gka7

Oct 29, 2018
so when i try to load my old saves, its white. only the dialogues below i can see. even if i try to start a new game, i cant. its a black screen

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Yeah I can not find any kind of profile folder anywhere at all. Usually it will create a folder inside user/library/application support... but there is nothing there. I have my old saves but the game does not see them when I launch, so automatically moving them does not appear to be an option, and since I can not locate the new default save location anywhere I can not move them manually either. So confused right now... and I am reasonably knowledgeable as well, but it just does not seem to be saving files the way other games do (including other unity games I run thru Wine).
"In Wine the AppData folder is located at /home/$USER/.wine/drive_c/users/yourname/. To find the folder open "Files" (which opens to /home/$USER for your user).

The .wine folder should be here but, it is hidden. To unhide it, press CTRL+H. Now you should see the .wine folder.

Next, open and goto drive_c and you should see the folders Windows, users, Program Files, and Program Files (x86). Open users and navigate into your folder.

You should now see Application Data."

Xanado

May 9, 2018
Confirmed working win 10 home laptop both dedicated and intergrated graphics. .NET: 2.0 sp2, 3.0 sp2, 3.5 sp1, 4.7 client/full.
Direct X 9-12.

Reactions: Motkeyz

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
We have found the error causing the white/black issue, working on figuring out a solution right now. Thanks for patience.

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
I don't really understand why you do this.

You only need to click once anyway the game saves what language you have loaded for next time in the settings, right way.

So all it takes is if people add the language patch, to start the game, click the flag once, and bam, that's it.

The whole purpose of English.zip is also to serve as a fallback if there is problems with the other language files you try to load, by renaming this file you also bypass some of the fallback features in place to save from other problems happening.

Edit: People please don't rename or delete the English.zip. if you want to translate it, just make a copy, or if you want to add the patch, just add the patch to the folder. I developed it specifically to automatically detect all the files in that folder.
so i have both unrated and english in my language folder although when im playing the playthrough i still call mom Mrs. Juli when shes sleeping like a baby and during the next update of the shower day dream scene

is this suppose to happen or am i doing something wrong

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
so i have both unrated and english in my language folder although when im playing the playthrough i still call mom Mrs. Juli when shes sleeping like a baby and during the next update of the shower day dream scene

is this suppose to happen or am i doing something wrong
Did you click the flag for the other language on the main menu?

Reactions: King Monkey Mon

ChaosXD

May 21, 2017
how do i use the patch, i follow the instructions and did nothing, I also tried the old patch and did nothing

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
how do i use the patch, i follow the instructions and did nothing, I also tried the old patch and did nothing
put the zip file in the languages folder and then start the game, click the flag for the language you want.

Reactions: ChaosXD

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017
"In Wine the AppData folder is located at /home/$USER/.wine/drive_c/users/yourname/. To find the folder open "Files" (which opens to /home/$USER for your user).

The .wine folder should be here but, it is hidden. To unhide it, press CTRL+H. Now you should see the .wine folder.

Next, open and goto drive_c and you should see the folders Windows, users, Program Files, and Program Files (x86). Open users and navigate into your folder.

You should now see Application Data."
Argh... a hidden location :(

Ok I found it, but the steps you listed are not correct for accessing hidden files on a Mac. You need to hold Command + Shift + "." and that reveals the hidden files (doing so again will rehide the hidden files). I then found the TimeStamp game saves at the following location on my mac = user/.wine/drive_c/users/"user name"/AppData/LocalLow/VNGINE/Timestamps_ Unconditional Love

Really strange, as this is not the save file behavior I see with other unity games I run through Wine, but at least I found it now... thanks for your help!

EDIT - Well crap... actually the saves are still nowhere to be found in that hidden directory after all. I just dug thru everything in there and there are no saves even though I have created 4 save files in this version. :(

devilush

Nov 22, 2018
So before i download this.
Is this version playable from start to finish if you start a new playthrough?
Or should i wait for a bug fix?
Thank you in advance and Happy New Year!

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Argh... a hidden location :(

Ok I found it, but the steps you listed are not correct for accessing hidden files on a Mac. You need to hold Command + Shift + "." and that reveals the hidden files (doing so again will rehide the hidden files). I then found the TimeStamp game saves at the following location on my mac = user/.wine/drive_c/users/"user name"/AppData/LocalLow/VNGINE/Timestamps_ Unconditional Love

Really strange, as this is not the save file behavior I see with other unity games I run through Wine, but at least I found it now... thanks for your help!
that's because its custom, i save the files in localappdata, then i guess wine does wine things :p

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
So before i download this.
Is this version playable from start to finish if you start a new playthrough?
Or should i wait for a bug fix?
Thank you in advance and Happy New Year!
It does work, the only big problem right now from a fresh start is in night 2 if you peek before sleep it will not let you go out of the room, this can be worked around by saving and reloading your save, until i have the patch out which also includes fixes of some other things. I guess i could advise you to hold off until the fix is out but its up to you, its still playable like that.

Reactions: devilush

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Ummm where the hell is my saves from the previous version?

I tried to manually move my save from previous version but there is no folder named "saves" in the new version....

4.10 star(s) 236 Votes