JerryC

Mar 5, 2019
Hey guys, if I want to replace my saves with someone else's, how should we do it ? How can he export his saves and how can I import it ?

{edit] Nvm, found it

JacksWastedLife

Jul 21, 2018
Experienced the same bug people were complaining about with 5.3 PE in 5.3 PE P1 where the story won't progress after the big bathroom scene, however, the issue appeared to resolve itself if I clicked "Back" from the Town map instead of trying to go click a location bubble or whatever (I also went to the beach from the town map first, but I don't think that's related). Just FYI.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Experienced the same bug people were complaining about with 5.3 PE in 5.3 PE P1 where the story won't progress after the big bathroom scene, however, the issue appeared to resolve itself if I clicked "Back" from the Town map instead of trying to go click a location bubble or whatever (I also went to the beach from the town map first, but I don't think that's related). Just FYI.
Thanks for the info,

I understand the problem and the outcome of it but I am still not sure exactly why this is happening, if it's performance related...

This place is a bit of my nemesis now when it comes to issues, but in other places where i have done pretty much the same, anyways i am planning some further changes for the next update that hopefully should solve this once and for all. We shall see :) Thank you for the info!

There is one line of code that should start a scene and if the scene is done its should open the map, but only if the shopping event is done, however it seems like it's not registering the "if the shopping event is done" for a selected few people... and then opens the map, as well as starts the next scene.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Is there a crunched version for the latest update?
The game is pretty much already as crunched as it can get without becoming a potato, the game is in 1080p that's why its always going to be a bit bigger htan some other games that get "crunched" down to 720p. We have like 3000 images going on in the game, and all the animations, they are already also compressed as is to webp and m4v/mp4

Reactions: jhose15xs

Radical_Dreamer

Donor
Aug 26, 2018
Anyone else getting just a blank black screen when they first start the game?

Just hit the new game option, and after you put in your name and get past that first text, I get a blank screen that doesn't continue.

Any ideas?

Reactions: InfamousAone

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Anyone else getting just a blank black screen when they first start the game?

Just hit the new game option, and after you put in your name and get past that first text, I get a blank screen that doesn't continue.

Any ideas?
Check the install instructions in the OP, you are missing a windows update :)

Reactions: Radical_Dreamer

ChupaCabre

May 17, 2019
Spent quite awhile trying to figure out why this would not start, tried x64 && x86 versions, on win7 64. Turns out that this prog/game is not FIPS complient. Might want to state that in the main install instructions.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Aesouh

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Spent quite awhile trying to figure out why this would not start, tried x64 && x86 versions, on win7 64. Turns out that this prog/game is not FIPS complient. Might want to state that in the main install instructions.
FIPS?! What does federal processing standards have to do with this game?

Quick read on FIPS

FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) are a set of standards that describe document processing, encryption algorithms and other information technology standards for use within non-military government agencies and by government contractors and vendors who work with the agencies.

What???

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
The setting in Windows complies with the US government FIPS 140 standard. When it’s enabled, it forces Windows to only use FIPS-validated encryption schemes and advises applications to do so, as well.
FIPS mode” doesn’t make Windows more secure. It just blocks access to newer cryptography schemes that haven’t been FIPS-validated. That means it won’t be able to use new encryption schemes, or faster ways of using the same encryption schemes.

In other words, it makes your computer slower, less functional, and arguably less secure.

This setting does two things to Windows itself. It forces Windows and Windows services to use only FIPS-validated cryptography. For example, the Schannel service built into Windows won’t work with older SSL 2.0 and 3.0 protocols, and will require at least TLS 1.0 instead.

4.10 star(s) 236 Votes