D

Deleted member 607251

Anybody know why animations won't load at all? I get the sound but only a still image from the last scene.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah I did look at most endings as well and Alice was also one of my favorites and saved her as well. I have to admit I sacrificed Jenna more in my game, but true especially that early choice wit Tracy could easily cost you dearly or not telling the truth when needed.
yes, you need to install Windows Media Pack.
If that does not work, I had the problem game was stuck on animations, since was using the old incest patch, you need the patch for 0.5.

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
Hi all. Discovered this game recently and it's amazing!

However, all the renders seem blurry/dull compared to peoples screenshots and the ones on the Patreon like

Attached is the same scene running on my machine. I've tried different resolutions/windowed and it's always like that. I have an i7-8700k and a RTX 2080.

Is this normal and I'm just nitpicking? Or is mine doing something wonky with the resolution or something? Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Well, its not suppose to look blurry like that, here is the original image, you can compare its not at all the same!

What version of the game are you playing?

Reactions: Abibliboop

kenVBliar

Sep 4, 2018
As it seams, you have an animation problem. Your hardware should be fine, because I use a i5 4210 CPU and the HD Graphics 4600 in a VM to play the game. The performance of our Laptops are similar, so you should be able to play the animation without a problem.

I experienced the same freezing (1 sec. animation problem) as you on my Win10 VM. After (re-)installing Windows Media Pack for Windows 10 N (only necessary if your Laptop has been bought in Europe) solved the problem.
So if my laptop was not bought in Europe? Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I changed the resolution to lowest setting and ran in window mode and it seemed to help, but then I had to save and close program. When I came back the problem was there again, even on low resolution.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
So if my laptop was not bought in Europe? Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I changed the resolution to lowest setting and ran in window mode and it seemed to help, but then I had to save and close program. When I came back the problem was there again, even on low resolution.
Unity's videoplayer needs Windows Media Foundation to work. The European version of Windows 10 does not ship them in default, because of some kind of EU-Regulations. In this case people need to download Windows Media Feature Pack to get all additional Media Foundation dlls. (This is also the reason why animations do not work with wine on Mac and Linux)

As said, our hardware are similar, I also experience the same animation (choppy/laggy) problem as you mentioned on Discord. And the same as for you, the animations somehow work in windowed-mode (but still laggy and not clear). But I always assumed that this is, because I use a VM to play the game. Seeing you now with the same issues, as I have, on native windows, I'm not so sure anymore if this is a Windows Media Foundation problem (or in my cause a VM) at all. So, maybe this is an Intel graphic problem. As long as I can't use wine or a native Linux version to test, I can't determinant the cause of our problem.

Surprisingly the animation work sometimes in windowed mode and sometimes not... I once tried the game during the night (MEZ) and the animation did not work. A few hours later, during the morning, the animations worked o_O

If people with an Intel Graphic could share their experience with the animations, we might identify the culprit of our problem.

@DA22 mentioned the incest patch as potential troublemaker. Did you maybe used an outdated patch? Or does the problem also occur without the patch?

@kenVBliar this post might not help you at all, but you always can try the game after a fresh windows install. :censored: (in my opinion not the best solution.)

kenVBliar

Sep 4, 2018
@kenVBliar this post might not help you at all, but you always can try the game after a fresh windows install. :censored: (in my opinion not the best solution.)
I had done a fresh install about 5 months ago so I don't really want to go through that again.

I had been messing around last night just doing different things, like pausing the videos, changing resolutions, and other various random things to see if I could get it to run smoother. What I did find made a difference, slightly, was if I began the video scene, then changed to a different window (browser, task manager, etc.) and then going back to the program's window. This caused the video to start playing again (after it had froze before I changed windows). I then progressed through the VN and the rest of the videos began getting better and not freezing anymore. I don't know if this is any help but I usually try random things to see if anything helps. I also kept my task manager open and watched as the scenes changed from still images to the video scenes. My CPU would go from an idle to almost 70% usage while video played, and would return to idle after the scene ends.

Again, I have no idea if any of this is useful but I did make it to the end of the story and the remaining scenes played out a little choppy but at least they didn't freeze any more. It was only slightly annoying having to use a low resolution making it a small window, but at least I got through it. Other than those issues, I did enjoy it and look forward to any new updates.

Reactions: Abibliboop

Serra Angel

Aug 22, 2018
I had done a fresh install about 5 months ago so I don't really want to go through that again.

I had been messing around last night just doing different things, like pausing the videos, changing resolutions, and other various random things to see if I could get it to run smoother. What I did find made a difference, slightly, was if I began the video scene, then changed to a different window (browser, task manager, etc.) and then going back to the program's window. This caused the video to start playing again (after it had froze before I changed windows). I then progressed through the VN and the rest of the videos began getting better and not freezing anymore. I don't know if this is any help but I usually try random things to see if anything helps. I also kept my task manager open and watched as the scenes changed from still images to the video scenes. My CPU would go from an idle to almost 70% usage while video played, and would return to idle after the scene ends.

Again, I have no idea if any of this is useful but I did make it to the end of the story and the remaining scenes played out a little choppy but at least they didn't freeze any more. It was only slightly annoying having to use a low resolution making it a small window, but at least I got through it. Other than those issues, I did enjoy it and look forward to any new updates.
I don't know if this is helpful or not, but try adjusting your page file (virtual memory) size. Here's a link that should help:

I've had video chop/lag issues in the past, and this cured it. Not promising that it will fix yours, but it might! :geek:
It's what you said about high cpu usage during videos only that makes me think this could work.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
It's been a few days since I last played this game, but I've gotta admit, I don't remember this girl, and I suspect I would remember her.

Who is she, please?

Reactions: Jansen

kenVBliar

Sep 4, 2018
I don't know if this is helpful or not, but try adjusting your page file (virtual memory) size. Here's a link that should help:

I've had video chop/lag issues in the past, and this cured it. Not promising that it will fix yours, but it might! :geek:
It's what you said about high cpu usage during videos only that makes me think this could work.
I'll give that a try. I hadn't thought of anything like that as I am not comfortable making those kinds of system settings changes without fear of making things unstable.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will update if it helps.

Vara

Apr 28, 2017
Well, its not suppose to look blurry like that, here is the original image, you can compare its not at all the same!

What version of the game are you playing?
Thank you for the reply. The latest platinum version downloaded from the Patreon. I tried the one from this post as well. I forgot to mention that the videos look nice and crisp like your screenshot, which is really what made me notice the stark difference and started looking on here.

Reactions: Motkeyz
4.10 star(s) 236 Votes