Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hotfix 2c released!

This happens when you run from a knight from your lair. Squad 1 is empty. To fix it, you need to make a new squad.
The game will auto-fix it now, too.

How do I unlock the island?
After a pretty long quest chain involving the Witch, the Queen, and a certain young green fellow. To even start, you need to have some magic (which you won't be able to use until the first quest is complete).

I tried out a steel dragon. He can beat a dog pretty consistently, so three months of hunting sheep gets you to small size, at which point more options open up (berry girls, single sheep, deer etc). The only bad thing about it all was that the Knight was beginning to come after my ass. :D

Magical dragons can go the milking+goblin route, which covers gold, bronze and shadow. Blue dragons might get by using tuna.

I wonder if the other colours are fucked, having to subsist on only geese? :p Obviously doesn't apply on easy.

I could add a one-time goblin groupie for those heads, thoughts? Edit: Or I could make the elemental heads all give you a minimum of 5 fear, allowing you to extort farmers and peddlers.

Edit2: Upon closer examination, the other heads can also beat the dog, although not consistently. The dog will have to roll about 4-5 ones for damage, which is manageable (via some savescumming :p) for raiding the farm, but not the sheep.

Last edited:

Orelix15

Feb 19, 2019
Shadow + 4 goblins, eat boars, get water head, eat tuna rinse and repeat,

My children arent being born. Suggest you increase satiety gain as the village has been removed

Attacking sheep gives no satiety, only infamy

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - label.rpy", line 38, in script call
    python:
  File "game/_story/darkwood/darkwood.rpy", line 638, in script call
    call arena(encounter=['treant'],dragon_only=true)
  File "game/_story/darkwood/darkwood.rpy", line 312, in script call
    call arena(encounter=['worm_reaper'],dragon_only=true)
    python:
  File "game/_story/darkwood/darkwood.rpy", line 341, in script call
    call arena(encounter=['darkwood_huntress'],dragon_only=true)
    python:
    python:
    python:
    python:
    python:
    python:
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - sleep report.rpy", line 31, in script
    $dragon.sleep()
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - sleep report.rpy", line 31, in <module>
    $dragon.sleep()
  File "game/_script/characters/PlayableCharacter.rpy", line 482, in sleep
    date.inc(time_amount=self.sleep_time)
  File "game/_script/subsystem/date.rpy", line 98, in inc
    lair.room_actions()
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - classes.rpy", line 1081, in room_actions
    self.add_minion(room.target,rank=room.value-minion_raw[room.target].power_needed,notify=true)
AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'power_needed'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    python:
  File "game/_story/darkwood/darkwood.rpy", line 312, in script call
    call arena(encounter=['worm_reaper'],dragon_only=true)
    python:
  File "game/_story/darkwood/darkwood.rpy", line 341, in script call
    call arena(encounter=['darkwood_huntress'],dragon_only=true)
    python:
    python:
    python:
    python:
    python:
    python:
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - sleep report.rpy", line 31, in script
    $dragon.sleep()
  File "D:\Downloads\Time_for_Dragons_DD_Mod_Sep_2020\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Downloads\Time_for_Dragons_DD_Mod_Sep_2020\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - sleep report.rpy", line 31, in <module>
    $dragon.sleep()
  File "game/_script/characters/PlayableCharacter.rpy", line 482, in sleep
    date.inc(time_amount=self.sleep_time)
  File "game/_script/subsystem/date.rpy", line 98, in inc
    lair.room_actions()
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - classes.rpy", line 1081, in room_actions
    self.add_minion(room.target,rank=room.value-minion_raw[room.target].power_needed,notify=true)
AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'power_needed'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Время для Драконов: Королевство Монстров 28-09-20
Wed Sep 30 14:14:53 2020

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hotfix 2 updated!

My children arent being born.

Attacking sheep gives no satiety, only infamy
Both should be resolved with the new hotfix.

Suggest you increase satiety gain as the village has been removed
Which satiety gain?

Sheep already give +60, and you can beat the sheepdog with any dragon, if you reload like a maniac. :p
The farm's dog gives up to +15, and some other things.

Edit:
Shadow + 4 goblins, eat boars, get water head, eat tuna rinse and repeat
If you're already eating boars, what do you need tuna for?

Orelix15

Feb 19, 2019
Hotfix 2 updated!

Both should be resolved with the new hotfix.

Which satiety gain?

Edit:

BTW, are villages permanently gone or is it unlockable?

Which satiety gain?
- Generally, all of them or increase their fire rate, or add a source of food that is more reliable, else itll turn into a save scum simulator, which is the only time ive managed to be an acceptable size without having too much mobilization

- Controlling Infamy. Boars, tunas, sharks, deer. All of these do not increase infamity but provide satiety, this patch it seems that controlling infamy is key to being stronger without mobilization running rampant. They give enough, but do not fire as often as you'd want due to rage issues. You'd often be forced to go to the darkshire to use up your stamina and lose frenzied status, only to die in 1 hit randomly. Tuna is the best ATM btw, it makes you lose 5 rage and gives 40 sat

Last patch, hiring guards and going medium villages made it so you'd get stronger but and will be able to handle it(no cap on satiety, levels will usually match mobilization and guards will take on meduim villages with tons of losses) Now, that the island is accessible only thru a long quest, one which needs you to be at least small + rainbow head (enough mana to sneak in the capital), hiring guards becomes much harder. This means, the only plausible village farm would be small villages via goblins. This is highly inefficient due to the infamity gain. Enemies will overun you and leave you with no options with very little gain.

If not an increase in satiety, maybe impliment a infamy loss besides the knights? EG:
Losing to battles/running away from battles will make people fear you less, infamy loss

Heres my save, abundance of XP, no satiety to be able to spend it. I generally fucked up since I hit some small villages early on.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Generally, all of them or increase their fire rate
The animal herds are firing pretty often, aren't they? And villages are also a middling source of food.

...add a source of food that is more reliable, else itll turn into a save scum simulator, which is the only time ive managed to be an acceptable size without having too much mobilization
Play on easy. :p You get 100 starting gold and can go for goblins right away.

Raiding villages will also increase poverty, which impacts mobilization.

Boars, tunas, sharks, deer. All of these do not increase infamity but provide satiety
But boars are already infamy-free, what's the blue head going to get you? More food sources?

And stealing a single sheep or pig is also infamy-free, for +15/+20 satiety, almost as good as a deer and more frequent to boot.

...this patch it seems that controlling infamy is key to being stronger without mobilization running rampant.
Is it really that bad? Under 5 mobilization should be manageable with a goblin squad.

...rage issues. You'd often be forced to go to the darkshire to use up your stamina and lose frenzied status, only to die in 1 hit randomly.
Grab a random girl and eat her? Or raid a farm? Both make you lose rage as well, and farms feature no randomness, although you do get hit with more infamy.

Tuna is the best ATM btw, it makes you lose 5 rage and gives 40 sat
That choice also uses up a lot of the tuna encounter chance, so there will be less tuna in the future.

Last patch, hiring guards and going medium villages made it so you'd get stronger but and will be able to handle it
I think this is still mostly doable. Maybe you'll have to run away from patrols more often, but that will also get your infamy under control again.

Now, that the island is accessible only thru a long quest, one which needs you to be at least small + rainbow head
You need to be medium-sized before the Witch gives you that quest. But mana doesn't matter (beyond being >0 ), since she'll give you a special potion. You can have a lot of extra fun in the city with that potion, too. ;)

This means, the only plausible village farm would be small villages via goblins. This is highly inefficient due to the infamity gain.
Medium villages are consistently doable with a beastkin girl, a small dragon and three goblins, as in your save. You'll lose the goblins, though. :D

If not an increase in satiety, maybe impliment a infamy loss besides the knights?
Losing to battles/running away from battles will make people fear you less, infamy loss
Doesn't this already happen? I'm definitely getting infamy losses for running away.

Losing means you're dead, though. :p

Heres my save, abundance of XP, no satiety to be able to spend it.
I tried spending a whole sleep cycle on raiding medium villages. Got me ~300 satiety (I ate all the girls :oops:) at the cost of about 3 goblins every time (=5*150 coppers), and I gained a lot more treasure than that.

Your dragon seems pretty well-adjusted. Although I'm not certain you wouldn't have been served better by picking something else instead of the blue head. And given the satiety limits, you might have considered lairing in a ruin or manor instead of the burrow.

Edit:
BTW, are villages permanently gone or is it unlockable?
What do you mean, 'permanently gone'?

Edit2: If you mean the other wild tribes, gremlins unlock with the Workshop becoming available. And the lizardman tribe unlocks a month after there's a reasonable explanation for lizardmen running around (you released one, or one ran away, or you've donated at least five of them to the Army). All the lizardman subspecies count (but the other elven spawn doesn't, despite looking somewhat like one).

Last edited:

Orelix15

Feb 19, 2019
Easy is well, too easy

Normal is too save scummy. 4 goblins and a small dragon cant handle anything beyond a footman. Best ive killed was a druid. So anything above 5 mobilization is really really bad, top that off the seals start counting down if you raid gung ho.

As for the save:
I moved to the burrow to hatch some eggs, I move around since the knight will ass rape you. This was a test if going for no infamity would be better vs raiding villages, thus the conclusion: its so far the only viable way ive done normal.

The thing is, yes everything is killable, mobilization isnt THAT bad, but on normal difficulty, without save scumming, it isnt possible. That there is the problem, as its turning to time for savescum rather than time of dragons. Ive tried raiding medium villages, purely medium villages, your infamity wont be able to keep up with the seals and mobility. You end up with a weak dragon who gets stuck in a save scum loop running from knights with near 0 kids

Setup was medium size
Gold
Steel
Magic

Paws HP
Ichor

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Easy is well, too easy
True.

Ive tried raiding medium villages, purely medium villages, your infamity wont be able to keep up with the seals and mobility.
Have you tried running from the patrols to reduce infamy? And I don't still see the big problem with mobilization. If it's beatable, it's beatable, and if not, running away is always an option.

You end up with a weak dragon who gets stuck in a save scum loop running from knights with near 0 kids
Then maybe it's the knights who are the problem, not satiety or mobilization?

Perhaps they need to be toned down a bit. Although a grotto should be pretty safe from them, and hiring a humongous pile of goblins to take a whack at a knight when (s)he arrives is also worth a try.

Edit: Although maybe you can go the fear route instead, get Creepy Ugliness and extort villages/peddlers instead of fighting, running from high mobilization patrols. Since you don't fight anything, the HP losses won't matter much. And by not actually fighting the patrols, the seals remain intact.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
...how do I hatch eggs over level 5? Cant seem to get the other altars
The other hatcheries are rather heavily gated. Next up is the white hatchery, which requires wings and beating a Jötun in his own castle. Then the same deal with the red one and an Efreet. The last two are locked behind conquering the elves and the dwarves, which are pretty major quests themselves.

Your best 'green' children are probably regular lizardmen and cockatrices. Maybe the limit should come down from <5 to <= 5, then you'd also get basilisks, leafzards and gargants. OTOH, gargants and leafzards come from oni and elves, who are also pretty difficult to obtain without serious combat ability.

Edit: Or maybe the Jötun could come down to the mountains, and the abandoned ice castle could also have the crystal, IDK.

Gantithoren

Aug 25, 2020
Okay, my first upload didn't seem to work, so trying again.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/_story/hunt/plains.rpy", line 598, in script call
    call arena(encounter=['dog','mob'])
  File "game/_story/hunt/plains.rpy", line 418, in script call
    call arena(encounter=['militia']) from _call_arena_21
  File "game/_story/hunt/plains.rpy", line 688, in script call
    call arena(encounter=['bull', 'dog' ,'mob'])
  File "game/_story/hunt/plains.rpy", line 1522, in script call
    call arena(encounter=troops) from _call_arena_25
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - sleep report.rpy", line 60, in script call
    call lb_event_knight_go_to_lair
  File "game/_story/hunt/plains.rpy", line 761, in script call
    call arena(encounter=['ogre'])
  File "game/_story/hunt/forest.rpy", line 40, in script call
    call arena(encounter=['domik']) from _call_arena
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - sleep report.rpy", line 39, in script
    $dragon.evo_complete()
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - sleep report.rpy", line 39, in <module>
    $dragon.evo_complete()
  File "game/_script/characters/PlayableCharacter.rpy", line 202, in evo_complete
    narrate_text = "%s: %s"%(p('evolution_finished'),self.evo[evo_id]['%s_name'%persistent.lang+"_alt"])
KeyError: u'eng_name_alt'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/_story/hunt/plains.rpy", line 598, in script call
    call arena(encounter=['dog','mob'])
  File "game/_story/hunt/plains.rpy", line 418, in script call
    call arena(encounter=['militia']) from _call_arena_21
  File "game/_story/hunt/plains.rpy", line 688, in script call
    call arena(encounter=['bull', 'dog' ,'mob'])
  File "game/_story/hunt/plains.rpy", line 1522, in script call
    call arena(encounter=troops) from _call_arena_25
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - sleep report.rpy", line 60, in script call
    call lb_event_knight_go_to_lair
  File "game/_story/hunt/plains.rpy", line 761, in script call
    call arena(encounter=['ogre'])
  File "game/_story/hunt/forest.rpy", line 40, in script call
    call arena(encounter=['domik']) from _call_arena
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - sleep report.rpy", line 39, in script
    $dragon.evo_complete()
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Time_for_Dragons_DD_Mod_Sep_2020\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Time_for_Dragons_DD_Mod_Sep_2020\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - sleep report.rpy", line 39, in <module>
    $dragon.evo_complete()
  File "game/_script/characters/PlayableCharacter.rpy", line 202, in evo_complete
    narrate_text = "%s: %s"%(p('evolution_finished'),self.evo[evo_id]['%s_name'%persistent.lang+"_alt"])

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Время для Драконов: Королевство Монстров 28-09-20
Wed Sep 30 12:26:09 2020
Right as I was finishing the curved horns evolution. Pretty sure I've got the latest hotfix installed.

I'm including the save.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hotfix 3 released!

If you want the Jötuns to come down from the sky, you need to start a new game.

Should be fixed now.

Is the satiety capping at 99/100 intentional? It makes the hatchery impossible until medium size...
Not really intentional, but you can circumvent this by capturing a weak girl and eating her just before you start building.

Edit:
I'm including the save.
How are you making all that money without being milked?

Gantithoren

Aug 25, 2020
Where? You don't have the Witch's shop unlocked, nor the 5 mana required to enter the Capital. The smugglers' store and the flying island are even less accessible...
Okay, apparently there's something going wrong on my end bigtime, because I do have the smugglers up and running. I thought that was an easy mode thing.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yeah, when I load your save the island is bare as it should be. So something got installed where it shouldn't have.

Gantithoren

Aug 25, 2020
Huh. Not sure how, all I did was extract the new file and then extract the patch right into it. Hunted down the appdata folder for it, wiped it. Lets see if that helps any.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes