Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

misterjoper

Apr 17, 2020
Bascily i delayed the Witch Quest where i impersonate the king. And the king has returned.lol. I guess the only way is to kill the king in the Palace, and then use the transformation potion right? Or i am i stuck?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
the king has returned.

I guess the only way is to kill the king

Or i am i stuck?
:LOL: Return of the King, indeed.

No, you're not stuck, I'm not that evil. :D But listen to what the Witch says: he'll go on another tour next year, and you can do your seduction quest then.

If you kill the King, exactly whom are you going to impregnate impersonate, anyway? But trying to kill or even impersonate him gets you some Archmage-on-Dragon action. No, not that kind of action. :sneaky:

salking

Mar 24, 2018
Didn't know I wanted to know this until I checked the evolution file with notepad++

How do you tell how many heads, paws, wings and specials can fit on X size dragon

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
How do you tell how many heads, paws, wings and specials can fit on X size dragon
Search for 'max_heads' in 'game\_script\characters\PlayableCharacter.rpy' and read the functions there. I could make a table, but that might become outdated again (specials were changed to 1.5*size pretty recently).

Basically, the largest dragon size can have pretty much everything, and smaller ones are scaled down according to what 'felt right' at the time.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I'm thinking of creating a limited 'achievement' system. There will be a 'pride' tab in the dragon's profile, which will list his 'pride' (and 'shame' :p)rating. I'd like some input on this. My current ideas are:
  • 'Pride':
    • Complete quests.
    • Have all minion types in the army.
    • Have all minion types at the lair.
    • Have had all lair types at least once.
    • Have all girl types at your lair (there's a quest for that, too).
    • Have all the special girls like the dark elf prostitute, Marianne, Aleteina, etc.
    • Be highly evolved.
    • Have (had) all room types at your lair.
    • Have (had) a very big and fully built-up lair.
    • Maximise Kingdom-wise fear, mobilization or poverty at least once.
    • Get full training from the dragon trainer.
    • Have a high Darkwood cycle/beat the Phoenix.
    • Have a strong Army of Darkness. Like, 1-5 times as strong as the maximum needed for the invasion.
    • Defeat major encounters, like the elves and dwarves, 'alerted' palace and cathedral fights, or the 'three giants' cloud castle, etc.
    • Defeat every single enemy type.
    • Have a huge hoard. As in, 1M+ gold huge.
  • 'Shame':
    • Retreat from combat.
    • Have minions and allies killed in combat.
    • Be driven out of your lair by the Knight.
    • Abandon your lair (while T&K are still active).
    • Be stolen from by the Thief.
    • Get milked more than absolutely necessary.
    • Get 'teased' by girls who are too tough for you.
    • Fail to rape a captive.
More ideas?

razor2

Mar 15, 2019
Couple of questions about playing on Normal+.

First, how do you obtain money if you don't have access to the witch? Treasures have to be sold and as far as I can tell, you can't sell to anyone other than the witch or the smugglers. If you don't have money, you can't hire goblins. So far, I haven't been able to find a way to make anything other than Twilight / Gold work as a starting head.

Second, what do people do about mobility before getting the smugglers? I got stuck in a loop where I couldn't kill patrols to lower mobility but also couldn't get enough saiety to level to medium.

Gantithoren

Aug 25, 2020
I'm thinking of creating a limited 'achievement' system. There will be a 'pride' tab in the dragon's profile, which will list his 'pride' (and 'shame' :p)rating. I'd like some input on this. My current ideas are:
Knights/thieves slain, perhaps?

I'd say that they should probably also go under 'special girls captured' if you manage to capture them instead of kill.

salking

Mar 24, 2018
Well I'd get a lot of shame then.
Regularly running from fights to manage infamy and mobilization, haven't tried going heavy on the poverty yet.
And basically used goblins as canon fodder early game.

As for ideas
How about solo battles?
Starting with kinda "Congratulations! you're now as strong as a group of gremlins, barely stronger than the weakest."
To "nothing can stop you, Giants and kings alike cover at the mere mention of you"

And in response razor2, depending on your progress, sheep and pigs are your best bet for decent nutrition and can be gotten with the free goblin or even solo depending on your evolutions.
For mobilization you might want to run from a few fight to lower your infamy (infamy lvl = mobilization before modifiers)
And once you get 5 mana you can disguise yourself and sell your loot in the capital for much better prices.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Knights/thieves slain, perhaps?

I'd say that they should probably also go under 'special girls captured' if you manage to capture them instead of kill.
'Special' girls are really special. But I guess there can be an intermediate category as well that includes knights, thieves, princesses, duchesses, enchantresses, huntresses etc.

Well I'd get a lot of shame then.
Regularly running from fights to manage infamy and mobilization, haven't tried going heavy on the poverty yet.
There'll be caps on how much shame you can get from a single category. And running is necessary on draconian, but maybe not so much on normal?

Anyway, this is all cosmetic, things you can feel good/bad about at the end of the day.

How about solo battles?
Yes, good one.

First, how do you obtain money if you don't have access to the witch?
Hunt for peddlers.

So far, I haven't been able to find a way to make anything other than Twilight / Gold work as a starting head.
Bronze also has magic, blue has sea events including treasure (but that one is heavy on reloading when you're tiny :)). Steel is pretty tough on its own. The rest can take in the goblin groupie to get the ball rolling. He's not free of upkeep yet, but will be.

Actually, everyone can get treasure from the forest/mountains. But it's a 5% chance per hunt to find anything at that point, and most of it is not cash.

Otherwise, what salking said.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
That would sort of defeat the purpose of a 'shame-o-meter', now wouldn't it? :rolleyes: The system is meant to measure how far you are from a 'perfect' playthrough, not something you can just erase at the drop of a hat.

Basically, it would all be metagame stuff that doesn't have any in-game consequences.

salking

Mar 24, 2018
I actually thought of a suggestion, but I don't know if it would be too much of a pain to implement.

Right now the only way to lower infamy is the run from battles, at least that I know of.
But many of the battles also has an "ignore option"
What if once you had a certain amount of infamy, ignoring certain events would lower it?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Not too much pain, but IDK if it would fit thematically. If an infamous character refuses to take notice of you, why would he become less infamous? That kinda works for fame/honour, but infamy?

I thought of letting infamy go away slowly while sleeping, but that wouldn't be anywhere near as powerful as running away.

salking

Mar 24, 2018
True, it was a bit of a stretch.
My thought was that it might have been mistaken for mercy and thus making the dragon seem less dangerous.

But yeah, sleeping it away sounds better, given how short sighted some humans are.
Are you thinking a fixed number in that case or a % of the total infamy?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Fixed number, but I'm not quite certain what that number should be. Maybe 1 per month? That's pretty slow, actually...

I suppose letting girls go free might lower your infamy as well (unless she later births monsters, then you get it back again :devilish:), by about half of what you usually gain from acquiring them in the first place. That's the closest to 'mercy' that dragon actions get, I think.

If you rememeber anything else that's actual mercy instead of just 'can't be bothered, mortal insect', do tell.

salking

Mar 24, 2018
A month in game is always 30 days right?
How about something around 0.25 per day or 1 every 4 or 5 days?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
That's too fast. Once per 4 days is probably faster than you can throw fights at medium+.

salking

Mar 24, 2018
At the moment I can't think of anything that's straight up mercy except releasing girls untouched (or maybe releasing them non pregnant after getting a few minions out of them :devilish:), and even then they're rude about it if you just haven't brought them to the lair yet.

And nah, I can throw fights twice per day/stamina, and for each throw infamy goes down by a minimum of 5 at my current lvl.
Since it takes half the current health you can only do it 5 times without getting healed.
So that's at least 25 infamy less in an awake period if that's all you do.

How about 3 per month, or if you have done nothing to raise your infamy by x days you lose a point or two?
With maybe a cap so you won't be encouraged to sleep the days away if you have enough sat and coins.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
...throw fights twice per day/stamina
Since it takes half the current health you can only do it 5 times without getting healed.
So that's at least 25 infamy less in an awake period if that's all you do.
Key words being 'all you do'. Healing costs money or milk, and you need to be actually doing stuff as well, not just throwing fights, because the comparison is a constant drain on infamy.

How about 3 per month, or if you have done nothing to raise your infamy by x days you lose a point or two?
I suppose I can split that at the 'normal+' level again, 1/month from there up and 2/month for 'normal' and 'easy'.

Infamy stagnation is a good idea as well. Now the todo list is even longer. :cry:

...they're rude about it if you just haven't brought them to the lair yet.
They should only be rude if your dragon looks weak. Otherwise, they just scream and faint, or somesuch.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes