gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
For someone so well versed in English you make an awful lot of mistakes in your grammar.

You somehow managed to fuck up every "your" with "you're" and where you were supposed to you, instead you wrote "you are". That's hilarious.

And this is my last reply to you on GDPR. Really. because you don't know shit.

First of all just because its in an SDK it doesn't mean it's utilized. Do you even know what an SDK is? Just because analytics is built in doesn't mean it's used. And when it comes to programs doing anything on your computer. The files never leave your system, so cut your crap with rights on data collection, because it's not data collection.

It's not leaving your system, or ever will, and to add to this. I just find it extremely funny that you are coming in here with your bullshit, when in fact there is a game out there that IS potentially under scrutiny for GDPR compliance, and yet you come here.

GDPR is exactly for protecting your PII data (Personal Identifiable Information) and to protect your identity, "you are unaware that non personal information can fall under GDPR protection too" No it doesn't. All information that is associated with a person falls under the portability or disclosure rights but by itself it's not PII data.

So cut your bullshit because you don't know left from right. This is the completely wrong forum for this anyway. How about you go read up on GDPR from the source instead or speak to some lawyers.

I don't know what shitty blog post you read about this, but you seem to know an awful lot of nothing about the subject.

Seriously, stop tainting this thread with your bullshit.

And the reason i did mention glamour is because that game is in fact online, and requires user accounts, and since they sit on the servers, they DO have a connection log of some sort, containing at least your IP, so yes they have your personal informaton.

Now please, go somewhere else and bug people. This is for Timestamps, and i already answered your question earlier.

/A
I'll end whit the GDPR subject by quoteing just the beginning and leave the link here for you to read the rest if you wish:
In European and other data protection regimes, which center primarily around the , the term "personal data" is significantly broader than PII, and determines the scope of the regulatory regime.
Special Publication 800-122 defines PII as "any information about an individual maintained by an agency, including (1) any information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual's identity, such as name, social security number, date and place of birth, mother's maiden name, or biometric records; and (2) any other information that is linked or linkable to an individual, such as medical, educational, financial, and employment information." So, for example, a user's IP address is not classed as PII on its own, but is classified as linked PII.
The concept of PII has become prevalent as information technology and the Internet have made it easier to collect PII leading to a profitable market in collecting and reselling PII. PII can also be exploited by criminals to stalk or steal the identity of a person, or to aid in the planning of criminal acts. As a response to these threats, many website privacy policies specifically address the gathering of PII, and lawmakers have enacted a series of legislation to limit the distribution and accessibility of PII.
However, PII is a legal concept, not a technical concept, and as noted, it is not utilised in all jurisdictions. Because of the versatility and power of modern re-identification algorithms, the absence of PII data does not mean that the remaining data does not identify individuals. While some attributes may not be uniquely identifying on their own, any attribute can be potentially identifying in combination with others. These attributes have been referred to as quasi-identifiers or pseudo-identifiers. While such data may not constitute PII in the United States, it is highly likely to remain personal data under European data protection law.
The reason I started it is because you are about to make available your first product and unlike Glamor it's something I'm interested in and it would be a problem for me if the engine had similar features + it would have meant my patronage of the timestamps project would have to stop - it's still pending the result of next release.

English is my third+ language so I consider my grammar good but thanks for the lesson I'll try not to repeat the mistakes you pointed out.

"there is no SDK to worry about" vs "First of all just because its in an SDK it doesn't mean it's utilized." If data is collected in a DB file then it probably is utilized + there is no need for the whole file to be sent, usually only the latest batch of collected data is transmuted or in many cases only the result of it after using the user system to calculate it. Besides my problem is not with the data being sent but collected in the first place.

I'm still waiting to hear your answer to this:
The moment you mentioned "* Own asset container file for all our assets, to prevent Unity compiled game size to be too big." it started smelling of encryption and now you confirmed it "I can tell you right now that the game files will be encrypted because it compromises the integrity of the game if you do any modifications to it, and it mainly also serves to save on space. Without doing this the game would have been over 5 times larger.". But I'd like to hear how will the encryption make the game 5 times smaller?

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I'm still waiting to hear your answer to this:
It's not my first product, it may be my first game here, but I have been working professionally with product development and services for over a decade.

In regards to the container, the fact is that if I put all the 1080p renders inside unity, 600 MB turns into 4.5GB due to the way engine handles images and preparing them for a faster read to the GPU, when bundled into the unity assets it's no longer ".jpg" or ".png". People get around this by putting the images outside in a folder. They don't do this because they _want_ to , it's because they generally don't know _how_ to put it in a container. Even while I was developing mine people said it was stupid effort to put in an indie game because its difficult, because you have to stream assets not just read them. Makes it feel even better to have it done. The container will contain the dialogue files, the renders, and some other assets as much as possible to save on the space in the compiled game and conserve integrity. We will have a CG album in the game as well, so it's not like we want to block people from enjoying the renders on demand.

/A

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I do not understand a thing about your argument, both of you, and wish not to participate ofc.
Just my 2 cents, do not trust everything you read on wikipedia, this is not the holy bible...hmm wait actually it is, there's a lot of unproofable fact in it ! :)
So true, that's why I have multiple lawyers to analyze this professionally, and we pay a lot for it. If we would use internet for legal advice or medicinal advice, everything is on fire and everyone has a rare form of cancer.

I also spoke to one of the judges directly, that implemented the laws locally. I never read a wiki for these kind of things, and so far most blog posts that i have read screamed "everything is on fire" when it's not.

Anyways, enough is enough about that chat, at least I know we have our asses covered.
/A

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
It's not my first product, it may be my first game here, but I have been working professionally with product development and services for over a decade.

In regards to the container, the fact is that if I put all the 1080p renders inside unity, 600 MB turns into 4.5GB due to the way engine handles images and preparing them for a faster read to the GPU, when bundled into the unity assets it's no longer ".jpg" or ".png". People get around this by putting the images outside in a folder. They don't do this because they _want_ to , it's because they generally don't know _how_ to put it in a container. Even while I was developing mine people said it was stupid effort to put in an indie game because its difficult, because you have to stream assets not just read them. Makes it feel even better to have it done. The container will contain the dialogue files, the renders, and some other assets as much as possible to save on the space in the compiled game and conserve integrity. We will have a CG album in the game as well, so it's not like we want to block people from enjoying the renders on demand.

/A
Let me clarify - I meant this will be the first product from you I'm interested in that I'm aware of.

I'm afraid I still don't see any advantage from the use of the container but that's up to you, once the new version is available I'll be testing it.

P.S. No offense but from the terms and interpretations you used my impression is you are based outside of EU where the interpretation and rules are much more relaxed and might result in problems if used without change in EU where the protection and interpretation is much wider.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
P.S. No offense but from the terms and interpretations you used my impression is you are based outside of EU where the interpretation and rules are much more relaxed and might result in problems if used without change in EU where the protection and interpretation is much wider.
I'm in fact European and work for a large international European company. Being inside EU or outside of EU does not matter in terms of GDPR. It's not wider in EU, its the same, that's the whole point. This applies to all companies worldwide that deals with European citizens personal data. Residents even.

Please stop assuming things and just move on from this subject.

/A

Reactions: Shades19 and Jarul

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
please just one save from the previous version... i dont have the time to do it again .. please
Sorry I don't have a save at hand, but if you don't care for the old content you can speed through in just a minute or two, just clicking past everything.

/A

Zeref๖ۣۜ

Jun 26, 2017
Sorry I don't have a save at hand, but if you don't care for the old content you can speed through in just a minute or two, just clicking past everything.
but if speed through everything wouldnt it affect the future content and btw why would it only take 1 or 2 minutes ?

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
but if speed through everything wouldnt it affect the future content and btw why would it only take 1 or 2 minutes ?
Because if you click super fast you ignore like everything. I think most of the new content is on GHD 3, so you can speed through day one and two fast.

Reason it goes fast is because it's a VN, so most of the stuff is naturally dialogues and images, if you skip that there isnt that much more to it other than room navigation and doing some choices :p

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Whenever I load save, it shows to me and the text and choices go on. Is this a bug or just me?

Looks like a bug to me, at this point, lets see how much time Motkeyz will be able to spend on fixing this, i had a hunch things would be buggy... at this point i not only the fans but the entire timestamps team wants this to be the the end of that chapter. I know he has some bugs that he is working on fixing today, I hope it goes well.

Reactions: Motkeyz and alu35

WaerM

Dec 3, 2017
new update *WoHoo*
One question: do I have to install both the patch and the fix files ?

Mourp

Jun 15, 2017
I ran into that same bug on loading a savegame. I had already played through to an ending though, and was going to look at the other choices. No big deal.

I'm new to this game but I'm very impressed with the content so far. The character renders are top notch, and more importantly don't resemble characters from other games. I also appreciate that time and care went into the scenery so I'm not seeing that same kitchen from 5 other games (you all know what kitchen I'm talking about), and so on.
Good job, and I'm looking forward to the next version.

4.10 star(s) 236 Votes