cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Regarding closing inventory, i wonder if this is related to the problem some have with picking up the phone on wine, (i think i fixed this issue in my current dev-build, because i found the issue when trying to build for WebGL. It had a null-reference exception on the inventory list that i have resolved when trying to clear up your previous inventory)
Closing the inventory on wine-staging (3.19) using Linux (tested on Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04) is working fine. I don't know how it looks on Mac and Wine...

All in all the performance via Wine is much better as via VM! At least for now we have to wait for a supported (Unity) VideoPlayer on Wine. Of course there are some 3rd party plugins you could use already, but I don't think they worth the money (e. g. Man of the House use a $500 3rd party video plugin and people still have problems during the animation).

Reactions: Aesouh

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Closing the inventory on wine-staging (3.19) using Linux (tested on Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04) is working fine. I don't know how it looks on Mac and Wine...

All in all the performance via Wine is much better as via VM! At least for now we have to wait for a supported (Unity) VideoPlayer on Wine. Of course there are some 3rd party plugins you could use already, but I don't think they worth the money (e. g. Man of the House use a $500 3rd party video plugin and people still have problems during the animation).
The reason why faerin uses that is because he already had that from previous work, when he started his project the unity video player didn't exist, it's a pretty new feature. I do talk to him sometimes, nice guy =)

I was not aware that it still had issues with that player too. Interesting.

/A

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Well that blows. I searched the thread for "mac" and that popped up. Wine works?
I mean, literally on this same page there are some comments with running this on mac... You don't even have to switch page, but there is more information on the previous few pages @cold_arctus has been doing some testing with wine and vm

Calyps0

Mar 24, 2018
I mean, literally on this same page there are some comments with running this on mac... You don't even have to switch page, but there is more information on the previous few pages @cold_arctus has been doing some testing with wine and vm
Thanks for the shout out to @cold_arctus Hopefully he can assist.

And listen. If you ever need a compliment or to have someone tell you "you are good", Im free anytime. Your game (assuming you worked on it) looks amazing. Like one of the best or I wouldn't bother asking.

Reactions: Aesouh

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Hi I initially thought he might of been the MC from the future or maybe past who knows time travel is so confusing.But after playing this update which rocks by the way and finaly seeing the oldman up close, I am now thinking he looks a lot more like a possibly older version of Bacon (who i still think is an asshole but thats just what i think) than he do's the MC i first thought he might be. I could be wrong timetravel messes with my head but just thought id mention it.

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
Just finished it. As a whole - I like it very much.
Things I liked:
I laughed hard, every time the narrator broke the forth wall - it was rare enough to not be annoying and cool.
The models are good, most of the MILFs look like real MILFs (not like women barely in their 30s as in most games).
The threesome in the end was hot. Having any form of "cool, you got to the end, now have some fun" is something every developer should think about adding to their product. Correction they must do it! I don't know if it was part of the last update or if it was always there... but it's epic and gave me something to do instead of "Well, I guess I'm waiting X weeks to the next update, to see anything". It left me satisfied, instead of annoyed as most other WIP games do.
It was really refreshing to play a comedy. It's probably the best thing in the game - it doesn't really take itself seriously. And that's a good approach, when we are talking how almost everybody wants the MC to bone them with no apparent reason. If it tried to be serious it would fail flat on it's face, just as some other games do.

"Meh" things:
The story itself is more annoying, than interesting. Some cool moments, but as a whole it's a sitcom level story. And it sometimes work, sometimes doesn't. For example - I got pissed of everybody talking how great the girlfriend was for a bunch of days. She kind of delivered, kind of didn't. I would have found it funnier and better if she was the jealous type, that I have to ease trough the situation, instead of going off "Yeah, I want to fuck you and your mom" 5 min after I met her. And this is not the only such moment. Props to the saving throw with "oh, inconsistencies are due to the Old man messing the time-line" - cheesy? Yeah. Does it work... kind of. As a whole the story is workable for the game, but it gets way too confusing now and than.
Navigation mechanics with maps make sense when there is a sandbox element to the story. Otherwise it's just the player just clicking around aimlessly.
Hint system should be accessible from the phone - I need the keyboard for nothing else in the game, let me play with mouse only.
Why do I even need an inventory?

Things I did not like:
The Characters. Oh, boy, I liked none of them. The MC is the one I liked the most, and I still don't give much of a shit about him. Everybody is ether boring, beyond one-dimensional and/or annoying. The deep monologues the mother has about "oh, how wrong this is" work in other games, because they are at least trying for a serious story. Here they feel kind of out of place. The best friend is... at best strange. They had some cool conversations in the start, but after that he just annoys me to no end.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I can go on, but honestly none of the characters made me want to meet them for anything beyond sex. Than again the place is called cougar town, so maybe I expect too much. :)
There is no indication if the animation has looped - nice to watch, but I missed a few things by deciding "oh, that's over, click stop". Or I missed the indicator. Also "Stop" for continuing the story? Really? (Ok, I am nitpicking here, but I lost 10 minutes on the first animation, wandering how to proceed with the story).

As a whole I had fun, several good laughs and a hot threesome in the end. What's not to like? It's a mostly good example of what should happen, when a developer has a clear idea of what they want to achieve. Is the story bland - yes. Are the characters good? No. But, they don't really need to be. The overall effect in the end is a fun, comedic adventure, where we fuck a bunch of girls in the classical spirit of adult games.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Just finished it. As a whole - I like it very much.
Things I liked:
I laughed hard, every time the narrator broke the forth wall - it was rare enough to not be annoying and cool.
The models are good, most of the MILFs look like real MILFs (not like women barely in their 30s as in most games).
The threesome in the end was hot. Having any form of "cool, you got to the end, now have some fun" is something every developer should think about adding to their product. Correction they must do it! I don't know if it was part of the last update or if it was always there... but it's epic and gave me something to do instead of "Well, I guess I'm waiting X weeks to the next update, to see anything". It left me satisfied, instead of annoyed as most other WIP games do.
It was really refreshing to play a comedy. It's probably the best thing in the game - it doesn't really take itself seriously. And that's a good approach, when we are talking how almost everybody wants the MC to bone them with no apparent reason. If it tried to be serious it would fail flat on it's face, just as some other games do.

"Meh" things:
The story itself is more annoying, than interesting. Some cool moments, but as a whole it's a sitcom level story. And it sometimes work, sometimes doesn't. For example - I got pissed of everybody talking how great the girlfriend was for a bunch of days. She kind of delivered, kind of didn't. I would have found it funnier and better if she was the jealous type, that I have to ease trough the situation, instead of going off "Yeah, I want to fuck you and your mom" 5 min after I met her. And this is not the only such moment. Props to the saving throw with "oh, inconsistencies are due to the Old man messing the time-line" - cheesy? Yeah. Does it work... kind of. As a whole the story is workable for the game, but it gets way too confusing now and than.
Navigation mechanics with maps make sense when there is a sandbox element to the story. Otherwise it's just the player just clicking around aimlessly.
Hint system should be accessible from the phone - I need the keyboard for nothing else in the game, let me play with mouse only.
Why do I even need an inventory?

Things I did not like:
The Characters. Oh, boy, I liked none of them. The MC is the one I liked the most, and I still don't give much of a shit about him. Everybody is ether boring, beyond one-dimensional and/or annoying. The deep monologues the mother has about "oh, how wrong this is" work in other games, because they are at least trying for a serious story. Here they feel kind of out of place. The best friend is... at best strange. They had some cool conversations in the start, but after that he just annoys me to no end.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I can go on, but honestly none of the characters made me want to meet them for anything beyond sex. Than again the place is called cougar town, so maybe I expect too much. :)
There is no indication if the animation has looped - nice to watch, but I missed a few things by deciding "oh, that's over, click stop". Or I missed the indicator. Also "Stop" for continuing the story? Really? (Ok, I am nitpicking here, but I lost 10 minutes on the first animation, wandering how to proceed with the story).

As a whole I had fun, several good laughs and a hot threesome in the end. What's not to like? It's a mostly good example of what should happen, when a developer has a clear idea of what they want to achieve. Is the story bland - yes. Are the characters good? No. But, they don't really need to be. The overall effect in the end is a fun, comedic adventure, where we fuck a bunch of girls in the classical spirit of adult games.

Thanks for your feedback!

We can't really do much about your preferences to some of the characters but we appreciate that you like the comedic parts of the game, which is something we indeed hope to convey in the game. We do like it when its not too serious. But the story itself I wouldn't agree is on a sit-com level, for example then thing you mention about OMJ messing with the time-line is not a rescue thing to put in to explain inconsistencies, we hoped that people maybe would have realized this sooner, but there are multiple parts about the game that "isn't right", so that they will be mended later. For example bacon really early in the game mentions that he fucked some things up, you still don't know what it is he did. But there are other things too that are off. It's still early in the story, you don't more about OMJ's daughter.

Regarding who was dead in a glitch in OMJ's garage, that was bacon's dad, not an older bacon. That was also explained shortly after. However also yet to explore why this happened, if it happened really and where it could have happened.

Regarding some of the technical feedback, i have thought about adding an internal timer that would pop up after x amount of seconds after it has looped for a "Continue..." in the corner. This is something I have actually had planned and I wished for having more time to add things like this. There's always a few usability tweaks in every update.

We have an update potentially planned for today with some usability improvements, if i can get all of it done, i can add this to my list and see if I can make it.

Judging by our speculation and spoiler channels on discord and feedback here on the forum too the story doesn't seem all that bland, and me knowing the main story and being a fan of many other games, know it's not bland :D

Thanks!

/A

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
While you're answering questions: is there a reason Juliana and Heather keep changing their hairstyle every now and then? Imho they both looked best when sporting a pony style haircut. But anyhow, the actual time in game only progresses like what, 3 days? And these hotties change their haircut several times in that timespan.

Reactions: dp123

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
While you're answering questions: is there a reason Juliana and Heather keep changing their hairstyle every now and then? Imho they both looked best when sporting a pony style haircut. But anyhow, the actual time in game only progresses like what, 3 days? And these hotties change their haircut several times in that timespan.
it usually depends on the time, and time of day. Some variation is nice. You have your preference for example with the ponytail, i like that one too but for some reason many people like the fluffy hair that may be associated with a sertain "Tracy" which was not intended but I guess we have embraced that part :p

They don't change the cut as much as they just change the styling. It would be one thing if you see gaz sport an undercut one day and then short another and then long again :p It's just styling. And the game is about halfway through day 6 now.

With long hair it doesn't take much to sport a significantly different style.

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
NEVER question a woman's hair style, that way leads to madness. Instead just accept that this is a game that includes multiple changes because of Time Travel. Oh, also WOMEN. :)

Just a thought.

P.S. I'm gong into hiding now to avoid a painful death at the hands of any WOMEN who read this.

P.P.S. For myself I prefer Juliana with straight hair instead of the curls. Of course I ALSO prefer her in Lingerie or naked instead of clothes. :)

Reactions: lancehk

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
NEVER question a woman's hair style, that way leads to madness. Instead just accept that this is a game that includes multiple changes because of Time Travel. Oh, also WOMEN. :)

Just a thought.

P.S. I'm gong into hiding now to avoid a painful death at the hands of any WOMEN who read this.

P.P.S. For myself I prefer Juliana with straight hair instead of the curls. Of course I ALSO prefer her in Lingerie or naked instead of clothes. :)
Her wet look is amazing ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Imho they both looked best when sporting a pony style haircut.
i like that one too
Her wet look is amazing ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Heather with ponytail and blue underwear as seen in Day 3 with Bacon and MC :heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::eazyHype:

All of you deserve a cookie for good taste!! :p

4.10 star(s) 236 Votes