Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
OK, I finally have to chime in here...

Prior versions worked fine. However with this update I have (HAD!) the black screen right after entering your name.

I got past that by squashing the windowed screen to about 1 inch tall, at which point just a fraction of a letter showed up on the left side of the screen. Clicked that, and the dialog started again. However I still have no images anywhere except for the graphic/animation on the opening screen (language selection/start screen). No map after the initial dialog (and no images in the initial dialog), and NOTHING but the back button on the controls screen.

Tried several resolutions, window/non-window, installed the C++ patch, have the latest video drivers, got the K-Lite codec (that was a waste), use 7-zip which is updated, relevant pc data is W10 1804, 8 Gb Ram, Intel 4600, i5-7200.

What have I not tried, or is there any idea what to try next?

Thanks,
--Zen
Squashing the window is no solution lol :D But the black screen issue if the redist didnt work, and restarting your computer after doesnt help, it could still be a problem with the storage.vngine file in streamingassets, potentially a corrupt download. Let me know if restarting your pc after installing the thing helps.

Reactions: ZenGarden

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Hey guys. Do you know what to do at day 6, when you have been to the beach party? Im pretty much stuck there :(
It's a current ongoing issue right now, does it say to go to bacon? if so check one of my previous posts for a save, i am working right now on solving this issue , then when that is done i will compile a patch. but its gonna take a while unfortunately, this thing isnt caused by an error its something else in the code.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I am playing this game on a 64 bit version and have not had problems before
you still need those 32bit libraries.

The game engine grows with each updates and sometimes additional things are needed, because Unity developer also update their software etc.. And don't forget, the game is under development and not a finish product you can buy in a store etc..

lillesky

Aug 26, 2018
It's a current ongoing issue right now, does it say to go to bacon? if so check one of my previous posts for a save, i am working right now on solving this issue , then when that is done i will compile a patch. but its gonna take a while unfortunately, this thing isnt caused by an error its something else in the code.
It says that i have to get check out Jones' garage...

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
you still need those 32bit libraries.
The game also doesnt have 64bit client, thats why you need to install 32bit because the game is 32bit, i thought this would be more covenient , the game doesnt need to be 64bit, doesnt use so much RAM.

Reactions: Serra Angel

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Could you possibly post the save file here? Eventually give me a path of where to put it? :)
you put them in %LocalAppData%/VNGINE/Timestamps/Saves

ONCE AGAIN, THIS IS NOT THE START OF THE VERSION, do not download this to start off from last version, this is only for people with stuck after beach error

Reactions: danielmv123

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
i can only change MC name in the options menu??
Yes, because in main menu you are not inside any game. so you need to load game first, then go into settings and change name there. Settings in the game that is. (Press esc)

Reactions: Serra Angel

rattler2027

Mar 12, 2018
Hmmm, I don't know about this 32 bit, 64 bit thing but the game worked okay for me on a 64 bit PC, the only problem I had was during the Nika mast scene (I started from the beginning), the animation would just stop.

Any ideas on that?

Thanks

4.10 star(s) 236 Votes