Unity Titans University [v0.1.7] [TitansU]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

DoofusMan

Jun 25, 2019
Had some time today so I jumped in Unity and fixed up those major bugs! Let me know if you find any other issues playing for now. Animations and models are super rough in this version still so stay posted for the update on that.
Yo, legit, the preview of the new models must be the most intense and quickest progression I've seen in terms of quality of artwork. She went from cave troll to looking really nice AND with a personal twist/touch to it! Congrats for real. Can't wait to see where this project goes in the future!

EDIT: Oh also I am TOTALLY for the idea of keeping the old model in somehow as a meme in the future hahaha! Like a self-aware well implemented meme hahaha! It'd be great!

Last edited:

ExtendedSpace

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2017
Yo, legit, the preview of the new models must be the quickest and most intense progression I've seen in terms of quality of artwork. She went from troll cave to looking really nice AND with a personal twist/touch to it! Congrats for real. Can't wait to see where this project goes in the future!

EDIT: Oh also I am TOTALLY for the idea of keeping the old model in somehow as a meme in the future hahaha! Like a self-aware well implemented meme hahaha!It'd be great!
Thanks, diggin the positive vibes on the new model! Ramen is definitely here to stay :devilish:

ExtendedSpace

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2017
Hey guys, been almost a month since my last update, making good progress so far! Got the new models animations mostly done for the 0.1 update(Terrific can actually talk now!).
ProgressShot2.JPG
(Made him his signature jacket)

Facial animations and other stuff is still a bit stiff, coming changes for that will be later after the 0.1 update. For now, she can do pretty much everything the old model could do (albeit that wasn't much) but it's big progress!
ProgressShot.JPG

Before the 0.1 update we are going to try and fix the lighting issue, it feels pretty off and pixelated at times and I want to get the day/night cycle working correctly. Multiple new clothes options are coming too with 0.1, so there will be a bit more "gameplay" and options to choose from.

Expecting to be done with the update by the end of next month, so look out for it!

riderfan097

May 12, 2019
Hey guys, been almost a month since my last update, making good progress so far! Got the new models animations mostly done for the 0.1 update(Terrific can actually talk now!).
View attachment 1426766
(Made him his signature jacket)

Facial animations and other stuff is still a bit stiff, coming changes for that will be later after the 0.1 update. For now, she can do pretty much everything the old model could do (albeit that wasn't much) but it's big progress!
View attachment 1426765

Before the 0.1 update we are going to try and fix the lighting issue, it feels pretty off and pixelated at times and I want to get the day/night cycle working correctly. Multiple new clothes options are coming too with 0.1, so there will be a bit more "gameplay" and options to choose from.

Expecting to be done with the update by the end of next month, so look out for it!
Wow, that is some tremendous progress! The model for Raven looks much better than it did in the first release. In my opinion, it still looks like a Sims character (albeit, a base game Sim instead of a modded one), but its still a vast improvement. I think that the main change I would make to the character model is making the eyes a bit bigger, and the lips a bit smaller but, granted, I'm not sure if you're going for cartoon accuracy or comic accuracy. Either way, great work. I'm looking forward to the release.

ExtendedSpace

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2017
Wow, that is some tremendous progress! The model for Raven looks much better than it did in the first release. In my opinion, it still looks like a Sims character (albeit, a base game Sim instead of a modded one), but its still a vast improvement. I think that the main change I would make to the character model is making the eyes a bit bigger, and the lips a bit smaller but, granted, I'm not sure if you're going for cartoon accuracy or comic accuracy. Either way, great work. I'm looking forward to the release.
Thanks G, this is still version 1 of the new model so I'm open to changes in the future. now that I have basically the same/bit more functionality than before with the characters, I'm working on some other things like head/eye tracking and the sim parts like getting money and a basic shop going. Hopefully we'll have the basic gameplay loop down by then.

superfire516

Feb 6, 2020
Thanks G, this is still version 1 of the new model so I'm open to changes in the future. now that I have basically the same/bit more functionality than before with the characters, I'm working on some other things like head/eye tracking and the sim parts like getting money and a basic shop going. Hopefully we'll have the basic gameplay loop down by then.
Doing it and doing it and doing it well.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ExtendedSpace

DoofusMan

Jun 25, 2019
Proud of you my dude. You clearly got this. You learn quick and also it shows, that you're passionate. Also good job on interacting/communicating with your community. :)

Last edited:

ExtendedSpace

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2017
Hey guys, almost ready for the 0.1 release. Probably going to drop it this Thursday so look out!

Have a lot of UI updates in this one along with the new models. Also got lighting done and reworked the clothing system now, it'll be much easier to make changes and add new outfits in the future.

1635272410831.png

In model news, I got to work on Starfire! Starfire V1 is here and she'll definitely be ready for the 0.2 release (after probably several bugfix and UI updates in 0.1xx).

1635272809285.png

(don't mind the neck line, I didn't combine the head and body at that point)
1635272784151.png

So there were a couple things I wasn't able to get to, mainly head tracking and adding new clothes (I did add some new dress and shoe options but not many), there is also no changes to dialogue for now (that is one thing I want to get done for Ravens story before Starfire comes out).

Also still working on the shop to buy items, I've moved the shop to the new phone system (looks pretty basic right now and most buttons aren't usable) and also the start of the University management system where you can pick eventually pick schedules, school uniforms and also upgrades/extensions to the university.

1635273089946.png 1635273253398.png

So question for you guys, for the cutscenes that play out in the game, would you prefer more scripted sequences where you don't get the option to skip but it's smoothly timed out or the preference of visual novel style, where each line of dialogue plays and animations play on each line of dialogue. It's a bit harder to set up smooth animations when the character has to return to an idle each time so it will definitely take more time to get updates out.

The next update will probably be 2-3 months after this one, I'm obviously gonna be kicking ass on Halo Infinite. I'll still be working on the game though!

Let me know what you guys think below, and look forward to the update!

1635272299123.png 1635272728829.png 1635272784151.png 1635272809285.png 1635273089946.png 1635273253398.png

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
the models are looking better (looks back 4 pages). A LOT better. Glad you didn't give up.
Just remember, lighting (especially ambient lights) play a big role in graphics. You could have a low poly model with basic textures and still make it look good with a decent 3point light, or a high poly 4K model but make it look crap with bad lighting.
So you might want to change the flood light in the room some time in the future. Maybe add some soft lights.

NaughtyScales

Dec 28, 2017
TITANS UNIVERSITY
Hey guys, almost ready for the 0.1 release. Probably going to drop it this Thursday so look out!

Have a lot of UI updates in this one along with the new models. Also got lighting done and reworked the clothing system now, it'll be much easier to make changes and add new outfits in the future.

View attachment 1470063

In model news, I got to work on Starfire! Starfire V1 is here and she'll definitely be ready for the 0.2 release (after probably several bugfix and UI updates in 0.1xx).

View attachment 1470068

(don't mind the neck line, I didn't combine the head and body at that point)
View attachment 1470067

So there were a couple things I wasn't able to get to, mainly head tracking and adding new clothes (I did add some new dress and shoe options but not many), there is also no changes to dialogue for now (that is one thing I want to get done for Ravens story before Starfire comes out).

Also still working on the shop to buy items, I've moved the shop to the new phone system (looks pretty basic right now and most buttons aren't usable) and also the start of the University management system where you can pick eventually pick schedules, school uniforms and also upgrades/extensions to the university.

View attachment 1470071 View attachment 1470072

So question for you guys, for the cutscenes that play out in the game, would you prefer more scripted sequences where you don't get the option to skip but it's smoothly timed out or the preference of visual novel style, where each line of dialogue plays and animations play on each line of dialogue. It's a bit harder to set up smooth animations when the character has to return to an idle each time so it will definitely take more time to get updates out.

The next update will probably be 2-3 months after this one, I'm obviously gonna be kicking ass on Halo Infinite. I'll still be working on the game though!

Let me know what you guys think below, and look forward to the update!

View attachment 1470059 View attachment 1470064 View attachment 1470067 View attachment 1470068 View attachment 1470071 View attachment 1470072
Nice work, visually you made huge progress, and don't overthink gameplay, you are still a one man.

nicoartamai

Apr 24, 2020
Okay so here's a issue that I'm having and I'm hoping someone here can clue me in to how to fix. Trying to play on a laptop.. no big deal it has handled a lot of different games however when I load the game this is what I get...I would really like to try the game so any knowledge is appreciated

Ravic22

Oct 4, 2020
Okay so here's a issue that I'm having and I'm hoping someone here can clue me in to how to fix. Trying to play on a laptop.. no big deal it has handled a lot of different games however when I load the game this is what I get...I would really like to try the game so any knowledge is appreciated
That happened to me. try changing your screen resolution. either from the desktop or your gpu

Reactions: nicoartamai
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes