VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
To Be A King (0.7.1) Walkthrough Mod + Replay Unlocked(OnHold)

Use this at your own risk! This may break your game or saves for future updates! Highlighted choices may not be the best(I think it is but still)

*If you find any error replay my comment or DM

*I don't know what the hell is wrong with this game but i can't just extract rpyc files to work on. i tried unren and other methods but nothing seems to work, and it's just this game! On other games it wotks fine. I had the similar problem with previous version but i somehow managed to extratc it but this method doesn't work now. I don't know, maybe it's just my pc have some problem(don't think so but still).
So i can't really update this mod. If enyone here with much more experience want to countinue this mod, you are very welcome!
Sorry guys!
*Edit: Soo it's looks like renpy is updated to python 3+ version and that why unrens don't work anymore! I'll guess we have to wait till it's updated
I've updated the tool, you can try it. The files are decompiled and the game even starts. But I didn't check further than the main screen.

blademaster89

Aug 4, 2017
yah it's the point , i can understand "under the sun " literally but the sentences can have multiple means in different places so thats what i asked for if there is a mean that i dont know for this .
It simply means that you can romance all female characters to date and also let them know you are romantically involved with others as well. I'm saying female characters cause as of date, there are no male characters introduced that can be romanced...

Also, here,

hope it helps :)

vivaloveyou

Jul 22, 2021

Use this at your own risk! This may break your game or saves for future updates! Highlighted choices may not be the best(I think it is but still)

*I don't know what the hell is wrong with this game but i can't just extract rpyc files to work on. i tried unren and other methods but nothing seems to work, and it's just this game! On other games it wotks fine. I had the similar problem with previous version but i somehow managed to extratc it but this method doesn't work now. I don't know, maybe it's just my pc have some problem(don't think so but still).
So i can't really update this mod. If enyone here with much more experience want to countinue this mod, you are very welcome!
Sorry guys!
*Edit: Soo it's looks like renpy is updated to python 3+ version and that why unrens don't work anymore! I'll guess we have to wait till it's updated

Hi xinkala, VepsrP has solved the rpy problem, we need your walkthrough!

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Put the unren where the exe is not the game subfolder.
View attachment 1924915
I never used to have to place an UnRen file there; the \game folder also used to work. Notwithstanding, it still fails to decompile .rpyc files, which for me is the main point. I get the same error others have already listed in this thread. But I'm not going to worry about it right now; I have enough other things to do that I don't need to bother with this.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Confirmed, Unren v0.12 (UnRen-v.0.12v4.zip) decompiles rpyc files properly.
-CookieMonster666- A new version of unren just got released that can decompile .rpyc files correctly.
This is the version I used. I went to the thread linked before, downloaded v0.12v4.zip, put that in the main To Be a King game folder, and then ran it. It unarchived the .rpas but it did not decompile the .rpycs. For example:
Code:
   + Decompiling "ch8s9cassiatime.rpyc" - 35094 bytes
Decompiling I:\To Be a King - Ch8 (v0.8.1)\ToBeAKing-0.8.1-pc\game\chapters\chapter8\script\ch8s9cassiatime.rpyc to I:\To Be a King - Ch8 (v0.8.1)\ToBeAKing-0.8.1-pc\game\chapters\chapter8\script\ch8s9cassiatime.rpy...
Error while decompiling I:\To Be a King - Ch8 (v0.8.1)\ToBeAKing-0.8.1-pc\game\chapters\chapter8\script\ch8s9cassiatime.rpyc:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "I:\To Be a King - Ch8 (v0.8.1)\ToBeAKing-0.8.1-pc\unrpyc.py", line 203, in worker
    tag_outside_block=args.tag_outside_block, init_offset=args.init_offset, try_harder=args.try_harder)
  File "I:\To Be a King - Ch8 (v0.8.1)\ToBeAKing-0.8.1-pc\unrpyc.py", line 166, in decompile_rpyc
    ast = read_ast_from_file(in_file)
  File "I:\To Be a King - Ch8 (v0.8.1)\ToBeAKing-0.8.1-pc\unrpyc.py", line 139, in read_ast_from_file
    data, stmts = magic.safe_loads(raw_contents, class_factory, {"_ast", "collections"})
  File "../decompiler/magic.py", line 598, in safe_loads
    encoding=encoding, errors=errors).load()
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 864, in load
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 1212, in load_setitems
TypeError: 'RevertableDict' object does not support item assignment

Decompilation of 1 file failed
It's like that for a large number of the .rpyc files it tries (such as all Chapter 8 files).

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
This is the version I used. I went to the thread linked before, downloaded v0.12v4.zip, put that in the main To Be a King game folder, and then ran it. It unarchived the .rpas but it did not decompile the .rpycs. For example:
Code:
Decompiling I:\To Be a King - Ch8 (v0.8.1)\ToBeAKing-0.8.1-pc\game\chapters\chapter8\script\ch8s9cassiatime.rpyc to I:\To Be a King - Ch8 (v0.8.1)\ToBeAKing-0.8.1-pc\game\chapters\chapter8\script\ch8s9cassiatime.rpy...
Error while decompiling I:\To Be a King - Ch8 (v0.8.1)\ToBeAKing-0.8.1-pc\game\chapters\chapter8\script\ch8s9cassiatime.rpyc:
  File "I:\To Be a King - Ch8 (v0.8.1)\ToBeAKing-0.8.1-pc\unrpyc.py", line 203, in worker
    tag_outside_block=args.tag_outside_block, init_offset=args.init_offset, try_harder=args.try_harder)
  File "I:\To Be a King - Ch8 (v0.8.1)\ToBeAKing-0.8.1-pc\unrpyc.py", line 166, in decompile_rpyc
  File "I:\To Be a King - Ch8 (v0.8.1)\ToBeAKing-0.8.1-pc\unrpyc.py", line 139, in read_ast_from_file
    data, stmts = magic.safe_loads(raw_contents, class_factory, {"_ast", "collections"})
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 864, in load
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 1212, in load_setitems

It's like that for a large number of the .rpyc files it tries (such as all Chapter 8 files).
I recently updated it, plus the old version 4 was incorrectly named. It should have been 3.

Knight of the Dawn

Jun 19, 2022
Code:

Download the new version,It was updated a couple of hours ago,I tested it and it works.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
good thing that i'm not into coding, i'd lose nerves lots of times.

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017

Sorry guys!
well it got updated
https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-v-0-11v3-unren-v-0-12v4-unren-v-0-13-v2-unren-windowed.92717/

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Either Helena / tullia & diana or Dinah ?? Why MC can't keep all of them. This is ridiculous
What's to say he can't? Choosing Helena is an obvious choice narratively given her status and inner conflict about being with someone else not to mention was always best route to getting with the daughters without losing your head in process lol. Tullia by contrast is promiscuous from the off and going with her after rejecting Helena does NOT add her to your harem that i noticed nor is she ever registered as being rejected - she will come eventually down the line easy enough i feel given her friendship with Helena and attitude to sex. Simply put choosing Helena is the best path.

As for Diana and Dinah - Diana is the no brainer her too. She has great wealth and influence and seducing her is not likely to put Dinah off (youve already slept with her, she is already besotted with you and is rebellious against her mother so she will want a piece of you regardless) by contrast Diana baulks at idea of marrying them both so marry her of the two with low odds of losing out on Dinah as game itself also states you can add her to harem later if you choose her mother.

If its certain scenes being locked to certain paths annoying you i get that though albeit theyve been around for a while with Kaylen especially as i recall having some locked to her which you get with being less stick it in everything else you see lol

Reactions: Onetogo

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
Wondering this as well. I don't remember doing so
Has anyone been able to work this out? Must be an old choice because flora went from "will be available to add to your harem soon" at the end of 0.7.1 to "you have rejected flora" at the first scene of 0.8.1

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Has anyone been able to work this out? Must be an old choice because flora went from "will be available to add to your harem soon" at the end of 0.7.1 to "you have rejected flora" at the first scene of 0.8.1
Did you have sex with her the night she wanted to share a bed with you? There were three options basically stating she needs to stick to servants quarters, i would never take advantage of you or the third option of basically FUCK YEAH!. Maybe this makes people feel they should be reassuring with dont take advantage option but you gotta fuck her i think to add her to harem.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Are you sure you are on flora's path? The only line in the code that I see that would do that is if you are not on flora's path (flora_path == false).

Did you have sex with her the night she wanted to share a bed with you? There were three options basically stating she needs to stick to servants quarters, i would never take advantage of you or the third option of basically FUCK YEAH!. Maybe this makes people feel they should be reassuring with dont take advantage option but you gotta fuck her i think to add her to harem.
I looked at the code, and this is basically correct. When she asks to sleep in your bed, say "Of course". This sets the path variable to true so that you do not get the rejection as I stated above.

Reactions: Onetogo and okokok

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
Xello boyz and girlz!

Im updating my mod finally!

Just one thing! I lost my saves from previous version. If anyone can give me it from end of the 0.7 version with my mod. it would be very good! Just want to test if moded saves files will work without problem!
Thank you for your work, you're amazing just like VepsrP for the work on unren!

Attached save file
1-4-LT1.save ( end of chapter 7 I believe from ; C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\ToBeAKing-1613230674
1-6-LT1.save ( same as above but re-saved in 8.1 on 6th slot and from; x:\VNs\ToBeAKing-0.8.1\game\saves

(I believe that was with your mod installed) Hope it helps.

• Red Heart
Reactions: xinkala

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
Xello boyz and girlz!

Im updating my mod finally!

Just one thing! I lost my saves from previous version. If anyone can give me it from end of the 0.7 version with my mod. it would be very good! Just want to test if moded saves files will work without problem!
well i havent done clean run with it cause continuation worked fine, but here got my 4 paths

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes