Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

misterjoper

Apr 17, 2020
Well, I tried with an attack modifier of 2 instead of 3, and I could raid enough small villages that by ~520 seals I had my first evolution (sharp horns) and 51 XP in reserve. I expect that by ~350 seals I'll be small and able to hatch stuff after I learn magic, by ~250 seals I should have cockatrices, maybe even basilisks if I really focus. By ~50-100 seals I should have the belly. There's a lack of magic for altar-building, though.

250 satiety. The first three quests give 175 XP, and another 100 ought to be doable without the x3 attack modifier.
For Altar You need either
1. belly + rainbow head (if you choose that your dragon wll be weak for the whole game, there won't be time or exp for a third evolution)
2.short paws + bottomlessbelly+ darkwood mana event. (that's the best bet, in my opinion, but i still consider it near impossible)

No other options.

The reason why i don't invest into damage evolution intentionally because it can be gained through training or darkwood, eventually.
Edit 2: Unable to press "interact" with caged girls inside the temple, the button just won't press.
Edit 3: nah fuck off with that thief. Impossible to manage seals even with the altar when the fucking thief comes to your lair every fucking second-third sleep cycle. JUST FUCK NO. Trinket spam won't help here.
There should be ability to Prepare for those cocky thiefs. Like attempt to stay awake. Cost one stamina. Initiates a sleep cycle. And you wake up with 0 stamina.
If i change lairs then it's gg due to seals. If i stay i go bankrupt.
Traps are uterly useless and just take up your space

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
belly + rainbow head
Agreed, the magic head looks like a dead end. Darkwood looks like the only option right now.

short paws + bottomlessbelly+ darkwood mana event
I still don't see why anyone would take HP over attack on draconian, since your dragon should never get hit in the first place, and this way any damage you accrue from throwing fights takes away your ability to get girls and do other events.

The reason why i don't invest into damage evolution intentionally because it can be gained through training or darkwood, eventually.
Attack mastery is a lot weaker than attack if you're low-level and are not getting hit in the first place.

With training, you're getting at most +6 Attack Mastery for 210 gold. You could spend that money on a homunculus and be able to pass a lot more fights instead of the +2 power boost.

Darkwood's 'eventually' means so much time wasted there it doesn't look practical before the seals run out.

Unable to press "interact" with caged girls inside the temple, the button just won't press.
Can't reproduce, save?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Can't reproduce with those saves, either. :( Which button are you trying to click, the one in the 'assign' screen?

It's entirely possible I've fixed this already, but I'd like to be sure.

Maybe the gold head would be a better starting option, you get the same 'power' boost, but attack is more useful for a tiny dragon on draconian than health? And a second mana point.

misterjoper

Apr 17, 2020
Can't reproduce with those saves, either. :( Which button are you trying to click, the one in the 'assign' screen?
Yes. It has to be temple lair. Other lairs work fine.

Yeah golden head may be. I was thinking i would need underground lair.

Edit 2: Alright Thief is managable if you have less than 1 gold. IF you have slightly more she will oversteal from you. That bug was reprodused with the latest hotfix.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
The assign issue was fixed here.

I was thinking i would need underground lair.
Underground lair seems to be something not necessary for draconian, since you can get infinite ruins once you're able to beat a single peasant.

Alright Thief is managable if you have less than 1 gold. IF you have slightly more she will oversteal from you.
What about baiting the Thief with cheap fibulas and other crap?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
It's a temporary solution which won't work after
Okay, true enough. But...

thief comes to your lair every fucking second-third sleep cycle.
This is hyperbole. She gains at most 10 'intel' per sleep cycle, and loses at least 7 after a 'visit', depending on her level. Yours loses 19, so it's 3-4 successful cycles, and not all of them are. You can even reload her successes into failures for a while.

There should be ability to Prepare for those cocky thiefs.
The 'nuclear' option is to reload until she gets the fake sleeping powder, and catch the next one when she's still weak.

Traps are uterly useless and just take up your space
Small amounts of crappy traps are useless against a leveled Thief. Yours would protect against a level 12 thief, maybe 15 if you added a few more, or even level 30 if you reloaded her into the fake 30-foot pole. Your thief is level 31. :p

Edit:
Actually, your last save looks like it has 11 goblins guarding the lair, and she would get caught by the twelfth since she has the cursed dagger...
No, there was a bug in there. You'd have needed 32 goblins, 16 with the bug fixed.

Last edited:

misterjoper

Apr 17, 2020
Well i got my draconian run rolling now. At first it was tough to keep the seals from game over. Peasants only allowed me to keep seals at best just stable (highest i got was 30 seals). Then after a long time i got bottomless belly, which made me worry about satiety much less, but it only helped a little. Then i decided to go for blue scales, for the mermaids, and when i actually got them (mainly thanks for darkwood events), i actually started to make progress with mermaids. Plus that +2 atack came in handy. After that i trained crocks, which later were replced by basilcks because poison damage is so good. Right now i got 170 infamy (finished those infamy related quests), gonna drop my infamy down cause i don't wanna take down those 3 battle ships again.
Btw, rainbow head is completly replaceable, because you can rely on altar or darkwood mana event.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Maybe starting with the blue head might actually be worthwhile? Or just evolving it instead of paws/horns/whatever?

And how are you getting crocs before basilisks? The beastkin need power ~4 to be overpowered, townswomen (and basilisks) can be had for 2-3. BTW, basilisks are acid, not poison, which is pretty unique.

Ranbow head's main niche is magical damage, not mana. And altars won't be reliable after next update, since you'll be able to only sacrifice once per month. This might screw draconian over again...

Darkwood doesn't belong in the same sentence as 'reliable'. :p

salking

Mar 24, 2018
Ranbow head's main niche is magical damage, not mana. And altars won't be reliable after next update, since you'll be able to only sacrifice once per month. This might screw draconian over again...
But, rainbow head gives 4 mana.
Are you saying there's a better head for mana capacity?
On that note, golden head description claims it can see the unseen.
Is it just flair text or does it actually have an effect in game?
Like being able to see through a thief's invisibility items?

Also, what is needed to deal with the enchanted forests barrier?
Already got 6 mana points

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Are you saying there's a better head for mana capacity?
No, but the biggest mana bonuses come from the magic paws. Rainbow head's unique ability is magic resistance, and more combat power than the shadow head which also has magic damage.

see the unseen.
Is it just flair text or does it actually have an effect in game?
Like being able to see through a thief's invisibility items?
Not invisibility items, but close. It's very much inspired by the same ability from DW, a general bonus to waking up when the thief is stealing your bed. It basically boosts your level for the relevant roll by 10 + 2 per additional golden head and works even against lower-level 'deft hands' abilities and sleeping powders.

Also, what is needed to deal with the enchanted forests barrier?
Already got 6 mana points
4 more mana.

Last edited:

salking

Mar 24, 2018
No, but the biggest mana bonuses come from the magic paws. Rainbow head's unique ability is magic resistance, and more combat power than the shadow head which also has magic damage.
You mean the ones translated as delicate paws that give 20% bonus mana?
Would be nice, but at my current 6 base that would only add 1.2 per paw.
Unless I got something wrong.
Not invisibility items, but close. It's very much inspired by the same ability from DW, a general bonus to waking up when the thief is stealing your bed. It basically boosts your level for the relevant roll by 10 + 2 per additional golden head and works even against lower-level 'deft hands' abilities and sleeping powders.
now that would indeed be nice
4 more mana.
Thanks, might have go up to large or change a head or 2 to get that much without getting supercharged. but I have not encountered any repeatable events that do that yet.

misterjoper

Apr 17, 2020
Maybe starting with the blue head might actually be worthwhile? Or just evolving it instead of paws/horns/whatever?
Draconian difficulty currently does not support non-magical start. No magic--> no witch--> no money---> no goblins.
And how are you getting crocs before basilisks? The beastkin need power ~4 to be overpowered, townswomen (and basilisks) can be had for 2-3. BTW, basilisks are acid, not poison, which is pretty unique.
Beastkin start with 50% affection already. It's probably that. And plenty of money invested in training. Also there's probably no power check when it's 50% affection.

And altars won't be reliable after next update, since you'll be able to only sacrifice once per month.
You must be joking, it's the only way to combat seals. You will need a sacrifice with a value of 31. Or.... you mean I should build multiple altars? Yeah it's gonna break draconian difficulty.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
No magic--> no witch--> no money---> no goblins.
You can get one goblin to get the train rolling for elemental heads, but not for the blue head. And that one isn't enough for draconian. Bummer.

...plenty of money invested in training.

Also there's probably no power check when it's 50% affection.
No, I mean how are you even getting them back to the lair? There's a power check involved, and you need 4-5 to overpower them regardless of affection.

Hmm, the dragon in your save does have 100 gold sunk into training, so that probably explains it. I never thought the training was worthwhile at these prices, but apparently draconian has such narrow limits that it actually is useful.

Or.... you mean I should build multiple altars? Yeah it's gonna break draconian difficulty.
Yes, it's meant to encourage multiple altars. Not going to work with current draconian, though.

Since there are several other changes coming up as well (hunting for forest and farm animals, mountain encounters, capped draining etc), I'm not touching this yet. Maybe I'll have to pull it back to once a week, we'll see.

salking

Mar 24, 2018
So now I got a few questions about egg potential.

First off, egg potential affects chance of +/- stats it seems, but is it using the spawned type's default power as a comparison?

Pretty sure higher dragon virility us always gives better egg P, but is it only power for the women that affects P on their end?

And lastly, are higher P eggs more lethal, or is it the women it depends on?

Edit:
And maybe throw in an issue report.
When pillaging or destroying a toll both on the trade routes I get silver coins in the hundreds. it does convert properly to gold coins once the event is done, just a bit odd

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
First off, egg quality affects chance of +/- stats, but is it using the spawned type's default power as a comparison?
Yes. You lose 10 HP or 1 ATK/ATKM (times the minion's stat growth multiplier, if any) for each 'missing' point, and get +10/+1 for 'extra'.

Pretty sure higher dragon virility us always gives better egg Q, but is it only power for the women that affects Q on their end?
Not only that. Egg quality is girl.core_power to girl.core_power+girl.power, but both can be no higher than the Dragon's virility. If the latter is actually less than girl.core_power, you miss your chance to get 'advanced' children.

Edit: Non-virgin pregnancies have these numbers halved in the end.

Currently, the last effect is not very strong. I'm going to change it sometime soonish.

And lastly, are higher Q eggs more lethal, or is it the women it depends on?
No, the chance to die depends entirely on what kind of girl it is and how many births she has already had. There are 'safe' rooms for preventing deaths during childbirth.

When pillaging or destroying a toll both on the trade routes I get silver coins in the hundreds. it does convert properly to gold coins...
Who is going to do the conversion? They don't exactly have moneychangers next to the tollbooths so the dragon can go and exchange his loot for higher denominations. :D You steal a pile of silver, you get to lug it back to the lair.

salking

Mar 24, 2018
Thanks for all the answers.
I'm guessing a "girls core power" is more than just the displayed power in the info tap?
And does it get lowered by any draining?

And now I actually have something the game told me to report.
Upon finishing any route in the enchanted forest starting from recall locations, even just failing to enter, that I've tried so far, I've gotten a message saying:

"Error! Bug with remembered location stamina use! report this at once!"

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I'm guessing a "girls core power" is more than just the displayed power in the info tap?
Most of the time, it's the first number ('virgin pregnancy'), or the first number *2 (non-'virgin').

And does it get lowered by any draining?
No, but girl.power does.

"Error! Bug with remembered location stamina use! report this at once!"
Harmless, but I'll have to recheck it again. :confused:

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes