Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

salking

Mar 24, 2018
lol, what could she be using it for.
And on that note, apparently I've donated enough total to unlock the rest of the options, though she still claims to need 4 loads for the task.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Well, she did use it for something in the original DW. ;) I don't know if I'll ever get to reimplementing that, though.

The unlocking is when you've given enough that the Witch judges you useful. It's not specifically tied to the 'freebies' she wants for magic training.

salking

Mar 24, 2018
Right, on to the next task, and a bug I think I found.
Quite an interesting event.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And after it was all over, my portrait had changed for some reason.
Still of a red dragon but different.

misterjoper

Apr 17, 2020
In my opinion The darkwood "anti-save scum" mechanic is actually helping the save-scummers. It only makes it harder to get stat improvement events.
You can save before going the darkwood, find out what event that is and reload the save again.
That event will still happen even if you go to sleep. (and not just the event but the specific chain of events).
This allows you to prepare for the specific event if it's negative or postpone the positive event such as healing or mana (or just frenzy removal) for when you actually need it.

My personal opinion that you should not impose fair play on players like that. I'd stop focusing on that. If they want to break the game they will break it. It's their game expirience after all.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
And after it was all over, my portrait had changed for some reason.
Still of a red dragon but different.
Weird. Can I get a save before you did the quest?

..."anti-save scum" mechanic is actually helping the save-scummers.

You can save before going the darkwood, find out what event that is and reload the save again.
That's not what the 'anti-save-scumming' feature is meant to combat. And you could have reloaded until you get whatever event you're prepared for before as well. It's not as if you can only prepare for one extremely specific event at a time. :)

This allows you to prepare... or postpone
There are always opportunity costs tied to such postponings.

And if you think it's that bad, I can actually make it stronger, like enforcing a 'Darkwood roll' of 1 every time you reload. :p

My personal opinion that you should not impose fair play
The point is not to 'impose fair play'. I'm a savecummer myself. The point is to make sure the distribution of events isn't savescummed to weird proportions. E.g. a lot of beastkin girls/attack mastery and no worms or hungry birds. You may be able to prepare if you keep extensive records, but you still have to take the same hits, no matter how long you wait, and get proportionally the same amount of different events.

I'd stop focusing on that. If they want to break the game they will break it. It's their game expirience after all.
Players can already break the game via other means as well, e.g. consoling, modding data values for themselves, playing on easy, reloading other events, etc. I don't care what they actually do when I'm not looking. :D

I do care about there being easy temptations I'm liable to succumb to myself, and that the 'vanilla' experience is reasonably clear-cut. Otherwise, we have chaos and not a sim/management game.

Edit: Darkwood is meant to be something you're leery of tackling without preparation. So your points are actually somewhat in favour of the current system. :p

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Ah, it's the thing Lillibilli mentioned. Will be fixing this. But you've got some weird taste in dragon mugshots if the current one is your favourite. Edit: Looks like an ex-con to me. :D

And yeah, your seals are kinda out of control, as is your mobilization. As a rule of thumb, anything divisible by five is bad.

What are you keeping all these goblins for? Surprise inspections by Mom? :p

Last edited:

salking

Mar 24, 2018
Eh, gotta like the mugshot is you're gonna stare at it all day (kinda like the slightly cartoonish style of it).

And yeah seals are a bane atm, been unlucky. mobilization i can manage, my infamy only goes as low as 40/4 and to my understanding that meas mobilization will not go lower than 4 without poverty modifiers.

I go through the goblins quite fast though, plus i wanted to check if they did anything against my thief.

Current tactic is raid a lonely farm, small village or a poor merchant solo or with 1 companion, then full team almost anything i deem doable once the dragon is low health, and get food up with the last 2 stamina points.
With some infamy management every other cycle or so.

Got to have a few exchangeable goblins for that

Last edited:

prehot

Jun 25, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/_story/lair conquest/lair_conquest.rpy", line 239, in script call
    call arena(encounter=['ifrit','gargoyle','gargoyle','minotaur','minotaur'])
  File "game/_script/combat/arena.rpy", line 223, in script
    python:
  File "game/_script/combat/arena.rpy", line 229, in <module>
    encounter_party.add(Enemy(mob_id))
  File "game/_script/characters/Mob.rpy", line 18, in __init__
    debug(['mob_id not found',minion_id])
NameError: global name 'minion_id' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - label.rpyc", line 38, in script call
    [y������    �*�V�4��I�3Ή�w�CU
  File "game/_story/lair conquest/lair_conquest.rpy", line 239, in script call
    call arena(encounter=['ifrit','gargoyle','gargoyle','minotaur','minotaur'])
  File "game/_script/combat/arena.rpy", line 223, in script
    python:
  File "C:\Games\time of dragons\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Games\time of dragons\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/_script/combat/arena.rpy", line 229, in <module>
    encounter_party.add(Enemy(mob_id))
  File "game/_script/characters/Mob.rpy", line 18, in __init__
    debug(['mob_id not found',minion_id])
NameError: global name 'minion_id' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Время для Драконов: Королевство Монстров 28-09-20
Fri Oct 16 21:05:07 2020
When fighting high tier lairs(jotmund effret and probably titan).

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
...mobilization will not go lower than 4 without poverty modifiers.
You can 'manually' lower it by killing patrols and militiamen. Otherwise, yeah, you're stuck with either fear, mobilization or poverty (or an infamy-less tiny dragon).

When fighting high tier lairs(jotmund effret and probably titan).
You could try consoling 'renpy.call('load_prototypes')' and then resaving your game. The hotfix is slightly incompatible with old saves.

Titans are okay, they don't have extra minotaurs. They are just rare as hell.

Edit:
I go through the goblins quite fast though, plus i wanted to check if they did anything against my thief.
A thief can go through [her level] of goblins without issue, twice that with the dagger or if she's an assassin. So yours would catch only pretty low-level pilferers. The current one would need 45 goblins to stop her.

And if you preserve your goblins, they level up a bit. I suppose it's entirely dragon-like to not care about that, though.

With some infamy management every other cycle or so.
Ah, that's why you have so much infamy. I try keeping mine under 20 until I'm reasonably badass (level 10-15, maybe).

Got to have a few exchangeable goblins for that
Getting new blood from the tribe is a few extra clicks and 0.125 actions, and doesn't leech money all the time.

Last edited:

prehot

Jun 25, 2020
1602874294417.png
Half way through 5k clicks to heal my army for 8k hp missing. Maybe a cleaner way can be added whenever possible like heal all or something? Also maybe you can add if doable a sell/buy all stack from one line from vendor since i tend to go to the treasurer scarcely and having the option to sell the full line of items would be a nice qol improvement(tbh the issue was rebuying the milk i sold to him so i can heal my idiots but i still think the option to sell a whole stack would be nice to have).

P.S. Any way to find out how many more minions i need to donate for the army quest? I added my current save if you can lmk where to search.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Half way through 5k clicks to heal my army for 8k hp missing.
o_O Yeah, you have these old OP girls. New minions won't go over 600HP.

heal all

sell/buy all stack from one line
Not a high priority right now, sorry. New UI with new functionality is always a pain to do. When I get all the new events in, have current bugs and evolution issues fixed, etc, then I can take a look.

Any way to find out how many more minions i need to donate for the army quest?
Console '1000 - army.count_all_bred'.

prehot

Jun 25, 2020
o_O Yeah, you have these old OP girls. New minions won't go over 600HP.
Just hit dwarven halls with my op girls and almost lost with my dragon on pos 1 and they took about 1k damage each. IDK how the new minions will be able to tank a dwarven halls with 600 ish hp even with a full acid dragon it might be too much phys damage to handle esp since the champions aoe. Oh well we will see when we get there. Till then i gotta reheal my army since i took dwarven halls enchanted forest and human capital one after the other and my whole squad is on 500 ish hp.

Later edit
Did the reload on console and now all the enemies have nerfed hp. A griffin went from 240 hp to 120 guessing everyone did the same. Is that the new normal? or did the reload changed my save difficulty as well?

Last edited:

salking

Mar 24, 2018
I think you said earlier that another patch was planned this weekend?
I'm guessing current games will be fine, but how would i go about getting my mug back, if possible?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
did the reload changed my save difficulty as well?
Yeah, that set the enemy difficulty to normal again. Try the dwarven halls now. :D

Anyway, use these console commands to reset that again:
Code:
mob_power_multiplier = 1.0 # 1.0 for normal, 1.5 hard, 3.0 draconian
mob_hp_multiplier = 1.0    # 1.0 for normal, 2.0 hard, 2.0 draconian
for key in encounter_database:
    encounter_database[key]['base_attack'] *= mob_power_multiplier
    encounter_database[key]['base_attack_mastery'] *= mob_power_multiplier
    encounter_database[key]['maxhp'] *= mob_hp_multiplier
I think you said earlier that another patch was planned this weekend?
It still is, but the todo list is long and getting longer. :(

getting my mug back
Load a pre-quest save and console
Code:
dragon.base_avatar = dragon.profile_art
Or just look up what a pre-quest 'dragon.profile_art' returns, and change your ongoing save's 'dragon.base_avatar' to that console
Code:
x = 'whatever_it_was_here'
dragon.base_avatar = x
dragon.set_avatar(x)

salking

Mar 24, 2018
Thanks,
On that note, I decided to check what each of the option in the king impersonation event did (curiosity), only option that did not have an immediate effect was the master of secret ones.
Is it possible to gain the niece?
Or is this the only mention of her?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
prehot: Don't remove indentation. Actually, the console should be giving you auto-indentation.

The niece is probably the most extensive 'aftermath' event. You'll be seeing her again. If you went 'soft' on her, you'll need to wait until after the smugglers' island is online.

Edit: Actually, what effects are you talking about? The niece should be triggering first.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes