Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

razor2

Mar 15, 2019
How do you get the lizardmen tribes? I've had 5+ lizardmen in the army for a while but still haven't seen any. Do I just have to run around impregnating peasants?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Wait 30 days. If it's not working, there's a bug somewhere. What does your console say to 'kingdom.lizardman_tribe_timer'?

razor2

Mar 15, 2019
I got the lizardmen eventually but couldn't tell if it was from one running around in the wild or having 5 in my army.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
My testing shows nothing wrong with Army lizardmen, so you must've just been impatient. :p Or they weren't all Lizardmen, or who knows what else.

razor2

Mar 15, 2019
Got an error after accepting the collector quest. This error now appears whenever I try to go to the quest screen:

Edit: also, just out of curiosity :), how do you get the Lady rape event when fighting versus the Legion?

Last edited:

misterjoper

Apr 17, 2020
Edit: Okay, I just figured out a way to fix the 'sacrifices once per month vs draconian difficulty'. If you have less seals than days left until next month +3 days for a safety margin, you can continue reinforcing the seals, but sacrifices restore only half as many seals as before.
Still impossible. If you are stuck with just peasants it won't be enough, because peasant only allowed you to keep it stable at best. IF you got access to mermaids then you won't be having access to the temple any time soon.
I think balancing it should be done with saving girls from cultists, and as a reward it stops seals from growing for some time depending on the saved girls. .
You could introduce the ability to sabotage cult activity, via specificly hunting the cultists.
Also may be it could be possible to let the smugglers sabotage cult activity, stopping or slowing the timer.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To be honest, all those seal changes only affect early game. and early game is already diffiCULT enough.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Still impossible. If you are stuck with just peasants it won't be enough
Then the problem is that you're stuck with peasants, not that altar cooldowns aren't any good.

Hakim is probably the only semi-reliable source of higher-tier girls at that point in a draconian playthrough. Non-draconian has a lot more options.

I think balancing it should be done with saving girls from cultists, and as a reward it stops seals from growing for some time depending on the saved girls.
That will either be abused to circumvent the seals mechanic entirely, or be very random and dependent on maintaining fear while eliminating mobilization. And that is also hard to pull off in early game.

I think if anything should be done here it's either extend the timer or make draconian evolutions still cost more, but not take more time to evolve. And some extra quests for XP, like 'grow to small' or whatever else was proposed.

hunting the cultists.

smugglers sabotage cult activity
Again, that will make the seals mechanic close to irrelevant. What's the point of having two mechanics that negate each other instead of having none at all? :cautious: You already have a seal management tool: the altars.

You could just as well start asking for the smugglers to change almost anything: mobilization, fear, infamy, satiety, XP, rage, etc. :rolleyes:

Basically, the cultists are a mortal affair the dragon has limited input into. If he starts hunting them, they'll go underground and get even more support (because their scheme appears to be 'working'). And the dragon does not have sheriffs on his payroll, to root them out. If the smugglers start poking their noses into too many suspicious places, said noses get cut off and sent back to the Isle. The 'increase poverty' option is basically paying them to do what they are already doing. Going up against the military, secret cults, or otherwise act as the dragon's emissaries is a tall order.

To be honest, all those seal changes only affect early game
Not quite. Altar limits specifically alter mid-game+, forcing you to build more altars to get the same seals/sparks. Especially if you're relying on low-level girls.

Minimum seal decay is an early game thing. I'm considering eliminating it for 'normal', but not 'normal+' and above. Size-based reputation minimums still eventually force a higher level of decay.

Anyway, there are multiple other changes incoming, so the balance will need to be re-evaluated anyway.

misterjoper

Apr 17, 2020
Not quite. Altar limits specifically alter mid-game+, forcing you to build more altars to get the same seals/sparks. Especially if you're relying on low-level girls.
Let's just do simple math.

Path A
Basic requirement for buiding your FIRST altar - 250 satiety and 5 mana + a grown up minion
You got 666-31(magic training)= 635 days
Path A. You need Large Size + 3 extra mana so it's +1 magic/water scale(shark)
60+120+180= 360+85= 445 days.

I'll stop here because YOU CAN ONLY EVOLVE WHILE SLEEPING. And you are awake at least 2/5 of the time, if you are bigger.
U know what i should've started with that alone. 60%*635= 381 You got 381 diminishing sleep days to evolve.
When you are hunting you are not evolving, even if you are getting food.

So yeah size evolutions will remain a death sentence

Path B
If you stay as Tiny dragon you sleep only 50%*635 ---> 317.5 sleep days.
Bottomless belly+rainbow scale
150+110=260. ---> weak ass dragon, can barely catch a peasant that he can sacrifice.

Path C (most sucessful scenario, but still not successful enough)
Start as golden head. Rely on darkwood event to build altar
IF we rely on short paws (+40 hp)
60+150= 210 sleep days. ---> (317.5-210)*2= 215 normal days.

Okay. My Young Aspiring Savescummer, you got 215 days remaining. (Hint: stop evolving)
- Your average safe satiety income is +60 (two deers)
- Every sixth reroll cancells your day
- You have to halve your health when infamy gets to 7.
-
accomplish the following
1.Build hatchery (100 satiety) (i'll assume you already have egg on you, which a thief has not stolen yet, LOL.
If not then remove 90 days from the equation )
2. Accumulate 250 FOOD, get darkwood mana event, pray you won't get stuck with -100 health loop.

Congratulations. You built your very first own Altar. 7 more to go. Or grow gills, then it's 4. Don't ask me how you gonna do it.

P.S 1. I also did not consider the fact that you also need to get Expirience to get all those evolutions going. And your goblims will take most of it. Pray for darkwood?
P.S 2. You can also technicly have multiple evolution ... evolving... but that's insanely unreliable without bottomless belly.
P.S 3. I did not consider temple, because you will still need the ability to build additional altars.
P.S 4. You can also decide to sleep with FULL stamina to evolve, but i doubt the effectiveness of that, not untill you get bottomless belly anyway.

Last edited:

salking

Mar 24, 2018
Worshop does not work for me. Sometimes it even crashes
Can confirm this, clicking any item in the shape tab crashes the game.

Got a question now, I know stats drained from captives in cages have a cap.
But does the stats from leveling up have a cap as well, and are they tracked separately or not?

And misterjoper, did you include the mana overcharge you can get from the witches after the king impersonation?

Edit:
oh it's just satiety that's hard to build never mind then

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
[mana optimization]
All this is somewhat irrelevant, because I'm planning to block Darkwood from sub-medium dragons altogether, and have the Witch give you 5 sparks as a graduation gift. So the 'only' things that matter will be satiety and XP. A quest for evolving to small and the belly should cover those, I hope.

So yeah size evolutions will remain a death sentence
I'm not so sure about small size. I actually tried it during the last weekend, but managed to play only to ~300 seals. I'll see if it looks like it's working this weekend.

Medium+ is indeed dubious.

Start as golden head.
Yeah, the golden head looks mandatory now. :cautious:

IF we rely on short paws (+40 hp)
Why not battle paws? Then you're not as dependent on HP refills for handling your captives, and can provide much better DPS from the back of the party.

Your average safe satiety income is +60 (two deers)
No-mobilization pig herds and small villages will also be doable and much more profitable. You have to waste some time throwing fights then, though.

Edit: Also, deer will get a higher power requirement, and there will be rabbits and foxes instead. Foxes bite back. :)

You have to halve your health
Your health doesn't matter, because you're not getting hit. If you are, you're dead anyway, 10HP or 50HP.

...very first own Altar. 7 more to go. ... Don't ask me how you gonna do it.
The change means you only need one altar, but more sacrifices.

...you also need to get Expirience ... your goblims will take most of it. Pray for darkwood?
No more Darkwood. :devilish: You'll need 150 (belly) + 60 (paws) + 60 (small size) experience, and should get 50+50+75+~50 for the first three quests and the new small size quest. Getting another 45 XP from combat should be doable if you don't just eat deer all day long. :p That makes the total evolution time 540 days, which ought to have enough of a safety margin for learning magic and various mishaps.

You can also decide to sleep with FULL stamina to evolve
Er, what? You're forced to do that periodically, anyway. And sleeping a day at a time boosts the thieves you're so mad about. :D

Worshop does not work for me.
Is it just the crash from below/nothing being created, or something more?

crashes
File "game/_script/inventory/inventory - classes.rpy", line 400, in fullinfo
result.replace('None','')
AttributeError: 'RevertableList' object has no attribute 'replace'
Didn't I fix it here?

...stats drained from captives in cages have a cap.
But does the stats from leveling up have a cap as well, and are they tracked separately or not?
The caps aren't fully implemented yet in the hotfixes. But they are going to be exactly the same.

...mana overcharge you can get from the witches after the king impersonation?
That quest doesn't matter, since evolving to medium takes too long and does indeed look like a death sentence on draconian.

oh it's just satiety that's hard to build never mind then
Draconian is tough on all fronts, be it mana, satiety or XP. :cool:

Last edited:

salking

Mar 24, 2018
Huh, just found out that the noble woman you get from the trade route manor (the one with the old knight) is actually one of the "weaker" breeding stock you can get.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Clearing Fortified Monastery does not remove it from remembered landmarks
Huh, really? For me, it's that the 'cleared' monastery becomes 'uncleared' again. o_O

Huh, just found out that the noble woman you get from the trade route manor (the one with the old knight) is actually one of the "weaker" breeding stock you can get.
Well, yeah, that old knight isn't exactly a prime stud. You want actual princesses, you raid palaces like a real man dragon. :p

Edit: But she's a little less prideful and more robust than the true highborns.

doge789

Dec 8, 2019
For whatever reason after I unlock smugglers isle my game freezes and I can't do anything about it. This should be the save file for it.

salking

Mar 24, 2018
After looking into the reason I could not take over an abandoned Jötun castle in the files I found an oddity in 2.
Both playablecharacter and lair - classes seem to have the wrong resistances set for "lair habitability".

In playablecharacter the one I noticed is at line 1119, if req == 'ice_resistant' and self.resist('fire') > 0.5:

And in lair - classes line 1305 if req == 'ice_resistant' and dragon.resist('fire') > 0.5:

Those are the one's i feel should be ice rather than fire right?
But should not the value needed also be swapped between resistant and immunity?

not really code savy but still

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
my game freezes
I don't really understand how you got to that point, but somehow there's a mysterious extra interaction layer still open in your save.

You can try to either sleep and then press the 'close' button in the lower right, or go to Draconia or certain other places and press that same button. After doing so, things seem to be back to normal.

First time I've seen this, so I can just guess what's wrong here. Saving and loading mid-interaction, maybe?

Edit:
wrong resistances
True. :(

But should not the value needed also be swapped between resistant and immunity?
Resistance is a damage modifier, so lower = better. Thus '> 0.05' means '< 95%' resistance.

Gantithoren

Aug 25, 2020
'Special' girls are really special. But I guess there can be an intermediate category as well that includes knights, thieves, princesses, duchesses, enchantresses, huntresses etc.
Idunno, I'd argue that an angelic knight or demonic thief is really special. More so then a princess/elven enchantress/whathaveyou. But I can see why you'd want the 'special' category to mean one of a kind captives. Maybe I should try and produce a unique angelic knight? I kinda suck at coding, though...

Also, sorry for the delay, life kinda kicked my ass for a bit there.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes