DanMachiFan

Jan 22, 2018
Well the game is forced full screen in the code right now. Poeple was asking that in early development and now people do not want it anymore haha! I cannot please everyone. BUt im sure Aesouh will solve this in next version
This doesn't bother me, but I can understand if someone find this annoying.
I'm not an expert at all and probably this is a stupid question, but wouldn't be possible to release a sort of patch with a modified "package.json", like @gue5t pointed out in the post above yours, for those who want to play in windowed mode?

Reactions: Motkeyz

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
Well the game is forced full screen in the code right now. Poeple was asking that in early development and now people do not want it anymore haha! I cannot please everyone. BUt im sure Aesouh will solve this in next version
Giving choice is best anyway. :)

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
I'm not an expert at all and probably this is a stupid question, but wouldn't be possible to release a sort of patch with a modified "package.json", like @gue5t pointed out in the post above yours, for those who want to play in windowed mode?
Changing package.json fullscreen to false reapplies to true when starting the game. I guess hardcoded value takes precedence over user preference.

Reactions: DanMachiFan

DanMachiFan

Jan 22, 2018
Changing package.json fullscreen to false reapplies to true when starting the game. I guess hardcoded value takes precedence over user preference.
It seems that I was right about the "stupid question" part. Thanks. :)

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Lucky for those that have a good experience. I tried it on both a 32-bit & 64-bit operating system; the 32-bit one doesn't even start (with fixes included)—gets an immediate kernal32 error or whatever upon start, and has to close down the program. The 64-bit one works, though still has said problems mentioned previously. So I don't know; about every other game on here that uses Ren'Py, Unity, Unreal, Tyrano, and most of the RPG Maker games play well for me—even those crazy Japanese ones.

True. . . yet—sympathy, empathy and/or pity for a game developer—is not the players job. Better cast more buffs, level up, and get every blessing & magic item you can find! :evilsmile:
Dev's also can't be blamed if the player has a craptastic or otherwise broken PC. Here's a hint, if 99% of the audience doesn't have a problem with the game, using Windows 7, Windows 10, 32bit or 64 bit and you do, guess where the problem lies? Hint..Not with the game or the dev most likely...

Game developers have zero control over who borks the registtry of their PC, nor do they know what malware, virsuses, or half broken other software you have installed and/or tried to run before their product. Now if you were using an iPhone, where the OS is mostly locked down, that's different, but there is a reason why so many PC gamedev's in general swapped to doing console games only.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Doesn't work :(
Ah sorry to hear :( I don't really know much about VNM to be able to assist on this, but I understand also why Motkeyz used it, it has nice features for previewing what you are doing, and easier to set up the basics, too bad that the product isn't as stable as the maker of the engine says it is. It's funny because VNM is made by the same company that makes RPG Makere VX. In the last months the ratings of the product has tanked severely. You can see it here.

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
First thought: the controls are super wonky. I keep hitting left click once and having multiple frames go through. I even tried using an xbox controller (This looks to be RPGMaker, and I've found controllers tend to work well); but it's not even recognized!

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
Ah sorry to hear :( I don't really know much about VNM to be able to assist on this, but I understand also why Motkeyz used it, it has nice features for previewing what you are doing, and easier to set up the basics, too bad that the product isn't as stable as the maker of the engine says it is. It's funny because VNM is made by the same company that makes RPG Makere VX. In the last months the ratings of the product has tanked severely. You can see it here.
Don't worry it's not the end of the world, as you can change it when ingame :)
It's really a minor thing!

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
First thought: the controls are super wonky. I keep hitting left click once and having multiple frames go through. I even tried using an xbox controller (This looks to be RPGMaker, and I've found controllers tend to work well); but it's not even recognized!
It's not RPG Maker but apparently made by the same guys, its a fiasco anyway.

Also, to add another engine update,

In VNGINE default text style is typewriter (thought I'm looking to implement fade in as well). However you can change the typewriter speed in the settings, or shut it of completely and just show instant dialogue. To add to this I just finished up so you can instantly display text if you click while its typing out something. Thought that'd be an appreciated feature. I know it's common in some other engines, but yeah.

I'm working on getting the best features from other engines in mine as well. Everything else is also going like on rails right now, maybe it's the bottle of wine I opened up that helps too, had to do a small celebration myself for all the progress made :) It's the holidays after all :)

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
I'll check in again in a few months. Visually, this is really hot and the story has potential. But the controls are just too frustrating. It either freezes or skips too quickly.

The English could do with some improvements, as well.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I'll check in again in a few months. Visually, this is really hot and the story has potential. But the controls are just too frustrating. It either freezes or skips too quickly.

The English could do with some improvements, as well.
Check in around the 25th of April, you won't be dissapointed :)

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
You can use this files, overwrite the files in your data folder of the game folder and game will start windowed. If you use the lewdpatcher, it will restore to Fullscreen by default.

throw_nws

Jul 19, 2017
What a great update. The only thing that I'm not sure about it is Bacon's mother redesign. I thought her old model was just fine.
I'm of the opposite opinion. I liked the revamp of both the leads Milfs. Heather was way too close to Tracy from Dreams of Desire. Her new look gives her a uniquness and i no longer think of Tracy when i see her. She's Heather, Bacons mom.

Ditto for Juliana and her new hairdo. She's sexier imo, they both are.

Great game though Dev, besides the confusion of room navigation in early game. Still one of the best already on this site and its early days yet.

4.10 star(s) 236 Votes