Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
I'd appreciate someone testing this. Let the doomsday clock tick over, get a reasonable day 600 dragon, and try to climb out of the hole without fighting the projections. If it's not possible, I'll probably have to increase the sacrifice results back again.
Managing my evolutions I could probably get a dragon (suppose it's termed a drake after these evolutions) with two pairs of grasping hands, all specials, a pair of ether wings, (how ever it's spelled) maybe two depending how close it is and it's largest size with maybe about 15 combat training (out of about 44 or something can't remember) with about 100 days to spare but it'll be lean. Would this be a sufficient test. I'm not going to try it on the hardest difficulty because that requires to much attention and with the mod still be unstable I'm worried about putting the time in and losing the save. At the moment my times precious so probably normal or hard. I could do it on easy but I'm worried this wont give us an accurate result I could just use my test dragon however it's maxed out for the sake of testing and might not help much however I suppose if you played the game always killing the cultists then it's possible for you to be pimped out before the doom clock runs down I guess. It's how I played my original save on the base game.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
It doesn't work with line 209.
Wrong places again. :unsure: You need it to be like this:
Code:
            if type in ['goblins','guards','regular_guards','elite_guards','poisonous_guards','all']:
                for room in self.rooms:
                    if room.id == 'guard_post':
                        if room.minion:
                            if 'fortifications' in ignore_list:
                                multiplier = 1
                            else:
                                multiplier = 2
                            if type in ['poisonous_guards','guards','all'] and room.minion.id in ['cockatrice','poisonous_asp','winged_asp']:
                                if type in fail_list:
                                    result += 4*multiplier
                                elif 'poisonous_guards' in ignore_list:
                                    result += 1*multiplier
                                else:
                                    result += 2*multiplier
                            elif type in ['goblins','regular_guards','guards','all'] and room.minion.id in ['goblin','gremlin']:
                                if type in fail_list:
                                    result += 2*multiplier
                                elif 'regular_guards' in ignore_list:
                                    result += 0.5*multiplier
                                else:
                                    result += 1*multiplier
                            elif type in ['regular_guards','guards','all'] and not room.minion.id in ['goblin','gremlin'] and room.minion.power <= 5:
                                if type in fail_list:
                                    result += 4*multiplier
                                elif 'regular_guards' in ignore_list:
                                    result += 1*multiplier
                                else:
                                    result += 2*multiplier
                            elif type in ['elite_guards','guards','all'] and not room.minion.id in ['goblin','gremlin'] and room.minion.power > 5:
                                if type in fail_list:
                                    result += 4*multiplier
                                elif 'elite_guards' in ignore_list:
                                    result += 1*multiplier
                                else:
                                    result += 2*multiplier
No more, no less.

Managing my evolutions I could probably get a dragon (suppose it's termed a drake after these evolutions) with two pairs of grasping hands, all specials, a pair of ether wings, (how ever it's spelled) maybe two depending how close it is and it's largest size with maybe about 15 combat training (out of about 44 or something can't remember) with about 100 days to spare
That should be quite impossible. Your evolutions take over 2600 XP, which makes for about 900 days of just sleeping. Unless you're using the 'max-size dragon can evolve instantly' system, which might need to be moved to a higher tier, then.

Also, how are you amassing 2600+ XP that fast? You could maybe get 12*50 = 600 from quests, probably less. A single battle should be netting you 10, 20 XP at best, and you can do those once per couple of days at most, and even that assumes you're already heavily evolved, increasing sleeping time again.

Also, it seems that the harder difficulties inflate XP. I need to cut down on that if it is so.

Would this be a sufficient test.
No, that dragon is way too powerful, he can probably close down the gates without any problems.

I'll need to nerf dragon evolution somehow, it seems.

I suppose if you played the game always killing the cultists then it's possible for you to be pimped out before the doom clock runs down I guess. It's how I played my original save on the base game.
There was no 'doom clock' in the base game, only the cultists. Whom you can kill, unless devastation is growing too fast and the dark archmages pop out when you're still figuring out how to grow hands. :D

I'm not going to try it on the hardest difficulty because that requires to much attention and with the mod still be unstable I'm worried about putting the time in and losing the save. At the moment my times precious so probably normal or hard. I could do it on easy
Normal difficulty is entirely fine. You can probably use debug mode's console on saves to speed things up if you need to.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Harder difficulties inflate mob stats. More stats = More EXP.
Yeah, I found that. I'm converting XP back to base stats only. Hard difficulty is supposed to be hard, after all. :p Also, no more sleepless evolution until you're level 25 (out of 38) and maximum size. The last alone seems to be too easy.

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
There was no 'doom clock' in the base game, only the cultists. Whom you can kill, unless devastation is growing too fast and the dark archmages pop out when you're still figuring out how to grow hands. :D
I think there's been a miscommunication here at some point when I say base game, it's in the context of your mod so Time for Dragons.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yes, I also meant TfD. The seals only went down when you stumbled upon cultists, which was entirely chance-based. So no doomsday 'clock'.

Edit: Another thing I don't quite understand about getting a 2600+ XP dragon in under 600 days: the size evolutions alone take 1380 XP, which means 1380 days spent sleeping, as you can't spend XP without sleeping until size is maxed, plus size evolutions progress one at a time. And you need to do a lot more than just sleeping to get anywhere. o_O

Last edited:

Eliont

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2018
I don't quite understand
Did you change that only 1 exp can be consumed per 1 day slept?
BC in my version dragon can sleep 1 day to apply any number of pending tranformations.
And you can spend free exp without sleeping, it just done in the same menu for convenience.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Did you change that only 1 exp can be consumed per 1 day slept?
And you can spend free exp without sleeping, it just done in the same menu for convenience.
Both are changed. Each XP requires 10 satiety and 1 day of sleep to apply.

The exception to the above is when the dragon is heavlly evolved, then you can use the 'spend XP' button again (but still pay more satiety).

I might have missed some corner of code that allows people to bypass this, that's why I'm asking.

Edit: I think a reasonable day 600 dragon would be Huge, i.e. size 6 and evolution level 10-20, depending on the exact body parts you go for. Given enough money, that can get you +20-40 Attack Mastery from the trainer back in Drakonia.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Because in my experience, Mediafire works across most browsers and circumstances, and Mega does not. I haven't really noted any great speed differences between them, either. YMMV.

I also have no real desire to sign up to Mega in addition to Mediafire. If the mod stabilizes and people want to host it there on their own, I'm not adverse to adding the links to the OP. But right now, it's unstable and incomplete, and I'd rather focus on completing it rather than hosting and updating it in a zillion places.

Zil Nalhir

Dec 23, 2017
True but i have an account with Mega Fire but Mediafire downloaded just fine... i just hate games that send you to download sites you have to pay for. or the download speed is stupid slow like 200Mb download takes 5 hours to do... when it only should take me like 20 seconds XD you feel me on that one? also with that being said. the game seems to do pretty well the only real complaint i have is how to get more EXP to evolve my Dragon. i know Quest help but it seems like i glitch out somethings or the game its self has glitchs... like i cant expand out my Den because i need 13 Sanity when i have over 200 Sanity. shit like that. XD

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
i just hate games that send you to download sites you have to pay for. or the download speed is stupid slow like 200Mb download takes 5 hours to do...
Maybe there are regional differences, but my experience has been that Mediafire always downloads reasonably fast and never imposes download quotas on me, unlike Mega. And popups, that's what adblockers were invented for. :sneaky:

the game seems to do pretty well the only real complaint i have is how to get more EXP to evolve my Dragon.
Quests are a good source early on. Otherwise, fight things. You get enemy.power XP per kill. The Darkwood fights also give extra experience.

i know Quest help but it seems like i glitch out somethings or the game its self has glitchs...
Can't help you without more precise information about these 'glitches'.

like i cant expand out my Den because i need 13 Sanity when i have over 200 Sanity.
Some lairs - well, probably more like half of them :) - are not expandable at all, including the starting one. Are you not seeing the 'Lair cannot be expanded' message? It really means what it says there. :p I'll change it so it says 'This Lair cannot be expanded.

And lair-building makes you hungry, not insane. :LOL:

Zil Nalhir

Dec 23, 2017
it pulls up the Roll back option for fight scenes i just deleted it off my computer but i could reinstall and do it again.

Zil Nalhir

Dec 23, 2017
Just spent like 3 hours or so yesterday plaything this game and FOUND alot of Bugs. ill screen shot what i find and send it your way. but yeah any fight scenes pulls up the Roll back or skip this message and auto wins the fight for me

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
but yeah any fight scenes pulls up the Roll back or skip this message and auto wins the fight for me
Known issue. Read the thread. The problem is that I missed renaming some graphics files, so you need to re-add those.

also fighting on my end no matter what doesn't give me Exp at all
Most likely because of the above problem. Fix that, and you should start getting XP.

Zil Nalhir

Dec 23, 2017
i was reading threw the pages. and i seen that... problem is people are to lazy to fix it them selfs. XD like me TBH with you. seems like alot of work to track down the files and redo them or at least the ones messed up. having 1 million people fix something 1 million times when it can be fix and re-uploaded once to fix the problem. if you see my point

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes