Unity Titans University [v0.1.7] [TitansU]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

ExtendedSpace

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2017
I literally can't get past day one without something bugging out and freezing the game. Looks promising but is currently unplayable.
Hey man, what's happening day 1? As soon as the opening cutscene closes out, it should be bringing up the starting Terrific cutscene (I did this on purpose so it fires off the right flags to begin the game).

If you can point me in the right direction I can check it out.

stormtiger

Mar 22, 2020
I would love to try the game again, but I can't get past the speed of the auto advance on the text. It is to fast for me to read and enjoy the game. If you remove the auto advance or allowed us to choose the speed, I would try it again.

ExtendedSpace

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2017
I would love to try the game again, but I can't get past the speed of the auto advance on the text. It is to fast for me to read and enjoy the game. If you remove the auto advance or allowed us to choose the speed, I would try it again.
Totally get that, I'm actually working on a feature to both auto-advance text faster and also stop the auto-advanced feature. Also planning on adding a debug button for a lot of the major issues that seem to crop up when people start the game.

My idea for the set speed of text right now is that it also goes with the current animations that trigger (like when she raises her hand or changes her standing position) but a slowdown shouldn't be a problem, it's more the speed-up that could cause some visible issues (I guess if someone is skipping through it though it wouldn't matter too much).

The other solution that has like a 1% possibility is voice casting, I'd have to get a whole lot of monetary support to afford that/find the right actresses so that's not planned lol.

Fake_Emo_Jace

Nov 8, 2020
Gotta say the new models are impressive, you've clearly improved a lot, still a tad rough but still, incredible work, can't wait to see you improve even more in the time to come, good luck with the game

• Red Heart
Reactions: ExtendedSpace

Masgara

Nov 15, 2020
I like a models and idea of the game.
However, this is currently unplayable. It is possible game freeze in every point when starting dialogues changes to next. Same happens when choosing dialogue option in conversation. The last thing is that saving and loading isn't working at all.

In this early in development I can only wish you a luck.

BiscuitCultist

Jul 26, 2017
Hey man, what's happening day 1? As soon as the opening cutscene closes out, it should be bringing up the starting Terrific cutscene (I did this on purpose so it fires off the right flags to begin the game).

If you can point me in the right direction I can check it out.
So I go to end Day 1 and move on to the rest of the game and it seems like it works but then despite showing the options for Day2 I can't select anything but end day which restarts Day 1. It's very odd.

ExtendedSpace

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2017
Hey guys, hope everyone enjoyed the holidays! I'm taking a little break for the holidays but I'll get back to it in a week or two. This next update will be a minor one (no new scenes) but it will have a lot of fixes hopefully that will solve some user issues.

Finally planning on tackling the save system and a good run-through on all dialogue options and possible freezes that can be in the game. Also planning on reimplementing the clothes changer and a couple other small changes.

As usual, if you find any game breaking bugs or other issues always let me know!

ExtendedSpace

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2017
I like a models and idea of the game.
However, this is currently unplayable. It is possible game freeze in every point when starting dialogues changes to next. Same happens when choosing dialogue option in conversation. The last thing is that saving and loading isn't working at all.

In this early in development I can only wish you a luck.
Hey, I'm going to be focusing on issues like these with the next update. Saving and loading wasn't that much of a priority since there honestly wasn't that much to be saving, but now that it's got a couple routes you go through it's time. Also, when you are getting freezes are you using the skip button (left CTRL or the actual button)? I know that it can sometimes skip important flags so I'm looking into that too.

If you want you can shoot me your specs on Patreon or a PM here I can check out if it's something related to that.

ExtendedSpace

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2017
So I go to end Day 1 and move on to the rest of the game and it seems like it works but then despite showing the options for Day2 I can't select anything but end day which restarts Day 1. It's very odd.
Hey man, I'm going to run through the dialogue options and check the flags probably next week or in 2 weeks (still on vacation). But seems pretty specific so I think I can tackle that pretty quick!

ExtendedSpace

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2017
not bad actually... there is a lot of improvement will there be more girls than 3 girls only?
Thanks, there will def be even more improvements coming!

Yes, I have around 11 girls planned right now, those are mainly if we reach stretch goals (that I haven't put out yet) and only after the first 3 girls (Raven, Starfire, Jinx) are completed with their main questlines.

A couple of the ones I am planning on having are not mainline girls since I think we see enough of them (but had to start off with the familiar girls of course). I'll do them by the usual Patreon poll if I get enough patrons, but definitely a stretch goal and a very long while off.

Bumblebee
Punchline
Orphan (Cassandra Cain)
Ravager (Rose Wilson)
Batgirl (Batfamily always has to get involved in a game like this)
Plus a bunch more!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dell96kill

Chimp :D

Jan 18, 2020
This game has a pretty strong foundation. I'd love to see alternate outfits based on corruption, and maybe option to add makeup as they become more corrupted.

ExtendedSpace

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2017
This game has a pretty strong foundation. I'd love to see alternate outfits based on corruption, and maybe option to add makeup as they become more corrupted.
Already a planned (and partially implemented) feature! moods and certain routes will change her base look (in a future update), clothes options will become available when the corruption level is reached. It's going to work kind of like Witch Trainers or Rogue-Like's clothing system. I just have to make more clothes and all that (I already have a messy makeup option planned for certain routes too).

Reactions: Chimp :D

ExtendedSpace

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2017
Hey guys, progress update!

Have an absolutely huge code overhaul that I'm in the middle of that should solve several issues users have been having.

- The main issue with the save system was that I was having each scene in Unity work as separate events. Now, all scenes are connected to the same Dialogue Manager with the save system built into it.

- I also did the same with my Sound Manager, so now all my music and sound effects are tied to every scene.

- All UI has been decoupled from the Dialogue system, so now they work as separate systems and should not cause any softlocks (fingers crossed) where no buttons appear.
Overhaul.gif

Stay posted!

Reactions: Masgara and rrapa

ExtendedSpace

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2017
Hey guys, update is almost ready!

- Testing the save system and it looks like everything is working well except for the auto-save function. If I can't get auto-save to work in the next 2-3 days while I finish up testing then we can go without that for now until a later build.
- Found a couple blocked paths in the dialogue branches and fixed those, so they should be good to go with the new update.
- Also adding a new route and adjusted the trust and dependency routes to reflect the paths taken a bit better.

I have some patrons so the public build will come out a week after the release. Look forward to this and the next update, a lot of options will become available!

Reactions: rrapa

ExtendedSpace

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2017
SOunds interesting, but the graphics are just too ugly
Thanks G, this is still version 1 of the new model so I'm open to changes in the future. now that I have basically the same/bit more functionality than before with the characters, I'm working on some other things like head/eye tracking and the sim parts like getting money and a basic shop going. Hopefully we'll have the basic gameplay loop down by then.
Hey man, haven't had the time to work on the new models just yet but improvements will come. Hopefully you'll like it more in the future!

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes