Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Known bug. No one-line fix, don't fight Architot while a girl is about to give birth.

Eat her or something if there's no other way to bypass the bug. :D

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
This happened after the fight with the Architot proection.
The mod is still in development at the moment so some bugs are to be expected, although all efforts are being made to correct them. For the time being, it may be prudent to wait until to mod is in a more complete state or until the mod dev releases a version with a lot of these bugs corrected before trying to use the mod. :) if for nothing else to preserve any positive experience of the game and the mod. :)

ixet_mad

Mar 24, 2019
By the way, can someone tell me what to do with the infernal? My seals is in the negative stage.

Even if I wait for the archithote to capture all the lands, nothing happens

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I haven't really changed anything there. If the seals hit 0 - or you've seen Architot and the seals are less that 666 - you should be getting up to 7 'gates' in various locations, blocking access. You get to fight the projections there, and even after you close one down, they tend to pop back up when you sleep.

I don't really know if anything is supposed to happen when the gates are at max. I think even fighting Architot is not possible anymore.

I recall there being an elaborate fight sequence in DW 1.4.1, but I don't quite remember what the triggers were. Maybe I should go and look.

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
By the way, can someone tell me what to do with the infernal? My seals is in the negative stage.

Even if I wait for the archithote to capture all the lands, nothing happens
I don't remember him being able to capture all the lands in the base game but that might have just been luck. Once the seals run down completely I think that's him here to stay. You can clean them up but they come back after a time I think, I can't remember. It's best to go hunting for the cultists, killing them don't restore seals but it does stop the doom clock from ticking down. Never mind, see above. (y)When the clock first runs down and you're alerted, you can fight him then and if you win all the battles you complete that route and complete the game. I haven't seen that bug before. (y)

Eliont

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2018
the seals are less that 666
Gates (if dragon fails Architot event) should stop spawn once seals again become >= 666 in current version.
Though i recommend you to test if it still work.
Or work at all =))

And negative seals is clearly a bug.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
It happened while the dragon was sleeping
My mistake, didn't test thieves against guard posts. :oops: There are six occurrences of 'minion' in 'lair - classes.rpy', starting from line 195 or so. All of them have to be 'room.minion' instead.

I'm changing the demon invasion a bit, so you can skip the initial fight and play with the gates for a while. The gates pop up, you can close them down, as usual. If the total number of gates hits 10 (the max, sky and Darkwood are off-limits), you'll be teleported to the battle sequence part of the Architot event, without all the usual allies like Angel, Titan, Treant etc (but with your own party, if you have one). From that point on, you can't escape as you normally could, so the whole thing becomes either victory or death.

You can skip straight to the battle by going to the Capital's gate, which will again trigger the final battle without allies, but you can retreat if you initiate the fight yourself.

Edit2: I don't know what will happen if you launch your own invasion while the demons are still running theirs. Could get interesting. :D

Edit:
Gates (if dragon fails Architot event) should stop spawn once seals again become >= 666 in current version.
Though i recommend you to test if it still work.
I don't see why they shouldn't, the code looks intact and the < 1 part of it works fine.

And negative seals is clearly a bug.
Not necessarily. Think of it as the demons overrunning the country so bad you need extra Sparks to even start rebuilding the seals.

Last edited:

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
How do you rebuild the seals, I didn't realize you could but then again I can only recall it happening once to me because I was curious.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
How do you rebuild the seals, I didn't realize you could but then again I can only recall it happening once to me because I was curious.
Sacrificial Altar, you sacrifice girls to either reinforce the seals or produce Sparks of Creation that recharge your mana. The Altar is available at about four quests deep into Mom's task list.

An angel can get you something like 100 sparks/seals. That looks a bit too much, I'll cut it down to 20 or so.

Is there an upper limit or er lower limit to how far they can run into the negative.
Not currently. Should there be one?

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
Sacrificial Altar, you sacrifice girls to either reinforce the seals or produce Sparks of Creation that recharge your mana. The Altar is available at about four quests deep into Mom's task list.

An angel can get you something like 100 sparks/seals. That looks a bit too much, I'll cut it down to 20 or so.

Not currently. Should there be one?
My concern it might be irreversible after a point and your save irredeemable, I know you shouldn't let it get that low I suppose but I'm just thinking about the logistics of fighting the gates at the same time as maintaining your situation and finding girls to sacrifice. Seems like it may be a lot to juggle and I'm assume a maxed out dragon but on the other hand if you play it on a lower difficulty it might be easy to reverse even if the seals get to something like -9999. I couldn't imagine how it'd be for someone who was slow on the draw or who didn't manage to unlock the altar before hand. I'm sure there's a reason I'm missing why you wouldn't need a limit though :) does the demon invasion subside if you get your deals up too 0 or 666.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hmm, if you trigger the invasion when your dragon is still kinda weak, I think it's game over anyway, just due to the gates being uncloseable. Provided you can keep them closed down well enough, well... If there's not much devastation yet (you just turtled too long), an extra seal going down per day should be manageable and recoverable if you focus on it. Might be a long slog, though, since you need a better-than-peasant girl per day to sacrifice, more if you skip days and sleep...

I think unless you have a stockpile of girls to sacrifice or have reliable access to new, high-quality ones, it's a lost cause. Maybe the townswomen from raiding random towns can keep you afloat, they give 4-5 sparks/seals a pop. But sleeping is still going to screw you over. It won't really matter if there's a lower bound or not, unless you're able to handle the battles yourself, the constant drain of seals will mean getting back to 666 will be too hard.

I'd appreciate someone testing this. Let the doomsday clock tick over, get a reasonable day 600 dragon, and try to climb out of the hole without fighting the projections. If it's not possible, I'll probably have to increase the sacrifice results back again.

Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
What's supposed to be wrong with it? Looks like a normal debug screen to me...

Edit: BTW, I don't really recommend running the mod in Russian. You might get a somewhat better translation, but I've left lots of new things untranslated. E.g. don't be surprised when you see a critter called 'TODO_wyvern'. :p

Last edited:

ixet_mad

Mar 24, 2019
About the error during the thief's actions: the changes did not help me. May I ask you to see if I fixed something wrong at all? I don't understand well in the code just 0)) 0

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
About the error during the thief's actions: the changes did not help me. May I ask you to see if I fixed something wrong at all?
You went overboard. :p Only the six 'minion's on lines 195-216 need to be changed to 'room.minion'.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes