cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Update after a lightbulb moment [courtesy of @cold_arctus ] I installed the Windows Media update [I forgot I was running Windows N] and the video files now work. Strangely though, the animated Auntie only works in 50PE not in 50P1. So if anyone is running Windows N [or KN] they need the correct Windows Media update [they're windows version specific].
I only got aware of this damn Media Feature Pack because of Wine! I The missing Media Pack is linked to the MFPlat.dll Error in Windows.

anyone got any tips on software to play this on MAC?
So far you can use Wine or a VM running Windows.
Using Wine: no animation working (yet), but good performance. (fast and easy to install)
Using VM: animation are working, but performance depends on your hardware. (takes long time to set-up Windows, e. g. installation process, update process etc.; >50GB (virtual) HDD recommended; 2 core CPU enabled; >4GB RAM)

Reactions: Furuichi Imadori

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Btw guys working on fan translation support, so those that would like to fan-translate our game to various languages please let me know what language you potentially could translate with, and of course it needs to be good quality.

I hope to be done with it for next release, it's quite a big ordeal right now because I am working on allow translation of all menu elements as well, all labels almost in the entire game.

/A

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Btw guys working on fan translation support, so those that would like to fan-translate our game to various languages please let me know what language you potentially could translate with, and of course it needs to be good quality.

I hope to be done with it for next release, it's quite a big ordeal right now because I am working on allow translation of all menu elements as well, all labels almost in the entire game.

/A
Would this mean that the incest content could be activate by a code from inside the game (no longer stupid question about pw for incest patch XD??) or do we still need a separate incest patch for every single language? o_O

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Would this mean that the incest content could be activate by a code from inside the game (no longer stupid question about pw for incest patch XD??) or do we still need a separate incest patch for every single language? o_O
We can't associate ourselves with the fan patch due to patreon rules. In essence it's a full separate setup of the game dialogues only, but it's a very rudimentary patch that only contains dialogue compared to what would be possible if i do a full translation support as i will describe below.

The idea is to have a file containing all the dialogue translations, UI translation mappings, character names mappings and language flag as well as font files, so you can use custom fonts to support languages not supported by the current game font.

Once the game is launched it would auto detect this translation file and place the flag in the main menu as a button, once you click the button it will hotswap the language for the entire game. It's up to the translators really what they decide to translate, the fan patched version or the original, i would say hopefully both? And hopefully the quality will be good. We would like to officially support some languages down the line but I think we will have to go this way first due to time constraints.

I think this is quite a revolutionary step in game translations as it will not have require overwriting any existing game files or meddling with the game core itself, just very simple standalone file containing everything necessary that will override the default game stuff. :)

/A

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
We can't associate ourselves with the fan patch due to patreon rules. In essence it's a full separate setup of the game dialogues only, but it's a very rudimentary patch that only contains dialogue compared to what would be possible if i do a full translation support as i will describe below.

The idea is to have a file containing all the dialogue translations, UI translation mappings, character names mappings and language flag as well as font files, so you can use custom fonts to support languages not supported by the current game font.

Once the game is launched it would auto detect this translation file and place the flag in the main menu as a button, once you click the button it will hotswap the language for the entire game. It's up to the translators really what they decide to translate, the fan patched version or the original, i would say hopefully both? And hopefully the quality will be good. We would like to officially support some languages down the line but I think we will have to go this way first due to time constraints.

I think this is quite a revolutionary step in game translations as it will not have require overwriting any existing game files or meddling with the game core itself, just very simple standalone file containing everything necessary that will override the default game stuff. :)

/A
Awesome idea!
BTW you don't have such a file with English version, maybe?

Edit: so I could use it for my translation ?

vts

Jul 8, 2017
Can't play the game. I start it, i put in my name after the "Do you ever make a mistake.. etc" things comes up it just remains as a black screen with music.. It seems I have an issue with my laptop and Unity games, anyone knows a solution? Can't seem to fix the damn thing..

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Awesome idea!
BTW you don't have such a file with English version, maybe?

Edit: so I could use it for my translation ?
When the translation support is completed i will provide base mapping of everything and some instructions, due to the fact that the dialogue files are structurally integral some wrong changes in the syntax could cause the game to not function properly, that's why i haven't opened up things in the first place until I have improved the support a bit more.

I haven't decided exactly how I want to deal with the dialogue translations, if i want to try to exclude all the syntax or not it would mean a lot of work. Right now i'm doing all the UI mappings and loading mappings from files.

Probably best to just stay put for now :)

/A

Reactions: hameleona

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
You did a great job. That skin texture has so much detail in the genital area. It's hard to find textures like that.
Haha, nah, that's more made by the props used than me on this, i cannot take credits for that! But thanks!

lokoper

Oct 4, 2017
A little off topic, but why games with "incest" theme try to overcome the patreon rules by making them unrelated like "landlords" or for example in this game "dad's friend"? Wouldn't be easier if you make them step-related? Wouldn't actually be better if instead of having a boy try to fuck all his blood related women in his life, just wanting to fuck his step-mom/daughter/sister/whatever? Or are step-relationships are also forbidden in the patreon so it wouldn't make a difference?

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
So very good news, I'm on a very good way of already finalizing the translation support. So it's going to be ready for next release :) The game already auto-detects translation files. shows it as a fancy lil flag, and once you click on it, BAM, instant translation. I have successfully tried now with some russian, Once all the things are in place and tested I will be able to provide the translation packs.

Reactions: Shiva0067

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Just played through most of 0.5.0 and couldn't stop myself from immediately popping in and writing up a review. This game is amazing. Thank you so much Motkeyz and Aesouh!
Thank you for your kind words and your review :D And thank you for liking my UI work as well ;). I too, am in love with Mot's render work. Absolutely amazing. And your comments on the writing, thank you! I appreciate it, we also know it's our weakest point, and it's something we will improve on as we go forward :) We're not afraid of going back and correcting things that might be a bit iffy, and that goes with animations too. We will revise some of the older ones that are a bit stiff eventually.

/A

Reactions: kkai
4.10 star(s) 235 Votes