**TheNebula**

Jan 3, 2019
I have no sound during animated scenes , was this always like that as i didnt play in it ages and dont remember ? if not how can i sort this as clicking the icon during the animated scene dont work . Thanks :)

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I have no sound during animated scenes , was this always like that as i didnt play in it ages and dont remember ? if not how can i sort this as clicking the icon during the animated scene dont work . Thanks :)
All animations are without sound aside from a few sound effects.. But it is possible that during an animation you hear different background sounds/music.

Check in options if you did not set something to mute.

Reactions: **TheNebula**

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
My saves are in a hidden folder %localappdata%/VNGINE/Timestamps/Saves , so must have been 0.5.1 one then ? can i i copy them in case they dont get detected ?
Thanks for your reply ,will enjoy it a lot :p
Have you tried to start the game to see if your saves are there first before you try doing stuff?

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
have the same issue than GPNC, stuck day 3, the game say me go to the park but i can't
Thanks for sharing the save,

I have actually located the problem, potentially. Not 100% sure how it happened in the first place and why this only happens "sometimes" but at least I can with some more confidence say that it has been fixed now. This must have actually been an issue dating back to version 0.4.1 almost. When I added the code.

I'm not sure I will be able to release a P1 version due to some other changes that I am currently making in the code, that are not at all finished testing. I will have to hold on to this until next version. I fixed your save though in the meantime, so you can continue:

corbal

Apr 22, 2018
Thanks for sharing the save,

I have actually located the problem, potentially. Not 100% sure how it happened in the first place and why this only happens "sometimes" but at least I can with some more confidence say that it has been fixed now. This must have actually been an issue dating back to version 0.4.1 almost. When I added the code.

I'm not sure I will be able to release a P1 version due to some other changes that I am currently making in the code, that are not at all finished testing. I will have to hold on to this until next version. I fixed your save though in the meantime, so you can continue:
thx a lot i can continue my adventure ;o)

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
thx a lot i can continue my adventure ;o)
For those that have this issue, unfortunately the only work around as mentioned previously by me and arctus, best way is to press last choice until you get to the nika shower scene and continue again from there. Fortunately i was able to fix your save on short notice, as I used it to create a fix :)

To get the last choice option when moving around the house, click on something that shows text, for example the drawer in hallway or something, and you will see the last choice button in the dialogue panel to the right. :)

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
The transitions between stills and animations are really not going smoothly for me (Core I5 8400, GTX960, SSD, 16GB Ram) and after each animation the image shown is briefly the image from before the animation before switching to the correct image after the animation.
Besides I do not get how to go through animations correctly. Are they divided into each angle? Do the zoomed parts belong to a single larger animation or is it possible to skip parts of it ? This really needs to be smoothed out. I know this is about time travel, but I wonder if it is a time glitch or a game glitch sometimes when I see an image popping out of nowhere.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
The transitions between stills and animations are really not going smoothly for me (Core I5 8400, GTX960, SSD, 16GB Ram) and after each animation the image shown is briefly the image from before the animation before switching to the correct image after the animation.
Besides I do not get how to go through animations correctly. Are they divided into each angle? Do the zoomed parts belong to a single larger animation or is it possible to skip parts of it ? This really needs to be smoothed out. I know this is about time travel, but I wonder if it is a time glitch or a game glitch sometimes when I see an image popping out of nowhere.
Hi, you are probably talking about the earlier animations in the game, some of the earlier animations were done longer than the new ones because they also contained multiple angles and sometimes cumshots in one clip, that's also why they have the "loop" feature turned off at the start of the animations. We are aware that it's not ideal how it was done at the start, because sometimes you werent sure if it was just repeating or not, thats why we changed it on the later versions with the new animations.

We are planning on potentially going back and fixing some of these animations, not only because of this reason but because our animation quality has gone up significantly over the more recent releases.

Regarding some of these longer animations, they also contain some glitch effects sometimes, gets kinda obvious because they have discoloration and like a corrupted effect to them, a typical example would be when
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, and this is intentional, however what you discribe above that the image shown is before the animation, it could be because its still loading the animation on your PC.

For the longer animations its not possible to skip just parts of it, hopefully we can cut them down in the future and fix them up.

/A

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018

Yeah.. I know what you mean. I had the same transition effects as you describe. However I run the game on a VM with less available hardware resources or via Wine.

Does your GTX acts strange, like loud fan running, high temperature or other things? In this case pls. check your system for additional updates (GPU, Windows, Codecs etc.).

Another thing you could try is to avoid fast skipping and stop animation before the "continue" button appears.

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
Yeah.. I know what you mean. I had the same transition effects as you describe. However I run the game on a VM with less available hardware resources or via Wine.

Does your GTX acts strange, like loud fan running, high temperature or other things? In this case pls. check your system for additional updates (GPU, Windows, Codecs etc.).

Another thing you could try is to avoid fast skipping and stop animation before the "continue" button appears.
Thanks for the tips, but my GPU seems to be almost idle (I have GPU Monitor active all the time) all the time and no fan speed. With other Unity games The GPU is almost at 100% and no stuttering of any kind occurs.

All codecs, drivers, and system updates are good. This is really the only game I have trouble with.

On the side, the fact that animations are rather long and have no dialogue during them do not help with the feeling. I like when characters talk all the time!

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
ATTENTION MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T PLAYED THE LAST VERSION YET.

A revisited version of my fanzine - UNOFFICIAL fan made - with the Courtesy of Motkeyz and Aesouh

Capture.PNG

All my gratitude to @Ignatz for caught and corrected my broken english ! Any remaining errors will be due to my bad reading of his tips...

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Thanks for the tips, but my GPU seems to be almost idle (I have GPU Monitor active all the time) all the time and no fan speed. With other Unity games The GPU is almost at 100% and no stuttering of any kind occurs.

All codecs, drivers, and system updates are good. This is really the only game I have trouble with.

On the side, the fact that animations are rather long and have no dialogue during them do not help with the feeling. I like when characters talk all the time!
Hi, if your GPU is running idle, are you sure you are actually using the GPU or if you are using the integrated one on the CPU, just to doublecheck here cause it has happened before.

/A

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
A revisited version of my fanzine - UNOFFICIAL fan made - with the Courtesy of Motkeyz and Aesouh

View attachment 269474

All my gratitude to @Ignatz for caught and corrected my broken english ! Any remaining errors will be due to my bad reading of his tips...
Be warned. It's most likely all of you on a pirate site have played the new update, but, if you're like me (yes, I haven't played it yet), then this WILL contain spoilers.

This ends the public service announcement portion of your thread. We now return you to your regular posts.

jackeroo34

Jan 9, 2019
That's weird, what did you set it to? What kind of monitor do you have? Cause the game is designed for 1920x1080.

Glad you got it working though, but maybe it has to do with an intel or so driver doing "graphics dynamic scaling" or something similar.

/A
I tried several different updates to my system but none of it seemed to be working. Only by changing the in-game resolution was I able to get the video to display. I don't recall the exact setting but it was the third down option in the pull down menu. Under options, to the left it shows the 1920x1080, click the pulldown and selected the third option down.

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
Be warned. It's most likely all of you on a pirate site have played the new update, but, if you're like me (yes, I haven't played it yet), then this WILL contain spoilers.

This ends the public service announcement portion of your thread. We now return you to your regular posts.
Thank you and as result i edited the post for warning..

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
You mean, how there can be so much content and only 1.3 gig in size? :)
Seriously, if it wasn't for the Unity engine, there could be so much more room for additional compression.
The so much content part is a joke, isn't it?

4.10 star(s) 232 Votes