Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I'd argue that an angelic knight or demonic thief is really special.
Angelic knights and demonic thieves are already pretty unique. You (will) need to be level 40 and power 16 or 17 to have the tiniest chance of obtaining one, on top of defeating her in the first place. That means a 'colossal' dragon, just one size below the maximum.

Maybe I should try and produce a unique angelic knight? I kinda suck at coding, though...
I wouldn't mind a 'special' knight, but I'm not intending to work on one myself. And I will most likely have to modify any code anyway, so feel free to just come up with a detailed spec/story script for her.

More so then a princess/elven enchantress/whathaveyou.
These are all non-unique. The unique ones have specific storylines, and there are maybe 7 total in the game, with two being mutually exclusive.

Also, sorry for the delay, life kinda kicked my ass for a bit there.
I was starting to feel kinda abandoned, like a splotchy kitten... :p Nah, it's okay, I'm trying to shorten my todo list today. No pride system yet, but at least you can go fishing now. :D

As an aside, how are people's feelings about the enforced seals decay on normal? I'm not planning to remove it from the higher difficulties, inlcuding 'normal+', but I could be persuaded that the mobilization penalty is bad enough already.

I'm also having a bit of trouble coming up with a 'mercy'-related infamy decrease. The only part that fits thematically is when the girls are taunting you, which mostly means the encounter will end up being infamy-neutral.

But releasing them from the lair or even passing by some random gals in the forest doesn't really feel like a situation that would lead to an infamy loss. If a bunch of peasant girls see the dragon waddle by and give them the evil eye, they are not going to say 'See, Draky isn't so bad, he hardly noticed us.' They will run back to the village and go 'Eeeek! The Dragon is prowling in the woods, he will come and steal babies/babes in the night! Halp! Call the King's men!'

Or if you release a lass even without impregnating her, she won't go home and say 'Oh, it wasn't so bad, I got a tour of the hoard and only had to surrender my grandmother's necklace as an entrance fee. And the goblins were cute!' She will lament that 'The Dragon stole my grandma's necklace! And I had to sleep in a damp cave, and the mean goblins stared at me and I barely escaped with my virtue intact and... Bwaah!' So, yeah... :cautious:

Last edited:

Gantithoren

Aug 25, 2020
As an aside, how are people's feelings about the enforced seals decay on normal? I'm not planning to remove it from the higher difficulties, inlcuding 'normal+', but I could be persuaded that the mobilization penalty is bad enough already.
Idunno, my current problem is keeping myself fed. I keep getting Ogres and bulls and windmills, not sheep. I might be able to provide feedback after that 'hunt for food' option gets added and it's less of a struggle to feed yourself.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Have you tried raiding villages and merchants? Small villages give 30+ food per try, peddlers 25+, and both ought to be doable with a goblin party even with some mobilization. If you're medium+ and have some better minions, medium and large villages might also be viable.

And I'll see if I can get the extra hunts into a hotfix. Nope, not possible. :( I'm currently in the middle of adding some mountain fights.

Gantithoren

Aug 25, 2020
Have you tried raiding villages and merchants? Small villages give 30+ food per try, peddlers 25+, and both ought to be doable with a goblin party even with some mobilization. If you're medium+ and have some better minions, medium and large villages might also be viable.
Just cracked small. I was hoping it'd ease up a bit as I gained a little power and could theoretically snatch solo pigs and sheep, but... Not so much. I got a string of nothing but windmills, storehouses, bulls and ogres from when I woke up to when I went back to sleep. Maybe I should have kicked over a lonely farm or two. While I was trying to keep my infamy down, I guess starvation is more hazardous.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
One thing I learned playing on draconian, once you have your goblin setup and small size (or some other evolution that gives you +1 power) and reduce mobilization back down to <5, you can raid the lone farm for very weak farmgirls and some other booty. If you then eat the girl, your net satiety gain is 15 (chickens) + 5-15 (the girl) + 4-10 (dog or dog+peasant) = 24-40. Plus some XP and maybe a few trinkets. That's not bad for a single AP and at worst the loss of one goblin.

These girls are also a good way to raise the stats on your goblins, but that requires building cages, which is perhaps a little premature. If you choose 'destroy' instead of 'rob', the gains are smaller, but you're guaranteed a ruin you can make a lair in, which is somewhat better than the ravine.

Edit: Relying on the herds without the 'hunt' option is pretty tedious indeed. And the hunting depletes your favourite herds quite fast, so you have to branch out. Fortunately, there will also be bunnies and foxes to eat.

Edit2: I'm also including the option to start as small or medium regardless of difficulty in case you're bored of replaying the early stages of the game.

Edit3: Also, if you can eat the girl, even a lone farm + throwing fights is better than stealing single sheep/pigs. Every 7 days you can do 5 raids for ~30 satiety and 5*2 infamy and throw two fights to eliminate that infamy. Stealing pigs for the same amount of time - and ignoring the fact that it's not reliable while farms are 100% reliable without mobilization, plus all the XP and loot from the farms - will give you only 7*20 = 140 satiety vs 150 from the farms. And small villages are quite a bit better than that.

Last edited:

misterjoper

Apr 17, 2020
Captured the Angelic knight. Lost 4 basilisk minions which had about 400 HP and average of 30 atack. She can give birth to 3 Sucubbus minions before dying. (they suck). It's better to recruit her.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Captured the Angelic knight.
Looks a bit early. What was your dragon's level?

She can give birth to 3 Sucubbus minions before dying.
What do you mean, 'before dying'? She doesn't have some sort of incurable disease, now does she? :oops:

And an angel can give you the best minion in the game, the Demonspawn. But only if she's still a virgin (no tentacle traps!) and your virility is high enough.

(they suck).
Once you can no longer stack draining on basilisks, they will be considerably better. Then your basilisks will cap out at 120HP(33% armour)/8-20DAM and succubi at 160HP/20-60DAM. They're glass cannons, but pretty good ones. And they will have flight whereas basilisks don't (so no more sky encounters with a basilisk squad).

It's better to recruit her.
Knights make good minions, yes.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
My dragon size is large.
Yeah, that's a bug. Will be fixed. You're not supposed to get even elven knights yet, just nobles at best.

What's the deal with her getting only 3 offspring before dying? You drained her to death, didn't you? :cry:

Edit: You can take screenshots with the 'S' key. No need to broadcast your desktop to the world. :cautious:

Also, why is your infamy so high? You can beat all the high-mobilization enemies and don't care any longer?

Last edited:

misterjoper

Apr 17, 2020
I needed EXP so I went for that 150 infamy quest. However that's what got that knight after me... And a high lvl thief which i had to assasinate.
I did not drain her in any way, since i was planning on recruiting her, after she gives some birth.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Oh, yeah, the XP. I'm adding establishing the Lizardman village as another quest at that point.

Still, why did she die? Maintenance issues, the tentacles, she just ran away?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Ah, it's the 'death during childbirth' mechanic? You're not putting such valuable prisoners into tentacle pits or milk farms? Edit: Oh, I think you don't have either of those yet. Bummer. :cautious: Edit2: No, you have the elven lair, which should come with four pits pre-installed.

And affection alone doesn't make her escape-proof. There are many factors that govern how likely it is for a captive to escape. Edit2: Her martial ability alone would neutralise even max affection and your lair's 'inaccessibility' bonus. You must have a lot of defenses, very docile other captives, or you're just keeping her injured a lot, since the elven lair isn't terribly escape-proof.

Last edited:

Waphles

Jan 9, 2019
Dumb question or possible bug. I don't see an answer in the thread. When I download the game, extract and apply the hotfix, I can't start a new game. There is no main menu. The game just launches into this save file that has maxed stats. When I try to return to the main menu, it just goes back to that save file. I can't start a new game.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
...can't start a new game. There is no main menu. The game just launches into this save file that has maxed stats.
You're launching in debug mode. Disable it under 'Settings' -> 'debug mode'.

I'm not sure why, since I'm not including the options file in the archives and debug mode should default to 'off'. Possibly a remnant from trying the vanilla 1.1.1 game?

And the stats in debug mode are far from being 'maxed'. :cool:

Waphles

Jan 9, 2019
You're launching in debug mode. Disable it under 'Settings' -> 'debug mode'.

I'm not sure why, since I'm not including the options file in the archives and debug mode should default to 'off'. Possibly a remnant from trying the vanilla 1.1.1 game?

And the stats in debug mode are far from being 'maxed'. :cool:
Thank you. That was it. I tried the vanilla game yesterday. It ended just as you hit your stride and none of the resistance mechanics were being used (all zeros). I figured there had to be more, so I enabled debug and just to see and didn't notice a difference. I deleted the game and the directory, but I guess some of the settings remained in the cache. That was a fast response. Thanks again.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
That was it.
Glad it got cleared up.

...vanilla game yesterday. It ended just as you hit your stride...
Yeah, that's why I'm making this mod. The game has so much potential, but it's either not realised or done in a roundabout way. And I'm a bit... well, read my profile description. :D

...I guess some of the settings remained in the cache.
All Ren'Py games leave a folder somewhere in your (depending on OS and game), and to truly delete everything you need to wipe that as well. Or the saves and settings come back with a vengeance. :p

prehot

Jun 25, 2020
1603743513468.png
55 fear and i still cant extort them. Them fearless dwarves(what level fear is it needed and what treasure do they hold even for that ungodly fear requirements).

PS How do you unlock the flying city questline(i forgot what was the starting point for it) and how do you get the antelope and phoenix in darkwood unlocked?

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Them fearless dwarves(what level fear is it needed and what treasure do they hold even for that ungodly fear requirements).
This is me trolling the player. :devilish: What makes you think any level of fear is capable of separating a true dwarf from his gold? :p The miners are far from home and can always dig for more, these merchants are stubborn till death.

The ships themselves carry various raw materials, from gold ingots to malachite and elven beryls. Sink one and see for yourself.

How do you unlock the flying city questline
By defeating the Phoenix.

...how do you get the antelope and phoenix in darkwood unlocked?
By raising your 'knowledge' so you get a new 'lantern era', and beating the lion first.

Edit: Man, you're serious about raising your infamy. :D

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 8 Votes