MK78

Modder
Dec 23, 2017
Well just testet the Game for about an hour. Seems pretty nice so far. Wanted to save an could not do so. Clicking on new save does nothing for me. Is this known issue? I am on win 10 64 bit.

Any help would be awesome, thanks!

MK78

Modder
Dec 23, 2017
Nope nothing, new save button flickers but nothing happens. Also tried to start the game with Admin Option still nothing.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Nope nothing, new save button flickers but nothing happens. Also tried to start the game with Admin Option still nothing.
Can you please press win+R, then type %LocalAppData%, do you have a folder in there called VNGINE?

Erochan

Dec 16, 2018
Overall a pretty decent game not to much content, but enough to pull you in wanting more. Wish there were more options you could do and such with Nikki. Can't wait for more content to be released and more story. Few cliff hangers at the moment that I am curious to see how are played out.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Overall a pretty decent game not to much content, but enough to pull you in wanting more. Wish there were more options you could do and such with Nikki. Can't wait for more content to be released and more story. Few cliff hangers at the moment that I am curious to see how are played out.
There's over 2500 renders and quite a lot of animations... i'd say that's a lot...? Most people report that the game takes many hours to play through, and that's without the game having any grinding... So I can't agree with you on that. Replaying the game myself every now and then to test things from scratch takes a long time, even when skipping everything on fast forward?

We don't lock things behind grinding, because we value the time of the player, not trying to pad things out to give the illusion it takes too long to actually see new content.

Maybe it felt little cause you couldn't stop and lost track of time? :eek:

MK78

Modder
Dec 23, 2017
Can you please press win+R, then type %LocalAppData%, do you have a folder in there called VNGINE?
Yes it's there, then Timestamps and in that Saves and game settings, save folder is enmpty!

Got to say the game is not on my SSD where the OS is located but do not think that this is the issue, but i could be wrong.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Yes it's there, then Timestamps and in that Saves and game settings, save folder is enmpty!

Got to say the game is not on my SSD where the OS is located but do not think that this is the issue, but i could be wrong.
It shouldn't be the issue i'd say, just the fact that the folders exist means that the game created all the folders correctly, so it knows where they are. Question is why you can't save. Could you try to move the game to C:/ and see if it makes any difference? I mean i have played the game from external harddrives, usb's and a lot of different methods, never had this problem.

The save files are always going to be in that save folder in %Localappdata%

MK78

Modder
Dec 23, 2017
It shouldn't be the issue i'd say, just the fact that the folders exist means that the game created all the folders correctly, so it knows where they are. Question is why you can't save. Could you try to move the game to C:/ and see if it makes any difference? I mean i have played the game from external harddrives, usb's and a lot of different methods, never had this problem.

The save files are always going to be in that save folder in %Localappdata%
Nope does not work either! Tried it on my ancient 32bit win 7 laptop, works there!

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Nope does not work either! Tried it on my ancient 32bit win 7 laptop, works there!
So strange, not sure what could be the culprit, some AV software that maybe doesnt like that the game writes files? So strange...

MK78

Modder
Dec 23, 2017
Yeah find it strange to! Maybe i should try to install this VC streaming thingy? But the game runs fine otherwise. I had no problem to play it on my old Lappy but the vids take some time to load or stuck for several seconds an it looks way better on the big screen in 1080p!;)

Edit: I use Avast AV on both Machines, so i dont think thats the problem.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Yeah find it strange to! Maybe i should try to install this VC streaming thingy? But the game runs fine otherwise. I had no problem to play it on my old Lappy but the vids take some time to load or stuck for several seconds an it looks way better on the big screen in 1080p!;)

Edit: I use Avast AV on both Machines, so i dont think thats the problem.
Did you redownload the game by any chance on the other pc, or did you just copy over the game files. It would be weird though if it was related...

What if you delete the vngine folder that is empty and start up the game again, see if there's anything changes.

MK78

Modder
Dec 23, 2017
I downloaded it again on the desktop, the copied one from the Laptop did not work, blackscreen after name selection!

So deleting the Vngine folder seemed to do the trick! Also i got the age check at the beginning now wich i did not had at my first start!

Thank You! Really nice of you to take your time help me out!(y)

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I downloaded it again on the desktop, the copied one from the Laptop did not work, blackscreen after name selection!

So deleting the Vngine folder seemed to do the trick! Also i got the age check at the beginning now wich i did not had at my first start!

Thank You! Really nice of you to take your time help me out!(y)
If you got the... black screen after name selection and you can't see any renders, only text you are missing the update from the install instructions, but i included it in Unconditional Love_Data/StreamingAssets, there is an installer there you can run to fix that.

No problem :) I hope you enjoy the game!

/A

Reactions: Osso Buco and MK78

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
@Aesouh a suggestion - put a border around the selected language on the title screen. I've got the uncensored English language selected, but I can't tell that I have it selected instead of the default English.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
@Aesouh a suggestion - put a border around the selected language on the title screen. I've got the uncensored English language selected, but I can't tell that I have it selected instead of the default English.
Good idea! I'll write it down :) I guess it's more obvious when you have multiple language, but not between the modded version and original

/A

Reactions: Shiva0067

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Good idea! I'll write it down :) I guess it's more obvious when you have multiple language, but not between the modded version and original

/A
It's obvious to me because I have a touch of OCD that pops up on occasion, and couldn't tell if my selection was still valid when I relaunched the game! :p

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
It's obvious to me because I have a touch of OCD that pops up on occasion, and couldn't tell if my selection was still valid when I relaunched the game! :p
Got any other interesting suggestions? :) I mean if it makes sense and more people could find it useful it's always worth considering :)

Reactions: Motkeyz

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Got any other interesting suggestions? :) I mean if it makes sense and more people could find it useful it's always worth considering :)
Yes, as a matter of fact, concerning the animations.

Some of them are long, but have the same thing going on for a little while, so they look like a short one on a loop for a little while, then they go into some other stuff. Like sucking dick for a bit, then shifting to licking it or deep throating it. I can't tell if an animation is a short one on a loop, or a longer one that looks like it's looping at the start. After a little while the continue button will pop up, so I watch until that pops up. I'd like the short looped animations to pop up the continue button after the first loop, so I can know not to wait to see anything extra. Sometimes I like to watch it, but other times I want to move on to the next thing quickly.

And another one - coming out of animations can be inconsistent. Sometimes it goes to the next pic and stops, and sometimes it goes through the next pic onto the one after it. I back up to see if I missed anything, but backing up to videos is kind of awkward feeling. Can you make it throw away all buffered input until the next pic/dialog is done displaying?

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Yes, as a matter of fact, concerning the animations.

Some of them are long, but have the same thing going on for a little while, so they look like a short one on a loop for a little while, then they go into some other stuff. Like sucking dick for a bit, then shifting to licking it or deep throating it. I can't tell if an animation is a short one on a loop, or a longer one that looks like it's looping at the start. After a little while the continue button will pop up, so I watch until that pops up. I'd like the short looped animations to pop up the continue button after the first loop, so I can know not to wait to see anything extra. Sometimes I like to watch it, but other times I want to move on to the next thing quickly.

And another one - coming out of animations can be inconsistent. Sometimes it goes to the next pic and stops, and sometimes it goes through the next pic onto the one after it. I back up to see if I missed anything, but backing up to videos is kind of awkward feeling. Can you make it throw away all buffered input until the next pic/dialog is done displaying?
There are some improvements that will be made as i go along, i did some more changes/improvements to the what happens after animations are done, still not perfect but a lot better than in 0.5.1.

When it comes to the continue button we put it on about a 10 or so second counter after the first loop has happend. due to the fact that some animations are only 1 second or two we don't want to show the continue button that soon, causce its quite disrupting.

Regarding the longer animations, this is mainly the older ones. I already told mot that its better to split up the animations, because sometimes it is very confusing. You can also clearly see his learning curve from start of the game to current, how much has improved and changed with the animation work. It's staggering really. We will most likely have some of them fixed in due time, but its definitely going to be more streamlined when we are going into the next chapter of the game, where we can already use what we know now, from the start.

There is still a lot more things to do with how the general functionality in the game, with the things that are already in there. Dialogue flow and the progresson system are the most sensitive things to modify between updates, cause its quite sensitive, and if something breaks it really can take a long time to implement.

I am mainly asking for these more low hanging fruit features :)

Also regarding going back with animations, i think i also already did a lot of improvements to this in 0.5.2, however there is still some further more to make, like why the animations can sometimes play twice if you reverse and then forward over an animation.

/A

4.10 star(s) 236 Votes