Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Try deleting all .rpyc files, and check that you don't have any duplicate .rpy files. The appdata folder really shouldn't influence this. Note that duplicates in the 'game/tl' directory are okay, these are the translation files.

Gantithoren

Aug 25, 2020
Yeah, all that did was wipe my now-obsolete saves. A good thing to have happen anyway, but not what we were after.

edit: Okay, I've got two Phrase.rpy files in the subsystem folder, one labeled (2)- that one is 3kb, the other is 1kb.

Last edited:

Gantithoren

Aug 25, 2020
No, those are okay. What happens if you just start a new game and visit the island?
Well, I ended up deleting and completely reinstalling, and now things work properly. I guess that's one way to fix the problem. Probably some leftover from the previous version that my system somehow decided to keep around.

zoomrocket

Dec 27, 2019
Is mana supposed to be locked initially? I am starting with the gold head and my mana is 0/2 and doesnt regen. I have checked the sleep orders and it is on.

zoomrocket

Dec 27, 2019
Yes. Visit the swamp ruins and get ready to be laughed at. A lot. :D :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
Ive completed the 10 rounds of milking for the learn magic option and the witch tells me that I need to rest. Or do you mean just regular milking a bunch of times?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Are you using a download manager? Try disabling that.

If all else fails, I uploaded hotfix 3 to Mediafire as well.

Edit:
...the witch tells me that I need to rest.
Then rest. She wants you in tip-top shape, including a rather full belly (enough to survive one month). Learning the mysteries of magic is not for the weak and starving. :p

Reactions: zoomrocket
May 15, 2020
Are you using a download manager? Try disabling that.

If all else fails, I uploaded hotfix 3 to Mediafire as well.

Edit:

Then rest. She wants you in tip-top shape, including a rather full belly (enough to survive one month). Learning the mysteries of magic is not for the weak and starving. :p
it worked thank you.
where should i put this hot fix?
i mean in which folder?

Gantithoren

Aug 25, 2020
Hmm. Quick question, what does minion experience actually do? My gobbos are beginning to rack it up and I was wondering.

Edit: Aaand I figured out how I was getting to the smugglers place. If you turn off 'old style map' instead of taking you to the wild island, it'll just take you to the smugglers, with all their actions enabled.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Quick question, what does minion experience actually do?
If you let them rest (i.e. remove from active squads), they'll level up a bit. Very slowly, like +0.1 to a stat per 10 XP. This is influenced by minion type, so bigger and badder ones progress faster.

Aaand I figured out how I was getting to the smugglers place. If you turn off 'old style map'...
Damn. I'll fix this issue, but actually, don't use the 'new' map. There are additional graphical headaches involved, and I never use it myself, so it'll probably stay kinda half-assed. No, my mistake, the problem also affects the new map. Will get fixed. Still, the 'new' map looks pretty odd to me. Maybe it's my DW memories. :)

Last edited:

Gantithoren

Aug 25, 2020
If you let them rest, they'll level up a bit. Very slowly, like +0.1 to a stat per 10 XP. This is influenced by minion type, so bigger and badder ones progress faster.
Huh, nifty. Where do your priestesses fall on this? I'd like to say they'd be fairly high end, but I'm not sure.

Damn. I'll fix this issue, but actually, don't use the 'new' map. There are additional graphical headaches involved, and I never use it myself, so it'll probably stay kinda half-assed.
In that case, you may wish to find a way to remove the option to use the 'new' map.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Where do your priestesses fall on this? I'd like to say they'd be fairly high end...
The girls are about as vanilla as it can get, on par with regular lizardmen and (almost) smuggler guards. Goblins are obviously weaker (exactly half as weak, in fact, but more focused on HP). Maybe I'll differentiate between various girl types at some point, but don't hold your breath.

In that case, you may wish to find a way to remove the option to use the 'new' map.
See the edit above. But I'm likely to forget its existence again sometime. :( I don't really want to remove it, some people might like it. :D

Gantithoren

Aug 25, 2020
The girls are about as vanilla as it can get, on par with regular lizardmen and (almost) smuggler guards. Goblins are obviously weaker (exactly half as weak, in fact, but more focused on HP). Maybe I'll differentiate between various girl types at some point, but don't hold your breath.
Alas. It feels like our priestesses (At least, the higher end ones- not peasants, to be sure) should be considerably more capable.

See the edit above. But I'm likely to forget its existence again sometime. :( I don't really want to remove it, some people might like it. :D
Just to clarify, it's the one with the two text lists, not the map spread out all over the place. It doesn't have 'Island', it has 'Smugglers', which takes you into the smugglers, as I noted.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Alas. It feels like our priestesses (At least, the higher end ones- not peasants, to be sure) should be considerably more capable.
Well, they're better than most lower-tier dragonspawn. They're just not manticore- or drake-level capable. These are kinda delicate womenfolk, after all. :D

Peasants might actually be more martial than e.g. nuns, I think. There's a hidden 'endurance' stat that already sort of works that way.

Just to clarify, it's the one with the two text lists, not the map spread out all over the place.
Yes, I know. Will be fixed, but I'm a bit busy right now, and this is not a very critical bug.

Gantithoren

Aug 25, 2020
Well, they're better than most lower-tier dragonspawn. They're just not manticore- or drake-level capable. These are kinda delicate womenfolk, after all. :D

Peasants might actually be more martial than e.g. nuns, I think. There's a hidden 'endurance' stat that already sort of works that way.
*Shrug* Hey, your game.

Also, it's MUCH more playable now that we can reduce our infamy by throwing fights and the seals don't count down unless kingdom fear is active. Still challenging, but in a good way now. You have to actually think instead of rushing for anything that'll unlock the sacrifices.

Yes, I know. Will be fixed, but I'm a bit busy right now, and this is not a very critical bug.
Okay, good. I'm not always the best at making myself clear, so I wanted to be sure.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Also, it's MUCH more playable now that we can reduce our infamy by throwing fights and the seals don't count down unless kingdom fear is active.
I'm actually a little worried that this might make the seals too easy. I really like the constant pressure these bring. Maybe I'll add the dragon's personal fear into the calculations. Like a fifth or tenth of it, rounded down. This way, you have things under control until you hit Impressive size or go fear-based.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 8 Votes