DarkFire

A Necessary Evil
Donor
Jun 1, 2017
Lucky for those that have a good experience. I tried it on both a 32-bit & 64-bit operating system; the 32-bit one doesn't even start (with fixes included)—gets an immediate kernal32 error or whatever upon start, and has to close down the program. The 64-bit one works, though still has said problems mentioned previously. So I don't know; about every other game on here that uses Ren'Py, Unity, Unreal, Tyrano, and most of the RPG Maker games play well for me—even those crazy Japanese ones.

They take for granted the games (paid or not) but they don't know how hard it can be to be a dev, especially a solo dev.

"Ignorance is venomous and it murders the soul" - Immortal Technique - maybe i should make this my signature :cool:

True. . . yet—sympathy, empathy and/or pity for a game developer—is not the players job. Better cast more buffs, level up, and get every blessing & magic item you can find! :evilsmile:

Reactions: sanmal

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Game completely is dead for me. It was playing fine, then went to change a scene and froze. now it starts fullscreen black with no response to any input 64 bit version

uhohitsuhoh

May 21, 2017
this game has alot of promise but the past two releases have been unplayable for me.

if i attempt to load a save i get a random image i've seen already, whenever it loads, between images. prior to loading a save its just a black screen normally. also that same random image that will appear tends to get stuck and lock on screen. so the dialogue and everything moves forward, but im stuck looking at the same random image.

i enjoyed where this game was going, i just havent been able to see where its been going the past couple releases.

if i look on the bright side, hopefully when they switch to a new engine next update it will be playable, and i'll have 3 updates to play through instead of one.

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
Thanks guys for all the comment, good or bad! It is sure not the best release engine wise... there is problem that was solved in earlier release that reapear in this one for some reason.

As some of you know, the game was delayed because they made a change in the engine that broke the choices path in the game making it freeze.
In earlier release, the game have been coded to correct some bug (like the recurent image in the load game). I have added feature in my game , that wasnt able to be done in the generic one too. They finally correct the choice bug but by that i was forced to change the code that correct old bug, so right now its a fucking mess and im tired of fighting for this engine and i do not want to waste more time in this.

I took the decision to move on to next release and build new artwork and storyline instead of wasting time correcting this one. Hope you will understand!

Please stay tune for the next release, thanks for those who support us!

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
Whenever I load save, it shows to me and the text and choices go on. Is this a bug or just me?

That wasnt suppose to happens... something wrong again in the engine... old bug that was solved show up again!

Reactions: Krull

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
I ran into that same bug on loading a savegame. I had already played through to an ending though, and was going to look at the other choices. No big deal.

I'm new to this game but I'm very impressed with the content so far. The character renders are top notch, and more importantly don't resemble characters from other games. I also appreciate that time and care went into the scenery so I'm not seeing that same kitchen from 5 other games (you all know what kitchen I'm talking about), and so on.
Good job, and I'm looking forward to the next version.
Thanks!! Glad you notice the time invest in creation!

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
And guys do not use old saves, there is new Animations been added, you will miss the good part :relievedface:.
Well in fact in this one everything is added on new content, no modification was done in the old one except ''reinserting old bug that was solved :'(''

So you can use old save game from 0.0.3.3 to start directly on new content! If using older version you should restart because new content was added in 0..0.3.3

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
Well, the engine is still new on the market and ofc it has bugs and such.
Is not fair to bash any game (VNM engine is not even 6 months old) that's not made in ren'py. I understand that we all want to play a game smoothly but acting like this especially when Motkeys said he will move to another platform, in my opinion this is rudeness.
Also, not all of us have the patience, skill or whatever it takes to code in ren'py. Some of us (including I) will look for alternative like tyrano, unity, vnm and so on, which is normal.
Soon I will release my game made in the same engine.
I wonder how hard I will be crushed by these users...

Great game btw Motkeyz.
Thanks, i wish you good luck for releasing your game. Honnestly i really like the potential behind this engine and i have defend it since day1. If your game is a a basic one you wont have problem. Mine use lot of hotspot and do thing that was implement in the beta branch for my game before it was available in the regular one. I know the engine is new, i really building my game with it, that why i choose it. But it cannot do what i really want to do in the game, VNgine will do everything!!! I will check your game when you release!!

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
It played for me also, although during play your kinda sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for it to crash. Love the story and the renders are the best out there. keep it up.
THanks its appreciated!

Led

Jul 16, 2017
Love the game, like I said, earlier. However, I noticed that the dialogues are rather confusing, since many times the wrong character name appears above the dialogues. I also noticed that old grammar errors haven't been fixed, yet. For instance, the dialogues when mom sits on MC's lap. By the way, I got confused when the MC travels back in time. Pretty much all scenes and dialogues are identical to before traveling back in time, even MC's dialogues. That doesn't make sense. I would expect the MC to have used his knowledge of about what's going to happen and do something with that knowledge. Instead of that, the game continues into a never ending loop. Is that supposed to happen?

kraskoshka

Aug 13, 2017
To the developer:

Just wanna say, despite the clunky engine and bugs, overall I think it's a good game. The visuals and animations are very good, and the story seemed interesting.

It's easy to not acknowledge these strengths when the player is annoyed by engine stuff but a lot of that is beyond your control.

I just wanted to take a moment to focus on the things I believe to be done well!

4.10 star(s) 236 Votes