gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
Basically, I made a small nodeJS script that does a XOR on every file in the resources dir.

The code:
JavaScript:
const fs = require('fs')
const path = require('path')

const listSync = (dir) =>
  fs.readdirSync(dir)
    .reduce((files, file) =>
      fs.statSync(path.join(dir, file)).isDirectory() ?
        files.concat(listSync(path.join(dir, file))) :
        files.concat(path.join(dir, file)),
      [])

const files = listSync(path.join(__dirname, 'resources', 'Graphics'))

// there is a DataPreparer.generateKey() in ENGINE.js
// but I couldn't figure the key from there,
// nor enable Chrome's debugger so...
// thx https://wiremask.eu/tools/xor-cracker/
const key = Buffer.from([10, 43, 54, 111, 11])
const keyB = new Uint8Array(key)

files.forEach(file => {
  const newFileName = file.replace(path.join(__dirname, 'resources', 'Graphics', '/'), '').replace(/\\/g, '_')

fs.readFile(file, function(err, data) {
    if (err) throw err

let dataB = new Uint8Array(data.buffer)

// from DataPreparer.prepare (ENGINE.js)
    for (let i = j = 0, ref = dataB.length; 0 <= ref ? j < ref : j > ref; i = 0 <= ref ? ++j : --j) {
      dataB[i] = dataB[i] ^ keyB[i % keyB.length]
    }

fs.writeFileSync(path.join(__dirname, 'cg', newFileName), data)
  })
})
Now we need a way to tell the game the files are not encrypted and decrypt the rest of the files in order to get rid of the DRM in timestamps.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
And what about the data collected by Unity? Also if you are working in this field you should be aware that you must acquire explicit user permission before collecting any data that might be used later on to identify the user and give him/her the option to see the collected data and request it's deletion ...
What about the data collected by Unity. Is this a joke? Unity software is completely offline unless developed otherwise. If people install analytics tools in their software its their problem but Unity Analytics is completely optional and not something that we use.

You don't have to acquire explicit user permissions for service delivery of a product, or even for marketing of your own product to someone you have a customer relationship with. I don't think you understand this, but if you use a product that requires your personal information to provide you with a service and you register, you automatically comply with the terms of service, the company has full rights as a data controller to use your data to provide you with said service. GDPR is there to protect companies from passing on your data to third parties without your consent, or using data for something they shouldn't. It is also heavily focused on data retention, so you are no longer able to keep data past its use for longer times. Don't try to school me on GDPR, I don't even know why you came asking for it in this forum, maybe you should ask someone like the developers of Glamour that most likely do pull your IP address, now that's probably something they didn't think of when they made that feature. GDPR is completely unrelated to this project. Why would you even think that we'd pull personal information? We don't require any type of registration for the game, and for any patreons out there, their data stays with patreon.

That's enough GDPR talk for this thread, because as i said, we have nothing to do with it, and the game client isn't collecting any data or sending it from your PC to anywhere else.

Now we need a way to tell the game the files are not encrypted and decrypt the rest of the files in order to get rid of the DRM in timestamps.
You don't seem to even know what DRM is. You don't even need a crack or workaround to play the game as is. You seem to get your terms mixed up. I can tell you right now that the game files will be encrypted because it compromises the integrity of the game if you do any modifications to it, and it mainly also serves to save on space. Without doing this the game would have been over 5 times larger. I already told you that you can rip it through the memory stream, but you seem to rather wait for someone else to do it for you and serve the renders on a plate.

We will add modding support at a later date if requested by supporters but not while it compromises the game integrity like this.

At this point you are just spewing out terms that you don't even know about, just buzzwords that you have caught on from somewhere. Read up a bit first.

/A

Reactions: Shades19

imanadultnow

Sep 29, 2017
While I share your frustration with the games stability on the previous platforms, as I am a fan and a player of the game myself before I was involved with the project, that's also why I decided to work with Motkeyz. You seem so frustrated like Motkeyz is not is not doing the best he can to realize the games full potential. You say that the game has been in development for 5 months, but this is not that simple. Maybe the project has been active for 5 months but it has suffered massive setbacks. While they have been working for MONTHS on the renders and the story which passes on through the engines, an immense amount of work is put in switching platforms to accommodate all the feedback from the players. Many games hit the grave around this time, just look at all the abandoned stuff out there. The fans around the world that stay engaged with this project has been the driving force to continue.

What was Motkeyz supposed to do? The reality is that most artists do not have a development background but wanted to make a game, this is what it's about. They are getting great feedback and support from the community as well.

Motkeyz reached the point of frustration to almost give up, because all the hard work put into each platform change, has caused new other problems. The renders are absolutely amazing, but the engines have been crap, and not only that, but every engine out there today requires tons of time to set up to get it the way you want, and if you tweak anything and don't have an extensive development background you end up with tons of new bugs and instability.

I can tell you this, the project is going stronger than it ever has. It is harsh to put this negativity on the project after everything that has been going on especially in the last month. Motkeyz has also communicated extensively that he is doing everything to ensure quality, it's not like he continued with the first platform and ignored everyone comments.

I was approached by Motkeyz a little bit over a month ago, maybe a week before the announcement on our collaboration, to join on this project and to make sure that the game will reach its full potential, and that's what I'm doing. I set a realistic deadline for getting the entire game re-done from scratch within 2 months, and already now halfway through the time, the development is 95% done and stable. Content Migration and the CG album are the only two major tasks right now, out of more than 40. I'm not simply going to say that I will release this earlier at this point even if we already know that this update today/yesterday is going to be sub-par platform wise.

This is not any of ours full-time jobs, but we're spending more than full-time of time to deliver all of this, because we love the project.

I have been working my ass of for a month so far, using all my spare time when not sleeping or working my dayjob, and I can't show any of it now because we are doing polishing work as we go.

I have my name on this, and my own product VNGINE, if this is bad it's not just sad for this project, but it's my own reputation on the line which I do care a lot about.

ON VNGINE Day 1:
1. The engine will be optimized as far as possible for the first launch, and will continuously be improved as we go.
2. There will be no random freezes, if there are any they are not random, but related to computer performance.
3. We are aiming at making Timestamps more sandboxy, which means we allow more free navigation and doing things in your order. But we can't do much with that yet today, as it requires more content that we have planned in the future and a lot of time we will invest after we've launched on the new engine. Right now you will see significant improvements in room navigation for example.
4. We're not putting any DRM on the game, like some others, because of greed.
5. I've done extensive research on other games when it comes to features, things that need improvement, stability, and I am doing everything possible to avoid anything out there.
6. We will not have random "script errors" like in renpy, where your shit just crashes.
7. We will not trigger "blue screen" like doing in Unity, which means that you are pointing to something that doesnt exist.
8. I will do extensive quality control on the game, before releases and has set at least 1 week of time for this in every release cycle.
9. The Engine is faster.
10. The engine has a much more comprehensive save and load mechanic under the hood.
11. You will be able to reverse through all your choices in the game, even if you forgot to save before it.
12. All the saves are sorted by latest save date, all saves have screenshots as well, like seen in other engines.
13. Save files are easy to export and import.
14. Save files persist through game versions, so you will not lose your progress just because we updated the game.
15. The game will run on any resolution right now but capped at 1080p for best results, since the renders are 1080p. This means if you go lower resolution, it will scale down the game and you won't get a squashed or misaligned game.
16. The platform is completely flexible in development, as I know it inside and out, and do not rely on any third party support. Noone will break the platform except for me, I don't depend on any other library, asset or person.
17. Game will be uploaded more stable and swiftly using a 100up fiber connection.
18. The only limit in game functionality comes from my own creativity, if I cannot solve something I find out, and we haven't seen anything we couldn't do that made sense.

To point at many things done from my trello list:
Engine Core:
* New character naming system
* Inventory System, with beautiful UI and on-hover tooltips.
* Advanced save and load functionality (Not game version dependent)
* Reversing through all your choices.
* Advanced Dialogue Parser
* Money system
* Own asset container file for all our assets, to prevent Unity compiled game size to be too big.
* Very gorgeous and user friendly Save & Load interface.
* Advanced game options such as dialogue text scaling, typewriter effect, typewriter speed.
* Unity remembers your last game settings such as resolution / windowed mode
* More sound channels, that will be correctly used. SFX, Ambience, Music
Timestamps core
* Scripted intro support
* Room navigation
* Special item triggers in rooms.
* UI Special effects, screen shakes, zoom effects, slide effects.
* New cursors, also chaging cursors depending on interraction type, for example when navigating.

Anyways, It's alright if you don't feel like playing this current game version, I totally understand that. This is for the fans that we didn't want to miss out on a release-cycle of renders. We already know the engine sucks, and most people do.

Stick around, or don't, but In one month from now the game will be something that you never thought was possible in this short time of development. Look at a game like glamour, how long did he work on that, and he can't even get the basics over from his previous game, now that's what I consider unacceptable, with an insane amount of funds for what he is doing, he rather work on DRM than to deliver something actually nice for the fans.

Glad you enjoy the renders, and I hope you will love the new Timestamps 0.0.1 on VNGINE in one month from now. See you then!

End Update
/A
Thank you for this comprehensive explanation of current progress and plans. Speaking for myself TB didnt really bother me much, but obviously am happy that it is being changed to something better. thank you again for the work you have done and are doing. Looking forward to a successful relaunch in April. Salut!

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Thank you for this comprehensive explanation of current progress and plans. Speaking for myself TB didnt really bother me much, but obviously am happy that it is being changed to something better. thank you again for the work you have done and are doing. Looking forward to a successful relaunch in April. Salut!
Thank you :) We will not disappoint. Also, you guys are hardened combatants by now haha, it will be like walking on clouds compared to this minefield.

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
oh lol you have nothing new in stock ??? dad does not want to fuck his own wife anymore because he prefers to fuck all the time with his daughter surprise holyfuck for more is not it enough ??? and yes how should it be otherwise all have fun and fuck even this fat bacon has fun with his mom and the mc has

to pay for that he gets a hj / bj really great and what is the pointless fucking with dad? The MC caught him as he peeked at his daughter and we have no influence whether we want to say it mom or not ?? WTF ?? what the fuck? and again it turns out that we do NOT get really fucking shit mc who has to pay

for a ridiculous hj / bj while everyone else has fun without end fuck it really and the decision mom in the kitchen to show the fat is just as useless as the momment where we can grab her on the breasts (of course not naked) and we have NOTHING of it except annoyance

Nov 25, 2017
I was a fan of the art but the game engine while it worked okay for me was also unsatisfying. There was a weird aspect to it that felt unfriendly to the user so a change in game engine is welcome news.

Reactions: Aesouh

smakarov191

May 2, 2017
Help to solve the problem when doors are opened or another action just footage from the past, in my case it's a journal, how to solve this problem???

Claudio83

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
In the morning of day 3 after Juliana that says: "Her voice was getting angrier and angrier but not at Heather" the game doesn't go ahead and is blocked... is normal?

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
What about the data collected by Unity. Is this a joke? Unity software is completely offline unless developed otherwise. If people install analytics tools in their software its their problem but Unity Analytics is completely optional and not something that we use.

You don't have to acquire explicit user permissions for service delivery of a product, or even for marketing of your own product to someone you have a customer relationship with. I don't think you understand this, but if you use a product that requires your personal information to provide you with a service and you register, you automatically comply with the terms of service, the company has full rights as a data controller to use your data to provide you with said service. GDPR is there to protect companies from passing on your data to third parties without your consent, or using data for something they shouldn't. It is also heavily focused on data retention, so you are no longer able to keep data past its use for longer times. Don't try to school me on GDPR, I don't even know why you came asking for it in this forum, maybe you should ask someone like the developers of Glamour that most likely do pull your IP address, now that's probably something they didn't think of when they made that feature. GDPR is completely unrelated to this project. Why would you even think that we'd pull personal information? We don't require any type of registration for the game, and for any patreons out there, their data stays with patreon.

That's enough GDPR talk for this thread, because as i said, we have nothing to do with it, and the game client isn't collecting any data or sending it from your PC to anywhere else.

You don't seem to even know what DRM is. You don't even need a crack or workaround to play the game as is. You seem to get your terms mixed up. I can tell you right now that the game files will be encrypted because it compromises the integrity of the game if you do any modifications to it, and it mainly also serves to save on space. Without doing this the game would have been over 5 times larger. I already told you that you can rip it through the memory stream, but you seem to rather wait for someone else to do it for you and serve the renders on a plate.

We will add modding support at a later date if requested by supporters but not while it compromises the game integrity like this.

At this point you are just spewing out terms that you don't even know about, just buzzwords that you have caught on from somewhere. Read up a bit first.

/A
@Aesouh I honestly hope you're English is bad enough for what you typed to be a misunderstanding on you're part ...

"Unity Analytics is natively integrated with Unity, so there is no SDK to worry about." - I can see every Unity game creating the necessary files to store the collected data even if the computer is offline on first run. Are you telling me every single author have

GDPR requires ANY company (private or governmet) to inform the user and get consent before data collection so he/she can decide not to use the service/product if can't/won't agree with the terms, the only exception is when you have a legislation that states the data is collected/published at which point the user is just notified of this and given the choice ...
I don't know what you're problem with Glamour is and I honestly don't care since I'm not a fan of the always online idea where the other party can fuck with my system if they so desire ...
On the other hand it seems you are unaware that non personal information can fall under GDPR protection too ...
The other point you are missing is that GDPR purpos is to protect user's from data collectors and make the "bad players" think twice due to the monetary sanctions they might suffer if caught.

"Digital rights management (DRM) is a set of access control technologies for restricting the use of proprietary hardware and copyrighted works. DRM technologies try to control the use, modification, and distribution of copyrighted works (such as software and multimedia content), as well as systems within devices that enforce these policies." - The moment you mentioned "* Own asset container file for all our assets, to prevent Unity compiled game size to be too big." it started smelling of encryption and now you confirmed it "I can tell you right now that the game files will be encrypted because it compromises the integrity of the game if you do any modifications to it, and it mainly also serves to save on space. Without doing this the game would have been over 5 times larger.". But I'd like to hear how will the encryption make the game 5 times smaller?

"I already told you that you can rip it through the memory stream, but you seem to rather wait for someone else to do it for you and serve the renders on a plate." Actually I was wondering what method @Benjy used and it turned out to be another method than the one I used "xor IN OUT KEY" in a script to do all the files (not just the \Graphics folder) ...

As for the "it compromises the integrity of the game if you do any modifications to it" I'll simply remain silent ...

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
On the text issue, it lags sometimes, there are times wrong name for text, and the use of "her" instead of "him" which is in so many games.

smakarov191

May 2, 2017
Help to solve the problem when doors are opened or another action just footage from the past, in my case it's a journal, how to solve this problem???

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
@Aesouh I honestly hope you're English is bad enough for what you typed to be a misunderstanding on you're part ...

"Unity Analytics is natively integrated with Unity, so there is no SDK to worry about." - I can see every Unity game creating the necessary files to store the collected data even if the computer is offline on first run. Are you telling me every single author have

GDPR requires ANY company (private or governmet) to inform the user and get consent before data collection so he/she can decide not to use the service/product if can't/won't agree with the terms, the only exception is when you have a legislation that states the data is collected/published at which point the user is just notified of this and given the choice ...
I don't know what you're problem with Glamour is and I honestly don't care since I'm not a fan of the always online idea where the other party can fuck with my system if they so desire ...
On the other hand it seems you are unaware that non personal information can fall under GDPR protection too ...
The other point you are missing is that GDPR purpos is to protect user's from data collectors and make the "bad players" think twice due to the monetary sanctions they might suffer if caught.

As for the "it compromises the integrity of the game if you do any modifications to it" I'll simply remain silent ...
For someone so well versed in English you make an awful lot of mistakes in your grammar.

You somehow managed to fuck up every "your" with "you're" and where you were supposed to you, instead you wrote "you are". That's hilarious.

And this is my last reply to you on GDPR. Really. because you don't know shit.

First of all just because its in an SDK it doesn't mean it's utilized. Do you even know what an SDK is? Just because analytics is built in doesn't mean it's used. And when it comes to programs doing anything on your computer. The files never leave your system, so cut your crap with rights on data collection, because it's not data collection.

It's not leaving your system, or ever will, and to add to this. I just find it extremely funny that you are coming in here with your bullshit, when in fact there is a game out there that IS potentially under scrutiny for GDPR compliance, and yet you come here.

GDPR is exactly for protecting your PII data (Personal Identifiable Information) and to protect your identity, "you are unaware that non personal information can fall under GDPR protection too" No it doesn't. All information that is associated with a person falls under the portability or disclosure rights but by itself it's not PII data.

So cut your bullshit because you don't know left from right. This is the completely wrong forum for this anyway. How about you go read up on GDPR from the source instead or speak to some lawyers.

I don't know what shitty blog post you read about this, but you seem to know an awful lot of nothing about the subject.

Seriously, stop tainting this thread with your bullshit.

And the reason i did mention glamour is because that game is in fact online, and requires user accounts, and since they sit on the servers, they DO have a connection log of some sort, containing at least your IP, so yes they have your personal informaton.

Now please, go somewhere else and bug people. This is for Timestamps, and i already answered your question earlier.

/A

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
haha, as much as i respect your opinion, i saw your posts on several threads and you are always on "angry" mode, is there a game that you like? Out of curiousity, coz none seems to fit well to your standards.
I just want to know which one is good, i might found a pearl due to you ! Thanx

yes I'm angry when I have to see such schei'ß again and again where I play as a player soche damn loser as for example in "Goodnight Kiss" because the MC is cheated by his wife every day she fucks with a type of the work of mc saw you in the hotel and heard how she insulted her own husband in the worst way and made him bad and what is? nothing he must continue to make sweet talk with her

and she also tells him that she fucks strangers and it does not want to do it but it continues and NOTHING happened to kick the bitch out of the house should go to her fuck friend damn or now the latest update of "FamilySecret" where the mc is completely loser than boss in the family business he is the loser and mom becomes a whore and the beginning makes them by getting fucked by the driver then I could bet they

themselves fucked by all the types in the bush also lets if she does not already do it and then the black guy of yes all girls in the office fucks it guy blackmaild the girls and fucks them by the way the guy it comes in the office of the mc pure although the says that he should stay outside but what does not interest him and sit down and gives instructions to the mc what he has to do I have my what's the fuck? and the game

has a harem day um ... yes what a harem? with which girls ??? the from the office ??? a harem of spent girls who are permanently fucked by the staff and probably by the client? harem with remainder utilization? what the fuck? and mom? We may massage the feet again (hello fußfetisch again -.-) if the slut wants a foot

massage should she go to her driver she wants to be fucked by the ?? then she should be massaged the damn feet of the
and as mc you have to work off the ass to maybe even get along while others can only go and fuck mom throws each of the neck and makes the legs wide and the mc can not do anything against us as mc always have the friendly nice play why mom, for example, can not be touched what we think

of her after she throws herself at the driver's neck so he can fuck her times mom does it too so she gets colder than a block of ice to mc as she dudes him he kind of nichz mehjr has to drive with and he is supposed to watch as he comes to work is hard to show her that the mc now says where to go
and not always this pathetic miserable sissy behave

and you want to know which games I like? please this is no secret "Depraved Awakening" incredible captivating story unbelievably fantastic graphics and unbelievably good sex scenes many ways / possibilities ... or I like "DOD" and also "Milfy City" also fantastic graphics ......

These are just a few of the games I like ^^

4.10 star(s) 236 Votes