot and the tribes somewhere in-between.

Also if you have 1 stamina left and you are frenzied it's better to sleep so you could get +2 to your mood after sleeping.
You could also just slaughter somebody. :D The farmer's dog, maybe, or a worn-out captive.

And btw how do you decrease poverty and fear (Except allowing mobilization to go up)?
Fear is only kept in check by either not having a reputation (so no fame and a tiny dragon, which isn't in the released version) or keeping mobilization up (and thus poverty down, as well). Poverty goes away on its own, but the higher it is, the slower it decreases.

misterjoper

Apr 17, 2020
No, that's a legit bug. Took some fixing, too. :confused: Now both random and patrolling sharks will give +1 mana and a temporary +1 max mana.
So i dunno when the next release is coming but if it's not soon then i'd like to have a fix for this. That +1 mana matters a lot. Thanks

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
So i dunno when the next release is coming but if it's not soon
I hope next Monday will do the trick. Maybe I'll have to skip the forest events for the time being, but at least the main reintroduced events ought to be done and tested by then.

then i'd like to have a fix for this. That +1 mana matters a lot.
It does? How so?

Anyway, go into 'game/_story/hunt/sea.rpy', find the line saying
Code:
            $dragon.modifier_set('strong_beast_meat', name='Shark Meat', type='timed_buff', stat = 'mana', value = 1)
and replace it with
Code:
            $dragon.stat('mana',1)
You'll lose out on the '+1 mana' effect, but that one doesn't work and I don't even see a good way to make it work since mana is a resource and not really a stat.

Optionally, also replace the guards encounter with
Code:
label event_sea_guards:
    $events.drain()
    $was_sharked = False
    python:
        guards_level = random.randint(0, kingdom.mobilization)
        if guards_level < 4:
            guard = 'shark'
            was_sharked = True
        elif guards_level < 7:
            guard = 'merman'
        elif guards_level < 11:
            guard = 'ship'
        elif guards_level < 16:
            guard = 'battleship'
        else:
            guard = 'triton'

$dtxt = p('event_sea_guards_%s'%guard)

'[dtxt]'
    call arena(encounter=[guard]) from _call_arena_19
    if was_sharked:
        $dragon.stat('mana',1)
        drag 'Nom-nom... Tasty shark!'
    jump region_full_view

Last edited:

misterjoper

Apr 17, 2020
I'd like the game to be less dependent on having multiple heads. I just wanna play a vanilla Dragon. Dragonian diffuclty is very hardcore with just one head and you are guranteed to lose if you invest into size evolution.
Also there's a abuse mechanic with training i found.So it costs 20 gold for 1 traning but you can buy it when you have 10 gold less. You will go bankrupt after a day passes and all your minions go away (unless they are dead which you should do by that point) and regarding captives, all of them dissappear unless you got a cage with a captives. This way All captives in cages die but every captive outisde of the cage survives.
Also it's better to turn off health recovery since food is hard to come by
BTWi don't understand how do i get stone Hatchery. I killed the Orge, got his wife but no stone hatchery. I am gonna assume it's the same for other giants except Alves.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
The update is out!

It's called the 28-09-2020 version (yes, yesterday :p).

The OP has new pictures and a brief changelog.

Question to players: what do you think, should I also advertise on the Defiler Wings thread or perhaps even ask the OP there to refer to the remake/mod?

I'd like the game to be less dependent on having multiple heads. I just wanna play a vanilla Dragon.
There's a 'Single-headed dragon' cosmetic option now where heads are called scales, reflecting whatever's going on in the dragon's stomach/throat. If you have a better idea what to call them instead of scales, let me know.

Dragonian diffuclty is very hardcore with just one head...
Don't play Draconian difficulty. I'm not sure it's actually winnable without cheating like mad.

...and you are guranteed to lose if you invest into size evolution.
You now can't do much without investing in size at some point. All the other body parts are capped by size.

Also there's a abuse mechanic with training i found.So it costs 20 gold for 1 traning but you can buy it when you have 10 gold less.
Will take a look.

You will go bankrupt after a day passes and all your minions go away (unless they are dead which you should do by that point) and regarding captives, all of them dissappear unless you got a cage with a captives. This way All captives in cages die but every captive outisde of the cage survives.
I hope everyone just starves for a while now, except mercenaries. Including things in cages. :)

Also it's better to turn off health recovery since food is hard to come by
The lizardman tribe and pillaging villages. Or the healing spell, or the Witch.

But satiety is something that limits most things you do, so you really need to find a reliable source of it.

i don't understand how do i get stone Hatchery. I killed the Orge
The stone hatchery comes from the dwarves.

...other giants except Alves.
Alves aren't giants. :D And fire/ice hatcheries are still tied to the relevant giants.

zoomrocket

Dec 27, 2019
I am getting an error whenever I "wander around" or explore a randomized place. If I ignore it gives a ritual sacrifice event.

Additionally, it appears impossible to get to 50 satiety as a tiny dragon, making the second quest and any base building impossible for the first 40 days to increase size

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I am getting an error whenever I "wander around" or explore a randomized place.
You're not trying to use an old save or something? Best solution, post a save here, one where this thing happens consistently.

I can easily fix this specific error, but it indicates something is wrong with event regeneration, so I'd rather fix the root cause. And I can't get this bug to fire for myself right now. I think I found this, too. Poverty regeneration can be fractional. Damn, I forget half the things I invent, now. :oops:

If I ignore it gives a ritual sacrifice event.
Ignoring errors can give you all sorts of wild bugs, reporting those is mostly useless.

Can anyone help, after upgrading size from tiny to small, game wont progress days anymore.

File "game/_script/shop/ItemMarket.rpy", line 48, in refresh
for i in xrange(time):
TypeError: integer argument expected, got float
Somehow, sleep time became non-integer, but damned if I can figure out how. A save would be appreciated, again. Edit: I think I found it. If zoomrocket gets me a save, I'll see about a hotfix.

Lol, i am staying away from the mountains and trade routes. Mobilization there is crazy.
How high is your mobilization so it becomes 'crazy'? :D

Roads aren't much worse than plains, anyway. And mountains have always been dangerous. The forest looks a little safer than the rest, possibly also the sea. All the others can ramp up pretty badly.

Edit:
Additionally, it appears impossible to get to 50 satiety as a tiny dragon, making the second quest and any base building impossible for the first 40 days to increase size
Oh, right. Bummer. I guess I'll put in a minimum of 60 for all sizes.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomrocket

misterjoper

Apr 17, 2020
there are literaly only 2 safe events that can give you satiety. Tuna (+10) and Goose (+5). And there also darkwood event(+30) but you can get instakilled there and you got no control there aside from save and load.
Since there's no gold i can't get even goblins and i can't kill the dog.
I dunno how i am suppossed to play this .

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hotfix 1 released!

Download from the OP.

Here's the save
Do you have something against living in a ruin, aka why are you still in the gully?

Also there's a abuse mechanic with training i found.So it costs 20 gold for 1 traning but you can buy it when you have 10 gold
I am not able to reproduce this. Do you have a save or any other information how you managed that?

there are literaly only 2 safe events that can give you satiety. Tuna (+10) and Goose (+2).
Geese give +5 satiety.

Otherwise, well, yeah. So you need some goblins as muscle. The little fuckers are cheap, and a squad of four can take at least a small village's guards, or the pigherder, without much trouble.

Since there's no gold i can't get even goblins and i can't kill the dog.
I guess you can just do the first quest then and evolve to small. Then you can beat the dog and rob the weakest girls for some trinkets. Draconian or hard dogs might still be too tough.

Or start with a magic-capable head and go for the milkings. :D

on draconian difficulty
Didn't you read the warning? :p

Orelix15

Feb 19, 2019
Bugs I encountered,

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/_story/hunt/plains.rpy", line 1184, in script call
    call arena(encounter=enemy_list)
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - sleep report.rpy", line 119, in script call
    call lb_event_thief_go_to_lair
  File "game/_script/lair/thief.rpy", line 473, in script
    $ defense_roll = random.randint(0,defense_test - thief.level) + thief.level
  File "game/_script/lair/thief.rpy", line 473, in <module>
ValueError: empty range for randrange() (0,-10, -10)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - sleep report.rpy", line 119, in script call
    call lb_event_thief_go_to_lair
  File "game/_script/lair/thief.rpy", line 473, in script
  File "D:\Downloads\Time_for_Dragons_DD_Mod_Sep_2020\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Downloads\Time_for_Dragons_DD_Mod_Sep_2020\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/_script/lair/thief.rpy", line 473, in <module>
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 242, in randint
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 218, in randrange
ValueError: empty range for randrange() (0,-10, -10)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Время для Драконов: Королевство Монстров 28-09-20
Wed Sep 30 06:51:24 2020
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/_story/hunt/plains.rpy", line 1488, in script
    python:
  File "game/_story/hunt/plains.rpy", line 1511, in <module>
    for x in xrange(kingdom.mobilization//5):

Full traceback:
  File "game/_story/hunt/plains.rpy", line 1488, in script
    python:
  File "D:\Downloads\Time_for_Dragons_DD_Mod_Sep_2020\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
  File "D:\Downloads\Time_for_Dragons_DD_Mod_Sep_2020\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "game/_story/hunt/plains.rpy", line 1511, in <module>
    for x in xrange(kingdom.mobilization//5):

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Wed Sep 30 06:57:30 2020
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - sleep report.rpy", line 60, in script call
    call lb_event_knight_go_to_lair
  File "game/_script/lair/knight.rpy", line 562, in script
    $ peasants = lair.count_all_girls(['peasant'])
  File "game/_script/lair/knight.rpy", line 562, in <module>
TypeError: count_all_girls() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

Full traceback:
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - sleep report.rpy", line 60, in script call
    call lb_event_knight_go_to_lair
  File "game/_script/lair/knight.rpy", line 562, in script
  File "game/_script/lair/knight.rpy", line 562, in <module>
TypeError: count_all_girls() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Wed Sep 30 07:12:44 2020

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hotfix 2 released!

Edit: And updated to version 2b.

Haha, no, but if I can't upgrade anything then what is the point in moving before I'm bigger?
Lair size also affects how many girls you can store in there, and changes the looks and music. I suppose a tiny dragon could care less, indeed. :)

Bugs I encountered
Hotfixed, I hope.

Except for the empty squad, I have no idea how you did that. Save?
Edit: I put in a sanity check for somehow losing your dragon from the party, but I still don't know how it's even possible. o_O

Last edited:

Orelix15

Feb 19, 2019
Except for the empty squad, I have no idea how you did that. Save?
Edit: I put in a sanity check for somehow losing your dragon from the party, but I still don't know how it's even possible. o_O
Fixed it, made a new squad. This happens when you run from a knight from your lair. Squad 1 is empty. To fix it, you need to make a new squad.

How do I unlock the island?

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes