Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
You still need to...
That's why the general calculus is 1 seal/day, 8+1 sleep cycle or better, and at least 20 seals per sacrifice. This way, you'll have about half your schedule free to do other things with, more if you can find higher-quality sacrifices.

...RNG from actually getting girls needs to be factored in. If its purely RNG, theoreticall you can have 0 girls...
Hakim is there to guard against that.

pseudo RNG
I don't think you mean an actual PRNG, since Ren'Py's default RNG already is one, the 'Mersenne Twister'.

...so that you will always get the necessary amount while raiding villages...
Villages are too low-tier for that level of play. Villages help you when you're still below 5 fear, i.e. at most Large.

...with the maximum fear factored in...
I don't want to just make it busywork, there has to be a chance to fail if you mismanage things or are unlucky.

Beastkin is fine atm, you will lose them anyway if the knight catches you...
Why? They should survive as minions... :confused:

You'd really not wanna waste points going into the darkwoods later on anyway as you have more important things to worry about.
Darkwood gives you a neat lair, some cool fights, and the rare demon/fireling girls. I'd say it's still an interesting place to go into later in the game, although maybe not if you're struggling to survive.

I had 3 beastkin...
...100 action points spent in the darkwoods
Okay, that's reasonable.

What unlocks the village? Only lizardmen?
Eggs that give 3+ maybe?
Lizardman variants starting with Crocs, so exactly those from 3+ eggs.

Orelix15

Feb 19, 2019
The current calc for sacrifices isnt implemented yet right?

You'd still need to raid villages, purely for satiety, they are stable vs lets say going to the captital and getting a princess. Higher tier sacrifices needs a stronger dragon, and they are really hard to find.

Minions dont carry over if you dont win the fight against the knight, nothing does, thus having beastkin early on is a choice if you'd just let them go via running from the knight or not getting caught in the first place via switching out lairs. Early on, you stand no chance against knights anyway. Naked or not

I dont seem to see Alvs anymore, what unlocks them now?

Quick Qs:
What's the tier list on the minions?
What's the tier list on girls?
What route do you go for and your cycles?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
The current calc for sacrifices isnt implemented yet right?
Yes, the numbers for 3c are still the same as in this post.

You'd still need to raid villages, purely for satiety, they are stable vs lets say going to the captital and getting a princess.
Good point, although the lizardman village ought to help there.

Higher tier sacrifices needs a stronger dragon, and they are really hard to find.
You can hunt for carriages directly if you have wings. Or try for elves if you have 10+ mana, the mist-dispelling effect lingers for a few days.

Minions dont carry over if you dont win the fight against the knight
My bad. I'll make the minions survive, although with heavy wounds.

Early on, you stand no chance against knights anyway.
I'm introducing a 'young knight' who is personally about half as combat capable as the regular version. The badass knights start coming after you when your reputation level hits 8.

As a side note, you won't be able to reduce your reputation all the way to 0 anymore. You can only go about as low as a quarter of your highest reputation ever.

Similar to the previous, there's now a concept of 'sleep debt'. If you sleep less than required for full stamina recovery, a quarter of the remaining time goes into a 'sleep debt' pool. Once that pool hits your full sleep period (recovery from 0 stamina), you will be forced to sleep the full amount of time.

I dont seem to see Alvs anymore, what unlocks them now?
Same as always, a high poverty event, destroying their Tree, or just entering the Enchanted Forest.

Edit: There are also Alves in the sacrifice list, the Wizard's Tower, a special one and occasional randoms (for sale, not for immediate banging :)) at the Brothel, and ~1 per month from Hakim.

What's the tier list on the minions?
Look at the Army screen's list order. Plus the 'power' ratings there are about the same as a minion's 'power' stat. It's not entirely indicative of combat ability, but it's a good enough estimate.

What's the tier list on girls?
Angel > demon > fireling/ice maiden > elf/beastkin/oni > noble > nun/mermaid > townswoman > peasant.

What route do you go for and your cycles?
Me personally? Infinite delaying route aka sandbox. :D About cycles can't say right now, since I haven't gotten to actually playing the mod much of late. :(

Last edited:

Orelix15

Feb 19, 2019
Will a new version come out soon? I wanna start a new dragon, id rather start when the new one comes out though

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Well, I could make a release today/tomorrow. But the problem is that I'm not certain I won't be introducing more changes that would require a new game the day after that. :sneaky:

Another issue is that I'm re-adding the three original DW movies, which will eat another ~150 Mb of bandwidth.

So I'd rather wait a little and make another bigger release.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
That one's easy - find the relevant function in 'lair - classes.rpy' and add the '2*', like this:
Code:
        def sacrifice_seal(self):
            sparks = self.selected_character.power + self.selected_character.energy + 2*self.selected_character.core_power

zoomrocket

Dec 27, 2019
How are you getting fear so high? I am on the quest to get 5 fear and 5 poverty and fear resets every sleep cycle, to the point that I cannot build enough fear... My infamy is well over the mobilization equivalent and poverty is also high.

Edit: I also have 13 fear from anatomy
Edit 2: figured it out, but my fear still drops 100% each sleep cycle

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I am on the quest to get 5 fear and 5 poverty and fear resets every sleep cycle, to the point that I cannot build enough fear...
You need 5 fear and 5 mobilization, so at least 10 reputation level (or a Monstrous dragon). And also 5 poverty, which is a bug (should be 25 now that poverty goes up to 100). 5 poverty won't change much anything.

poverty is also high.
I guess that's the problem.

Your mobilization needs to go towards 5, which means either starting with more than 5 and going down by killing patrols or raising poverty, or going up by staying at poverty/10 (rounded down) being less than [reputation level - 5].

I also have 13 fear from anatomy
Personal fear doesn't affect kingdom-wide fear.

Edit:
figured it out, but my fear still drops 100% each sleep cycle
That should only happen with massive poverty and a dragon who's at most Large.
The other way around, you can't have any poverty over 9. Still at most a Large dragon. And the sleep cycle needs to be at least [fear] weeks long. Or there's another bug somewhere. :confused:

Last edited:

prehot

Jun 25, 2020
So i fought the white lion lair and now my vombat ui is showing only the dragon in my party. The combat rolls go on normally but it will be hard to heal my minions effectively in the harder fights so if you know any way i can fix it id be thankfull.

zoomrocket

Dec 27, 2019
So i fought the white lion lair and now my vombat ui is showing only the dragon in my party. The combat rolls go on normally but it will be hard to heal my minions effectively in the harder fights so if you know any way i can fix it id be thankfull.
I've had this issue, seems to go away by creating a new squad and disbanding the first one. Hopefully that helps isolate the bug as well.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
...my vombat ui is showing only the dragon in my party
...if you know any way i can fix it id be thankfull.
My bad. Use the attached files. Or follow the above advice.

Something is wrong with your attack mastery, though. Where did you get 21 of it without training at all?!

Also, you have Crocs, but haven't used them to unlock the lizardman village.

zoomrocket: What's was the deal with your fear dropping too fast? Too much poverty and lots of sleep, or something else?

prehot

Jun 25, 2020
My bad. Use the attached files. Or follow the above advice.

Something is wrong with your attack mastery, though. Where did you get 21 of it without training at all?!

Also, you have Crocs, but haven't used them to unlock the lizardman village.

zoomrocket: What's was the deal with your fear dropping too fast? Too much poverty and lots of sleep, or something else?
Darkwood. I save scum and i went for some extra attack with the excess stamina from my cycles. Also i think beating the lion gave me some extra but im not sure.
Unlocking the lizardman via croc is releasing 1 in the kinkdom?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Darkwood. I save scum and i went for some extra attack with the excess stamina from my cycles.
Oh, yeah. I'll cap that to a more reasonable level, and the HP gains as well.

Also i think beating the lion gave me some extra but im not sure.
No, that just gave you a temporary attack buff of +6. Unless there's another damn bug. :(

Unlocking the lizardman via croc is releasing 1 in the kinkdom?
And waiting 30 days.

acronon

May 24, 2018
Thank you for the game. I really enjoy it. Like anything good and worth playing, it has a few kinks to work out. I have gotten around most. The one I can't seem to sidestep is: Every time I click the stone hatchery to assign an egg, it errors out and i get this lovely tidbit of holy hell:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/_script/lair/lair - sleep report.rpy", line 60, in script call
call lb_event_knight_go_to_lair
File "game/_script/lair/lair - label.rpy", line 38, in script call
python:
python:
File "game/_script/lair/lair - label.rpy", line 2, in script call
call lair(from_assign = True)
python:
python:
python:
python:
python:
python:
python:
File "renpy/common/00console.rpy", line 802, in script call
python in _console:
File "game/_script/lair/lair - label.rpy", line 38, in script
python:
File "game/_script/lair/lair - label.rpy", line 120, in <module>
result = ui.interact()
File "game/_script/lair/lair - rooms.rpy", line 49, in execute
screen lair_hatchery(room=lair.room_view):
File "game/_script/lair/lair - rooms.rpy", line 51, in execute
frame background Solid((0,0,0,200)) at context_help:
File "game/_script/lair/lair - rooms.rpy", line 52, in execute
fixed:
File "game/_script/lair/lair - rooms.rpy", line 53, in execute
vbox xalign 0.5 spacing 50:
File "game/_script/lair/lair - rooms.rpy", line 57, in execute
if room.busy:
File "game/_script/lair/lair - rooms.rpy", line 68, in execute
side "c l" xalign 0.5 xmaximum (config.screen_width) xfill true:
File "game/_script/lair/lair - rooms.rpy", line 69, in execute
viewport id "lair_hatchery":
File "game/_script/lair/lair - rooms.rpy", line 78, in execute
hbox xalign 0.5 box_wrap true:
File "game/_script/lair/lair - rooms.rpy", line 79, in execute
if room.id == 'green_mana_crystal':
File "game/_script/lair/lair - rooms.rpy", line 92, in execute
for item in [x for x in lair.inventory.get_by_item_group('core') if minion_raw[x.spawn]['power_needed'] <= room.max_power]:
AttributeError: 'Room' object has no attribute 'max_power'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
python:
python:
File "game/_script/lair/lair - label.rpy", line 2, in script call
call lair(from_assign = True)
python:
python:
python:
python:
python:
python:
python:
File "renpy/common/00console.rpy", line 802, in script call
python in _console:
File "game/_script/lair/lair - label.rpy", line 38, in script
python:
File "D:\AGames\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\AGames\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/_script/lair/lair - label.rpy", line 120, in <module>
result = ui.interact()
File "D:\AGames\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\AGames\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\AGames\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\display\core.py", line 3074, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\AGames\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\display\core.py", line 534, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "D:\AGames\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\display\core.py", line 534, in visit_all
File "D:\AGames\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\display\screen.py", line 424, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "D:\AGames\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\display\core.py", line 3074, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\AGames\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in per_interact
self.update()
File "D:\AGames\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\display\screen.py", line 619, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/_script/lair/lair - rooms.rpy", line 51, in execute
frame background Solid((0,0,0,200)) at context_help:
File "game/_script/lair/lair - rooms.rpy", line 52, in execute
fixed:
File "game/_script/lair/lair - rooms.rpy", line 53, in execute
vbox xalign 0.5 spacing 50:
File "game/_script/lair/lair - rooms.rpy", line 57, in execute
if room.busy:
File "game/_script/lair/lair - rooms.rpy", line 68, in execute
side "c l" xalign 0.5 xmaximum (config.screen_width) xfill true:
File "game/_script/lair/lair - rooms.rpy", line 69, in execute
viewport id "lair_hatchery":
File "game/_script/lair/lair - rooms.rpy", line 78, in execute
hbox xalign 0.5 box_wrap true:
File "game/_script/lair/lair - rooms.rpy", line 79, in execute
if room.id == 'green_mana_crystal':
File "game/_script/lair/lair - rooms.rpy", line 92, in execute
for item in [x for x in lair.inventory.get_by_item_group('core') if minion_raw[x.spawn]['power_needed'] <= room.max_power]:
File "<screen language>", line 92, in <module>
AttributeError: 'Room' object has no attribute 'max_power'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Время для Драконов: Королевство Монстров 28-09-20
Mon Oct 05 11:55:20 2020

As this is THE HATCHERY, how do I fix this?

Rorahusky

Feb 12, 2020
Okay, how do you gain access to the smuggler's den? Because I for the life of me can't figure out how, and that's a problem when knights and thieves grow ever more powerful.

acronon

May 24, 2018
Okay, how do you gain access to the smuggler's den? Because I for the life of me can't figure out how, and that's a problem when knights and thieves grow ever more powerful.
A quick guide for the smugglers den.
1.) You have to go to the ruins (title of location changes to witch coven after first visit) and help the witch first. Takes a lot of laughing.
2.) After you evolve to a certain size, medium i think, the witch will fly over and mention she has another "task for you".
The witches task is to drink a potion and knock up the queen at the human capital. You get to experiment how you like. I suggest saving! Just remember your goal.
3.) After knocking up the queen, give it time, and she will give birth to an orc. Orc gets tossed into the ocean and winds up at smugglers cove.
4.) Meet your kid, be honest who you are, give him time, and he sets up smugglers island with den.

prehot

Jun 25, 2020
I feel jewelcrafting is too heavy nerfed with the stamina cost added to it.
Just tested it to level to 70 it ate 13 stamina and it was a net gold loss of about 100 gold. To make it remotely profitable i feel it will require so much stamina that you couldnt support it along with getting the mats to level it up there.
I remember getting levels 500+ in the previous patch and i dont think even at those levels it woul beat straight up selling the raw mats to the jewelcrafter.
Maybe remove the stamina drain from it or something.
As it stands now workshop is a bad investment since you only lose gold and a ton of stamina from it.

AshKing

Mar 5, 2020
Can somebody tell me how to recover mana, be it at witch coven, lair or anyplace else, because i have to create the first hatchery and it requests 2 mana, also my counter is always 0/2 mana and it does not recover while sleeping.Is it size or anything else? What do i have to do? Please help!!!!

Gantithoren

Aug 25, 2020
Can somebody tell me how to recover mana, be it at witch coven, lair or anyplace else, because i have to create the first hatchery and it requests 2 mana, also my counter is always 0/2 mana and it does not recover while sleeping.Is it size or anything else? What do i have to do? Please help!!!!
You need to unlock the ability to use magic first, which does require witch coven interactions. Prepare to be laughed at a lot.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes