VN Ren'Py Time Heals [Ch. 1 Part 1] [Owl's]

4.10 star(s) 16 Votes

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Basically, the game is not terrible at all. Sure, it has its weird and cringy moments, but this doesn't ruin the game for me. The translation into English sometimes sounds strange, some phrases are too cumbersome for natural speech, especially if the reader is not a native speaker.
The girls are very nice, Mira reminds me of some quirky character from another game that I really like. The plot is interesting enough to grab my attention and make me want to know what happens next.
The graphics is excellent in my book, love this visual style.
The dead dad... Fuck it, let it slide this time, he died (Did he?) for the sake of the plot.
Good game, me liketh.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I read some the dialogue been improved can't wait to replay this at a later date. I recall one of my complaints was one of the girls felt kind of robotic with the way she talked tho it could of been easily on purpose too was a bit unsure about that. Cause If I recall her expressions / looks kind did match her robotic dialogue at the time.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I read some the dialogue been improved can't wait to replay this at a later date. I recall one of my complaints was one of the girls felt kind of robotic with the way she talked tho it could of been easily on purpose too was a bit unsure about that. Cause If I recall her expressions / looks kind did match her robotic dialogue at the time.
I don’t know, maybe I missed it, but the girls seem quite lively to me and show different emotions with their face expressions constantly. Mira is especially funny, I even wonder if the author was, how shall I put it... Inspired by some visual novels with a similar visual style.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I don’t know, maybe I missed it, but the girls seem quite lively to me and show different emotions with their face expressions constantly. Mira is especially funny, I even wonder if the author was, how shall I put it... Inspired by some visual novels with a similar visual style.
yeah I could be miss remembering tbh been awhile I just recall Mira gave me a robotic feel at one point not sure if it was just the dialogue or both dialogue and looks. I feel like it might of been both cause I thought it might of been done on purpose but who knows sometimes I does take me 2 playthroughs to see things differently as well.

Reactions: yossa999

erkper

May 16, 2018
Yeah it's from discord, I don't have a patreon. Just worried about what else are they pulling if they're grabbing my discord info.
Has to be in your Discord settings, I am on Discord and saw none of that stuff when I launched the game.

ADAMS Owl`s

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2023
why would I need some kind of crutch in the form of a launcher to run a freaking renpy bro game? Any idiot will launch your game anywhere. To do this, you do not need a manual and a launcher to install straight from the 00s damn. The only reason why you're sniffing the launcher is to collect some information from my device. A million games on this site do not have any launcher to launch a visual novel. And I have never seen anyone have problems with the launch.
Although you may consider the launcher unnecessary, it performs several important functions:

Ease of installation and launch: The launcher allows for easy installation and launching of the game, especially for users who lack technical skills. It automatically resolves compatibility and dependency issues, ensuring smooth game operation.

Updates and patches: Through the launcher, I can provide updates and bug fixes, improving the user experience and ensuring you are playing the latest version of the game.

Data collection: Some launchers may collect data, but this is done to improve product quality, identify bugs, and understand user preferences. This is standard practice in the gaming industry and not necessarily malicious. Users are usually informed about what data is collected and how it is used.

Additional features: Such as cloud saving, in case files are lost.

ADAMS Owl`s

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2023
Hi Dev, any hope for a route with a harem ending? I hate having to choose a girl while rejecting the others...I'm a romantic type and I can't reject other girls...

“Freedom does not lie in choosing between black and white, but in escaping this prescribed choice.”
Theodor W. Adorno
Hi, the harem is still in question.

ADAMS Owl`s

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2023
How much discord integration does this have? I have the display what game i'm playing disabled and didn't give it any permission for discord but it still pulled my avatar and name at the main menu. Is there a way to remove this?
All I receive from the user is their avatar and username, nothing more. It does not affect the gameplay in any way; it's just a visual addition to the main menu.

In the new update, I will add the option to disable this, so users won't be bothered by it.

flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024
All I receive from the user is their avatar and username, nothing more. It does not affect the gameplay in any way; it's just a visual addition to the main menu.

In the new update, I will add the option to disable this, so users won't be bothered by it.
In fact, it would be more about Discord having a setting to allow or disallow this. If Discord provided an API that delivers the Name and Avatar, it's not the developer's fault for receiving this data. Maybe you could just add an integration button with Discord, Steam, Google, etc. This way, the user feels a greater sense of control over their data.

Do you ever think about making your game available on Steam?

Cooling Prob

Mar 7, 2019
there isn't a human in this world that could manually shift a gear faster than the PDK can
Well there you go you know better than me. I'm an old school guy but can certainly respect German technology. ACCEPT FUCKING CEL PHONES...I HATE THEM!!!! LOL I do like this game though (y) :) I'm restoring a 68 Super Bee so that goes to show you my taste lol

Last edited:

PoopaXD

Aug 23, 2019
Well there you go you know better than me. I'm an old school guy but can certainly respect German technology. ACCEPT FUCKING CEL PHONES...I HATE THEM!!!! LOL I do like this game though (y) :)
Even if it was a manual, this is well away from the manual we all love. No rev matching as it does it by it self and so on. All the electronics that these new manuals have just kill the feeling of it anyways. PDK all the way!

4.10 star(s) 16 Votes