Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

ixet_mad

Mar 24, 2019
That 'minion_id' needs to be 'room.minion.id'. Although why you have minions when you're so poor is a mystery. o_O

Edit: You should go visit the sperm bank... er, the Witch, or something. :p
I changed it, but it didn't work. Maybe I did something wrong?

Last edited:

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
I'm willing to change the content (tentacal pits) but If I'm going to I'd rather go the whole hog. Is all the information pertaining to TPs in this file? Although again this seems like a much bigger change than it needs to be, it might be easier to simply turn off pregnancy death. Seems like a matter of degree here now. I've managed to do it in the save but I haven't gone near the game files. I've been looking at the chance of someone dying when they give birth or rather how much it goes up by, why is the princess such a.. well princess :ROFLMAO: I'm guessing it's supposed to be some sort of life style thing like, shes a pampered shite that's never known hardship so giving birth comes down on her pretty hard. I can see why now there can be so many bugs though, with how important grammer is- the irony isn't lost on me there, I'm going to leave it as it is. :) I don't know how some one could find this uninteresting though, in fact sourcing game assets like art and what have you seems like the pain when all you need for this is a tool to edit the code with.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
traps can be demolished can be lost when you move lair and during that time you can lose all of your hard work (the girls), it's that simple
if the girls can't run away because of something you do to them you never need to worry about anything happening to upset the status quo this is the point I'm trying to get across.
Traps can be lost, true. Minions are not lost, and you can also temporarily turn your girls into minions while you rebuild. That's exactly the point: lair movement is a risky business and requires extraordinary effort on your part.

And upsetting the status quo of your girl security is another challenge I happen to like. You can prepare for moving lairs, by stocking up on satiety for some emergency cages, stockpiling minions and raising affection, all so that you can weather the storm.

As for that 0.1% I wasn't being literal, I was choosing the smallest increment to illustrate my point
Okay, but even then your point is missing the fact that the smallest 'increment' is zero.

It's true that if you argument is that the girls would run away from a cat dragon they would of course, I would assume but I don't think they should at all when you are maxed out, by your premise they shouldn't, using the logic of your point, yes your lair should be kitted out by then however again keeping your argument in mind the dragons size should greatly influence that run away positively as much as it does negatively.
You'll get the dragon.fear modifier that basically grows with size. In other respects, a big bad sleeping dragon is an incentive to run away whenever you can. :D

however where as you need defense to protect yourself against thief's and knights and what have you don't really need it for keeping the girls from running away like in the base game.
I guess that's where we disagree on the basics. A trap works both ways, the girls don't get any special 'trap tours'. That's also how it worked in the original Defiler Wings, girls getting killed by traps while escaping. At least here they don't even try. :)

And guards, well, they're a staple of keeping stuff captive.

If your concern though is that tiny wimpy dragons shouldn't be able to intimidate girls into not running away, you could just have it that when you up grade your body size it doesn't happen any more.
My concern is not a tiny wimpy dragon, it's any dragon at all. Dragon fear will only work to a degree, and if the girl is some sort of warrior-type (i.e. has some 'power'), she can suppress that fear somewhat. To be absolutely sure, you need guards, or traps, or cages, or pits or another sort of security measure that works while you sleep.

You've said that there is a lair that universally garantees no escapes, which one is it.
There's no universal lair, that's the beauty of it. The Forgotten Temple is angel-proof, the Abbey and Underwater Palace are demon-containing, the four Giant castles work on all but angels, demons and the respective girl type, Impregnable Peaks only let angels and demons escape.

you can awaken them (break them finally make them completely under your control) and if you don't want to, don't
In my experience, games that make core features optional don't become better for it, even if at first glance it looks like they should. This basically amounts to saying that 'don't use the security buildings unless you want to larp as a nest-building dragon'. Players optimise this kind of stuff.

Essentially, what you're advocating for is gutting the lair-building part as far as meaningful decisions go and only rely on one of the dragon stats. I don't even know which one: size, level, evolution, power, perhaps even infamy? I'm obviously not a fan of any of this.

I'm willing to change the content (tentacal pits) but If I'm going to I'd rather go the whole hog. Is all the information pertaining to TPs in this file?
No, there's a message in date.rpy (search for 'girls_breeding_death'), the actual birthing and stat-draining mechanics in 'lair - classes.rpy' and room unlocking in Main_story_quests.rpy. And the image to go with the message is 'bg event breeding_death.webp', which definitely has some serious tentacle action. ;)

Edit: There are also Milking Farms, which also provide safe births and drain the girls a bit faster. The info for those is in the same places.

Although again this seems like a much bigger change than it needs to be, it might be easier to simply turn off pregnancy death.
Well, I suppose you could just add 'self.added_chance_per_birth = 0' at the end of girl generation. That's in Girl.rpy, roughly line 313. Mind the indents. I'm not really certain why you'd want to do this, though. You can skip pregnancies for your favourites, and if some of the others die, so what? This is a pseudo-medieval setting, this kind of stuff happens regularly.

I've been looking at the chance of someone dying when they give birth or rather how much it goes up by, why is the princess such a.. well princess
Yeah, nobles aren't as hardy as the others. 'Princess' is a misnomer, the 'princess' origin covers all sorts of nobility, not just royals. Currently, I think the first birth is 'free' and the next goes up by the percentage. I'm changing it so the first birth has a failure rate as listed, and the increase is only 10% of that percentage. You're probably going to dislike that even more. :p

I can see why now there can be so many bugs though, with how important grammer is
Nah, most of the current bugs are just lack of testing and tiredness or forgetfulness on my part. You've seen nothing of how bad and well-hidden a proper bug can be. :geek:

I don't know how some one could find this uninteresting though, in fact sourcing game assets like art and what have you seems like the pain when all you need for this is a tool to edit the code with.
Say this again when you've done it for six months. :D I'm actually taking a break from my other mod with Deranged Dragon, because it's at least an order of magnitude simpler.

I changed it, but it didn't work. Maybe I did something wrong?
Probably, because it worked for me. Post your 'lair - classes.rpy' so I can take a look.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
You haven't changed anything in there as far as I can tell. Line 698 needs 'room.minion.id' instead of 'minion_id'.

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
Okay, but even then your point is missing the fact that the smallest 'increment' is zero.
Well no, in the context of my argument it would be the smallest number before nothing. :)
My concern is not a tiny wimpy dragon, it's any dragon at all. Dragon fear will only work to a degree, and if the girl is some sort of warrior-type (i.e. has some 'power'), she can suppress that fear somewhat. To be absolutely sure, you need guards, or traps, or cages, or pits or another sort of security measure that works while you sleep.
Well no not really, fifty years of dragon rape would likely steal any spirit from them :)
In my experience, games that make core features optional don't become better for it, even if at first glance it looks like they should. This basically amounts to saying that 'don't use the security buildings unless you want to larp as a nest-building dragon'. Players optimise this kind of stuff.

Essentially, what you're advocating for is gutting the lair-building part as far as meaningful decisions go and only rely on one of the dragon stats. I don't even know which one: size, level, evolution, power, perhaps even infamy? I'm obviously not a fan of any of this.
Well again no, you would still need everything like that for what it should be for in my opinion defending against the knight and stopping the thief. You yourself have already outlined what it would take to ensure no one would escape and it didn't seem like much so seems like what's the point going to that hassle when you could just have it that the girls can't escape.

"Essentially, what you're advocating for is gutting the lair-building part as far as meaningful decisions go"

Your doing this too yourself :) as I've said you would use the defense for what they should be for stopping people from getting it although I suppose any sufficient defense capable of doing this would also be able to keep girls from running away so what's the point.
No, there's a message in date.rpy (search for 'girls_breeding_death'), the actual birthing and stat-draining mechanics in 'lair - classes.rpy' and room unlocking in Main_story_quests.rpy. And the image to go with the message is 'bg event breeding_death.webp', which definitely has some serious tentacle action. ;)
Nice.
Well, I suppose you could just add 'self.added_chance_per_birth = 0' at the end of girl generation. That's in Girl.rpy, roughly line 313. Mind the indents. I'm not really certain why you'd want to do this, though. You can skip pregnancies for your favourites, and if some of the others die, so what? This is a pseudo-medieval setting, this kind of stuff happens regularly.
Yeah I found it :) I'm playing with it now but it still seemed to rise none the less and I did because I suspected it would be a smaller job, which it would seem that it is, that is. It's simpler to switch all of the girls switches to 0 than it seem to completely change the tentical pit. Your right of course, birth back then often meant a death sentience reality is cruel but remember, this is a video game :) and I play it to escape harsh realities not o be reminded of them. and this isn't a fun mechanic but we've discused this already. The girls in my lair the only girls are girls I want so if any of them die that's bad so not impregnating or being intimate with any of the favorite girls means not impregnating or being intimate with any girls. I know you've said about making it possible to be with them without getting the pregnant but I don't have that update yet :) Right now a lot of the changes I'm making aren't even anything I will even make again I'm just practicing.
Yeah, nobles aren't as hardy as the others. 'Princess' is a misnomer, the 'princess' origin covers all sorts of nobility, not just royals. Currently, I think the first birth is 'free' and the next goes up by the percentage. I'm changing it so the first birth has a failure rate as listed, and the increase is only 10% of that percentage. You're probably going to dislike that even more. :p
You're not wrong, seems like over kill :) People are going to burn through their girls fast. Which is a shame if they don't want that but I suppose it's fine if that's the desired effect, that is I mean if getting through girls quickly is what you want. I'm not sure why you would want to get through your girls that quickly when already it feels pretty fast. You can already get rid of a girl in so many ways (eating, freeing, escaping., etc) I don't think you need to speed the process up any haha :D

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Well no, in the context of my argument it would be the smallest number before nothing.
Which doesn't really matter, because you'll pretty much only hit that exact number by accident. I was under the impression you meant it as a lower bound, to show that you always need to be wary of escapes. Which isn't true, if the actual lowest number is zero. :D

Well no not really, fifty years of dragon rape would likely steal any spirit from them
As it currently is, even 5 years of dragon rape will kill them stone dead via miscarriages or being tentacled to death. Unless you let them 'recharge' by torturing other girls, which will certainly perk their mental fortitude up a bit as well. :)

Well again no, you would still need everything like that for what it should be for in my opinion defending against the knight and stopping the thief. You yourself have already outlined what it would take to ensure no one would escape and it didn't seem like much so seems like what's the point going to that hassle when you could just have it that the girls can't escape.
The point is exactly making sure you don't skip the 'hassle'. Think of it as uprooting your base in an RTS. You'll have to rebuild your power structure, your barracks, other stuff... And the enemy (Knights and Thieves, in this case) is not waiting. :p

so what's the point.
The point is needing that infrastructure, and having to be extra-careful when events conspire to strip you of it.

Edit: And upgrading it when the Knights become too powerful, or you get access new girls, or want to donate all your guards to the Army of Darkness or the Lizard Tribe.

I'm playing with it now but it still seemed to rise none the less
Then you probably mishandled something. Or the entire 'delicate princesses' bit wouldn't be able to work at all.

It's simpler to switch all of the girls switches to 0 than it seem to completely change the tentical pit.
Of course. But you're stripping yourself of an important gameplay mechanic by going the route of least resistance.

Your right of course, birth back then often meant a death sentience reality is cruel but remember, this is a video game and I play it to escape harsh realities not o be reminded of them
Sure, games are a form of escapism and usually I'd agree with you. But the theme of this game is causing destruction and suffering as an immoral, rampaging, sex-crazed dragon. Having your victims die while laying your eggs is entirely consistent with it. I understand that you want an, erm, 'cuddlier' dragon, and I'm willing to tell you how to achieve that. But I'm not changing the tone of the game or the mod just for you.

People are going to burn through their girls fast.
The change is not so much focused on killing girls, but on making Tentacle Pits feel special and powerful when you finally get access to them. And some minor 'realism'.

Last edited:

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
As it currently is, even 5 years of dragon rape will kill them stone dead via miscarriages or being tentacled to death. Unless you let them 'recharge' by torturing other girls, which will certainly perk their mental fortitude up a bit as well. :)
Then my argument stands it's just 50 years with breaks :) It's still happening isn't it.
The point is exactly making sure you don't skip the 'hassle'. Think of it as uprooting your base in an RTS. You'll have to rebuild your power structure, your barracks, other stuff... And the enemy (Knights and Thieves, in this case) is not waiting. :p

The point is needing that infrastructure, and having to be extra-careful when events conspire to strip you of it.

Edit: And upgrading it when the Knights become too powerful, or you get access new girls, or want to donate all your guards to the Army of Darkness or the Lizard Tribe.
Er my argument here was in the context of your own point that is, worrying that having the dragon able to intimadate the girls to not running away was going to blitz your entire base building re-work, and I was arguing that keepin the girls in check wasn't the sole reason for building a base which you've just proved :) again with your next point I'm worried your not paying attention to what I'm saying. "Your doing this too yourself :) as I've said you would use the defense for what they should be for stopping people from getting it although I suppose any sufficient defense capable of doing this would also be able to keep girls from running away so what's the point." this whole point was about what's the point of having the defense effect the girls escaping when the defense capable of doing so you'll have for stopping the knight or thief. I wasn't advocating removing the need for defense here.
Then you probably mishandled something. Or the entire 'delicate princesses' bit wouldn't be able to work at all.
Yeah I don't understand what I did, all I did was change those values to 0 but I left the last one as 20 as it didn't have an identification next to it.
Of course. But you're stripping yourself of an important gameplay mechanic by going the route of least resistance.
Your not wrong, as I've stated though changing the girls stats to 0 seemed a lot simpler than completely changing that room. At least until I figure out how to do more. I only started looking into these things an hour ago :) Edit: I actually don't want to turn off birth deaths I couldn't care less about deaths or escapes, I just don't want it to effect a select group of girls.
Sure, games are a form of escapism and usually I'd agree with you. But the theme of this game is causing destruction and suffering as an immoral, rampaging, sex-crazed dragon. Having your victims die while laying your eggs is entirely consistent with it. I understand that you want an, erm, 'cuddlier' dragon, and I'm willing to tell you how to achieve that. But I'm not changing the tone of the game or the mod just for you.
Again you've missed it :) I couldn't care less about any other girls outside of my favorites list. There is a select group of girls I don't want to lose that's it. Because losing them is a pain. This is why I was suggesting a favorites list so you don't lose the mechanics you enjoy. I don't expect you to change anything for me :) I haven't expected anything from you it was nice to have the fairy thing in cluded but as you've stated before (in regards to reloading saves to undo something) the things you do, you do for yourself and that's fine :) I know you in cluded my request because you directly agreed with it. It would be nice sure, because as I've stated losing your favorite girls doesn't appeal to me, don't know why it'd appeal to anyone. Regardless of weather your a dragon or not, sure it wouldn't feel broken up about it ether like a player would but it would notice the absence of it's favorite fuck toy. Even dogs that don't possess any sentience still notice the absence of a dog it was raised with or even it's favorite chew toy.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Then my argument stands it's just 50 years with breaks It's still happening isn't it.
Not really, because of
which will certainly perk their mental fortitude up a bit as well.
The breaks would actually be 'rest breaks'. :D Pretty long ones, too.

I wasn't advocating removing the need for defense here.
You were advocating obsoleting the escape-preventing part of it.

Yeah I don't understand what I did, all I did was change those values to 0 but I left the last one as 20 as it didn't have an identification next to it.
The last one is there just in case, so 'custom' origins won't crash. But I told you to just add a line at the end which would have overridden all of them.

Your not wrong, as I've stated though changing the girls stats to 0 seemed a lot simpler than completely changing that room. At least until I figure out how to do more. I only started looking into these things an hour ago
I just proposed changing the flavour text. 'Magical maternity ward', 'drains some life power to guarantee the mother survives', 'taught to the Dragon by the Mistress', 'any King would envy this', or whatever tickles your fancy. So you don't have to feel dirty when putting your girls in there. :)

losing your favorite girls doesn't appeal to me, don't know why it'd appeal to anyone.
It doesn't exactly appeal to me, either. What I want out of it is to be forced to make a significant effort to set things up so that my 'harem' is safe. Not just terrorise them for a little while and, bam, all the problems are gone, forever.

That's the core difference that makes me dislike your proposal.

Edit2: Not to mention I'd have to write some new UI for what's basically superfluous to me. If I want to keep a girl alive and safe, I put her in a Tentacle Pit. No running away, no death at childbirth. I can't sex her any further, so she can just stay there until I get the egg-laying message. She gets drained a bit, so she goes to a cage after that. Perhaps not the most efficient way to do things, but an efficient dragon wouldn't bother with a harem anyway.

If I don't want to drain her, she goes on a 'waifu team', a cage, or just hangs around if I have sufficient defenses. I want recreational sex, she resigns from the team/cage for a moment. A couple of extra clicks in the sex routine aren't all that bothersome.

Edit:
I actually don't want to turn off birth deaths I couldn't care less about deaths or escapes, I just don't want it to effect a select group of girls.
Don't impregnate them, or put them in the incubator when they're about to give birth. If they're so special to you, show some care towards them. Not the 'I love you' care, the 'this vase will break if I drop it' care. :p

The girl script looks okay. But remember, it'll only work for new girls, your old ones still have their previous values.

Last edited:

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
The breaks would actually be 'rest breaks'. :D Pretty long ones, too.
If someone was to torture you on again off again for the rest of your life do you think you would be sane after that or as mad as a hatter. :)
You were advocating obsoleting the escape-preventing part of it.
Your right, I was. but your argument was embellished claiming that it would undo the whole reason for your mod there hence why I said "Your doing this too yourself :) as I've said you would use the defense for what they should be for stopping people from getting it" it=in.
The last one is there just in case, so 'custom' origins won't crash. But I told you to just add a line at the end which would have overridden all of them.
Yeah you did :) however I had already made my changes well before hand this the time I got that message. I could have gone back however it's getting late and I need to get off :) What was it that had gone wrong with my change?
Not really, because of
I just proposed changing the flavour text. 'Magical maternity ward', 'drains some life power to guarantee the mother survives', 'taught to the Dragon by the Mistress', 'any King would envy this', or whatever tickles your fancy. So you don't have to feel dirty when putting your girls in there. :)
Yeah I hazard a guess that's what you meant but I took it one step further, I was actually going to suggest you help me. I couldn't decided if at the end of there term they would lose a percentage of there maximum health and attack through simply the labors of child birth or if I would have there health drop to about a tenth of it's full health to simulate them being drained, as I stated I figured I would go the whole hog and change the whole thing to be relevant to the new dialogue in for a penny in for a pound.
It doesn't exactly appeal to me, either. What I want out of it is to be forced to make a significant effort to set things up so that my 'harem' is safe. Not just terrorise them for a little while and, bam, all the problems are gone, forever.

That's the core difference that makes me dislike your proposal.

Edit:

Don't impregnate them, or put them in the incubator when they're about to give birth. If they're so special to you, show some care towards them. Not the 'I love you' care, the 'this vase will break if I drop it' care. :p

The girl script looks okay. But remember, it'll only work for new girls, your old ones still have their previous values.
I couldn't agree more all I want for that very select group is for them to be safe (as I've said the rest can go climb a tree) it's just the means for which we disagree on, a lot of which you've cleared up for me and if you do in fact implement a way of having safe sex with them then it shouldn't be to difficult to have had your cake and eaten it too. I'll admit I understand your reasoning for not wanting to remove that escape chance even on those favorite girls however your proposal of micro managing them meticulously, switching them about, doing the hookie kookie with them seems a lot less about good hard honest work and more like, well micromanagement. :)
that's where I went wrong :)

prehot

Jun 25, 2020
Hi there
Having issues with this error after releasing any area from demon seals. Would appreciate any feedback on how to fix it.
Cool mod so far Jman

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
If someone was to torture you on again off again for the rest of your life do you think you would be sane after that or as mad as a hatter.
Depends. Sometimes, people are suprisingly resilient. And that madness would most likely be more violent than submissive, if I'm allowed to torture others in the interim, which is really what we're discussing here.

Your right, I was. but your argument was embellished claiming that it would undo the whole reason for your mod
I don't know where you got these impressions, but I think never made that argument. Instead:
You'll just eliminate something like one third of the reason why I implemented the extended lair system in the first place.
If I gave a different impression, I'm sorry for the miscommunication.

I've said you would use the defense for what they should be for stopping people from getting it" it=in.
That's your personal view of how things ought to work. It's not how it worked in DW, in base TfT, in the mod or in common-sense reality (barring special circumstances). It's a largely gameplay-based invention, which is fine if your game is built around it, but not the case here.

I couldn't decided if at the end of there term they would lose a percentage of there maximum health and attack through simply the labors of child birth or if I would have there health drop to about a tenth of it's full health to simulate them being drained
Since normal pregnancies don't do anything of the sort, and should actually be even more dangerous, I'm not really sure why you'd want to change the default behaviour. The building helps girls deliver, the dangers lie in long-term exposure, which are there to counterbalance halved pregnancy time, not safe birthing.

Anyway, such things are best done within the lair.girl_birth() function.

a lot of which you've cleared up for me and if you do in fact implement a way of having safe sex with them then it shouldn't be to difficult to have had your cake and eaten it too. I'll admit I understand your reasoning for not wanting to remove that escape chance even on those favorite girls however your proposal of micro managing them meticulously, switching them about, doing the hookie kookie with them seems a lot less about good hard honest work and more like, well micromanagement.
I happen to like micromanagement a lot. Way too much, probably. :p And that micro only exists because a) I want to keep the special girls separate, lest I forget who they are; and b) before my lair has full-on defenses no girl can escape from. After that, there's no need for micro, unless I actually want to see them in battle or improve them by draining other prisoners. Some clicks aren't too high a price to pay for a 'waifu' that's getting better as time goes by, now are they?

Last edited:

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
That's your personal view of how things ought to work. It's not how it worked in DW, in base TfT, in the mod or in common-sense reality (barring special circumstances). It's a largely gameplay-based invention, which is fine if your game is built around it, but not the case here.
And obviously any other RTS where there is an attacking force.
Since normal pregnancies don't do anything of the sort, and should actually be even more dangerous, I'm not really sure why you'd want to change the default behaviour. The building helps girls deliver, the dangers lie in long-term exposure, which are there to counterbalance halved pregnancy time, not safe birthing.
When you consider you earlier arguments against my arguments for removing pregnancy death out right.

"Well, I suppose you could just add 'self.added_chance_per_birth = 0' at the end of girl generation. That's in Girl.rpy, roughly line 313. Mind the indents. I'm not really certain why you'd want to do this, though. You can skip pregnancies for your favorites, and if some of the others die, so what? This is a pseudo-medieval setting, this kind of stuff happens regularly."

Giving birth does drain a person and yes a woman typically can only have so many children before her body can't cope with it any longer so in the context of your argument here, my proposed changes are sound. In less of course your saying it's just a game in which case don't worry about it now in which case I'll direct you too

"Sure, games are a form of escapism and usually I'd agree with you. But the theme of this game is causing destruction and suffering as an immoral, rampaging, sex-crazed dragon. Having your victims die while laying your eggs is entirely consistent with it. I understand that you want an, erm, 'cuddlier' dragon, and I'm willing to tell you how to achieve that. But I'm not changing the tone of the game or the mod just for you."

I don't want to put it in but as per your rules I'm trying to add a little balance to it, a little realism.

"The building helps girls deliver, the dangers lie in long-term exposure, which are there to counterbalance halved pregnancy time, not safe birthing."

It was because of this I was trying to put it in, hospitals help women deliver, still leaves them in a weaken state, again I don't want this I was trying to make it desirable for you.

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
How is development coming along, did you manage to find those images you had been looking for, for the queens corruption.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
And obviously any other RTS where there is an attacking force.
Not all of them. I semi-recently played They Are Billions, and there were some nasty anti-zombie traps in a hero mission that zapped the hero as well. Anyway, that falls under 'your game is built around it', since otherwise you'd be adding more micro to an already micro-heavy genre.

Giving birth does drain a person and yes a woman typically can only have so many children before her body can't cope with it any longer so in the context of your argument here, my proposed changes are sound.
My point is that the 'body can't cope with it' is already abstracted into the 'death at birth chance'. If you add another mechanic on top of that, you're doubling down on this feature. If you want an exacting simulation, fine. But it's not something that's absolutely necessary. All the relevant outcomes and ways to mitigate them are already covered, it's just simulation for simulation's sake. I occasionally do that, but only when it doesn't get in the way of gameplay too much.

again I don't want this I was trying to make it desirable for you.
My desire for bloodshed is fully satisfied by having unsupervised women occasionally die during childbirth, no need to simulate it in all the gory details. :p

You might be happy as an air traffic controller
Too much slave-driving and not enough job satisfaction, as far as I can tell.

How is development coming along, did you manage to find those images you had been looking for, for the queens corruption.
I'm halfway there. I filtered out a big pile of Opala and Farah pictures, and will probably go with them since I have no other good queen candidate, even if they gals are obviously imported from the Sultanate. :D

I've spent way too much time on finding some replacement Witch pictures, too. She'll get to be the Sorceress from Dragon's Crown, the same one that's already in the 'ritual' picture.

I'm also thinking about adding Hakim ibn Hakim as someone you can sell your surplus girls to.

Last edited:

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
My point is that the 'body can't cope with it' is already abstracted into the 'death at birth chance'. If you add another mechanic on top of that, you're doubling down on this feature. If you want an exacting simulation, fine. But it's not something that's absolutely necessary. All the relevant outcomes and ways to mitigate them are already covered, it's just simulation for simulation's sake. I occasionally do that, but only when it doesn't get in the way of gameplay too much.
It's not doubling down because it's safe birth, what you are paying for now is the guarantee of a safe birth. If there was still a chance they could die on top of a 'cost' of childbirth then it would be doubling down surely. Although I suppose your covering the cost of a safe birth just buying the room.
I'm halfway there. I filtered out a big pile of Opala and Farah pictures, and will probably go with them since I have no other good queen candidate, even if they gals are obviously imported from the Sultanate. :D

I've spent way too much time on finding some replacement Witch pictures, too. She'll get to be the Sorceress from Dragon's Crown, the same one that's already in the 'ritual' picture.

I'm also thinking about adding Hakim ibn Hakim as someone you can sell your surplus girls to.
Ah, I see. What's Hakim Ibn Hakim. Do you mean like a slave trader sort of deal? Why not just sell them to the witch to become dolls.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
The 'no doubling down' argument only applies if you want to simulate things in detail. As far as I'm concerned, girls die from childbirth without the 'safe' options, and get drained with them. Whether there's an extra cost added to the survivors won't really create much in the way of meaningful decisions, unless the cost is permanent. The progressively increasing death chances and stat-draining are sufficiently discouraging already, IMO.

Hakim ibn Hakim is a slave trader from the Sultanate, also from 1.4.1. There's a slave caravan in the mountains that's tied to him. I was looking to make a simple modification that brings him to the game and provides you with another use for girls you've grown tired of. Won't be absolutely true to 1.4.1, but well, that's life.

I'm not sure how the Witch grows the homunculi, she might just magic them out of non-human materials. And since it takes her most of a year to create another one for sale, she's really not going to be buying girls in bulk.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes