Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

misterjoper

Apr 17, 2020
it's a wonder how a full plated knight mounted on a horse manages to swim underwater and find me Underwater Grotto and bringing all his equipment with him.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Edit: Another hotfix out!

...knight mounted on a horse manages to swim underwater...
It's a magic knight (or a magic horse). You can kill the latter. Well, you can kill the former, too, but I guess that's a bit too much to ask. :p

Edit:
It forces you to sleep and evolutions take away 10 satiety.

On top of losing 10 satienty for nothing, knight also gets to do additional check if he finds your lair.

Do you know how annoying it is to wake and have your first action cancelled?
I just checked, and the 'another day dawns' events do not progress evolutions, and they do not trigger knight/thief events. They might trigger the first thing in the morning, but it should only happen after over-exertion the previous day.

So I really don't understand where these complaints are coming from. :cautious:

Is there even a way to pause evolution?
Now there is, next to all the other lair options.

Yes I am certain, I reloaded my save several times and checked the EGG/ALL page each time.
Can't reproduce. Are you sure you're not missing the 'change page' arrows in addition to the 'change category' arrows? If not, I'll definitely need a save for this.

Also, getting a weird error after 4 years: attached the save.
Fixed.

Edit2: Still not sure what (if anything) to do about the following:
  • A starter boost for non-magic, non-steel, non-blue heads.
  • The green hatchery not being easily accessible to small dragons.
  • Advertising in the Defiler Wings thread.

Last edited:

Gantithoren

Aug 25, 2020
I don't really recall right now. I think burrow costs scale with size, but they shouldn't be near the satiety limits. I'll take a look and fix them if they are.
They seem to scale over them, IIRC. I'll try the new patch, see if that fixes it, but as is...

Orelix15

Feb 19, 2019
Here's a little guide for a surefire way to survive normal:

1. Get a head with at least 1 Mana as a starter, the Witch milking you is a must for early goblin hires
2. The most efficient way to get satiety is scouring the countryside, kill sheeps, eat ducks early on, kill pigs. You wont be able to kill cows till you get small and some upgrades.
3. Never fight against mobilization. Always run, this keeps infamity and fear low. Killing even the weakest Archer will give fear and pop seals.
4. Prioritize unlocking the theives guild. Knowing when to move before a knight gets you is crucial.
5. Dont bother making children till you can get better hatcheries. Girls are overated early on, and would be outperformed by goblins and guards. Goblins and guards are also expendible and reliable. The only downside is the gold cost. Gold which you can conveniently get from the witch Your children are not. Recruit beastkin if you are able.
6. When you can beat cow heards, skip the geese and only eat cows, sheep and pigs

Random tips:

Have a cycle for feeding, and lowering infamity. The main and hardest caps are Satiety and Fear. You want 0 fear at all times. Having even 1 fear breaks seals. Fast. REALLY fast. Be a sneaky dragon.

Do not fight knights, they will fuck you over, come back to rape the corpse, then rape whatever is left over again. Run till you can solo castle fights. They are that OP.

Spending gold to rob knights is a waste, use it to train/buy homonculus. Recruit girls that you can recruit to live a always on the move lifestyle till you can beat knights back

Dont waste time building up a lair you cant defend. Spend Satiety on your dragon first.

Move often and always. Do not try and father any children till you can beat the knight.

Be careful with devastation. You want less of it late game, as more generates more fear, which pops seals. You cannot sacrifice enough girls to offset high fear, even if you catch 15 in once go.

If you are out of health and out of food and is at least small/medium, go to the forest and hunt boars/deer. Boars give health back, and can be taken out if you have 4 goblins with you and a small dragon. Deers are free food

Jman9 Fear is being a big issue, I slept with 1 fear and popped 50 seals as a big dragon. Is this intended?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
A minor update to the hotfix, lair burrow costs.

They seem to scale over them, IIRC. I'll try the new patch, see if that fixes it, but as is...
Forgot about that. Renewed the hotfix.

Well, there's supposed to be a Bad End if you do witch milking too much. Not sure what 'too much' is, but keep it in mind.
That's unimplemented as of now, though. But the groundwork is there, sort of. So be wary of the future. :p

the Witch milking you is a must for early goblin hires
Fear and extorting peddlers ought to work as well.

The most efficient way to get satiety is scouring the countryside, kill sheeps, eat ducks early on, kill pigs. You wont be able to kill cows till you get small and some upgrades.

...skip the geese and only eat cows, sheep and pigs
Cows always give some infamy, so they're a bit bad. If you don't care about that, raiding farms and small villages is also a way to get all sorts of stuff, including satiety.

You can also eat or sell the girls you catch.

Dont bother making children till you can get better hatcheries.
Goblins and guards are also expendible and reliable. The only downside is the gold cost.
Yeah, mercs are costly and leave at the drop of a hat. And all your children are more combat-capable than goblins. I just enabled basilisks, leafzards and gargants for the green hatchery as well.

You want 0 fear at all times. Having even 1 fear breaks seals. Fast. REALLY fast. Be a sneaky dragon.
The hotfix made Impressive+ dragons always have some fear. No wiggling out of this one in the long run. :devilish:

And the ~0.5 seals per day ought to be manageable.

Do not fight knights, they will fuck you over, come back to rape the corpse, then rape whatever is left over again.
:LOL:

Spending gold to rob knights is a waste, use it to train/buy homonculus.
How so? A robbery hits the knight's power relatively hard.

Dont waste time building up a lair you cant defend.
Traps don't work against the knight?

Do not try and father any children till you can beat the knight.
You can't have 90 days of peace from the knight? If you get max satiety and sleep for a while, the knight only gets one trigger and you can hatch some minions to replace the mercenaries.

Be careful with devastation. You want less of it late game, as more generates more fear, which pops seals. You cannot sacrifice enough girls to offset high fear, even if you catch 15 in once go.
Non-max fear is 3 per day, and a good girl should be giving 10-15 seals per sacrifice. Maybe that's high, but under 15 fear is -2 seals, so a girl gives you a week of grace time. Still not enough?

Fear is being a big issue, I slept with 1 fear and popped 50 seals as a big dragon. Is this intended?
How long did you sleep and what was the fear situation?

Maybe the sacrifices need to become stronger again. Perhaps seal loss should downscale with sleep time?

Orelix15

Feb 19, 2019
How so? A robbery hits the knight's power relatively hard.
A permanent upgrade + moving around will do wonders vs sinking gold to knights who will get stronger again eventually

Traps don't work against the knight?
They do, not worth the energy you spend on it early on though. That satiety and energy could be put in the dragon getting upgrades. The knight gets too strong too fast for you to fight back if you focus purely on evolving your dragon, moreso if you use those resources to build a lair

You can't have 90 days of peace from the knight? If you get max satiety and sleep for a while, the knight only gets one trigger and you can hatch some minions to replace the mercenaries.
They do perform marginally better, but are not expendible. You have to factor in the satiety cost you need to actually hatch them. Mana, Lair, Cage, Hatchery etc. Hire some goons, let them die in fights, take the gold hit, you're good.

Non-max fear is 3 per day, and a good girl should be giving 10-15 seals per sacrifice. Maybe that's high, but under 15 fear is -2 seals, so a girl gives you a week of grace time. Still not enough?

How long did you sleep and what was the fear situation?
Try Save#2

Maybe the sacrifices need to become stronger again. Perhaps seal loss should downscale with sleep time?
Either that, or fear needs to go down faster etc, its a problem when you sleep and 30 seals get popped with 2 fear

misterjoper

Apr 17, 2020
so i tinker around a lot with a sleep time and i found out that if you go to sleep being small with 2/3 stamina it will ask for 3 days. If you sleep for 2 days it increase by 1. However if you sleep for 1 day it will increase also by just 1 day

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
A permanent upgrade + moving around will do wonders vs sinking gold to knights who will get stronger again eventually
Rob them again. :sneaky: 'Eventually' is good, 'quickly' is bad.

You're right about evolving being a priority, though. I'll also make the spike trap more deadly against the Knight herself.

They do, not worth the energy you spend on it early on though. That satiety and energy could be put in the dragon getting upgrades.
Evolving is slow, though. Is satiety really so limited you can't build traps and evolve at the same time? You should unlock the lizardman village and buy fish/meat again, if that's the case.

The knight gets too strong too fast for you to fight back if you focus purely on evolving your dragon, moreso if you use those resources to build a lair
Hmm, really? I thought knights came after your lair after maybe 6-8 upgrades, not fully pimped out? I might have to make a weaker base knight, then.

They do perform marginally better, but are not expendible. You have to factor in the satiety cost you need to actually hatch them. Mana, Lair, Cage, Hatchery etc. Hire some goons, let them die in fights, take the gold hit, you're good.
Minions level up faster and are generally more thematic. You can also only afford to lose one smuggler guard per week or run out of reinforcements, while minions are theoretically unlimited.

Some lairs have quite a long list of prebuilt buildings as well, including hatcheries. Like the forgotten temple or the wizard's tower.

Try Save#2
~30 seals lost for 60 days slept. Should be recoverable via 2-3 mid-tier sacrifices, leaving 8-9 actions free to do other things with. If you actually had a lair worth the name, that is. :p You have the forgotten temple in your list, that one has a free altar.

Some notes:
  • No lizardman village.
  • Unclaimed reward from the Witch.
  • No slave trade.
  • No homunculus despite being 10 years in, instead you spent your money on attack mastery. o_O
  • You do have the frozen hatchery. Did you beat the Jötun, or did you get it from the abandoned ice castle?
  • Are the fire heads against the Jötun?
  • Holy cow, that's a lot of unspent experience!
  • The Knight and Thief are really badass ! Maybe you should let them catch up every once in a while, so they'll retire and get replaced by weaker versions? :D
  • What are all these peasants for, midnight snacks? :p
Either that, or fear needs to go down faster etc, its a problem when you sleep and 30 seals get popped with 2 fear
This amount is only a problem when you don't have sacrificial altars. Which is intended.

Edit:
...found out that if you go to sleep being small with 2/3 stamina it will ask for 3 days. If you sleep for 2 days it increase by 1. However if you sleep for 1 day it will increase also by just 1 day
Small has a stamina recovery cycle of 1.5 days. Turn off 'restore' stamina evenly' if you want full control over how many days you sleep.

Orelix15

Feb 19, 2019
Cant spend experience fast enough for satiety to catch up, just is. Fear in Save 2 no longer goes down, for some reason even after a 180 days of sleeping. By mid tier sacrifice you mean nuns?

Save 2 dragon beat Jotun. He can also solo castle fights. Peasants are just byproducts of the unavoidable fights due to fear

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Fear in Save 2 no longer goes down, for some reason even after a 180 days of sleeping.
Depending on which hotfix you're on, there's now a minimum fear based on size. Your dragon is Huge, so it's 2 fear. 1 fear for Impressive.

By mid tier sacrifice you mean nuns?
The average of townswomen and nuns, even.

Peasants are just byproducts of the unavoidable fights due to fear
Unavoidable fights due to fear? The sacrifices?

prehot

Jun 25, 2020
Seems i am having issues uploading on f95.
Hope the link works. Its after winning the old manor fight a black screen regarding stamina consumption.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Can you upload it somewhere that doesn't require entering information? I'm not making another throwaway account just for one link.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Ah, that. I just finished fixing it. And you can actually safely ignore that message.

There's nothing really wrong there, it's just a reminder to myself to make things line up better.

How'd you get the really advanced eggs? Edit: Ah, the homunculi. Damn, gotta change those.

And you people are really abusing the hell out of Darkwood, getting all these beastkin gals. Normally, you're supposed to get hit with a lot of other (bad) events before the RNG gods give you girls. :unsure:

Last edited:

Orelix15

Feb 19, 2019
Seals and Fear is still a problem, if you devote yourself to purely sacrificing every girl you get, nun, burghers, oni even peasants etc, it costs more fear to actually get them. Eventually this leads to a downward spiral of you spending 12 action points in getting girls, sacrificing all of them, and still have more seals popping that you are sacrificing

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Seals and Fear is still a problem, if you devote yourself to purely sacrificing every girl you get, nun, burghers, oni even peasants etc, it costs more fear to actually get them.
It does? If you have 10-14 fear (which ought to be the maximum you have to handle on a regular basis), you lose 2 seals per day. The longest you have to sleep per action is 10 days, +1 for actually spending that action. So it 'costs' you 22 seals per action. Noble virgins restore an average of 14 seals now, 20 seals when the next update hits. Angels are 39/59.

That is all with mandatory 10 fear, i.e. maximum-size dragon. If you're Gargantuan or below, you suddenly only need to handle 7+ fear, losing a single seal per day and having a sleep cycle of 8+1 days per action. Stealing one noble girl per day leaves 5/14 of your schedule free, 11/20 when I update.

Noble girls can be had with some regularity from the city and certain encounters. If all else fails, Hakim should have 2-3 nobles and an elf for sale each month.

Orelix15

Feb 19, 2019
You still need to deal with the knight, restore your HP via sleeping, Mobilization eating your actions, not getting girls during the encounter, your lair eating satiety + actions. If you base it purely on action points, the math would add up. RNG from actually getting girls needs to be factored in. If its purely RNG, theoreticall you can have 0 girls using up 15 action points, if we're talking about pseudo RNG though itll be different.

Maybe use pseudo RNG so that you will always get the necessary amount while raiding villages with the maximum fear factored in +2 for or +5 actions for actually doing something else rather than purely sacrificing them.

Beastkin is fine atm, you will lose them anyway if the knight catches you, plus they arent that strong if you recruit them. You'd really not wanna waste points going into the darkwoods later on anyway as you have more important things to worry about. I had 3 beastkin with me 2 hours into the game cause I didnt let the knight catch up, thats about 100 action points spent in the darkwoods

What unlocks the village? Only lizardmen? It's too gated if its only lizardmen imo, maybe let cockatice kobolds etc factor in that too. Eggs that give 3+ maybe?

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes