Wolf RPG WIP [TL Request] Two beasts or Not to Beast!! / Kinosei ハルキの最大の敵は理性 [Tokinokogiri]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

imaxos

Jun 21, 2021
Playing with the game's text files
(Not actual translations, lol)
ScreenShot_2021_0814_01_03_04.png
ScreenShot_2021_0814_22_41_00.png

As you can see, a translation should be 100% feasible now.
Sadly I can't translate the game. I have little knowledge of japanese and english is not even my mother lenguage. However, I can provide technical support if needed.

Mar 19, 2018
my knowledge of japanese is kind of amateur (i can understand some things but not that much), but i could potentially try to do an MTL and then just edit it to be actually comprehensible, check some of my japanese textbooks to try and make some things more understandable, etc

that'd be a lot of work and i currently am busy with life, but if nobody else has bothered to do it 2 weeks later i'll likely take a crack at it

StarKrug

Jun 12, 2018
my knowledge of japanese is kind of amateur (i can understand some things but not that much), but i could potentially try to do an MTL and then just edit it to be actually comprehensible, check some of my japanese textbooks to try and make some things more understandable, etc

that'd be a lot of work and i currently am busy with life, but if nobody else has bothered to do it 2 weeks later i'll likely take a crack at it
I'll take a crack at it later, see what I can do.

klip

Dec 18, 2018
translation is great but uh...
any chance at the new version? still want to check out the new sindoll event

drovobupr

Jul 15, 2019
I gotchu lads. Here's the link for 0.13. New updates usually drop on the 20th every month. If there's one in on the 20th this month I can provide a link for that as well.

Rename the folder from the zip or set your non-unicode language to Japanese (way easier to just rename the folder).

Last edited:

klip

Dec 18, 2018
I gotchu lads. Here's the link for 0.13. New updates usually drop on the 20th every month. If there's one in on the 20th this month I can provide a link for that as well.

You the real MVP, sir. Good stuff

StarKrug

Jun 12, 2018
View attachment 1352916
View attachment 1352918

Sadly I can't translate the game. I have little knowledge of japanese and english is not even my mother lenguage. However, I can provide technical support if needed.
Can you walk me through your decode process? I've tried both Dxadecode and DXExtract and both have failed me, this is using both types of keys;

56F06CA787CF0E (v8) WLFRPrO!p(;s5((8P@((UFWlu$#5(=
Hex and ASCII, respectively.

StarKrug

Jun 12, 2018
Nevermind, I figured it out. Given that we don't know what files might get changed each update, I made a batch file to make decoding them easier each time. Working on a Win10 machine. Can't upload a straight batch file though, so you have to open notepad, paste this in, and save it as {whateverfilename}.bat

Gonna start trying to translate tomorrow, would have started earlier but life always finds a way to make things difficult :)

Unreal 6

Jan 21, 2018
lol i needed to rename the game folder after unziping to get the game to lunch ;D ( thanks to asian alfabet)

StarKrug

Jun 12, 2018
View attachment 1352916
View attachment 1352918

What did you use to edit the games text files? I ran it through translate++ and got MTL, but tried applying the patch with that and the game won't start then, and I wasn't able to figure out what to edit using Wolf Editor.

Pixxle

Oct 28, 2019
Am i doing something wrong when i try to launch the game.exe frin 0.13 it says "Cannot locate basic info data ./Data/BasicData/Game.dat the v 0.01 works though
Edit: Aparently just needed to rename folder from the zip

Last edited:

myaumyau

Aug 8, 2021
Thanks, interesting that needing to be decrypted to be translated... Sad times were modding is that discouraged.
I been using a swanneck phone holder and point google-translate on it..

imaxos

Jun 21, 2021
What did you use to edit the games text files? I ran it through translate++ and got MTL, but tried applying the patch with that and the game won't start then, and I wasn't able to figure out what to edit using Wolf Editor.
I used notepad++ for editing the game files.
After checking the files, seems like you can't just MTL the entire script file. Besides the dialogue text (the one that appears in text boxes), the script files also contain pseudocode lines that determine the scene flow, the background, and the character sprites. Some of those lines contain japanese characters, so if they got translated the code breaks. I will try to see if I can use unix commands to extract the dialogue text to a separate file, MTL it, and them put it back without disturbing the script.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote