Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
It's harder to wait for an engine update than a content update. Not as easy to see the benefits. Hopefully worth it though. I like the scenes that have been done so far, it just feels more like an intro than an actual game though until there's more content.
Well, you should probably be happy then that there are 300+ new renders and 5 animations, also platinum version treat, while it takes longer sometimes for massive engine changes, Motkeyz just keeps adding more content too. So technically the more you wait the more you get, but obviously we can't add everything we want every update, so I will have to wait with some things for next!

And, you will for sure see the benefits, it's smooth as fuck now to go both back, and forward, you have a dialogue history that works well (not perfect yet but that's for next version) as well as auto play mode and an improved skip function that doesnt just instantly move you to the end, but scrolls through all the backgrounds and text, also adds it to the dialogue history. So if you skip straight to a choice you can also press the history and see the context better! =)

/A

dx_boost

Mar 6, 2018
Well, you should probably be happy then that there are 300+ new renders and 5 animations, also platinum version treat, while it takes longer sometimes for massive engine changes, Motkeyz just keeps adding more content too. So technically the more you wait the more you get, but obviously we can't add everything we want every update, so I will have to wait with some things for next!

And, you will for sure see the benefits, it's smooth as fuck now to go both back, and forward, you have a dialogue history that works well (not perfect yet but that's for next version) as well as auto play mode and an improved skip function that doesnt just instantly move you to the end, but scrolls through all the backgrounds and text, also adds it to the dialogue history. So if you skip straight to a choice you can also press the history and see the context better! =)

/A
That sounds amazing. As I understand you're still working on your engine? It's amazing so far, can't wait to see where it goes. Also will the updates be fast when you bring it to where you want it to be? Is there a place where you see it finished or will you just keep working on it?

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
That sounds amazing. As I understand you're still working on your engine? It's amazing so far, can't wait to see where it goes. Also will the updates be fast when you bring it to where you want it to be? Is there a place where you see it finished or will you just keep working on it?
Yeah I am constantly working on the engine, but I am done with feature development for this version, right now I am testing and fixing bugs, there's a lot more work when there are about twice as many scenes in this release as in the last one. If you like it now already I am sure you will love it even more in the upcoming version! It's starting to take good shape now! I'm not sure if it will ever get 100% finished as I can always improve things, but for the time being I am exclusively working on Timestamps on the engine =) it gives me more than enough to do right now :p

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
It's harder to wait for an engine update than a content update. Not as easy to see the benefits. Hopefully worth it though. I like the scenes that have been done so far, it just feels more like an intro than an actual game though until there's more content.
We understand the point but the engine is part of the game, without a good engine, there is no good game. If you follow the game from the start you will understand what im talking about ;) As for the mention about game looking more like and intro... really?!?! Its sure the game is far from behing completed because have BIG PLAN and things start to fall in place in next update, but there is also more than 4500 files in my export folder only and 10gb worth of work! So you imagine the work behind all this?!

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
Quality content takes TIMES, lot of it ;) Even if the engine is optimum, in these current condition, being 2 working horses only, it will be damn hard to give more than what we produce currently ! If you have more support, we will be able to hire some help... maybe then haha!

Jessecosta27

Mar 9, 2018
I still do a good job as they have been done.
It is easy to wait and comment on the game, but they do not know the time and the lost hours in doing so.
because if it was easy, everyone played games.
As for me as a player I hope a good game with has been so far, if I have to wait another time, I hope because I know how difficult it is to make the engine work.
Congratulations to the people who develop this game.

Reactions: Aesouh

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
From what i understand from patreon and discord, they are perfectionist rookies.
By that i mean as it is their first game, they get hype when the art is done and announce the release to be a couple of days away, before completing the testing. That's the rookie part.
But as they are pefectionist, during the testing they found bugs and can't deliver a release with somes so, it takes time to fix it and make as the coder said smooth.. So a couple of days became a few days.

Better to wait bit and not getting a hell of a nest of bugs than a fast release which would be quite frustating. IMO

dx_boost

Mar 6, 2018
Quality content takes TIMES, lot of it ;) Even if the engine is optimum, in these current condition, being 2 working horses only, it will be damn hard to give more than what we produce currently ! If you have more support, we will be able to hire some help... maybe then haha!
I understand that, I wasn't complaining on the speed of the updates, I'm not a patron (yet, but soon if my finances allow me to) so I wouldn't complain on anything. I was just curious about the engine updates as they sound as interesting as your amazing art previews look ;)

Reactions: Aesouh

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
We understand the point but the engine is part of the game, without a good engine, there is no good game. If you follow the game from the start you will understand what im talking about ;) As for the mention about game looking more like and intro... really?!?! Its sure the game is far from behing completed because have BIG PLAN and things start to fall in place in next update, but there is also more than 4500 files in my export folder only and 10gb worth of work! So you imagine the work behind all this?!
Don't get me wrong, I love the game, was just commenting on why I think some people feel like the progress has stalled a bit. I suspect a lot of it is also due to the fact that the scenes you do have are high quality renders that include animations. Which is a good thing IMO, but that takes more work than a few stillshots.

Personally, I think that was a good decision. It makes development of new scenes take longer but the result is worth it. I would rather see a smalelr number of high quality scenes with animation than a larger number of scenes with lesser rendering and/or no animation. Looking forward to the next update.

Edit: I actually hadn't played the latest version. Just tried it and there is a lot more conntent than the last version I tried so I take back all of my "intro" commments :)

Reactions: Motkeyz

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I love the game, was just commenting on why I think some people feel like the progress has stalled a bit. I suspect a lot of it is also due to the fact that the scenes you do have are high quality renders that include animations. Which is a good thing IMO, but that takes more work than a few stillshots.

Personally, I think that was a good decision. It makes development of new scenes take longer but the result is worth it. I would rather see a smalelr number of high quality scenes with animation than a larger number of scenes with lesser rendering and/or no animation. Looking forward to the next update.

Edit: I actually hadn't played the latest version. Just tried it and there is a lot more conntent than the last version I tried so I take back all of my "intro" commments :)
Haha, indeed there is actually plenty to play through already, this is highly noticeable in testing as well. That's why some of these huge changes that has been done takes more time to test, because you can find things affected way back in our releases. But yeah when people sometimes talk about "content" they only speak about hardcore scenes. We're getting more and more into it as the story progresses, and it'll come, soon.

The process hasn't stalled whatsoever actually, its going faster and and faster, both I am improving the engine to work faster with it and Motkeyz is using better tools as well and learning more for example about the animating.

So as mentioned, while it may look like it takes a bit longer between releases, 1-2 weeks extra in this case compared to previous releases (Due to the massive engine changes) We at the same time add more content.

Also, an animation is about 30 frames per second, that's 30 renders that needs to be done for one second of animation. You can imagine if we shove in a bunch of animations that's the only thing Motkeyz will sit and render and the story would go nowhere. :) We're trying to make a game after all, with a unique story!

Glad you enjoy the game!

/A

4.10 star(s) 236 Votes