kkai

Dec 21, 2016
Thank you for your kind words and your review :D And thank you for liking my UI work as well ;). I too, am in love with Mot's render work. Absolutely amazing. And your comments on the writing, thank you! I appreciate it, we also know it's our weakest point, and it's something we will improve on as we go forward :) We're not afraid of going back and correcting things that might be a bit iffy, and that goes with animations too. We will revise some of the older ones that are a bit stiff eventually./A
I was a bit tongue in cheek in my review. But the engine surprised me. Typically, as I'm sure you know, when people use Unity for VNs the results are clunky at best. So when I saw Timestamps using it I sighed a bit inside but trudged forward.

Then I played it and and learned the error of my ways. It just feels so damn polished. I said to myself, this needs to be bundled up as middleware for others to use! Next time I ran the game I saw the VNgine name and realized I was a little slow to the party. :) In summary, very nice work.

I have noticed a couple little quirks, but I generally don't like to report things until I search to see if they are already reported. But I"ll be lazy and mention them quickly. Sometimes, usually after a scene/location change, I need to click twice instead of once to advance the text (if relevant, typewriter-mode off). I also sometimes found the animation bits a little unintuitive. Some seem to advance on their own and some seem to need to click on one of the GUI buttons (either or both are fine, but I didn't feel like the interface was letting me know). That could have just been me, though. Also, I had weird results with the "Last Decision" (or something like that, game not running atm) command. It would take me back to the decision, I'd pick the one I wanted, but then it would rewind all the way back to the beginning of the scene anyways.

I know throwing all that at you isn't super useful, but I'm guessing this is known stuff. If you need me to be more specific or try to make it reproducible, let me know.

Reactions: Aesouh

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I was a bit tongue in cheek in my review. But the engine surprised me. Typically, as I'm sure you know, when people use Unity for VNs the results are clunky at best. So when I saw Timestamps using it I sighed a bit inside but trudged forward.

Then I played it and and learned the error of my ways. It just feels so damn polished. I said to myself, this needs to be bundled up as middleware for others to use! Next time I ran the game I saw the VNgine name and realized I was a little slow to the party. :) In summary, very nice work.

I have noticed a couple little quirks, but I generally don't like to report things until I search to see if they are already reported. But I"ll be lazy and mention them quickly. Sometimes, usually after a scene/location change, I need to click twice instead of once to advance the text (if relevant, typewriter-mode off). I also sometimes found the animation bits a little unintuitive. Some seem to advance on their own and some seem to need to click on one of the GUI buttons (either or both are fine, but I didn't feel like the interface was letting me know). That could have just been me, though. Also, I had weird results with the "Last Decision" (or something like that, game not running atm) command. It would take me back to the decision, I'd pick the one I wanted, but then it would rewind all the way back to the beginning of the scene anyways.

I know throwing all that at you isn't super useful, but I'm guessing this is known stuff. If you need me to be more specific or try to make it reproducible, let me know.
Thanks for the info :) Some of the things regarding having to click twice for example, in room navigation if a message shows up, this was requested by a lot of people to be more "ren'py style" click to dismiss message before you can do anything else. Before that it was actually just working to navigate with dialogue up.

Which animation stuff is unintuitive? The button controls in animation playback? or the UI elements?

Regarding the last choice, please if you could PM me your save file from where this happened I can investigate, but that shouldn't be happening.

/A

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
for the love of God and everything holy, would someone do a MacOS version of this?
I'm on it but it's not that easy, there's been a lot of wonky issues that has to be taken care of and many other priorities. In the meantime there are some guides on how to do it with wine

Reactions: Furuichi Imadori

kkai

Dec 21, 2016
Thanks for the info :) Some of the things regarding having to click twice for example, in room navigation if a message shows up, this was requested by a lot of people to be more "ren'py style" click to dismiss message before you can do anything else. Before that it was actually just working to navigate with dialogue up.

Which animation stuff is unintuitive? The button controls in animation playback? or the UI elements?

Regarding the last choice, please if you could PM me your save file from where this happened I can investigate, but that shouldn't be happening./A
I'll hold off on all three until I play it again (probably tomorrow) so it can be fresh in my mind. I'll be in touch once it is. :)

Edit: Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on this. I still intend to. I just haven't had time to play the game.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
@likeahorse not exactly fair that you rate 1 star because you didn't search the thread, you are not the first one to have this issue. Look at your folder, maybe it's the storage file missing, or something else but your game files are corrupt.

It's 03:40 AM here, not everyone is around to give support, but most people have had every thinkable error by now, and solutions have been posted too.

Make sure you have the full game installation, test it in full screen and see if that works out for you. No idea what could be wrong i never saw any of your screenshots?

/A

likeahorse

Aug 25, 2018
@likeahorse not exactly fair that you rate 1 star because you didn't search the thread, you are not the first one to have this issue. Look at your folder, maybe it's the storage file missing, or something else but your game files are corrupt.

It's 03:40 AM here, not everyone is around to give support, but most people have had every thinkable error by now, and solutions have been posted too.

Make sure you have the full game installation, test it in full screen and see if that works out for you. No idea what could be wrong i never saw any of your screenshots?

/A
there is 333 pages come on and btw i posted before and surprisingly i had to rate the game 1 star to get a reply. I didnt want to do that i know you guys put a lot of effort in the game.

I also tried all possible resolution windowed drivers update, reinstalled my gpu. nothing worked

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
there is 333 pages come on and btw i posted before and surprisingly i had to rate the game 1 star to get a reply. I didnt want to do that i know you guys put a lot of effort in the game.

I also tried all possible resolution windowed drivers update, reinstalled my gpu. nothing worked
Yeah so I think you are missing the storage.vngine file or you have done something to it? Did you try to extract it?

It's inside the data folder then in streaming assets

Also up in the right corner there is a checkbox to search within this thread. upload_2018-11-6_3-54-9.png

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017

Not sure if it will help or not but I remember some people having problems when they disable the sound. I tend to just set volume low because I prefer to listen to music. You might try doing that, or a fresh download. I had trouble with Town of Passion where it wouldn't go beyond the opening screen for an update but now works fine. Also, I have seen messages about other games having issues if they are in hidden or read only folders. I'm not very good beyond playing games and praising Devs so not sure if any of that helps, but I wish you luck (and hope you let us know what you try so we can help others).

Hope that helps

P.S. Praise, praise, and praise to Devs. :)

Reactions: Motkeyz and Aesouh

likeahorse

Aug 25, 2018
Yeah so I think you are missing the storage.vngine file or you have done something to it? Did you try to extract it?

It's inside the data folder then in streaming assets

Also up in the right corner there is a checkbox to search within this thread. View attachment 174081
thanks for the tip for the search bar didnt know i could do that im new to this site. Also the file is there in StreamingAssets

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
thanks for the tip for the search bar didnt know i could do that im new to this site. Also the file is there in StreamingAssets
Something looks wrong with the game files if looks like that, able to extract the whole game again from the zip?

Shadow66

Jul 31, 2017
Still having trouble with the animation scenes freezing, how do I fix this problem? I looked through the thread and couldn't find any solutions.

dboy203

Dec 7, 2017
Sorry to hear about the people having problems, but just completed this version that is out and i have to say i ran into no errors, it could use performance updates in the future once its all done but i fucking love this game, i already know where the story is going but the renders and animations in this game are absolutely amazing.

seriously the sex scenes are some of the best 3d scenes ive seen and ive played more than my fair share of games.
to the dev and the team please keep up this amazing work.

and to the people having problems it could be hardware related. i have a super beefy computer and it still was laggy and transitions were choppy.

Reactions: Motkeyz and lancehk

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Sorry to hear about the people having problems, but just completed this version that is out and i have to say i ran into no errors, it could use performance updates in the future once its all done but i fucking love this game, i already know where the story is going but the renders and animations in this game are absolutely amazing.

seriously the sex scenes are some of the best 3d scenes ive seen and ive played more than my fair share of games.
to the dev and the team please keep up this amazing work.

and to the people having problems it could be hardware related. i have a super beefy computer and it still was laggy and transitions were choppy.
Hi, that is not at all normal so you may have some issues yourself, the game doesn't utilize that much CPU and barely any ram, it should not have performance issues unless you have something maybe with your drivers.

Regarding those that have video playback problem there was a solution posted like just a few pages back, a Windows Media update

Reactions: dboy203

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Still having trouble with the animation scenes freezing, how do I fix this problem? I looked through the thread and couldn't find any solutions.
I posted a solution to this a few pages back, see:

It is a known issue, but it has been confirmed several times not to be an issue of the game! Something is not right with your configuration (e. g. broken (graphic) drivers, missing windows updates, missing Windows Media Feature Pack for people from EU and South-Korea, missing H.264 codecs, registry problem...).
Solution confirmed to work (you possible need to install Windows Media Feature Pack), see:

Update after a lightbulb moment [courtesy of @cold_arctus ] I installed the Windows Media update [I forgot I was running Windows N] and the video files now work. Strangely though, the animated Auntie only works in 50PE not in 50P1. So if anyone is running Windows N [or KN] they need the correct Windows Media update [they're windows version specific].
Next time skip through the last 5 to 10 pages to see, if people have the same issue as you.
(Pls. report back, if installing Windows Feature Pack solved your problem. thnx!)

Reactions: Motkeyz

KingKool

Jul 17, 2017
First time playing this game with the 0.5 Version.

Really like it so far. Story is good seems like the hints are too much (I think we already know who the old BF is). Other thing i find strange is the first sex encounter with Jul is a threesome. Other than that i really njoyed it. Curious to see where it wll go from now.

Reactions: Motkeyz

imunisasi

Dec 4, 2017
dev is there any compressed version, i enjoy every update from you, but it's better if any compressed one, i use 14inch monitor smaller pic still doing great,

btw i curious about that blonde punk story

4.10 star(s) 235 Votes