Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Thank you for the game. I really enjoy it.
Thank the Old Huntsman, Arhin Mahariel and Eliont. They did most of the real work, I'm just adding a few extra touches.

...a few kinks to work out. I have gotten around most.
If you can share them, I'd appreciate it. Even if I'm ultimately not going to solve things to your way, I may still get some ideas what to do next.

...lovely tidbit of holy hell:

File "game/_script/lair/lair - rooms.rpy", line 92, in execute
for item in [x for x in lair.inventory.get_by_item_group('core') if minion_raw[x.spawn]['power_needed'] <= room.max_power]:

...how do I fix this?
Yeah, that's a pretty impressive traceback for such a tiny bug. o_O Just go to the indicated file and line and delete the 'if minion_raw[x.spawn]['power_needed'] <= room.max_power' part. Stone hatchery is so rad it doesn't have a 'max' to its power. :cool:

I feel jewelcrafting is too heavy nerfed with the stamina cost added to it.
A stamina cost of 6 hours per treasure is not so excessive, I think. How many people do you know who can make a passable gem-encrusted bracelet in that time? :p

I suppose I can add a time discount based on the number of active workshops, just like you get a mastery bonus from them. So each workshop beyond the first reduces time spent by half an hour, down to a half-hour minimum, just like they add 5 mastery.

The big problem here is that the results are priced pretty weirdly, and I couldn't really gather the courage to try and penetrate WTF the principles behind that are. So right now, you have to be pretty careful about picking the right materials if you want to make a profit.

The high-end materials seem to be very tricky, but you can still make a tidy profit with the rest. E.g. an earring from a 'little Mithril ingot' with an 'exceptional black diamond' costs you <7 gold and can be worth up to 60 gold, and an 'average' version is priced at 15. If you switch to an 'exceptional Adamantium ingot', it'll cost 25 and be worth up to 80 gold (20 'average'). The jeweler pays half price, so both can make you a profit, but the first one is a much better investment and the second loses you money most of the time.

Can somebody tell me how to recover mana...

Please help!!!!
Calm down, man, you're a dragon, Terror of the Free Nations and Scourge of the Countryside, not a prissy magical girl who suddenly lost her powers. :D This little magic thingy will be cleared up shortly... didn't the Witch tell you to, er, scratch her back or something?

AshKing

Mar 5, 2020
Thank the Old Huntsman, Arhin Mahariel and Eliont. They did most of the real work, I'm just adding a few extra touches.

If you can share them, I'd appreciate it. Even if I'm ultimately not going to solve things to your way, I may still get some ideas what to do next.

Yeah, that's a pretty impressive traceback for such a tiny bug. o_O Just go to the indicated file and line and delete the 'if minion_raw[x.spawn]['power_needed'] <= room.max_power' part. Stone hatchery is so rad it doesn't have a 'max' to its power. :cool:

A stamina cost of 6 hours per treasure is not so excessive, I think. How many people do you know who can make a passable gem-encrusted bracelet in that time? :p

I suppose I can add a time discount based on the number of active workshops, just like you get a mastery bonus from them. So each workshop beyond the first reduces time spent by half an hour, down to a half-hour minimum, just like they add 5 mastery.

The big problem here is that the results are priced pretty weirdly, and I couldn't really gather the courage to try and penetrate WTF the principles behind that are. So right now, you have to be pretty careful about picking the right materials if you want to make a profit.

The high-end materials seem to be very tricky, but you can still make a tidy profit with the rest. E.g. an earring from a 'little Mithril ingot' with an 'exceptional black diamond' costs you <7 gold and can be worth up to 60 gold, and an 'average' version is priced at 15. If you switch to an 'exceptional Adamantium ingot', it'll cost 25 and be worth up to 80 gold (20 'average'). The jeweler pays half price, so both can make you a profit, but the first one is a much better investment and the second loses you money most of the time.

Calm down, man, you're a dragon, Terror of the Free Nations and Scourge of the Countryside, not a prissy magical girl who suddenly lost her powers. :D This little magic thingy will be cleared up shortly... didn't the Witch tell you to, er, scratch her back or something?
I know man but the thing is that now for her second quest she says she needs 0 buckets of seed and by the way, scratch her back??? I assume that there is a size requirement for more coven options?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I know man but the thing is that now for her second quest she says she needs 0 buckets of seed
If it's zero, you're halfway there.

...and by the way, scratch her back???
Well, maybe not her back. You're definitely scratching something. ;)

I assume that there is a size requirement for more coven options?
Yes, medium size.

Edit: How did you get her to say '0 buckets', anyway? Shouldn't be possible...

Edit2:
The witches task is to drink a potion and knock up the queen at the human capital. You get to experiment how you like.
You can also experiment with the potion in other ways. Go see a nun, visit the brothel, etc. Or use the virility boost to impregnate a rare captive. You can always buy another potion at the shop if you run out.

Last edited:

prehot

Jun 25, 2020
IIRC to get the magic quest started you need to be rested(full stamina) and have at least 30 ish satiety so you might want to cease evolving for a sleep cycle to get that going. Also its been said before you need medium size evolution done but it seems you got that already.

prehot

Jun 25, 2020
Getting an error with the milking farm when i place the demon in it. Ignore makes it give no milk also it seems something regarding expenses or something.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Jman and whoever can help me Take a look
You're not 'rested'. Lack of satiety, actions, lust, health, too much rage... All of those can block you from starting your laughing... er, magic school. :D

Getting an error with the milking farm when i place the demon in it.
Try the new '3d' hotfix. Yeah, I never realized how much I wanted to have at least something in my life with version number 3D. :p

Rorahusky

Feb 12, 2020
Okay, there has to be more ways to reduce Mobilization other than just rising the Poverty level until they have to disband or killing random dudes out in the field, because I have been beelining it all the way to try and unlock the Smuggler's Isle and I still have stupid high Mobilization, which means that almost every patrol I run into is an automatic reload because I can't fucking deal with full knights with just my dragon and some goblins.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Okay, there has to be more ways to reduce Mobilization other than just rising the Poverty level until they have to disband or killing random dudes out in the field
There are: either kill the patrols themselves before they become too dangerous, or don't accrue too much infamy if your dragon can't handle the heat yet. Worst case, throw a few fights to reduce infamy.

...because I have been beelining it all the way to try and unlock the Smuggler's Isle
Beelining there may not be the best idea. If your dragon is kinda weak, you can miss out on some sidequest rewards as well, depending on your choices.

...every patrol I run into is an automatic reload
Don't reload, run away.

...full knights with just my dragon and some goblins.
Maybe get some children first? Cockatrices perhaps.

prehot

Jun 25, 2020
Just got the heal spell and i couldn't use it more than once so far with 4 mana available during 2 consecutive fights. IDK if its because of the mad scholar event that it bugged or what.
Edit : Also tried to use milk and you get no units to use it on(at least you cant use it on wounded homunculus)

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
You get 50 HP back. That's quite a lot, actually. Would you prefer 10 HP per heal?

prehot

Jun 25, 2020
You get 50 HP back. That's quite a lot, actually. Would you prefer 10 HP per heal?
You can only cast it maybe 3 times per sleep cycle even at endgame when your hp will reach 500 ish?
So it loses value then and you cannot use it unless you pump yourself with a lot of sparks i guess.
Guess being used with the old mana cost what was it 1 man for 100 ish hp heal makes it feel like a big nerf. Not sure what the fair values would be imho but 5 seems too taxing.
Is it for all game difficulties 5? Or just the hard setting makes it cost more?
Also in the endgame there are enemies where 50 hp means 2 normal attacks mitigation. And they have 1k hp+. It feels idk too weak for endgame enemies.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
You can only cast it maybe 3 times per sleep cycle even at endgame when your hp will reach 500 ish?
Depends on your build. A max-size, health-focused dragon can have up to 1660 HP. Maximum mana is 126. A plain max-size dragon has 1300 HP and 22 mana.

So it loses value
It doesn't 'lose value', the absolute and per-mana benefit remain the same. It just isn't so front-loaded anymore.

And the primary use a big bad dragon has for healing is keeping minions alive, who are a lot squishier than him.

...a lot of sparks i guess.
And yes, there are also sparks and magic island manacrystals.

Guess being used with the old mana cost what was it 1 man for 100 ish hp
I think it was 1 mana per 50 HP, which was stupidly cheap. Rest recovery of one mana point is the same as for 10HP, and evolutions are also priced using a similar ratio. So 1 mana per 10HP seemed fitting, and I don't want to have the healing be too powerful since, well, who's ever heard of a dragon healer? :D

Is it for all game difficulties 5? Or just the hard setting makes it cost more?
All of them. The differences between the difficulties are pretty minor as such things go.

Also in the endgame there are enemies where 50 hp means 2 normal attacks mitigation.
Then you're up by one attack, aren't you?

And they have 1k hp+.
Only on hard+. Read the warnings. :p

It feels idk too weak for endgame enemies.
You're not supposed to outheal endgame enemies (or anyone, for that matter). Healing is there as a strategic choice, for keeping a selected minion alive, tipping the scales in your favour in a close contest, converting extra mana into HP if you have a sudden need for it, etc. You're meant to ouddamage them by selecting the proper heads.

AshKing

Mar 5, 2020
I did it!!!! Sorry everyone it was a small glitch, already solved with the help of a friend. Well, now to have fun jejejejejejeje

pretorian man

Jun 21, 2017
You should put this "mod" on the main thread. It's much more in depth than the original in my opinion. I've got the feeling that it doesn't get the attention it desereves.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
You should put this "mod" on the main thread.
But it is in the main thread? If the current link too hard to spot, I guess you can send your amendment proposal to Dank Quixote.

I've thought about advertising in the Defiler Wings thread as well, but it feels kinda cheeky to do that... :unsure:

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes