Aug 16, 2017
You misunderstand. I've played every update and every time the saves from the previous version is useless. The saves you made this time may be worthless in the future and you may have to start from scratch. Very frustrating, something that should be addressed. You can only ask people to start over from scratch so many times, especially as the game get longer. It should be priority one to settle on one system and get it working every time

Summertime Saga has really suffered from this. Most people now use mods to see the new scenes and miss the story bits I'm sure took considerable effort to write. I really like this game but I'm half tempted to just download the CG rips and call it a day. I really don't want to do that because I love the game but I don't think it's reasonable to ask the people who stick with your game to start over every time. There's only so many hours in a day.
I used my old save from last update first before I played new game. it worked fine. both were pre-patch too so maybe that was why. new game was because I then added the patch.

I get what you mean though. alot of games have this issue and it does become a pointless venture when its a grinder. I now find myself downloading updates to long games and not even unzipping before next update as its too much of a pain to re-grind. I have to have the right mood for it. super powered, new life and man of the house all join that list

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
I know very little about Unity, and a google search turned up a bunch of different reasons.

If I were you, I'd redownload and then if it still does it, post back and @ the game devs for help.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Why are the saves useless every update? Please work on this, it is perhaps the most important feature. People will give up on you until the last update if this isn't fixed.
Loading from 0.4.0 end saves also successful. Full patch notes and post update will be released tomorrow as well.
And my saves work fine too.

AGoodDay2Die

Feb 9, 2018
My old save worked just fine.

Are there any animations in this update? I don't get any but I do get brief black screens that seem to be skips of scene pages or animations.

Can't say I like the change of house interior at all. Seems like a pointless alteration. It really throws me off.

Don't understand why I leave Bacon's after the time travel intending to go home but there's no one home & nothing to do there. Why do I go to the park, other than the in-game hint that tells me to? Wiped out from the time travel, needing to talk to my worried mom and get some rest yet I go to the park - it doesn't make sense.

Translation seems to be better but still needs work in several places.

Overall, not a bad update, 'though a mite brief.

DaRoamer

Feb 9, 2018
Hey guys, I'm having trouble with the incest patch. I searched the thread and some replies say to put it in Timestamps_0.4.1\Timestamps 0.4.1_Data and some say to put it in Timestamps_0.4.1\Timestamps 0.4.1_Data\StreamingAssets. Regardless I tried putting the unrated.zip file in both locations and starting a new game and the characters are still family friends, Mrs Juliana and Veronika.

Any advice?

EDIT: I figured it out, I removed the .zip extension and it works inside the StreamingAssets folder.

Walt Dee

Apr 4, 2017
I have 3 saves in 0.0.3 that I'd like to use in 0.4.1, but I cannot locate them. Can someone point me to them?

Snowcrash

May 3, 2017
Love the engine, the characters, animations and plot.

Lots of potential in this game, but its still in an early stage. I am curious on how the time traveling mechanic will work once it is functional.

Looking forward to revisiting it in several months.

Reactions: Motkeyz
4.10 star(s) 236 Votes