Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

salking

Mar 24, 2018
Oh right, had to let some go when I was bellow medium in size, but still.

On another note, are nobles just bad breeding material?
Once you get the first spawn out of them, of which I've only gotten a 10 egg once, I've only ever gotten 1 potential 5 for lizard men eggs so far.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
... are nobles just bad breeding material?

Once you get the first spawn out of them, of which I've only gotten a 10 egg once, I've only ever gotten 1 potential 5 for lizard men eggs so far.
A quality 5 Lizardman egg is pretty good. What better options do you have for disposable minions?

And a quality 10 Drake egg ought to be a game changer when you're still medium-large.

Or are you not getting Drake eggs?

salking

Mar 24, 2018
I am getting drake eggs, just can't build the hatchery for it just yet, need to create some sparks.
So my staple atm are basilisks, and those I've managed to get quite a few good ones of.
They are base 5 power and I've gotten a few eggs with potential 7

my second best minion atm i think in the spoiler, best being a homunculus
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Speaking of, why is the power negative here?
Is it because of current hp rather than max hp?

And on the hp note, are the nobles supposed to have such a low hp pool when they spawn?
I can kinda see why but really, should they have less than 20 hp and be more fragile than those "below" them?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I am getting drake eggs, just can't build the hatchery for it just yet, need to create some sparks.
But you actually have the frozen hatchery? Abandoned ice citadel, then?

So my staple atm are basilisks
Yeah, basilisks are the best 'green hatchery' minion.

Speaking of, why is the power negative here?
Is it because of current hp rather than max hp?
Yes, power is dynamic.

And on the hp note, are the nobles supposed to have such a low hp pool when they spawn?
Well, they're spoiled princess types after all. They have higher attack values, egg quality and more expensive milk to make up for it. Not to mention drakes and lizardmen, who are considerably more powerful than lower-tier spawns.

Edit: They also sell for more at the docks, and give more sparks/seals.

That being said, average HP is 15 for nobles, 20 for townswomen/nuns and 25 for peasants. 10HP isn't that much of a difference, and they also have somewhat higher attack caps.

salking

Mar 24, 2018
Nah I have the wood one, just got my wings so I can search for the frozen and fire ones.
I believe they're found while soaring through the skies,

And going to have to upgrade from the forgotten temple soonish.
Sure I can dig out more rooms but that's a bit inefficient use of stamina and food if you plan to move.

Edit:
on another note, found another untranslated line with a trade ship encounter
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Nah I have the wood one
How did you beat the elves before the Jötun?! o_O Or if it was from a druid, that's a bug.

I believe they're found while soaring through the skies
Skies, mountains and a 'poverty' encounter where you can avoid the fight.

forgotten temple
Sure I can dig out more rooms but that's a bit inefficient use of stamina and food if you plan to move.
Well, you might try the mountain castle. Not diggable, but 40 rooms by default. Or the ice/fire caves, which are diggable.

Edit: Thanks for spotting the translation issue.

salking

Mar 24, 2018
In that case I might have found you a bug.
Sparked my way into the enchanted forest and while roaming in there I got a druid battle that left me with the forest hatchery.

And I'm guessing it's pretty rare to encounter the Jötun and ifrit at all?
Or are there other requirements like a high mobilization?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
In that case I might have found you a bug.
Indeed, thanks.

And I'm guessing it's pretty rare to encounter the Jötun and ifrit at all?
Or are there other requirements like a high mobilization?
Jötuns are slightly more common, since they exist in three locations (mountains, sky and 'poverty'), while Efreeti are indeed rather rare. It's just a matter of grinding and luck, no extra conditions.

Edit: Okay, I just figured out a way to fix the 'sacrifices once per month vs draconian difficulty'. If you have less seals than days left until next month +3 days for a safety margin, you can continue reinforcing the seals, but sacrifices restore only half as many seals as before.

Last edited:

salking

Mar 24, 2018
Ok something odd just happened again with the slavers on the mountain, and only when you ask for a slavegirl.
I already reported this a few pages back, but this time the game actually crashed rather than just showing the traceback ingame.
Didn't include everything in the traceback file this time, it's getting rather lengthy.

Code:
    call lair(from_assign = True)
  File "game/_story/hunt/mountain.rpy", line 297, in script
    $girl = Girl(origin = ['citizen', 'citizen', 'citizen', 'holy', 'princess', 'princess'],personality = select(texts['enumerate']['personality']))
  File "D:\spel\h\dragons\Time_for_Dragons_DD_Mod_Sep_2020\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\spel\h\dragons\Time_for_Dragons_DD_Mod_Sep_2020\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/_story/hunt/mountain.rpy", line 297, in <module>
    $girl = Girl(origin = ['citizen', 'citizen', 'citizen', 'holy', 'princess', 'princess'],personality = select(texts['enumerate']['personality']))
  File "game/_script/characters/Girl.rpy", line 33, in __init__
    self.origin_str = p(origin)
  File "game/_script/subsystem/Phrase.rpy", line 7, in __call__
    if self.data.has_key(key):
TypeError: unhashable type: 'RevertableList'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Время для Драконов: Королевство Монстров 28-09-20
Wed Oct 21 11:18:51 2020
sorry to bother you if it's the exact same issue

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yeah, same issue. The game is trying to give you a girl with 6 origins at the same time instead of picking one. :oops:

salking

Mar 24, 2018
Alright then, guess I'll leave them alone until that hotfix is done, and hope I don't find any other issues :p

Edit:
hmm what is needed to change an image used in the game?
Feel that the last image when you do the sacrificing is a bit too gory for my taste.
Yes you can fast forward through it but still.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
hmm what is needed to change an image used in the game?
...a bit too gory for my taste.
Find the image and replace it with one you like more, rescaling it to match the original dimensions ('game\images\lair buildings\bg sacrifice3.webp' and 1920x1080 in this case). Doesn't need to be WebP, JPG and PNG work just as well.

If you find a better fit, let me know. But the picture is supposed to be somewhat gory. The current one is actually pretty blurry, I saw lots worse while I was looking for girl death pictures. :cautious:

salking

Mar 24, 2018
True the current text depicts quite a gory process, but It's not something I seek out.
I still like the game and the mod, and I can stomach it, just would like a way to skip just that pic or have a shortened sequence.

But that's just me

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Well, you can just 'bg sacrifice2.webp' as 'bg sacrifice2.webp'. Or something like the attachment. I had some sort of 'getting knifed' picture too, but can't find it again. :(

Or just skip to the choices.

I am not particularly aroused by the gore, but others might be. :sneaky: And it fits the situation rather well.

salking

Mar 24, 2018
On to more code things again.
Got a crash from a "roam the countryside" event.
The one with the ogre and the woman.
Trying to go into battle with them leads to a crash

At the moment I had just done some infamy dumping so the dragon was at 1 hp
Code:
  File "game/_story/hunt/plains.rpy", line 947, in script call
    call arena(encounter=['ogre','half-elf_witch'])
  File "game/_script/combat/arena.rpy", line 223, in script
    python:
  File "D:\spel\h\dragons\Time_for_Dragons_DD_Mod_Sep_2020\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\spel\h\dragons\Time_for_Dragons_DD_Mod_Sep_2020\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Sep_2020\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/_script/combat/arena.rpy", line 229, in <module>
    encounter_party.add(Enemy(mob_id))
  File "game/_script/characters/Mob.rpy", line 18, in __init__
    debug(['mob_id not found',minion_id])
NameError: global name 'minion_id' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Время для Драконов: Королевство Монстров 28-09-20
Wed Oct 21 16:42:14 2020

Last edited:

Dragoon_Raid

Jun 6, 2017
Game's hard. Even after knowing some stuff and playing on Easy Mode, I've only been able to get Ending 2 legit due to getting dolls and extreme luck. (Silver and Breeding goes a long way)

Question though. Is there a way to reduce the Satiety drop? Or at least any way to get more? Even in Easy, I would struggle to find sheep and catch fish to gain them, even with the villages.

I also saw something called "Bottomless Belly" mentioned on here, but I have no clue what that is. Where can I find it?

salking

Mar 24, 2018
Game's hard. Even after knowing some stuff and playing on Easy Mode, I've only been able to get Ending 2 legit due to getting dolls and extreme luck. (Silver and Breeding goes a long way)
Yes it is hard, I play on normal and it took a while to be able to do anything.
Save scumming to get started helped me a bit, but it's not for everyone

Question though. Is there a way to reduce the Satiety drop? Or at least any way to get more? Even in Easy, I would struggle to find sheep and catch fish to gain them, even with the villages.
There's no way to reduce satiety usage that i know of, if you're low on it check on orders in your lair to set usage during slumber.

I also saw something called "Bottomless Belly" mentioned on here, but I have no clue what that is. Where can I find it?
The bottomless belly is an evolution under the special tab.
It allows you to hold an additional 400 satiety but it costs 100 experience/days

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Got a crash
File "game/_story/hunt/plains.rpy", line 947, in script call
call arena(encounter=['ogre','half-elf_witch'])
I'm aware of it. She's not a 'witch' any more :whistle::
Code:
            call arena(encounter=['ogre','half-elf_enchantress'])

Game's hard.
No kidding. :p There are warnings plastered onto various parts of the game to that effect.

getting dolls
Homunculi will get nerfed, and so will draining captives.

I've added 'hunt for farm animals' and 'hunt for wild animals' options to the WIP version. But the big satiety gains come from the lizardman village.

Raiding Darkwood or the larger villages might also work, and cows instead of sheep are a much better choice per action. This assumes you're tough enough to handle those, though.

Dragoon_Raid

Jun 6, 2017
There's no way to reduce satiety usage that i know of, if you're low on it check on orders in your lair to set usage during slumber.
Yeah, I should probably start doing that. I usually ignore that option, with the few times where I checked off the gaining of lust since I constantly burnt through Mana and HP (Mana for gold, and HP for early game on Normal when I start the game with Blue head) and need them. I should do that more.

The bottomless belly is an evolution under the special tab.
It allows you to hold an additional 400 satiety but it costs 100 experience/days
Yikes... I might have to sacrifice a size upgrade to get that. All my Normal runs end when I get the alter quest since I can never get 5 mana in time due to waiting for evo's to take place. Then again, if I'm struggling to get Satiety in the first place, I probably should work on that before getting Belly. Going to try just doing one Evo at a time and see how that helps me.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I constantly burnt through Mana and HP
If you have the Witch unlocked, she can heal you. It costs a pretty penny, but this way you can trade money for time.

I might have to sacrifice a size upgrade to get that.
A higher satiety limit is not going to help you when your problem is getting satiety in the first place. A Large dragon also has 400 satiety total, costs 120 on top of medium and gives you all sorts of extra perks, including the magic armor spell.

Going to try just doing one Evo at a time and see how that helps me.
If you can get enough satiety and XP, it'll actually hinder you, slowing progress down. But if satiety and XP are limited, it's indeed the better option.

One thing to note is that if XP is the bottleneck, maybe you should quit relying on minions so much. :)

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 8 Votes