Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

salking

Mar 24, 2018
Both the marshal's and the treasurer's "hard" options give devastation/poverty during the event.
And as far as i could tell, those where the only immediate effects

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Ah, okay. You'll be getting much more elaborate aftermath events sometime afterwards. Starting with the niece. :cool:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
By growing up. You need to be at least slightly magical (max magic > 0) before the Witch takes an interest in you.

misterjoper

Apr 17, 2020
I don't know if it's intentional or not but minions who died in battle still reduce exp gain for the dragon(and the rest of the minions). Me don't like it.

Edit: Draconian diffuclty is currently FUBAR. Got my first evolution (which costs 60 evolution points) with 505 seals remaing.
How am i supposed to build altar or get into temple before it ticks to 0? One seal per day is rough and makes no sense, it assumes cultists have a stedy supply of sacrifices, and kingdom literaly does not care. Getting small size is also a death sentence

Edit 2: Yep Totaly FUBAR. The witch refuses to let me study magic, even though i am a tiny dragon but with full stats. 60/60 satiety.
Edit 3: Yeah i'll just set "$dragon.base_kingdom_seals = 1" to "$dragon.base_kingdom_seals = 0".
OR better yet $dragon.base_kingdom_seals -0.5

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
minions who died in battle still reduce exp gain
intentional
Me don't like it.
I wasn't specifically intending to do it, but upon reflection, I think it's okay. The dead minions still contributed to your victory and thus 'earned' some of the XP by reducing the difficulty of the battle.

Draconian diffuclty is currently FUBAR.
Draconian is meant as a challenge that's near-impossible without constant savescumming at some points and optimized gameplay. Maybe it is impossible, but your current examples aren't convincing me that it's not doable at all.

Got my first evolution (which costs 60 evolution points) with 505 seals remaing.
That's pretty okay.

How am i supposed to ... get into temple
Rainbow+another magic head, and reloading like a maniac?

One seal per day is rough
Yes? That was the very first change I wanted to mod in, actually. :p

...makes no sense, it assumes cultists have a stedy supply of sacrifices, and kingdom literaly does not care.
The Kingdom is the cultists. You're thinking they're some kind of outlaw operation. They are not, they're a popular movement that starts from the bottom and takes over the whole Kingdom.

Getting small size is also a death sentence
Yeah, and? Edit: Draconian doesn't necessarily have the same order of evolutions. Personal fear is your friend here. My first pick would be sharp horns, actually.

...witch refuses to let me study magic
...full stats
'Full stats' also includes no rage. Are you sure your stats are all 'full'.

i'll just set... better yet $dragon.base_kingdom_seals -0.5
Negative values are not supported. You just basically turned the seals setting to 'easy'. :p And I don't see the point of trying to play on draconian and then turning parts of the difficulty off again. Just play on hard, then.

Last edited:

misterjoper

Apr 17, 2020
The Kingdom is the cultists. You're thinking they're some kind of outlaw operation. They are not, they're a popular movement that starts from the bottom and takes over the whole Kingdom.
Just wow. Wow. What a plottwist. I find that hard to believe.
So is the archmage, met in king's palace, is also a cultist? If yes, why is he hiding his identity. If not, would he turn a blind eye to the demonic threat?
So is the Human kingdom alone are the cultists, or is it the whole word? If it's the former then why did not everybody gang up on the Human kingdom, if it's the latter, why alves give their immortal lives for shits and gigles, why dwarfes don't trust in their steel and gunpowder anymore. At least Fishfolk makes some sense.

I wasn't specifically intending to do it, but upon reflection, I think it's okay. The dead minions still contributed to your victory and thus 'earned' some of the XP by reducing the difficulty of the battle.
So being a sole survivor of a goblin squad, having witnessed your loyal comprades viciosly slaughtered by that vile pug, is not an expirience one can learn something from.
Btw chained dog should be weaker that the dog which protects the ship, because, you know, it's chained. Or not-chained dog should become stronger.
first pick would be sharp horns.
Which will block much needed Botomless belly upgrade. You clearly haven't played on draconian difficulty yourself.
And i only play on draconian and my expirience is only from draconian difficulty.

Anyway, since the Witch is actually working, then it should be possible to deal with it.
400 seals remaing. And i only got ablity to use magic.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Wow.
So is the archmage... also a cultist?
If not, would he turn a blind eye to the demonic threat?
The Archmage, the Knights Crusader, the Angels (but not necessarily all the Titans), the Witch and whatever lives in the Darkwood are perhaps the only beings in the Kingdom fully against the demons.

But the Archmage is one man, loyal to if not the King personally, then at least the Crown, and mostly has to remain in the Capital to defend it and manage the realm's magical affairs. If the King tells him "We're doing this; all my peasants, merchants, nobles etc want it and I'm not listening to your doomsaying", what is he going to do? Take over? :p Congrats, the looming civil war is now a reality and the Dragon's victory is virtually a certainty.

Edit: He probably is working against the cultists behind the scenes. But it's a big Kingdom.

So is the Human kingdom alone are the cultists, or is it the whole word?
...why did not everybody gang up on the Human kingdom
We don't know much about the rest of the world. Most likely, the Kingdom occupies a sub-continent and trade relations are not strong enough for anyone else to realise what's happening, rally enough support and get an army there in the couple of years between the first serious warnings and the final invasion. If there actually even is a polity strong enough to actually accomplish all that.

This is a medieval world, not the 21st century US Army. Solid expeditionary capability was a seriously rare thing.

And as I see it, the Kingdom is fully capable of telling anyone who wants to manage demons in their territory to fuck off and make that declaration stick. It was them who beat back the Lady's first invasion, after all.

...alves give their immortal lives for shits and gigles, why dwarfes don't trust in their steel and gunpowder anymore.
Because from their POV, it's not working. The Dragon is doing as he pleases, and the cannons and magical mists aren't doing shit to stop him from winning. Maybe not everyone is thinking like that, but the thing with demons is, you only need a minority and the rest not interfering. And the rest don't have cause to interfere, because the cultists can immediately point out that the Dragon is slowly but surely grinding towards victory, and they are going to unsummon the demons the moment the Dragon has bit it.

Wishful thinking, of course, but these are desperate, largely illiterate people who see their daughters kidnapped and raped, their villages burned down and their soldiers massacred, and nothing they do has been able to change that. So, time for desperate measures.

...being a sole survivor... is not an expirience one can learn something from.
You can learn something. When it's time to run away, for example. :p You don't learn to beat the pug by failing.

Btw chained dog should be weaker that the dog which protects the ship...
Or not-chained dog should become stronger.
Ship dog? Where? o_O

I'm going to create a 'starving dog', so there will be some variation. I don't think the dogs need to become stronger than they already are.

Which will block much needed Botomless belly upgrade.
It'll delay that. I'm testing whether it's bad enough to count as blocking, right now.

You clearly haven't played on draconian difficulty yourself.

And i only play on draconian and my expirience is only from draconian difficulty.
Well, yeah. I've said draconian isn't really meant to be playable on several occasions, and that I'm aiming for normal myself.

If you play on an intentionally imbalanced difficulty, don't complain it's difficult. Only bring up hard progression blocks that you can prove actually exist.

I'm not saying such blocks aren't there. Maybe they are. But so far, you've not established that.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hmm, not intended. Try changing lines ~620 in 'game/_story/locations/witch_academy.rpy' to
Code:
        "Leave" if dragon.rage < 5:
#            window hide
            if not history.event('witch_aftermath') and dragon.actions >= 1 and kingdom.witch_quest_2_aftermath_timer == 0:
                if (history.event('spy_none') or history.event('spy_none_choice')) and not history.event('gwidon_sex_complete'):
                    jump region_full_view
The only difference is deleting one '_choice'. Tell me what happens then.

salking

Mar 24, 2018
That appears to have fixed it.
Did go for the "soft" treasurer route in this game.

Also think I need to get my second magic point asap, it's needed to build the hatchery so I can complete my main quest

misterjoper

Apr 17, 2020
Draconian Difficulty:
Alright 27 seals left. The only evolution i got is short paws. (bottomless belly is 71/150). The strat was to rush to the temple. Darkwood mana event was prepared for this occasion.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Alright i take my words back. It's doable, but timers are stressful, just like in any game.

From that pont the game should be a cakewalk.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yeah, gaming the Darkwood might be necessary. It's the kind of secret stuff all optimal strategies accumulate, I'm not against that.

But holy cow, how are you getting these super-goblins? o_O Draining girls, I presume? I'm going to cap that to 2*starter stats as well, so... Draconian might become 'impossible' again.

I'm actually starting to think hard needs to come down to 1.5/1.5 and draconian to 2.0/2.0 HP/attack boosts.

salking

Mar 24, 2018
Hang on.
Draining girls?
As in non pregnant ones in cages?
why did i not realize this earlier :eek:

Edit:
i mean yeah it says drains in the description but i never put the it together

misterjoper

Apr 17, 2020
By ship dog i meant Sheep dog. My mistake.
But holy cow, how are you getting these super-goblins? o_O Draining girls, I presume? I'm going to cap that to 2*starter stats as well, so... Draconian might become 'impossible' again.
Yeah i was draining girls. Saw no other way to win. My options were limited to that.
I'm actually starting to think hard needs to come down to 1.5/1.5 and draconian to 2.0/2.0 HP/attack boosts.
so goblins will be 40 hp 2-4 atack. Nah they won't beat a single zombie. I don't mind the cap but i mind the inability to get the acess to the temple. Or the altar. Smuggler's island is not an option so that's leaves me with either SUPER Peasant army or Beastkin girls from dark wood if i am lucky.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
As in non pregnant ones in cages?
I'll enable pregnant ones as well. A little preggo torture is not going to come between the brave little goblins and their master, now is it? :devilish:

By ship dog i meant Sheep dog.
Ah, okay. I'll just delete any mention of chains. They are going to be unchained when battling the dragon, in any case.

so goblins will be 40 hp 2-4 atack. Nah they won't beat a single zombie.
Yes, but zombies will also come down to 160HP/4-16ATK. 4 badass goblins ought to be able to beat that on their own, with a few retries at the worst.

the altar
Honest question, what's blocking you from the altar? You're can get either +1 size or the belly, should start with 1 magic, so can get the 2 mana and 100 satiety for the hatchery. The 666 days ought to be able to fit in a few pregnancies, and a cockatrice is almost as good as a smuggler guard. Better against heavy armor, in fact.

"Oh god why do you make me do this."
:ROFLMAO:

Girls will also get stricter stat caps. Maybe not goblin-level caps, but caps nonetheless.

Affection is currently also too easy to gain. I'll look into this sometime.

Last edited:

salking

Mar 24, 2018
I'll enable pregnant ones as well. A little preggo torture is not going to come between the brave little goblins and their master, now is it? :devilish:
Maybe make it a toggle in that case?
or rather, are guards not needed to keep captives in the cages?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
No, the girls can't get out of cages on their own. Assigning a guard means assignign a guard to torture her, not guard her. The guarding just happens on its own. :D

There's a level of abstraction to the whole maintenance part of the game, because I didn't think managing servants on top of everything else was much fun. So the servants are invisible, take some money to procure food and other things for the girls/other minions, and make sure the cages are locked, hatcheries are loaded, traps are armed etc.

misterjoper

Apr 17, 2020
Honest question, what's blocking you from the altar? You're can get either +1 size or the belly, should start with 1 magic, so can get the 2 mana and 100 satiety for the hatchery. The 666 days ought to be able to fit in a few pregnancies, and a cockatrice is almost as good as a smuggler guard. Better against heavy armor, in fact.
We are talking of draconian difficulty
Rule number 0: Size evolution is a death sentence. You effectivly reduce the time you got left to deal with the seals.
Rule number 1: Infamy above 6 is attracts knight and is a death sentence. So prepare to have your health halved once in while.

Bottomless belly is not option. You simply won't get enough exp for that. Period. Seals need to be dealt with before botomless belly. Realistickly I could only finish my first 60 point evolution (short paws) and learn magic with 400 seals remaining.

1. Temple cost 5 mana and from 150 to 250 satiety, not sure.
In theory possible with: ----> in practise
A. medium(large?) size ---> (rule 0)
B. bottomless belly + rainbow scales. (260 exp) Not enough time, food (too weak dragon) and not enough EXP.
C. short paws +Bottomless belly + darkwood mana event ---> (190 total exp) Not enough time for bottomless belly.

2.Thief.
a. Change lairs. And you can't, unless you can dig, or swim (former limits you to 1 mana, later to 0). Good luck rebuilding everything. And underground lair is not building friendly.
b. Pray to RNG. If you thief sucks you dry, it will kill all minions,eggs, pregnant captives will starve or worse Thief could also "make a loan with your name on it" which I expirienced like 2 hotfixes ago. Your treasury simply won't replenish since thief overstole from you. You need at least 1.1 gold coin for it to happen.

3. You are not evolving 24 hours per/day. Without bottomless belly. At best in a week you can tick evolution 4 times after you first evolution, assuming you have enough exp, and you don't stop to build any buildings. After that you are back to hunting. Which is not always sucessful.

You can get only get at best 2.5 evolutions before Daemonic invasion happens.
Affection is currently also too easy to gain. I'll look into this sometime.
In the very first old huntsman version you could bribe the captive girls, by giving a them a single trinket. Girls also had different personalities ranging from Prideful and Lustful. Guess who is easier to bribe.

Yes, but zombies will also come down to 160HP/4-16ATK. 4 goblins ought to be able to beat that on their own, with a few retries at the worst.
Zombies can parry the damage.

Also I wish girls would stop taunting you when you decide not to interact with them at all while in the fields.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Size evolution is a death sentence. You effectivly reduce the time
Why? The only really bad thing about it (and it's plenty bad alright) is the minimum fear of one, which gets converted into 1 mobilization. If I take the draconian damage multiplier down to 2, you can beat peasants with 4 vanilla goblins, with 2 getting killed per battle. So peddlers are always an option.

You also lose a bit of stamina/sleep cycle, but at least in theory, you get to use more and more powerful choices to balance it out.

Infamy above 6 is attracts knight and is a death sentence. So prepare to have your health halved once in while.
True, for infamy >=5. You can reload when the knight is about to spawn and throw a fight or two. You need to do that anyway if you want to stay tiny and raid villages instead of peddlers.

Health doesn't matter, since you always have meatshields. That's why I don't think short paws are any good, you're not getting much benefit from them outside of Darkwood. An attack bonus always helps, since smaller dragons are essentialy artillery.

Bottomless belly... won't get enough exp
Well, I tried with an attack modifier of 2 instead of 3, and I could raid enough small villages that by ~520 seals I had my first evolution (sharp horns) and 51 XP in reserve. I expect that by ~350 seals I'll be small and able to hatch stuff after I learn magic, by ~250 seals I should have cockatrices, maybe even basilisks if I really focus. By ~50-100 seals I should have the belly. There's a lack of magic for altar-building, though.

Temple cost 5 mana and from 150 to 250 satiety

260 exp

Not enough time, food (too weak dragon) and not enough EXP.
250 satiety. The first three quests give 175 XP, and another 100 ought to be doable without the x3 attack modifier.

Before evolving, I was regularly getting ~30 food per battle, which isn't too shabby. Sheep and pigs restock you fully, even.

Change lairs. And you can't, unless you can dig, or swim
Ruins. Which you can manufacture yourself, if need be. :D

But the proper way to deal with the thief is to either reload her to getting the fake sleep powder, or just keep a dozen worthless trinkets around for her to take.

In the very first old huntsman version you could bribe the captive girls
I know. But the code for that was so convoluted I took one look and backed away. :cry:

Girls also had different personalities ranging from Prideful and Lustful.
That is still the case. There are 'proud', 'innocent' and 'lust'-y girls, which behave a little differently. The dark elf prostitute, for example, is always lustful.

Zombies can parry the damage.
True. But you also have a (presumably slightly evolved) dragon in addition to the goblins.

Also I wish girls would stop taunting
Don't we all? :p

Thief could also "make a loan with your name on it"
Will be fixed, I hope. You could have mentioned this earlier.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes