Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
Every character looks WAY worse and caked in tons of powder and makeup. Why dev? This "engine update" is total fucking waste of time. Characters look worse. I don't understand having a year pause just to switch engines when the game is halfway 10 chapters in!!!!

Bnshy

Nov 20, 2021
New Glamour Shots - 04/09

It took some editing, optimization, custom texture work, new lighting, and some changes to my render settings. But we've got a nice looking setup for all the characters now.

I'll have full body shots and scene renders soon, but enjoy these glamour headshots for now. Man is it nice to be able to crank out 4K renders in seconds.

View attachment 3016249
View attachment 3016254
View attachment 3016257
View attachment 3016259
View attachment 3016261
View attachment 3016266
View attachment 3016269
View attachment 3016273
View attachment 3016275
View attachment 3016276
View attachment 3016279
View attachment 3016280
View attachment 3016281
View attachment 3016283
View attachment 3016284
View attachment 3016285
View attachment 3016286
View attachment 3016287
View attachment 3016288
View attachment 3016289
View attachment 3016292
View attachment 3016293
They look different and not in a good way.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Every character looks WAY worse and caked in tons of powder and makeup. Why dev? This "engine update" is total fucking waste of time. Characters look worse. I don't understand having a year pause just to switch engines when the game is halfway 10 chapters in!!!!
It's a problem that seems to plague a lot of games. The Devs are more concerned with reworking graphics than the people playing them are.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
It's a problem that seems to plague a lot of games. The Devs are more concerned with reworking graphics that the people playing them are.
sadly, unless og graphics really sucked then no need to upgrade. dmd uses years old generation graphics but it still looks good (not as good as games using gen 8.x graphics ofc but still good enuf).

Candy Suxx

Oct 11, 2019
She literally looks like Annabelle....

The only two LI's who still managed to look almost as pretty as they were before are Aelina and Kaylan.

After reading the dev blogs it is clear that dev is quite confident about his work even though we aren't after seeing the previews.
There are slim chances that this entire rework realistic shit might end up working out because either way whether it works or not, dev certainly can't go back now as a lot of work and time has been spent on these. I don't expect the game to drop this year, maybe early next year but all I hope is that it doesn't turn into a total disappointment.

Last edited:

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Is it just me or is the writing here a little .. I mean so far I've done almost nothing BUT spend time with various princesses listening to them talle how amazing I am meanwhile the purple robe dude keeps telling me to stop fucking flirting and do my job .. which I kinda agree with him. The 'Conspiracy' Is so obvious even a five year old could figure it out. While our protagonists insists on being a dumbass. And being treated like a military genius for it. Even when he does something it almost seems more than luck is on his side than he actually does anything praiseworthy.

I know the game is wish fulfillment. But if you don't actually make the character feel COMPETANT. It all comes across as somewhat asinine when you're hurp derping all over the palace but women still throw themselves at you like you're hot shit.

Don't get why this game is so highly rated ..

And yeah some of the models look kinda wack.

King Slayer100

Modder
Aug 20, 2018
Is it just me or is the writing here a little .. I mean so far I've done almost nothing BUT spend time with various princesses listening to them talle how amazing I am meanwhile the purple robe dude keeps telling me to stop fucking flirting and do my job .. which I kinda agree with him. The 'Conspiracy' Is so obvious even a five year old could figure it out. While our protagonists insists on being a dumbass. And being treated like a military genius for it. Even when he does something it almost seems more than luck is on his side than he actually does anything praiseworthy.

I know the game is wish fulfillment. But if you don't actually make the character feel COMPETANT. It all comes across as somewhat asinine when you're hurp derping all over the palace but women still throw themselves at you like you're hot shit.

Don't get why this game is so highly rated ..

And yeah some of the models look kinda wack.
Agree on writing aspect a military genral shouldn't be so slow to catch on to the sabotage attempts. Models are personal preference though.
But hey atleast it's not point - click, sandbox grind , management kind of game .which pretty common in this medieval gener . that already pretty good for most people so the high ratings I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: sava75

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
IIRC they have always been asymetyrical. Not easily noticeable but pretty sure that hasn't changed.

However, the real question and discussion guys is not the girls tits...or their currently slightly odd faces...but why the MC still looks like a fucking dopey moron who got kicked by a donkey when he was a kid!

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
IIRC they have always been asymetyrical. Not easily noticeable but pretty sure that hasn't changed.

However, the real question and discussion guys is not the girls tits...or their currently slightly odd faces...but why the MC still looks like a fucking dopey moron who got kicked by a donkey when he was a kid!
You shouldn't shame a character because of an unfortunate incident in their past. Poor MC never saw the hoof coming.... :cry:

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes